Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Lucas Silva from Real Madrid to Marseille on a loan. Zzzzz he was bad

Hegay fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Arsene's last minute lucky dip: sometimes you get Ozil, sometimes you get Silvestre.

A lucky dip generally contains a pleasant surprise too though

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Blue Star Error posted:

Why are Birmingham so dumb with their release clauses? We got Redmond for £3m and now Gray going for about 5m, the fans should be going mental at the owners.
sometimes release clauses are the only way that poo poo tier clubs like the bluenoses get players to sign new deals

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i really hope good old boys txiki and khaldoon are standing outside platini's office, banging on the window, holding up pictures of de bruyne and sterling and laughing, sellotaping fifty pound notes to the glass whilst platini sadly crosses out FFP on his desk

I would unironically become a City fan if they did that and posted the video.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

quote:

“I’ve always said Roberto will go to one of the top clubs in Europe and when that time comes he will leave Wigan with my blessing.He’s just a brilliant manager and he will get one of the top jobs in Europe. I don’t want to lose Roberto but it is inevitable he will climb the ladder,” said Whelan magnanimously.

Looks like noted racist Dave Whelan is a bigger person than Martinez.

Also I'm pretty sure that John Stones can buyout his contract for like £4m in the summer of 2017. Makes me wonder why more players don't threaten to do that as just the threat would probably force Everton to sell this summer or next.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Also I'm pretty sure that John Stones can buyout his contract for like £4m in the summer of 2017. Makes me wonder why more players don't threaten to do that as just the threat would probably force Everton to sell this summer or next.

I suspect that many players don't have millions saved up in their account yet and getting someone else (like another club) to front the money would invite too much scrutiny or is otherwise not permitted.

Also, didn't someone here mention that clubs so far have an unofficial understanding that they don't want to encourage players to go this route?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Pretty sure you need to be above a certain age to do that one weird trick

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Blue Star Error posted:

Pretty sure you need to be above a certain age to do that one weird trick

If only someone had told Adam Johnson

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Brony Car posted:

I suspect that many players don't have millions saved up in their account yet and getting someone else (like another club) to front the money would invite too much scrutiny or is otherwise not permitted.

Also, didn't someone here mention that clubs so far have an unofficial understanding that they don't want to encourage players to go this route?

Looking at the rules a bit more, it's clear why you don't see more players buying out their contracts.

quote:

FIFA Article 17.5: Any person subject to the FIFA Statutes and regulations (club officials, players’ agents, players, etc.) who acts in a manner designed to induce a breach of contract between a professional and a club in order to facilitate the transfer of the player shall be sanctioned

quote:

FIFA Article 17.4: . It shall be presumed, unless established to the contrary, that any club signing a professional who has terminated his contract without just cause has induced that professional to commit a breach

I think some clubs, agents and players probably disregard those rules. Just like clubs today will talk to a player's agent prior to talking to the player's club without worrying much about tapping up sanctions. But it's clearly still a grey area.

Imho the two rules I quoted are rather dumb and anti-player. A player should be able to use the threat of buying out their contract to get a new deal or a transfer or they shouldn't be able to buyout their contract in the first place. It would be like if FIFA said that you can move on a Bosman after your contract is up, but you can't threaten to move on a free transfer next summer to try to get a transfer today.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Imho the two rules I quoted are rather dumb and anti-player. A player should be able to use the threat of buying out their contract to get a new deal or a transfer or they shouldn't be able to buyout their contract in the first place. It would be like if FIFA said that you can move on a Bosman after your contract is up, but you can't threaten to move on a free transfer next summer to try to get a transfer today.

The cool new thing to do is force a club to keep you after your contract has expired

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Blue Star Error posted:

If only someone had told Adam Johnson

lol

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Neymar has snubbed working under van gaal at united and has instead decided to play for Limerick

It's definitely true

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Neymar has snubbed working under van gaal at united and has instead decided to play for Limerick

It's definitely true

Barry Cotter? Lmao

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

He must've turned down Liverpool because there's no way the Barry Hunter wouldn't have known about a Barry who looks like Neymar.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Holy poo poo someone actually bought Pogrebnyak off us

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/pavel-pogrebnyak-joins-dynamo-moscow-2651641.aspx

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

quiet enjoyment posted:

Barry Cotter? Lmao

Glad the barry hunter is still finding work

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

And that someone is Vlad Putin

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

lol his message to us was signed BFR - big loving Russian

https://twitter.com/FCDM_official/status/636931325631533056

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Someone bought noted poo poo player and racist Tonev off us for some loving reason

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

lol his message to us was signed BFR - big loving Russian

https://twitter.com/FCDM_official/status/636931325631533056

Owns. BFR you were a cheap fantasy buy 3 years ago and then you died, RIP

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Frankston posted:

Someone bought noted poo poo player and racist Tonev off us for some loving reason

its an italian club so its because of the racism

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Ian Harte announced his retirement today

solid Fallon d'floor candidate right there

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Ian Harte was insanely sick

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Mamadou Sakho is going to sign a new contract.

Lucas is not going to Turkey.

Stones is not going anywhere.

Joey Barton going to Burnley is a real thing.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

lol

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Paddyb posted:

Mamadou Sakho is going to sign a new contract.

Lucas is not going to Turkey.

Stones is not going anywhere.

Joey Barton going to Burnley is a real thing.

The first two things make me real happy op.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Wow, hadn't heard that name in years.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
west ham: zero strikers, sending the captain away, this is our year

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Weird Uncle posted:

west ham: zero strikers, sending the captain away, this is our year

Does this mean Big Andy is going to go off the rails again? Not that it really matters since he doesn't play anyway...

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

Does this mean Big Andy is going to go off the rails again? Not that it really matters since he doesn't play anyway...

How can a man so tall and greasy be so fragile?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brony Car posted:

How can a man so tall and greasy be so fragile?

That's the £35,012,000 question.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Looks like Markovic is going to Gala on loan.

It's a big call that as we're going to be playing a lot of games this season but the guy obviously needs to play more so I think it's probably the right call.

Hopefully he gains some much needed confidence. Seemed like the main thing holding him back.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

How is bingo going to help?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
lol

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Some top hashtag usage from Spurs for their new signing

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/637187983255408640

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
That's halved the size of Swansea's Korean fan club. Cancel the stadium expansion.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Let us just hope that he is a fortunate Son.

While not a striker, hopefully he can help with the scoring of goals.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sunderland have signed ola toivonen on loan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Bony just posted a picture of himself on crutches on instagram, so watch this space for City to blow a ton of money on a striker

• Locked thread