Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

so can anyone explain why the hell every picture has a "FP edit: send me your nudes/a sammich/a pizza" now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

ulvir posted:

so can anyone explain why the hell every picture has a "FP edit: send me your nudes/a sammich/a pizza" now?

They noticed they got a lot of upvotes/comments so they went back and edited their original post with something "wacky"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Aesop Poprock posted:

Seems like the line between "whoops we had sex when we were both drunk and neither of us wanted to/would have sober, that sucks" and "whoops we had unwanted drunk sex guess we're both rapists" is pretty thin. I know I've had blackout sex with people before and we've both obviously thought "wow that was not supposed to happen" the next morning but I didn't know that automatically made both of us sex offenders

Yeah, this is what people are talking about. Jumping to the "you're blaming a rape victim" thing straight away is, uh, pretty hosed up guys.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Hatrocious posted:

"Quit bitching about how that guy "raped" you! You were drunk too! It's not like you died. And hey, at least your insurance covered it."

Okay now repeat this but with the genders reversed.

CommunistPancake posted:

In that case the other driver was also doing something wrong. If someone is drunk, and you initiate sex with them, you and only you are raping someone.

Literally no one is arguing that loving someone too drunk to consent isn't rape. The scenario in question asks whether two people too drunk to consent to sex having sex with each other counts as rape. I'm arguing it doesn't.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
both prties are the rapers

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

THE PENETRATOR posted:

both prties are the rapers

rape that goes both ways is, actually, love. makes you think

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Kit Walker posted:

Okay now repeat this but with the genders reversed.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

quote:

Literally no one is arguing that loving someone too drunk to consent isn't rape. The scenario in question asks whether two people too drunk to consent to sex having sex with each other counts as rape. I'm arguing it doesn't.

Literally no one is arguing that murdering someone while drunk isn't murder. The scenario in question asks whether a drunk murderer killing a drunk person counts as murder. I'm arguing it doesn't.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No one shut this argument down, I want to know the answer so I'll have learned something.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

CommunistPancake posted:

Literally no one is arguing that murdering someone while drunk isn't murder. The scenario in question asks whether a drunk murderer killing a drunk person counts as murder. I'm arguing it doesn't.

Okay so you are in the "both of them are rapists" camp. That's cool. Are they allowed to both press charges against each other and send each other to jail then?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

No one shut this argument down, I want to know the answer so I'll have learned something.

no actually this argument is poo poo

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

CommunistPancake posted:

I know you think you're clever and all, but you should at least try to articulate your points instead of dancing around the issue and wasting time.

Kit Walker posted:

The point they're trying to make is that being drunk does not excuse you from raping someone, which is what the image is saying.

"If two people are drunk and one claims rape, then the accused needs to have been sober at the time or they shouldn't be accountable." In other words: "I was drunk so it wasn't rape." At first glance it seems like "If two people are drunk then the man is a rapist by default because the woman could not consent, and that's wrong.", but then you realize it's talking about being accused of rape, and not about men being the de facto people to blame even if both parties consented.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

http://imgur.com/p6uyPHH,seAvNg1,Ph2v8V3,QX47SuN,a9eihBV,OSzvgWq,Cu8Lmlc

Look at these loving dinguses (dingi?)

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

I was really hoping that link was going to lead to some fresh content.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What if the man is circumcised and the woman stands up to wipe?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CommunistPancake posted:

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

It'd be closer to if two black out drunk people killed each other but it's still completely loving stupid to compare the two situations and you're really bad at this

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Dingodes.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Kit Walker posted:

Okay so you are in the "both of them are rapists" camp. That's cool. Are they allowed to both press charges against each other and send each other to jail then?

Being drunk does not excuse you from consequences for crimes you have committed. If you're drunk and you rape someone, you have still raped someone. If you're drunk and you rape someone who's drunk, you have still raped someone. Just because they're drunk too doesn't mean it magically becomes not rape.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
holy poo poo shut up

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Being at Camp Imgur was probably less horrible than this conversation.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This thread is off to a loving BRILLIANT start!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eight pages is still a start?

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey guys I think women are already equal, if not superior to men in a modern work environment.

Thanks.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

CommunistPancake posted:

Being drunk does not excuse you from consequences for crimes you have committed. If you're drunk and you rape someone, you have still raped someone. If you're drunk and you rape someone who's drunk, you have still raped someone. Just because they're drunk too doesn't mean it magically becomes not rape.

You're willfully ignoring the point being made in an effort to 'win' an argument that occurred in a comedy forum in a thread making fun of another comedy place on the internet.

good job

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this is how imgur comments sections start, good job we all learned something here today people

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rape is only OK if its between consenting adults.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Rape is only OK if its between consenting adults.

There's an episode of SVU that starts kinda like that.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

This one's actually kinda funny.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Violet_Sky posted:

This one's actually kinda funny.

I didn't know that puffins could bend their wings 90 degrees. Weird.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Funny image, what does imgur have to say?

There's also the "Stay class Imgur" crap which is a mixture of stdh and depravity:

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

There must be a version of that image that's not horribly JPEG compressed but I've never seen it around.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Vincent Van Goat posted:

There's also the "Stay class Imgur" crap which is a mixture of stdh and depravity:

Speaking of which:

http://imgur.com/gallery/mHLEb

It's about ethics in Imgur Journalism!

Seriously, some people take this website waaaaay to seriously.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This thread is making me dislike imgur less

Picnic Princess posted:

Speaking of which:

http://imgur.com/gallery/mHLEb

It's about ethics in Imgur Journalism!

Seriously, some people take this website waaaaay to seriously.

Christ, what the hell is this?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Tetracube posted:

This thread is making me dislike imgur less

Christ, what the hell is this?

its the equivalent of a dear richard email but with added social ineptness.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

LMFAO someone posted "it's just a website" and there was a response of "Ashley Madison was just a website." as being able to link to a site selling t-shirts is the same as loving behind your spouses back.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

That's the lamest loving thing I've ever seen. The Roastme reddit is laughable in how weak the burns are.

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013

Here's a sample of one of those incredible burns!

quote:

"I really do pity you. . .or at least I try to. . . . You are just an empty fool who tries to erase his fear that he might not get a football scholarship by bullying those lesser than him. I continue these "geeky" behaviors because they let me form at least a core of my personality. You. . .you have nothing any more other than to try to fill your empty core up with the fear of others while watching that perfect six pack decay from one too many beers."

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Is the person who made this like 12 or something

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hatrocious posted:

This kid... is inhuman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Hatrocious posted:

This is an old-rear end quote from TVTropes :ssh:

• Locked thread