Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hey man. They're versatile pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This is my favorite gif of all time. I imagine his desperate scream every time.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

sweet thursday posted:

I want to get into NCAA. I think I'm going to cheer for Michigan. It looks like getting back to his roots has helped Harbaugh find his soul and I'd like to support that

you should get on the mcelwain train instead so in 3 years you can be all "I told you so"

urban will be making GBS threads all over Michigan for years

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Raku posted:

you should get on the mcelwain train instead so in 3 years you can be all "I told you so"

urban will be making GBS threads all over Michigan for years

When you eat Papa John's after losses, that reaction tends to happen.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

This sums up Michigan's program the last decade.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

This sums up Michigan's program the last decade.

Yes, I have no idea how they got through those two losing seasons.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

R.D. Mangles posted:

Yes, I have no idea how they got through those two losing seasons.

mostly they blamed it all on Brandon making jangling keys too expensive

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

sweet thursday posted:

I want to get into NCAA. I think I'm going to cheer for Michigan. It looks like getting back to his roots has helped Harbaugh find his soul and I'd like to support that

Do you own a sturdy key chain?

e: drat, beaten on the key joke kinda. Seriously though THEY JINGLE KEYS.

whos that broooown fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 28, 2015

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

kittenmittons posted:

Do you own a sturdy key chain?

e: drat, beaten on the key joke kinda. Seriously though THEY JINGLE KEYS.

I fail to see the problem :colbert:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Wanvig posted:

Sash is cool and you guys should be nicer to him.

I like Sash too but one should expect to get crap for their fanbase given it's reaction to probably the worst scandal in college sports history.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Alright folks, lets make this happen:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Glorious.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

VT losing to Ohio State is unacceptable.

Fix it.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

pillsburysoldier posted:

VT losing to Ohio State is unacceptable.

Fix it.

We'll beat Ohio State, then lose to Purdue.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Frinkahedron posted:

We'll beat Ohio State, then lose to Purdue.

Worth it.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
I like how they left out Pitt's logo.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

This time next week, I will either be extremely pissed or just pissed and relieved.

Hurry up, football.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

drunk leprechaun posted:

I like how they left out Pitt's logo.

Pitt: the Mizzou of the ACC

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Maxwells Demon posted:

Pitt doesn't run the Coastal Division though

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Maxwells Demon posted:

what

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I can understand tutor because you are wasting someone else's time and money but $100 if they get a penalty in the game? That's hosed up.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

I'm sure the logic is that it is an entirely preventable penalty and it is a cost on your teammates during the game for your own selfishness.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Fining them money is dumb as hell

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

Pitt doesn't run the Coastal Division though

Mizzou and Pitt always seem to be forgotten in poo poo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

single-mode fiber posted:

I'm sure the logic is that it is an entirely preventable penalty and it is a cost on your teammates during the game for your own selfishness.

Yeah but we see them called for BS reasons all the time. I'm sure the spirit of the rule is stuff like taunting, but who judges what is legit and what isn't? This seems like some stuff that even a NFL team would have to hide if it were doing.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

single-mode fiber posted:

Those penalties could be for literal murder and other legal offenses and it'd still be bullshit.

UCLA broke ground on the football and basketball practice facilities today, and I'm still kind of amazed that it's actually finally happening. Mora didn't want to leave practice early to get to the ceremony on time so he came in a little late and was still in his practice gear (far right):

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Burn it all to the loving ground.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

My first thought was that player fines would quickly be banned by whoever it is that has the authority, some NCAA committee or the Autonomy 5, but now I'm thinking that every other school will be happy to let whoever is dumb enough to try this poo poo go right ahead.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Maxwells Demon posted:

Mizzou and Pitt always seem to be forgotten in poo poo.

Yeah but Mizzou's been sort of relevant recently. They probably didn't deserve it last year but still.

I guess Pitt did screw West Virginia over in that beautiful 2007 season.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

My first thought was that player fines would quickly be banned by whoever it is that has the authority, some NCAA committee or the Autonomy 5, but now I'm thinking that every other school will be happy to let whoever is dumb enough to try this poo poo go right ahead.

I suppose we'll see since Tommy Tuberville and Cincinnati's AD seem amenable to the idea. I've gotta think that their legal department and NCAA compliance people must be screaming at them not to do it, though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

This is just ridiculous.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I refuse to believe that is real. If I was a student there I would just loving walk, its literally indentured servitude which is barely above slavery.

No really, I need some live footage of coaches saying this is real before I believe it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
If I'm a school. I hit recruits with that image. Then tout how we actually pay you to miss class.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Why not just a posted number of lashes for each infraction?

DIRTY DORM: 2 STRIPES
FLAGRANT/UNSPORTSMANLIKE: 4 DEEP STRIPES
BEING STUPID ENOUGH TO PLAY FOR PEOPLE WHO WOULD TREAT YOU LIKE THIS: NO STRIPES, YOUR STUPIDITY AND TOTAL LACK OF SELF-RESPECT ARE PUNISHMENT ENOUGH YOU DUMBASS

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Are those real dollars, or like Bud Foster Fun Bux?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Bud Foster Fun Bux?

Aren't those just George Dickel labels?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Scarf posted:

They were intended to be deducted from the player's cost of attendance stipend.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

swickles posted:

I refuse to believe that is real. If I was a student there I would just loving walk, its literally indentured servitude which is barely above slavery.

No really, I need some live footage of coaches saying this is real before I believe it.

Chart was real, no money was ever taken though.

Scarf posted:

Why do people think because Bud Foster talked about it that it was his idea?

I'm thoroughly amused by the lack of balls by essentially everyone everywhere to point the blame where it belongs: Frank Beamer. Kindly, old Frank Beamer. But because Foster talked about it maybe he was hiding it from the old man in a secret room like from cartoons about Prohibition where you flip a switch and the bartender rotates down into the floor. Or it could be nobody likes to say anything bad about Beamer for some dumb reason.

That thing was real and Frank Beamer is the architect. Focus your anger in the right place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crotch Bat posted:

Chart was real, no money was ever taken though.

Deadspin claims a few fines were issued before the story blew up, hopefully they were reimbursed.

Cincinnati taking the idea and running with it makes me have no sympathy for this though:

• Locked thread