Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldean
Apr 27, 2005
What a Yomi team looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsdILQZv23g

Yeah, that damage is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

DaveWoo posted:

Not sure what you mean here - I haven't heard anything about Scarlet in NA at all.

Oh baby, PDX has it listed as a GFE and recently added. So that bitch is en route soon.

two_step posted:

I think he is confusing the descended Scarlet (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=2205) with the new dragoncaller (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=2142)

They are totally different things.

Oh the told and the furious...

On the subject of new GFEs, I'm pretty pissy they added new ones. Now I just get more poo poo to roll instead of GZL... or more Verdandis or Zuohs!

Awoken Haku is so beautiful - I'm extremely sad she's not Devil, that would have been just broken as all hell...

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 27, 2015

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Artificer posted:

Does anyone have a good Isis they can put up? Plusses aren't too necessary I think... but would be nice. I'd like to use her to beat down some binds with my Kali team while I don't have enough team cost to put in Metatron. Please post your friend ID!

Edit: Oh I'll just use a Scholarship Isis.

Edit: Oh right now I don't have a fast charging board change active. gently caress.

Edit: Metatron can be used next level. I'll just level up then.

Guess you don't need it anymore, but I put mine up.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

gninjagnome posted:

Guess you don't need it anymore, but I put mine up.

Not anymore, but thank you anyways.

Cadence
Dec 31, 2007

Vidmaster posted:

I still have this! Take it off my hands please.

Hello! I am a total noob, just started, irc says that I should not keep my Sleeping Beauty, and should ask about this one!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So I did Iza Legend with this team:

Lkali/kushi/SQ/Awoken Anubis/Yomi

Can this same team do Mythical?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Nosre posted:

This thrown together team (the Liu Bei skills are completely worthless) made it through. Only about 360 plusses across the entire team, it did require a max skill Meimei friend and enough skillboosts to have it up turn 1, however. As well as getting lucky and avoiding fatty, don't think I would have been able to handle him.
You know, I completely forgot about their damage reduction. So 2 A.Meimei leads is a 40% reduction in dark damage, correct?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Waldean posted:

Oh, she's up?

Let's spec this poo poo for damage.

Dublits! here I come!

Whoops! I forgot to use batman :o:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

poo poo, I don't have a hypermax Meimei on my friends' list. If any of you have one, I'd be exceeding grateful if you stick it up for the next couple hours. Actually, if my math is right it doesn't even have to be hypered, I just need one with max skill.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Rangpur posted:

poo poo, I don't have a hypermax Meimei on my friends' list. If any of you have one, I'd be exceeding grateful if you stick it up for the next couple hours. Actually, if my math is right it doesn't even have to be hypered, I just need one with max skill.

3 +s but max skill, sent you an invite

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Nothing but green and blue fruits today... PAD, please, I need red fruits to fruitlessly try and skill up beach Urd when the event starts tomorrow.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Waldean posted:

Awesome, by the time I get my hands on a Phoenix to make A.Shiva we'll probably have A.Yomi and I'll never ed up using A.Shiva since I could run something like A.Yomi/Ronia/DB Bats and some mix of Persephone/DL Bats/Chester/Gryps Rider and end up doing similar or greater damage. :psyduck:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Awesome, by the time I get my hands on a Phoenix to make A.Shiva we'll probably have A.Yomi and I'll never ed up using A.Shiva since I could run something like A.Yomi/Ronia/DB Bats and some mix of Persephone/DL Bats/Chester/Gryps Rider and end up doing similar or greater damage. :psyduck:

Shiva is easier to use and has a rcv bonus. Even with the extra seconds you get from the Yomi leads 7 combos with a 5-match is not trivial.

Edit: Also, you *need* a Zaerog8 in there, so prepare your farming schedule.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 27, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Hm... I could ult Kirin with a green jewel, but I also need the green jewel for Bastet... and Bastet is much better... well, Sorry Kirin :)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Waldean posted:

Wait a minute... awoken yomi>????!!???!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Rangpur posted:

You know, I completely forgot about their damage reduction. So 2 A.Meimei leads is a 40% reduction in dark damage, correct?

51% damage reduction. .7 * .7 = .49

ptp
Aug 27, 2010
Awoken Yomi's leader skill is going to be a serious trap for a lot of people. It's very powerful, but that activation is like Osiris but harder (side note: really excited to see the Osiris uvo when it finally comes around)

Also I feel like trying to run prongs with Yomi is a huge mistake unless you're running like a Haku system or something, and that's *serious* whale territory.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Postal Parcel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROLysOekQV4

DL Yomi is female(faces left), DDYomi is male(faces right)
The test is never wrong

Liu Bei faces to the left, and unless he suddenly grew another pair I believe this is checkmate sir.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Yeah, Yomi is the first lead (except maybe Kite) whose leader skill makes it so that basically pure enhanced orb is the way to get your damage really high, though getting one, maybe two prongs in won't hurt

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Evil Fluffy posted:

Phoenix is now farmable from red skydragons, so farm the poo poo out of it this weekend.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Shiva does pretty much the same damage in normal situations. Yomi has a higher peak at like 4-5 million per monster consistently instead of Shiva where without skyfalls you can expect around 2 million, but it's not that big of a deal considering Shiva has the rcv boost and a lot of hp.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Yeah, Yomi is the first lead (except maybe Kite) whose leader skill makes it so that basically pure enhanced orb is the way to get your damage really high, though getting one, maybe two prongs in won't hurt
Finally a use for Chibi haku? Please?

ptp
Aug 27, 2010

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

For the record, a Yomi/A Haku system would have a whopping 14 orb enhances and 4 subs with double TPA. Beelzebub would probably also go well on an orb enhance team, as would Zaerog Infinity. Goetia would work on a budget, too. Chibi Haku also has 3 orb enhances.

Ultimately I think Awoken Yomi is going to be a major whale leader, and a Blonia-type trap for non whales.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I did Iza Legend with this team:

Lkali/kushi/SQ/Awoken Anubis/Yomi

Can this same team do Mythical?

Anyone?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I believe there is an awoken Ammy somewhere in there, but she still a gimmicky leader. At least you'll recover all your HP every turn! Better grab those beefy healers soon.

Some trivia: Awoken Haku is the beefiest healer in the game.

ptp posted:

Ultimately I think Awoken Yomi is going to be a major whale leader, and a Blonia-type trap for non whales.

Nah, she goes well with Zaerog8 and D.Iza, both farmable. Then you just add whatever orb changers you have and start kicking rear end.

She's going to be a real good lead for 7x6 dungeons too.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 28, 2015

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

OBi posted:

3 +s but max skill, sent you an invite
Much appreciated.

I didn't quite make it, but I came closer than I ever have before. Probably would have won if I hadn't bollocksed up on Hera-Sol, and healed her back to full 1 turn before she ends you. Ah well. I'll try again next time I have 99 stamina lying around. So... probably tomorrow. :v:

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Ultima66 posted:

Shiva does pretty much the same damage in normal situations. Yomi has a higher peak at like 4-5 million per monster consistently instead of Shiva where without skyfalls you can expect around 2 million, but it's not that big of a deal considering Shiva has the rcv boost and a lot of hp.

Spiking harder also isn't all that useful until they start adding bosses than A.Shiva can't one-shot. The room for being better is by being more consistent or more survivable.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

ptp posted:

For the record, a Yomi/A Haku system would have a whopping 14 orb enhances and 4 subs with double TPA. Beelzebub would probably also go well on an orb enhance team, as would Zaerog Infinity. Goetia would work on a budget, too. Chibi Haku also has 3 orb enhances.

Did someone say haku system?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

trucutru posted:

I believe there is an awoken Ammy somewhere in there, but she still a gimmicky leader. At least you'll recover all your HP every turn! Better grab those beefy healers soon.

Some trivia: Awoken Haku is the beefiest healer in the game.

Nah, she goes well with Zaerog8 and D.Iza, both farmable. Then you just add whatever orb changers you have and start kicking rear end.

She's going to be a real good lead for 7x6 dungeons too.

Why would you go for AYomi when AAnubis is there, flopping his x400(Probably more like x144) dick on the 7x6 table?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

UchihaHirou posted:

:cry: If I only had a Yomi to my name.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Postal Parcel posted:

Why would you go for AYomi when AAnubis is there, flopping his x400(Probably more like x144) dick on the 7x6 table?

Because A.Anubis has trouble controlling his damage, which is a *big* deal in lvl10s.

Also: you might not have an Anubis?

Anyways, as for Shiva vs Yomi, she deals much better damage per orb (which is actually what counts nowadays) and should be able to kill most mini bosses with 5 orbs, while Shiva needs 7-8. Her weaknesses are going to be her defensive options: removing binds and recovering from big hits.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

ptp posted:

If I was going to use Yomi for any general farming situation I would bring two Zaerog 8's for constant skyfall boost+speeding up other skills. My Yomi team would be Yomi/Zaerog8x2/A. Haku/Beach Pandora/Yomi probably

Also I just realized that I have a normal Gronia and an extra Haku and a DMeta so I could put together a pretty fuckin' good Beach Box team

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Finally cleared Endless Corridors today! Axetrain, your Bestcat sent me to victory (and GZL doing almost 3 million damage to Zeus didn't hurt either)!

Now to do the actually difficult versions...

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Work's been absolutely crushing me lately so I haven't had time for much more than refreshing friend list and using BFFs but I rolled till not gold in the last godfest and got 2x Gadius and a golem. Is he a good sub for himself? "Stack up heartmakers and rape like Ra" sounds like an interesting deal.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
Gadius is a very good sub for himself, along with Takeru and Uriel

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Waldean posted:

Welp, I'm probably whaling for a yomi in JP. Given that I have two satsukis and three hakus there...yup. Definitely going to be my next team.

On that note, I did just finish getting the team cost to run my healer team. LMeta/DQ/DQ/DQ/AVenus. Once I can skill up my chibivalk, she'll replace a DQ too. Seems cool so far.

MrMoose fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 28, 2015

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

His stats are kinda lame (you really don't need all that RCV when you're bringing heartmakers to activate his LS....) but more rows and another red+heart+garbage board change isn't bad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

UchihaHirou posted:

Am I doing this right?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
https://www.facebook.com/PuzzleAndDragonsOfficial/photos/a.532262196802377.135063.484776928217571/1126253287403262/?type=1

3-star monsters out of the REM tomorrow along with Apoc+Zhuges+Guan Yus out of the exclusive list, and other stuff.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
So what are the skillup monster invades like on the dragon technicals? Bad or really bad?

• Locked thread