Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Too Official
Jun 17, 2004

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
I just started playing last week and I'm really enjoying it so far. Shame that there's no cross platform play but whatcha gonna do? One question I have though, I've completed the first 2 starter quest lines but there's nothing open in the codex. I'm guessing that I'm just to go on and unlock planets until I hit a new starting quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Too Official posted:

I just started playing last week and I'm really enjoying it so far. Shame that there's no cross platform play but whatcha gonna do? One question I have though, I've completed the first 2 starter quest lines but there's nothing open in the codex. I'm guessing that I'm just to go on and unlock planets until I hit a new starting quest?

Yeah, quests more happen here and there rather than being a constant goal. Generally you just work towards affording and making cool new poo poo.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Dog quest drop from venus boss, you get a quest from the scanner guy in the sanctuary, and 2 can be started from the market. Some are just mastery locked they will be given to you as you level up.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I've been out for like 8 months or so and everything is so different I don't even know where to begin.
What are the good new frames?
Is there an in game marketplace now? What's the currency (plat/cred)? Is it worth it?
Should I get a dog? Are they hard to get?
Are their any beastly new guns that I should aim for?

It's so loving crazy. I like the new little spaceship home screen though.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
For some reason, warframe builder and the in-game UI are showing different values for what seems to be the same Hek setup:

Why does warframe builder seem to be showing 10% more damage?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Edit: Wait no I'm blind

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
WB
86.680 impact
375.430 puncture
115.500 slash
577.61 total

vs

Ingame
78.8 Impact
341.3 Puncture
105.0 Slash
525.1 total

Warframe-Builder's gun stats are inflated by 10% for some reason.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Hm, currently formaing kulstar(at 2 forma), can't decide if I should keep throwing formas at it, or take a break and forma something else.

Here's the ones I'm thinking of formaing:
Braton Vandal
Bo Prime
Dread
Hate(Or reaper prime, haven't checked which is better)
Stug
Sybaris(Cause it looks awesome)
Some kind of sniper rifle, probably the vectis P.

Opinions on those?

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Nalesh posted:

Hm, currently formaing kulstar(at 2 forma), can't decide if I should keep throwing formas at it, or take a break and forma something else.

Here's the ones I'm thinking of formaing:
Braton Vandal
Bo Prime
Dread
Hate(Or reaper prime, haven't checked which is better)
Stug
Sybaris(Cause it looks awesome)
Some kind of sniper rifle, probably the vectis P.

Opinions on those?

Throw one more into the Kulstar, then forma the Anku instead of Hate or Reaper Prime. Unless y'have your heart set on those two, the Anku kicks the poo poo out of all the other scythes.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Huh, always heard that the hate was the end all be all, I do like the Anku's model better too. Reaper P has a special place in my heart due to being like the first prime(outside of Frost P due to the event) I got, but holy poo poo it sucks nowadays.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

hooah posted:

For some reason, warframe builder and the in-game UI are showing different values for what seems to be the same Hek setup:

The builder gives expected damage by default. The extra 10% is the result of the 10%/x2 crit. Untick the box by the crit stat to make it show pre-crit damage, and untick the pellets box to make it show damage per pellet.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What's better anyway, Tipedo or Bo Prime? Bo Prime has more status and damage, while Tipedo has more crit.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

There's a simpler suggestion for the gender-shifting and disregard for proper heads among the Tenno. They're Infestation 2.0 - they can change their shape to fit whatever frame they want, but the Orokin actually retain control this time. Babby Rhino wasn't possessed when he saw the other Zariman kids - he was shocked into remembering what he was.

The void is described as a place where science fails, and only Tenno can channel it properly. They're literally magicians inhabiting suits of armour that enhance and shape their power (little Ember didn't need a suit to start horribly burning people - but it helps!)

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

hooah posted:

Warframe builder takes crits into account to present an average damage number, while Warframe shows the non-crit damage.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Caffeine IV posted:

Throw one more into the Kulstar, then forma the Anku instead of Hate or Reaper Prime. Unless y'have your heart set on those two, the Anku kicks the poo poo out of all the other scythes.

:agreed:, the Anku is significantly better than any other scythe, and the only one that's actually a good (for melee) weapon.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Ok, thanks. I think I had heard that a while ago, but I use it so infrequently that I forgot.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I potato'd my scoliac and havent looked back. :whip:

Also I always figured the tenno were genderless blobs of energy piloting various gendered robot suits. Some days you wanna be a jacked dude charging through throngs of enemies, sometimes you wanna have massive tiddies and put poison boobles on people.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hate is actually arguably the worst scythe in the game because of its gently caress-all range. Anku in unarguably the best. Sadly not as cool as Reaper Prime though.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

SSNeoman posted:

Hate is actually arguably the worst scythe in the game because of its gently caress-all range. Anku in unarguably the best. Sadly not as cool as Reaper Prime though.

Anku doesn't take the Spearmint Skin, and therefore cannot possibly be the best scythe.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Also I always figured the tenno were genderless blobs of energy piloting various gendered robot suits.
So, basically:

We need an entire lineup of closed beta Warframe :ghost:s. Excalibur's has two extra pixels inside the mouth for the smaller Excalibur. The empty spot in the middle of the lineup is Loki.

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 28, 2015

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

My friend informed me that the Kulstar doesn't harm you while cloaked as Loki which has improved my enjoyment of that game immensely. There's something amazingly satisfying about murdering everything with explosions that can't be heard.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Fish Noise posted:

We need an entire lineup of closed beta Warframe :ghost:s.

?

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Good.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vanderdeath posted:

My friend informed me that the Kulstar doesn't harm you while cloaked as Loki which has improved my enjoyment of that game immensely. There's something amazingly satisfying about murdering everything with explosions that can't be heard.

Just be very aware of your timing. I think I killed myself twice in a 20-minute survival just now. Also, don't try to run up to a nullifier and blow up his face, because it will be you who blows up! :v:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Vanderdeath posted:

This is a good info! I can't count how many times I blew myself up killing things up close and personal!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, I need some help.
I haven't re-download the game so I have no clue what's in store.

I was primarily using Nyx with the red promo shotgun or Soma, dual Boltors and either the flathead Greatsword or the punchfists. Maybe the small knives for 1000 strikes or something.

I think I owned Nyx, Excallibur, the sonic one, the toxic one, Rhino and... maybe Loki. Playing Nyx was easy mode and I would not be the least surprised if she got nerfed to hell.

Basically, what should I look to do so I don't make very dumb decisions?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Inzombiac posted:

Okay, I need some help.

I was primarily using Nyx with the red promo shotgun or Soma, dual Boltors and either the flathead Greatsword or the punchfists. Maybe the small knives for 1000 strikes or something.

I think I owned Nyx, Excallibur, the sonic one, the toxic one, Rhino and... maybe Loki. Playing Nyx was easy mode and I would not be the least surprised if she got nerfed to hell.

You're in luck. Nyx has actually gotten way better since you've played. :buddy:

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Inzombiac posted:

Okay, I need some help.

Top priority imo would be getting Orokin Catalysts/Reactors for your favorite gear. You can do that by waiting on alerts or farming prime stuff in the Orokin Void and sell it for platinum then get it at the market. These will double the mod capacity of your favorite gear, allowing you to do stupid amounts of damage.

As for your frames, Nyx has become very average due to more overpowered crowd control frames entering the mix. Excal has gotten pretty good if you focus on melee and buffing his new ultimate. Volt is still very ho-hum and average. Saryn nowadays is just used to rush exterminate missions with her ult. Rhino is Rhino, beat stuff with fist and have fun. Loki is pretty drat overpowered if you build toward range and Irradiated Disarm.

If you want new free frames, you can buy quests in the market for Credits that will get you Mirage, Chroma, Limbo and Mesa. Mesa's highly desired since you can mash your ult and expedite Survival/Defense missions. Mirage is another powerful frame, though she kinda falls short against infected imo. Chroma's basically the TF2 engineer. I haven't played Limbo but his gimmick seems to frustrate players more than help out.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Highwang posted:

Mirage is another powerful frame, though she kinda falls short against infected imo.

Oh look someone who doesn't have Amprex and Atomos.

Mirage is one of the most powerful frames in the game. She is also essential for raids if you wanted to lock down entire maps because her blind pass through walls like Excalibur's blind used to be except bigger range. Even if she's not using her ult for the blind it could still kill entire maps in regular missions. Her syndicate mod made her damage boost support for her entire team. Her first ability combined with the right weapons *cough*kulstar*cough* will blow up the entire map and makes your screen shakes so bad you'd get flashbacks of vietnam.

In short, minus one useless ability, she is one of the most powerful frames in the game even at endgame.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Mirage is a force multiplier frame, give her pretty much any weapon and she will make it better. Hell, stick her next to a mesa and that mesa's 4 becomes stronk as gently caress.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Building the Knux. Soon I will rule all of AW once more.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I like how the base archwing gun does about 10 damage per shot and mods to increase damage are basically nonexistent. Sheesh

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

I like how the base archwing gun does about 10 damage per shot and mods to increase damage are basically nonexistent. Sheesh

And it's still better than all the other Archwing guns. :v:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Neo_Crimson posted:

And it's still better than all the other Archwing guns. :v:

Seriously? christ. I mean, at least the corpus tileset for archwing is alright and feels cool, but the grineer one is so unbelievably bland, and theres no loving spacial indicators. then pile on the fact that you got 50 dudes shooting at you and you have to plink them down slowly and then maybe one of them drops an energy orb (so you can use your rocket move that does 10 damage to THREE things) then half and hour and two revives later you get to leave with basically nothing

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Seriously? christ. I mean, at least the corpus tileset for archwing is alright and feels cool, but the grineer one is so unbelievably bland, and theres no loving spacial indicators. then pile on the fact that you got 50 dudes shooting at you and you have to plink them down slowly and then maybe one of them drops an energy orb (so you can use your rocket move that does 10 damage to THREE things) then half and hour and two revives later you get to leave with basically nothing

Ask around in the clan, you won't be plinking with the Imperator once you get some mods in it.

There's no saving the starter buttwing though, it's limp as hell. Get an Itzal if/when you can.

Archwing plays somewhat differently from your current experience once you're well-equipped, but the lack of content or even basic UI functionality unfortunately doesn't change. This thing is basically an alpha test and it's barely seen any new development in almost a year now, it's just hanging there like a wart on the game's rear end.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks for the replies. Not sure what some of those terms mean but so long as I can punch mans I will be okay.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
If there's any improvements to Archwing at all it'll be rolled into the Golem update or very soon after.

If it gets nothing for Golem it probably never will.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Cathair posted:

Ask around in the clan, you won't be plinking with the Imperator once you get some mods in it.

There's no saving the starter buttwing though, it's limp as hell. Get an Itzal if/when you can.

Archwing plays somewhat differently from your current experience once you're well-equipped, but the lack of content or even basic UI functionality unfortunately doesn't change. This thing is basically an alpha test and it's barely seen any new development in almost a year now, it's just hanging there like a wart on the game's rear end.

I would ask around the clam, but im not in the goon one :^)

I'm more focused on trying to build my chroma right now, theres no reason to do archwing because there isn't any reason to do archwing. no cool drops, no neat fights, just shooting a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The odonata isn't a bad AW, it's just not as good as any of the other three. Make sure you have have the armor and shield mods. Use your 2 skill frequently. Your 1 skill is good if you remember to rotate youraelf towards incoming fore, it's really good for sharkwing sections.
The third skill is cool, bit bad. Way too little damage and you cannot use any of your other powers until its animation finishes. Your 4th skill is fantastic as it can make the enemies bug out and just not do anything for a few seconds.

It doesn't compare to the Itzal or the Elytron, but it's not a bad AW to be stuck with until you farm up the necessary tel. Its prime variant is also fairly cheap