Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

corn in the bible posted:

Please explain in detail your preferred jacking off position

Well, first I put on this video and then...

(Considering that this is the internet, I'm not actually sure that this is stdh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Vulpes posted:

Are you sure it was a pigeon and not a grey balloon?

edit: how much do you weigh?

I'm 5'11" and 160 lbs. I was probably about that then too.

Do you live in a terrorscape populated by sentient rock pigeons? Has all avian life on your planet been replaced by super-dense simulacra? Why do you think it would take a lot of weight or pressure to crush an animal with hollow bones whose only defense is that it is small and light enough to fly? Have you ever actually touched another living thing, or is everything to you an endless chain of internet images whose pixels you inspect one by one to see if it is full of lies?

Why is this mundane story such a conspiracy theory? It neither improves my standing nor brings me profit. The only pseudo-proof I could find in a bemused 5 minutes of searching was a tweet I made I 2011 that said "almost stepped on another pigeon" because of course I told me friends, it's insane.

But what if the Great Pigeon Hoax is a long con I've been working on for half a decade? What if I was caught days before I released my limited-edition PEGON SMUSH stomping boots that weigh 400 goddamn pounds because everyone knows that pigeons are really just neutron stars with feathers on?

I understand that skepticism is a healthy thing, especially on the largely anonymous and unsourced internet, but you all are bonkers.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

System Metternich posted:

Well, first I put on this video and then...

(Considering that this is the internet, I'm not actually sure that this is stdh)

Don't doxx me foo

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

The Aphasian posted:

Do you live in a terrorscape populated by sentient rock pigeons? Has all avian life on your planet been replaced by super-dense simulacra? Why do you think it would take a lot of weight or pressure to crush an animal with hollow bones whose only defense is that it is small and light enough to fly? Have you ever actually touched another living thing, or is everything to you an endless chain of internet images whose pixels you inspect one by one to see if it is full of lies?

Why is this mundane story such a conspiracy theory? It neither improves my standing nor brings me profit. The only pseudo-proof I could find in a bemused 5 minutes of searching was a tweet I made I 2011 that said "almost stepped on another pigeon" because of course I told me friends, it's insane.

But what if the Great Pigeon Hoax is a long con I've been working on for half a decade? What if I was caught days before I released my limited-edition PEGON SMUSH stomping boots that weigh 400 goddamn pounds because everyone knows that pigeons are really just neutron stars with feathers on?

I understand that skepticism is a healthy thing, especially on the largely anonymous and unsourced internet, but you all are bonkers.

This is like watching an imgur post get called out and the op editing it fifteen times.

edit: it did happen.

Edit2: no really it did

edit3: I dont care if you believe me it happened.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Is his friend a four year old?

edit: Oh. Apparently he was. Hmm, this is awkward.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Aphasian posted:

Whether any of this pigeon stomping poo poo actually happened, this has to be one of the most :goonsay: things on this forum ever

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kazil posted:

Whether any of this pigeon stomping poo poo actually happened, this has to be one of the most :goonsay: things on this forum ever

Hey, the man lusts for pigeon death :shrug:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

Is his friend a four year old?

edit: Oh. Apparently he was. Hmm, this is awkward.

In my college level human bio class we were discussing how meat is muscle (specifically the difference between fast and slow twitch muscle fibers and light and dark meat) and a lady in her late 30s said "I actually didnt know that meat was muscle. I'm kind of grossed out right now." :shrug: some people legit dont know things.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
Just saying, most people have the ability to stop stepping and pull their foot back up if you feel you're about to accidentally crush an entire animals. And again, pigeons are big, it's like accidentally stepping on a rabbit

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Xen Tricks posted:

Just saying, most people have the ability to stop stepping and pull their foot back up if you feel you're about to accidentally crush an entire animals. And again, pigeons are big, it's like accidentally stepping on a rabbit

dont worry it didnt really happen

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
A guy in my college kicked a squirrel through the air because it ran across the path before him and landed on his foot as he was lifting it to take the next step. He did not see it approach because he was carrying a large box

Aphasian, it's going to be okay

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Like all proper Irish children I was sent to a Catholic school. One day in 6th class (the last year of primary school) the Ard Mháistir sent all the girls out to another class with one of the senior female teachers. All the lads and him watched some tapes about sex and he told us there'd be no questions, the girls learned about tampons and rockets or something. No homework that day, it was great.

content:

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
^^^ Grr beaten

Wizard of Smart posted:

In my college level human bio class we were discussing how meat is muscle (specifically the difference between fast and slow twitch muscle fibers and light and dark meat) and a lady in her late 30s said "I actually didnt know that meat was muscle. I'm kind of grossed out right now." :shrug: some people legit dont know things.

Not knowing that meat from animals is muscle is a whole other level than not realizing meat comes from animals in the first place.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

One time I was babysitting a 9 month old and I went into the kitchen and came out and wasn't watching what I was doing and i stepped on the baby but by the time I realized I was stepping on the baby it was already too late.

I'm sorry baby :(

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

oldpainless posted:

One time I was babysitting a 9 month old and I went into the kitchen and came out and wasn't watching what I was doing and i stepped on the baby but by the time I realized I was stepping on the baby it was already too late.

I'm sorry baby :(

Did it pop like a rancid pumpkin or crunch like a bag of peanuts?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

First one then the other

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

It puts pressure on some weird nerve or tube in your perineum, and then you get that feeling that you need to pee but you already did, but you still need to pee, oh god what is wrong with my body

Holy poo poo.

Paste
Aug 26, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

It puts pressure on some weird nerve or tube in your perineum, and then you get that feeling that you need to pee but you already did, but you still need to pee, oh god what is wrong with my body

hosed up if true....

y'know, i suppose if people stopped buying the housemade ketchup, then they'd have to stop making it. Really makes you think...

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
And you thought Whovians were bad...

quote:

An Off-The-Wall Purchase
BOOKSTORE | CA, USA | BOOKS & READING, MUSICAL MAYHEM
(I am a musician and an avid fan of rock and folk music, so I’m a little bit of a walking encyclopedia. One customer comes up with a Led Zeppelin book for thirty-five dollars, and we make small talk as I ring him up.)

Me: “So what’s your favorite Zeppelin album?”

Customer: “Oh, it’s my friend who’s the fan, not me. I just wanted to get him a gift.”

Me: “That’s awfully nice of you.”

Customer: “Yeah, he went to The Wall concert and loved it. I heard it was fantastic.”

(A light bulb goes off in my head.)

Me: “Wait…The Wall?”

Customer: “Erm… yes.”

Me: “That’s not Led Zeppelin, sir. That album’s actually Pink Floyd.”

Customer: “Oh… OH. Oh, dear! I got the wrong book!”

Me: *laughing* “No worries, sir! You just happen to be talking to a big fan of Floyd. Here, let me show you a better book.”

(I not only find the customer a book about ‘Pink Floyd’ for the same price as the ‘Led Zeppelin’ book, but I also convince him to get the newest ‘Rolling Stones’ collectible magazine specifically about the band. After I process the return and ring him up…)

Customer: “Good thing you happened to be working, my dear! Imagine me walking out with a book for my friend about the wrong band!”

Me: “It’s my pleasure as both a bookseller and a Floydian. Shine on, and have a good day!”

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
God drat it, I actually really like Pink Floyd and am enraged by that stupid story. I refuse to believe Floydian is in common usage.

And how would someone manage to listen to someone yammer on all the time about how great a specific concert was and never catch the name of the band anyway?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah it totally takes "a musician, avid fan and walking encyclopedia" to spot that The Wall is by Pink Floyd, and not just a regular bookstore employee.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
And of course god forbid someone be a fan of more than one band at a time: just imagine the chaos that would ensure if someone liked both Pink floyd and The Who! Nevermind the possibility that the friend could have misremembered the conversation and in fact the fan had gone to a Grateful Dead concert.

What a stupid pointless thing to make up.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Also the last time there was a The Wall concert in America it was in 2012, where it was performed by Roger Walters. Unless you go back to 1980 when it was last performed by the actual band. That Rolling Stone edition does exist, but that came out in 2013 so yeah it's a ludicrous story.

Floydian is an actual term that goes back a fair bit, but it isn't not akin to "whovian" it's simply a term that's been used to describe music that's like Pink Floyd. Even a casual google of "I'm a floydian" doesn't bring up anything, no one really uses that term to describe themselves as a fan - or if they do it appears to be a recent adaption of the term.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What is it about Dr Who fans that make them write these smug "I'm in the club" bullshit? I mean I'm a fan of _______ and I don't define my line around it so I dunno.

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012

fallingdownjoe posted:

Nevermind the possibility that the friend could have misremembered the conversation and in fact the fan had gone to a Grateful Dead concert.

Nevermind is actually an album by Nirvana. Good job I'm a walking encyclopedia of.musical facts and know this obscure little tidbit.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

In The Bushes posted:

Nevermind is actually an album by Nirvana. Good job I'm a walking encyclopedia of.musical facts and know this obscure little tidbit.

Wow, I'm so glad, my dear, that you were here! *Gentlemanly bow*

Who the gently caress writes like this

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

ElGroucho posted:

Who the gently caress writes like this

People who make poo poo up for attention on the Internet

I think the most cringeworthy ones for me are "without missing a beat, I..." and "proceeded to," like in the sentence "Whenever I read those phrases in an STDH story, without missing a beat I proceed to projectile vomit all over the room"

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
No miners

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
And then the chairman was fired for blatant sexual discrimination in the workplace

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I mean I'm a fan of _______ and I don't define my line around it so I dunno.

I don't know man, seems to me like you kinda do.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

WebDog posted:

Also the last time there was a The Wall concert in America it was in 2012, where it was performed by Roger Walters. Unless you go back to 1980 when it was last performed by the actual band. That Rolling Stone edition does exist, but that came out in 2013 so yeah it's a ludicrous story.

Um, I think you'll find that it's "Rolling Stones" magazine. I'll forgive your slip-up this time, because clearly you're not a walking encyclopedia like me and my friend in the story there.

God drat that was obnoxious.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fat women are always the most upset about pretty women wearing nice things

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

And that chairman? his name was Mao.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Remember, ladies, your bodies are exclusively at the disposal of your family and church so they can pass them off to the highest bidder.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pearl mining's gotta be a pretty hard job, the overhead for canaries alone has got to be staggering

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Amazing, there is so much that is lovely and wrong about this metaphor.

Also I like how everything that God likes in this world is diamonds, pearls and precious metals.

I'm not sure he knows his god well ? Unless it's the god of capitalism or sth.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Pearl mining's gotta be a pretty hard job, the overhead for canaries alone has got to be staggering

goddam

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is it about Dr Who fans that make them write these smug "I'm in the club" bullshit? I mean I'm a fan of _______ and I don't define my line around it so I dunno.
You're a madlibian too?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

"i like walking behind the store at night so i can get the initiative if necessary"
Must've failed his defense roll that night.

Splicer posted:

You're a madlibian too?

You heard that the Mad Libs creator died this year right? He was 89 poops old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

canyoneer posted:

"i like walking behind the store at night so i can get the initiative if necessary"
Must've failed his defense roll that night.

You heard that the Mad Libs creator died this year right? He was 89 poops old.

You need to buy up agility for the initiative bonus. Just sayin'.

<childish laugh> 89 poops old! My inner 8th grader salutes you.

• Locked thread