Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

*muffled stones.midi playing in the background*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Canyon.mid always plays in my heart.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

KidVanguard posted:

you'd have a license to print money if you made siracha flavored tequila. give fireball a run for its money with the hipsters and pussies who can't drink straight liquor.

someone give me 10% i'm just the ideas guy

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
i've tried that beer and it's terrible. it's like a sick tasting beer that makes your lips burn

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

mod sassinator posted:

i've tried that beer and it's terrible. it's like a sick tasting beer that makes your lips burn

only time I buy rogue is when I'm making chili. chipotle ale is really good for that. otherwise it's all garbage

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
dont support rogue.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Sniep posted:

dont support rogue.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
:getin:

9 years of progress

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

9 years of progress

these particular screenshots don't really show jus how much of the gears of war style they removed.

completely remaking a 9 year old game is stupid anyway. just up the resolution and throw in whatever high res textures you had lying around from development.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

PleasureKevin posted:

just up the resolution and throw in whatever high res textures you had lying around from development.
done

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

PleasureKevin posted:

the candyfication of food is wrong and millennials didn't do it but were poisoned by it

for real

and it's cool how if you stop eating over-processed garbage for a while your taste buds figuratively change and "boring" foods taste richer

then you gently caress it up and eat garbage and gotta call in sick cuz ur dying

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

9 years of progress

can we also mentioend it runs at 30fps still. with drops. lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
nice contardia itt

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
i guess the gears of war remake's being made by some foreign irrelevant microsoft-internal studio as their first solo game. their previous work was subcontracting for microsoft flight, an unknown canceled kinect game, and a stillborn halo rival that never left pre-production

sounds promising

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

goddamit I keep doing this

"well I'll just hit C to jump down to :canada:"...

well we'll just take your input here put into this field that was obscured by the list you were just viewing and was in no way selected, oh did you want to stay where you were well then

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

that's water

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nice pour idiot

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
9 years + billions upon billions of dollars, and that's the best microsoft can come up with

lmao please microsoft just pull an ibm already

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Space-Pope posted:

seriously

junk everything but the enterprise stuff, shed half your headcount, exit the consumer market, and youll be solid gold for the next 25 years

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Remember Windows 10 removed DVD support? Well, you can buy it back, for a price
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/lettore-dvd-di-windows/9nblggh2j19w

And a MS shill in the comments:

quote:

The app functions quickly and well, and features a nice, functional and minimal UI. Btw, I'm annoyed by all the complainers out there. You just received Windows 10 for FREE and have a problem with a $15 DVD functionality enhancement? Please. You can't have everything for free, nor should you.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

seriously

junk everything but the enterprise stuff, shed half your headcount, exit the consumer market, and youll be solid gold for the next 25 years

the hell os u sposed to use for games and warez then?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

presumably the same OS cheap bastards that have no lives and want to play games do: Windows 7

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

steamos

duh

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
also how is your mom doing smythe?

is she handling this miserable heat ok?

please tell me you checked in on her recently smythe

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Space-Pope posted:

didn't you hear nadella? microsoft core competency is everything they're doing right now from cloud services to video games and sports bands and maybe a few others like funny age-guessing websites. they can't abandon their core competency

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

theultimo posted:

actually, it was windows 8 that removed it, but no one noticed lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

what kind of maniac still watches dvds on a computers

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

theultimo posted:

fuckin $15 goddamn lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

also how is your mom doing smythe?

is she handling this miserable heat ok?

please tell me you checked in on her recently smythe

The house has a nice crossbreeze. Dad is from the desert so he takes out the swamp cooler when it gets untenable. We all went to the bowl the other day. Beforei was born, they had a box with the neighbors. That must been cool.been thinking about going in on a box with my neighbors. Couple ? Hundred bucks a head for a little timeshare box? Good deal

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Opened a sold out show today hooray

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

The house has a nice crossbreeze. Dad is from the desert so he takes out the swamp cooler when it gets untenable. We all went to the bowl the other day. Beforei was born, they had a box with the neighbors. That must been cool.been thinking about going in on a box with my neighbors. Couple ? Hundred bucks a head for a little timeshare box? Good deal
swamp coolers own but you gotta change the water regularly smythe. legionaries disease is no joke

a box at the bowl would be p sweet but you might want to put that money into your 401k or pay down debt

Smythe posted:

grats smythe

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

duTrieux. posted:

what kind of maniac still watches dvds

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

theultimo posted:

or just download a decent player like mpc-hc that supports dvd playback straight-away.
you should do that anyways since the default windows media player is just garbage in general.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
wmp is good

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

graph posted:

nice pour idiot

agreed, rogue beer should be poured into the trash

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

:)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

reminder that for years in windows upon clicking a media file instead of playing your media, this is horrific thing would show up:

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

carry on then posted:

agreed, rogue beer should be poured into the trash

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
what kind of monster plays physical media on their computer
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Then again, who has an optical drive available? The only one I have I an external and it's only used like 2 times a year

• Locked thread