Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

CashEnsign posted:

The fun is getting out of secure space, joining an alliance, and being a grunt for some Fleet Commander who will yell like a drill instructor if you do something wrong.

top lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

One of the big issues is that the streaming service uses YouTube's ContentID system. Which in general can be fine as there's some rational purpose behind them, however with the streaming service if you play say Grand Theft Auto V you can't use the in-game radio whatsoever as you'll be hit with the ContentID while you're streaming and only given a few minutes to correct your stream so it doesn't contain that content which the system picked up. Fail to do this three times and you are banned from streaming for 6 months.

Now, you may be thinking "well just turn off the radio, duh" but there are other cases of the ContentID system for YouTube's service hitting you in other ways. For example, the songs you play in Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time are in the ContentID database, meaning if you use that core game mechanic with that game on your YouTube livestream you get hit with ContentID. This also happens with in-game original soundtracks for stuff like Capcom etc. Comparatively on Twitch, you can stream with any music you want really but if the music matches copyrighted music in Twitch's form of ContentID your stream stays fine but the stream VOD is muted.

That's just one example, there are other issues involved with the service as well such as it being completely inaccessible from certain countries.

The stream delay is also longer than Twitch's service, which people make a big deal about but personally I don't really find it to be a huge issue.

Edit - Also forced Google+ integration for the time being while YouTube/Google work on phasing it out like they said they would earlier in the year.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 28, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

One of the big issues is that the streaming service uses YouTube's ContentID system. Which in general can be fine as there's some rational purpose behind them, however with the streaming service if you play say Grand Theft Auto V you can't use the in-game radio whatsoever as you'll be hit with the ContentID while you're streaming and only given a few minutes to correct your stream so it doesn't contain that content which the system picked up. Fail to do this three times and you are banned from streaming for 6 months.

Now, you may be thinking "well just turn off the radio, duh" but there are other cases of the ContentID system for YouTube's service hitting you in other ways. For example, the songs you play in Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time are in the ContentID database, meaning if you use that core game mechanic with that game on your YouTube livestream you get hit with ContentID. This also happens with in-game original soundtracks for stuff like Capcom etc. Comparatively on Twitch, you can stream with any music you want really but if the music matches copyrighted music in Twitch's form of ContentID your stream stays fine but the stream VOD is muted.

oh laffo, I didn't think they were that retarded

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

oh laffo, I didn't think they were that retarded

You basically get punished for streaming a game with music like Brutal Legend, Rockband, etc.

It's pretty comical.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Youtube is loving gay. cant they just put up a message that says I do not own this content like on 99% of songs on youtube already.

Pookum fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 28, 2015

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Pookum posted:

Youtube is loving gay. cant they just put up a message that says I do not own this content like on 99% of songs on youtube already.

They wouldn't if you owned the content. Get less poor.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I could probably buy the rights to King Tut as performed by Steven Martin for my stream.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Speaking of streaming, whatever happened to that guy that was a bigtime Starcraft player and decided to play EVE and started streaming? He still around?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I think he quit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKZRK5zrAcE

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Pookum posted:

I could probably buy the rights to King Tut as performed by Steven Martin for my stream.

Born in Arizona, moved to Babylon-a. Born in Arizona, got a condo made of stone-a.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I'm an idiot.

with a rad paintjob

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

CashEnsign posted:

It had promise with the walking in station. But alas the problem with EVE is the player base to many vocal toxic veteran users opposing change. For those people they don't want EVE to change they don't want to innovate, improve or enhance. Perpetually living in the same bubble since 2003, and in some instances the same hardware.
For me it was fun whilst it lasted but even back in 2010 it felt populated but the same time empty. Maybe it was just me being unable to connect emotionally to a little green pod that was supposedly my character.
Star Citizen is everything i wanted in Eve.

The only reason Eve has three dimensional avatars of peoples pilots that can walk around is so that they could develop characters from the Eve budget and then use them in world of darkness.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

who is delta echo in eve and will I get kicked for awoxing him if he is blue to me

OpticalRape
Nov 26, 2010
https://zkillboard.com/kill/48729387/

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

who is delta echo in eve and will I get kicked for awoxing him if he is blue to me

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
http://eveboard.com/compare/Rain6635,Rain6636,Rain6637,Rain6638,Rain6639
http://eveboard.com/compare/Kitt_Letor,mhairi,the_kinetic,row,arilyn_moonblade

You should coordinate and come at me all at once.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I'm an idiot.

with a rad paintjob

more like you're going to get so much pussy in that thing

unfortunately eve is like 95% male so you could probably loan it to deadtear and make him happy

Jump freighter alt spotted, I'm not blue yet.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Cool story bromeo

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

That fit deserved to die.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Who the gently caress rats in a Vindicator these days anyway?

Golly gawrsh I sure would love to spend carrier money on a far more vulnerable and less efficient subcap. :derp:

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Unfunny Poster posted:

You basically get punished for streaming a game with music like Brutal Legend, Rockband, etc.

It's pretty comical.

Man... the tech behind that idiocy... is incredible. It's like arming a big dumb Gorilla with a ray gun.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I was superhyperdunking, then someone reported me to CCP and got a gm to delete all my shuttles. He killed them one at a time with his god powers.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

A smartbombing battleship probably would have been faster.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

darth cookie posted:

A smartbombing battleship probably would have been faster.

concord would love to hear that

and no, sb cannot activate within 7500m of a gate

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

I can see it now, I'm going to have to wait two weeks to get my warning appealed and also get a clarification on how many shuttles I'm allowed to eject before it's a problem.

And their response will probably be "Our view on this blabla hasn't changed, and is still consistent with what we have done in the past," and "It is outlined in the TOS/EULA which we recommend you read."

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

darth cookie posted:

SMA and Fcon guys

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

darth cookie posted:

Golly gawrsh I sure would love to spend carrier money on a far more vulnerable and less efficient subcap. :derp:

Doesn't the incursion sig use Vindi's?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I can see it now, I'm going to have to wait two weeks to get my warning appealed and also get a clarification on how many shuttles I'm allowed to eject before it's a problem.

And their response will probably be "Our view on this blabla hasn't changed, and is still consistent with what we have done in the past," and "It is outlined in the TOS/EULA which we recommend you read."

Though to be fair. Spreading clutter around gates have always been against the rules. You (probably) didn't do it to cause lag but still.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

darth cookie posted:

Because Vindicator

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

I was superhyperdunking, then someone reported me to CCP and got a gm to delete all my shuttles. He killed them one at a time with his god powers.

Superhyperdunking is still a silly name. I preferred Truffledunking more. (or just Truffling)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

By my understanding, dumping fucktons of shuttles has always been a no-poo poo, clear-cut rule violation, I don't understand how this is "good for now" or needs to be clarified pending some investigation.
I mean, I'm all for making GBS threads on pubbies players, but I just don't get how there's even a grey area here.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I'm an idiot.

with a rad paintjob

get on my level son

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

Bruh you think I haven't already added him to my blue on blue whoops overview bug list already?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Duzzy Funlop posted:

By my understanding, dumping fucktons of shuttles has always been a no-poo poo, clear-cut rule violation, I don't understand how this is "good for now" or needs to be clarified pending some investigation.
I mean, I'm all for making GBS threads on pubbies players, but I just don't get how there's even a grey area here.

shuttlebombing is a lag thing and he's obviously used it to buy himself more time in shooting poo poo

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

shuttlebombing is a lag thing and he's obviously used it to buy himself more time in shooting poo poo

I got reported back in the day for abandoning drones on gates to fight against cloaks

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's like when people covered gates in cans to decloak and lag people. GMs cracked down on that as well.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Zephyrine posted:

Because Vindicator

A fine example of what this game could be, were it owned by Valve.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Didn't CCP say that this sort of thing was fine? Why is the GM intervening/preventing you from doing that sort of gameplay?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

How many shuttles is that? A few hundred?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Didn't CCP say that this sort of thing was fine? Why is the GM intervening/preventing you from doing that sort of gameplay?

Because people complain about it an CCP have to react I think.

• Locked thread