Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I enjoy 3 second GCD :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
all mmo are bad

some mmo more than other

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

sword_man.gif posted:

all mmo are bad

some mmo more than other

If you look closely at it you will find that my MMO is different from all the other and in fact actually quite good because mine :words:

and furthermore :goonsay:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BadLlama posted:

I enjoy 3 second GCD :smug:

It lets you get two off gcd actions per gcd which in the end is worse than a loving 2s gcd with only one ogcd allowed per.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

GW2's endgame is only bad if you want an MMO to be like...your main venue for video games. Otherwise it's one of the chillest MMOs out there: no real gear grind, they're not even increasing level cap or introducing a new tier of items in the expansion, and competitive PvP requires literally nothing of you. And there's no sub so there's really no pressure to log in except maybe for daily log-in rewards which, ultimately, are just part of playing the dress-up game.

Not to say GW2 is perfect, as I understand why people would dislike poo poo such as renown hearts and the leveling scaling.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Rorus Raz posted:

GW2's endgame is only bad if you want an MMO to be like...your main venue for video games. Otherwise it's one of the chillest MMOs out there: no real gear grind, they're not even increasing level cap or introducing a new tier of items in the expansion, and competitive PvP requires literally nothing of you. And there's no sub so there's really no pressure to log in except maybe for daily log-in rewards which, ultimately, are just part of playing the dress-up game.

Not to say GW2 is perfect, as I understand why people would dislike poo poo such as renown hearts and the leveling scaling.

so there's nothing. gw2 is a black hole, good at nothing but suck. much like all mmos

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Velthice posted:

so there's nothing. gw2 is a black hole, good at nothing but suck. much like all mmos
That you consider the actual gameplay "nothing" kinda says it all about MMOs and its players.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
instead of defending a genre of bad games, you could have started playing a good one like smb3. that's p hosed up

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
no one cares why the mmo you play is good, only why it's bad. all mmos are bad. this is the wildstar thread. now eat each other

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
MMOs are terrible. One day you will all come to realize this. And when you do. Good Games will be waiting.

Until then, maybe try baby steps to get yourself off the MMOs, like Progress Quest. You can have that running all day while you do things, or play Good Games.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Guild Wars 2 is cool because you never get new armor sets

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Gildiss posted:

MMOs are terrible. One day you will all come to realize this. And when you do. Good Games will be waiting.

Until then, maybe try baby steps to get yourself off the MMOs, like Progress Quest. You can have that running all day while you do things, or play Good Games.

This is why GW2 is the best MMO. You can play it and stop easily with no hesitation to play other games that are also awesome.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Guild Wars 2 is cool because you can just do whatever for an hour and accomplish nothing because there is nothing to accomplish, just do stuff for an hour or two real chill-like and wonder where your youth went.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

GW2 is the nicotine patch of MMOs

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Rexicon1 posted:

GW2 is the nicotine patch of MMOs

I would compare it to jerking off which is what all its defenders seem to be doing constantly.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

We'll start by putting you on GW2, and after three months of weaning, we'll get you down to Diablo 3. After that you should be able to kick the habit completely.

You're gonna get through this thing.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Rexicon1 posted:

Guild Wars 2 is cool because you can just do whatever for an hour and accomplish nothing because there is nothing to accomplish, just do stuff for an hour or two real chill-like and wonder where your youth went.

Oh god my numbers...MY NUMBERS...they are not going up. WTF is this game where my dyes and skins mean something important!?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Rexicon1 posted:

Agreed I like my games structured like a Russian gulag where if you get off the path of productiveness giant mutant bear hounds will bite off your junk

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lmao i've never seen a game defended with how much it doesn't have. but seriously gw2 is the best mmo because it can summon knights of the round

hehe that's a little video game joke for the folks at home

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Everyone who plays mmos seriously should just play dragons dogma.

Once you beat dragons dogma you should play dragons dogma again with a different character.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Velthice posted:

lmao i've never seen a game defended with how much it doesn't have. but seriously gw2 is the best mmo because it can summon knights of the round

That is because GW2 doesn't have a lot of the awful crap that makes MMOs awful.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Velthice posted:

If you find the gameplay boring and PvE content lacking then that's cool because I can see the game getting boring since there's not much to the instanced PvE stuff after a point. And if you don't like filling in dots on a map then yeah that could be boring for some people.

You are defending the need for gear and level grinds that compel people to keep logging in. That is the only thing I'm complimenting GW2 on: not having that tedious crap.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i'm not defending anything you silly goose. i just plainly stated the fact that gw2 along with all mmos is a bad game. then a bunch of people jumped up to tell me how awesome it is because of all the nothing it apparently has, so i lol'd and told a ff7 joke

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wildstar bad

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it not good

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Xavier434 posted:

That is because GW2 doesn't have a lot of the awful crap that makes MMOs awful.

yea like progression or a clear goal or challenge. "bwhehe bro you can just like do whatever man and you get like a hat bro" [vapes furiously]

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

People compare most MMOs as russian gulags where you crunch away your life and that GW2 doesn't have that in it

No, instead GW2 is like being trapped in a box for a day or two and then farting in it

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Double Monocle posted:

Everyone who plays mmos seriously should just play dragons dogma.

Once you beat dragons dogma you should play dragons dogma again with a different character.

And now there's a Dragon's Dogma Online just incase you want even more. :ironicat:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Rexicon1 posted:

yea like progression or a clear goal or challenge. "bwhehe bro you can just like do whatever man and you get like a hat bro" [vapes furiously]

I don't know what you are talking about. I have been playing the game since beta and I have always felt that I have had a clear sense of progression. It's just not the same style of progression as the vast majority of MMOs out there provide which usually amounts to some sort of gear grind and stat progression. A progression system where the focal point of the goal is just to look awesome is a lot more fun.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Xavier434 posted:

I have been playing the game since beta

clearly the best person to give the definitive objective review on gw2's quality. i'll light a candle for you

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
The wildstar threads were originally funny because you could see maladjusted nerds furiously defend their bad game.

Now that wildstar is basically dead, we have to generate that kind of content on our own.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If anything the crop of hybrid action MMOs thats been coming out in the last few years have confirmed that I would much rather have a solid tab targetting mmo than a half baked "action" one. And just about all of them have been half baked.

Good thing B&S had had time to mature before coming out here, its combat wrecks all of thems.

Yes, B&S combat looks so much better than any other MMO.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Velthice posted:

i'm not defending anything you silly goose. i just plainly stated the fact that gw2 along with all mmos is a bad game. then a bunch of people jumped up to tell me how awesome it is because of all the nothing it apparently has, so i lol'd and told a ff7 joke
Because the "nothing" was the stupid grinding. You really cannot get it through your head what people are talking because you're really enamored with the whole "lol MMOs are bad" meme. Yes, we get that GW2 and MMOs are bad.

In actual Wildstar news, they updated the f2p beta with the Halloween event :spooky:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Deki posted:

The wildstar threads were originally funny because you could see maladjusted nerds furiously defend their bad game.

Now that wildstar is basically dead, we have to generate that kind of content on our own.
Luckily all MMO plaers are inherently broken human beings so this is a fairly simple process.

Rorus Raz posted:

In actual Wildstar news, they updated the f2p beta with the Halloween event :spooky:
The real question will be if they cancel Christmas again this year. :v:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Asimo posted:

Luckily all MMO plaers are inherently broken human beings so this is a fairly simple process.
Now listen here, that simply isn't

No wait, I've bought like four MMOs and still paid for Wildstar :smith:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Rexicon1 posted:

Final Fantasy Four-teen is the best MMO out right now and if you think it is a bad game you are an outrageous cretin and I pray your life span diminishes from some terrible event.

This but unironically.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

Weird that WoW never really cribbed public quests, aka "the only enduring legacy of Warhammer Online."

I have no idea how public quests actually work(ed) in that but I think WoW has had something similar since Mists of Pandaria.

Rexicon1 posted:

Final Fantasy Four-teen is the best MMO out right now and if you think it is a bad game you are an outrageous cretin and I pray your life span diminishes from some terrible event.

FF14 is pretty much completely awful and boring like 99% of other MMOs and unlike WoW does not have the benefit of having a bunch of my friends that play it. As far as I know, it is also not something I can play for free.

Flesh Forge posted:

Still not getting why this is OK either, other than just because it's traditionally mandatory.

If I understand you correctly, gating it behind levels means that you can just level to it and do it and not need to do every previous dungeon in the game.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 28, 2015

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Rorus Raz posted:

Because the "nothing" was the stupid grinding. You really cannot get it through your head what people are talking because you're really enamored with the whole "lol MMOs are bad" meme. Yes, we get that GW2 and MMOs are bad.

lmao

Anatharon posted:

FF14 is pretty much completely awful and boring like 99% of other MMOs

i bet the 1% is also awful and boring

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
stop arguing about guild wars 2 you boring idiots

mr. stefan posted:

For all of xiv's faults it gets credit on the questing front for the Dark Knight job quest chain, which is a loving awesome teardown of everything retarded in the MMO genre

tell me more

Morglon posted:

I would compare it to jerking off which is what all its defenders seem to be doing constantly.

lol if you think that you're any better

Xavier434 posted:

shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

RottenK posted:

tell me more

the guy who teaches you how to be a dark knight is tyler durden

second part you beat the poo poo out of a bunch of moogles

goty

• Locked thread