Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Al Gore's messages on facebook are the only ones you can actually delete, and assuming you for some reason happen to fail at his sidequest (for whatever the reason that might be)and you assume you just need to go level up and come back you will be getting messages from him CONSTANTLY until you actually complete it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

How many messages does he have programmed in? Do they start looping around?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Carbon dioxide posted:

How many messages does he have programmed in? Do they start looping around?

That's all of the messages he does. They also do start looping.

Air is lava! posted:

I don't think Mr. Albert Arnold Gore actually sent him all of those in that short timeframe. But DN wants to show all of them anyway.

Yeah, this. Here's the screenshots I took for the messages he sent.

If I remember right, I put 18 messages in the update, and that's 9 of them in between those two images. Most of those arrived during Randy's tutorial.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Don't you lose a friend and the possible benefits thereof if you unfriend him? That would be terrible!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Al Gore unfriending you won't lower the amount you need for the next perk. I think he's the only one who can unfriend you too.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
^^^^

You lose Clyde after the intro.

Unfriended friends are still counted towards your totals and achievements. So you still need them.

They're counted in the background

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

mauman posted:

^^^^

You lose Clyde after the intro.

Unfriended friends are still counted towards your totals and achievements. So you still need them.

They're counted in the background

Are you saying Facebook never actually deletes anything? :tinfoil:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Greetings everyone. Today's update marks the last of the faffing about we're gonna be doing for the second day. It's gonna be a fun one, so let's-a-go.

Before we get started, I want to demonstrate the Sneaky Squeaker fart we learned last time.

The green blob is the fart. You're prompted to aim it when you start, but you have full control over where it goes after. The fart can be directed with the analog stick, and will not detonate until you tell it to. How do you detonate it?

By pressing the A button. So that tutorial we just did? The one requiring precise and specific inputs? Yeah, completely useless about telling you anything. There's a bunch of responses to using the sneaky squeaker on people, and I'll show all those off in the next update. Today we have one job and one job alone: to beat up former Vice President Albert Arnold Gore.

Today's special guest star is Jimmy. Those of you who have played this game now understand exactly what it is that I'm about to do. For the rest of you? Well, just hold tight. You'll understand soon.

Video:

This video has the boss fight. It's the longest boss video yet, clocking in at 7 and a half minutes long.

: You're back, Junior Al Gorean, but why haven't you liked any of my Facebook messages... unless...

: Of course! You're no normal human kid! It's you! MANBEARPIG! I have you now! Let us fight to the death.

The fight starts off with him tying a cape around his neck. It lulls you into a false sense of security like that. This is probably the hardest fight in the entire game.

: Now let's see how you like sitting through a WHOLE PRESENTATION ON GLOBAL WARMING!

: You cannot escape the scientific certainty of global climate change!

Two things happened during that presentation.

If you don't defend against both of those attacks, suddenly you're in an incredibly bad situation. Jimmy being Screwed and Asleep isn't too bad, because we can just heal him with water. But you do not want to be hit by either yourself.

So this incredibly difficult boss fight is a perfect opportunity to show off what it is Jimmy can do. He's not the physical powerhouse that Stan is, he's not as tanky as Butters, and he's not as good at debuffing as Kenny. Jimmy is a bard, so he's more adept at buffing instead.

Power Chord, Jimmy's free ability, restores a small amount of PP on use. Pretty handy, yeah?

His regular attack is just launching a rock with his crossbow. It's... it's okay.

Now, so far this fight seems pretty standard. Al Gore starts out with some dick move debuffs, but he's already pretty hosed thanks to Douchebag and his debuffs. Ready to see what makes the fight difficult?

: Gore-tastic!

: Protect the former sort-of Vice President!

: (attacking with EXCELSIOR) Excelsior!
: (attacking with EXCELSIOR) Gore-tastic!
: (attacking with EXCELSIOR) Gore-gasm!
: (idle) My messages were very important.
: (idle) You didn't fool me for a second, ManBearPig.
: (idle) You should have taken this way more cereally.
: (idle) The vice presidency is the highest office in the land and it must be respected.
: (idle) People laughed at me when I told them you were real. Who's laughing now?
: (when hit) Hey!

Al Gore is largely harmless. His attacks kind of hurt, but they're really not a threat. The real threat are the Secret Service. So I'm just gonna be nipping that right in the bud by using the next of Jimmy's abilities.

See this ability? Read that description again. Al Gore is a boss, so he's immune to sleep. However, these Secret Service assholes do not share his immunity. This gives us one full turn of peace.

The perfect hit is also a pretty fun rhythm minigame.

Now that the secret service are asleep on the job, we've got some time and space to think.

Excelsior gives Al Gore an attack up and a regeneration buff.

: (dying) Wait! I can't die! I was almost barely president!

Repeat Jimmy's lullaby as necessary, and eventually Al Gore goes down thanks to a combination of bleeding and burning. We've also taken out one of the Secret Service agents. That just leaves the other two.

Even now the fight could still go quite badly. However, that still doesn't mean I can't show off Jimmy's abilities.

Song of Buffness gives you an ability up buff. It's not exactly something that I can create a gif of, though.

The game is at least nice enough to tell you when to act.

Jimmy also mic drops at the end. :3:

Not gonna lie, this fight is really the only place in the game I use Jimmy. He's really useful here, but I'd much rather have someone else at any other time.

This is also the reason you need to use crowd control on the Secret Service.

If the game's RNG decides it doesn't like you, imagine three of them chain spamming that.

Not as damaging, but it still stings quite a bit.

Finally, Jimmy's last ability.

Pretty decent damage, and inflicts defense down.

The last ability I saw these guys use is to just unload full auto on someone. The block prompts come up quick and furious. It really hurts.

Though he went rock 'n roll a little too late for it to matter.

Naturally only after the optional super hard bonus boss fight do I reach level 11. I was trying to get this before the fight because of the new set of armor I picked up a few updates ago.

The loot found on Al Gore. The ManBearPig Ear causes you to deal more damage at low health. (15% additional below 20% HP)

Cone-shaped funnel of frost means it afflicts even more people. More damage on Pyre Ball is also never a bad thing!

Super Secret Keep Out eh? Well, we have a key so...

: It's a pretty good replica, you gotta give him that.
: Oh look! He was playing president.
: I wonder where he keeps his hanging chads! Wow, what a terrific audience.

The last two party members both also have something to say about this room. We won't be getting them until the third day. Those of you with pattern recognition and familiarity with the main cast of the show will know who they are anyway. Spoilers, it's Kyle and Cartman.

: I didn't think it was possible to feel worse for him.
: It looks like he pees in that corner over there.

If I'm not mistaken, the ManBearPig hoof drains HP from bleeding targets.

The pipe deals quite a bit of damage, but it doesn't have the reach of the broadsword. It's also super cereal, guys.

While we're here, let's put an item away for Mr. Mackey.

:stare:

: Guess Mr. Mackey will never quite get over what that owl did to him.
: (I guess Mr. Mackey will never quite get over what that owl did to him.)
: If you think this is bad, you should see the Obamacare website.
: Neato! It's like a huge fort!

I looked up what the owl did to Mr. Mackey. You're better off not knowing. Though it was quite adamant about picking up your trash. Guess he took the lesson to heart.

We have a PO box key from the first day as well. I'll show off what's in them when we have all three keys. We'll be getting the last one in a few updates.

Don't forget to knock this Chinpokomon off of its perch. We need it for our growing collection.

The monitor goes right here, by the way.

: Straw Poll. How would you feel as a voter about the idea of dissolving the city council?

I tried to turn the quest in to Mr. Mackey, but for some reason he won't accept it as completed until we finish Randy's task. So whatever.

: You fart fiercely... like a farting lion. I wonder... has the Dragonborn finally returned?

: I hope you haven't already fallen in with a bad crowd.
: It's not too late for you, young man. When school restarts, I'll make sure Mr. Mackey mentors you personally.

: That's all you've got is a sign? At least crap on a desk or something.
: If you're trying to be the biggest gently caress-up in your class, you've got a LOT of competition.

: If you have any evidence get it to Mr. Marsh, m'kay.

: This is why we have to reopen the school. Too many idle hands.
: Did you learn that language playing video games? They're so FILTHY these days.

Oh goddammit. What now?

: I told you ManBearPig was out there! He is attacking the Church now!

:sigh: Can't leave this incomplete.

I also take this opportunity to equip the new armor. 170 points of armor is pretty drat good.

Might as well.

Video:

We're gonna be bringing our bestest buddy Butters along for this one. It's been a while since we've used him. The above video has the boss fight in it, as well.

: (idle) Did Al Gore send you? He is my greatest enemy.
: (idle) Al Gore is the only one who knows how to defeat me.
: (idle) I am ManBearPig and only the brave Al Gore can stop me!
: (idle) I fear no man, except maybe the one you call "Al Gore."
: (idle) Only now do you see the folly of not being Facebook friends with Al Gore.
: (idle) You should have never unfriended Al Gore. He was your only chance!
: (idle) It's a good thing no one listened to Al Gore, or I never would have destroyed this town.

: (attacking) Raarr!
: (attacking) Gwaaah!
: (MANBEARPIG RAMPAGE) Raaawr! Gwaaahh!!
: (CRY OF THE MANBEARPIG) Gwaah!

Anyway. ManBearPig.

As long as Al Gore has that mask on, he doesn't take damage from magic.

He also hits decently hard, and thanks to having almost 600 armor, he doesn't take a lot of damage.

ManBearPig Rampage is him attacking several times in succession and causing bleed with each unblocked attack. I honestly have no idea what Cry of the ManBearPig does. If I had to wager a guess, I'd probably say it buffs his attack.

Oh wait, I forgot. Damage over time effects completely bypass armor. Never mind. Business as usual, then.

Some folks claim this is a difficult fight. I do not believe them. The whole fight lasts less than 5 rounds. It honestly feels like a victory lap after beating the much harder prior fight.

: (dying) Al Gore, you finally beat me.

Yeah. Just like that we've beaten both of the bonus bosses in this game.

The rewards are pretty great at least. The Purple Heart Badge in particular is nice. It increases healing received by 250. It also has a requirement of level 14 when the cap is 15. So yeah.

The real reward is the ManBearPig claw. It is a straight upgrade to our current weapon in every way. The only way it could be even better would be if it had two slots for stickers.

Making it add slow just makes it even better.

Well then, shall we go take a peek at that Taco Bell construction site?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Can someone explain to a non-American what exactly is the deal with Al Gore and why does everyone make fun of him?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

paradoxGentleman posted:

Can someone explain to a non-American what exactly is the deal with Al Gore and why does everyone make fun of him?

He wants to make the world a better place and here in 'Murica that's a no-no.

EDIT: Although in this case, it's actually parodying American culture, not him. In the episode with Al Gore he keeps trying to warn people about ManBearPig. No one believes him, and ManBearPig turns out to be real. As always, their subtlety game is on point.

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 28, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

paradoxGentleman posted:

South Park tends to promote the idea that global warming is a hoax.

South Park is funny, but, uh, not always particularly smart.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

This article does a pretty good job of summarizing the most infamous of Al Gore's quotes. For a TLDR version: American politics are a gigantic circus and the "other side," from whatever side you're on, are always looking for something to string you up with. And so an out-of-context quote from Al Gore became a running joke.

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 28, 2015

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

paradoxGentleman posted:

He invented the internet.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Of every fight in the game I was expecting to be difficult, Al Gore was nowhere on that list. The first time I fought him, he beat my rear end. Well, the Secret Service did, but still, it was pretty bad. But I took my buddy Butters with me, and by the Hammer of Butters, we took him down.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.
You can break the hell out of the Manbearpig fight with the thief. I made the mistake of putting off unfriending Gore until the next day because I wasn't paying attention, so I think I ended up using Kyle on that fight.

On a side note, I've seen bleeding go up to 6 with Kyle's ultimate ability after getting a full stack of bleeding with Douchebag. Never really looked to see if it was a graphical bug or if it actually did increased damage.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. I would have expected a lot more bonus bosses, honestly.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I never had trouble had trouble with Al Gore, and I was wondering what all the fuss was about. Now I see why. I think I either took out the Secret Service too fast, and they just never used their worst moves in my fight with them.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I am disappointed by the complete lack of summon use so far. Summons are fun and effective! One-shot-kill those secret service assholes? (I forget if they can't be used against bosses, or can't be used in boss fights at all)

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

GlyphGryph posted:

I am disappointed by the complete lack of summon use so far. Summons are fun and effective! One-shot-kill those secret service assholes? (I forget if they can't be used against bosses, or can't be used in boss fights at all)

I have a summon showcase for the next update, actually. Can't use summons in boss fights, though. So no cheesing the secret service with Jesus or Mr. Slave.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
That Al Gore Fight (Round 1) was a bitch last time for me. I was insistent on using Butters the entire game because he's my little buddy. Those secret service guys are assholes.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Al Gore is a little bitch against fire. Immolate your enemies, kids! :unsmigghh:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm pretty sure you could wind up in that Al Gore fight a lot earlier in the game than you did it, like before you unlock Jimmy and Stan, or maybe even on day 1. It makes the fight a lot more harrowing than you made it look.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug

A good poster posted:

I'm pretty sure you could wind up in that Al Gore fight a lot earlier in the game than you did it, like before you unlock Jimmy and Stan, or maybe even on day 1. It makes the fight a lot more harrowing than you made it look.

I believe i was pretty underleveled when I first encountered the fight. It's been a while, but I remember throwing myself at the fight over and over with reckless abandon until I won by sheer luck. Pretty much the only challenging fight in the game too. I hope the sequel has a more interesting combat system.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

A good poster posted:

Minimum of day 2. You have to finish his side quests first and that requires sewer access which requires the probe.

But yes, you could potentially unlock the fight before unlocking Jimmy and Stan.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

It's not too bad if you have Pyre Ball and some fire-based stickers, as it really bumps up your damage and I'm pretty sure Pyre Ball inflicts burning? If you're not a mage though, you're gonna have a bad time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Roro posted:

It's not too bad if you have Pyre Ball and some fire-based stickers, as it really bumps up your damage and I'm pretty sure Pyre Ball inflicts burning? If you're not a mage though, you're gonna have a bad time.

___________/

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I played mage and just used Dragon's Breath until he went away. I had a great time.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
I mainlined the whole LP up until this point. So far, so good. I remember why I laughed so hard while playing... Jimmy is probably the funniest character in the game.

I did want to mention that your early-game "Lightning Rod" was actually a car antenna. Yeah. Can't believe that wasn't ever brought up.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Hello everyone. If I'm not mistaken, we're very nearly done with sidequests for the whole rest of the game. That means that from this update onward, it's going to be pretty much main-lining the story mode. We've still got quite a ways to go, but I thought you guys might find that tidbit interesting.

Today's first stop is the UFO crash site Taco Bell construction site.

Video:

: Folks, there's nothing to be concerned with here. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary is going on. We're simply getting ready for the grand opening of a new Taco Bell.

: New Taco Bell opening soon, very big Taco Bell. It's gonna open in a few weeks. Thank you.

: Ah, will this Taco Bell be serving enchiritos?
: What?
: Well, is it gonna be a full menu Taco Bell, or is this gonna be one of those Taco Bell/KFC combos?

: We got a guy out here asking a lot of questions.

: Just stick to the script as laid out in the protocol.
: But he wants to know if the Taco Bell will have enchiritos or not, sir.
: Dammit, we don't have a contingency for that. Michaels, isolate and neutralize the threat.
: Yes sir.

: Look, it's a simple question. If this is gonna be a huge Taco Bell, will it serve enchiritos? I think we have a right to know-

: Mark?

: Folks, we know you're all very excited, but for your safety we ask you stay clear of the construction site.

: Mark?

: Sweetie?

Stupid persistent tutorial messages are my bane in this game.

: Sorry, absolutely nobody allowed past.
: Check back in a few weeks, thank you.

: (if shot) Go bug somebody else.
: (if shot) I'm not gonna fight with you, kid.
: (if shot) That's enough.
: (if shot) Ow. Beat it, kid.

See how the soldiers are discolored green? That means that they'll be affected by sneaky squeaker if you detonate it.

They'll be led off by the sound of the fart. Speaking of which, time for some dialogue for when these guys are affected by the fart!

: Huh?
: Hey.
: That's odd.
: What was that?
: Scuzzlebutt??
: Madonna? Ma'am?
: Is that you, God?
: Elephant poachers.
: Shh! What was that?
: Hey! What was that?
: I think I heard a beetle dying!
: We're being stalked by a beaver family.
: Sounds like someone's having car trouble.
: What was that? Is somebody here?? I'll find you!
: I think someone's testing Tupperware.
: Huh, guess Nicki Minaj released a new single.
: Sounds like... ketchup in a squeeze bottle.
: Sounded like a clown horn filled with prune juice.
: Shh. I think someone's eating crab wontons.
: Did I just fart, or was I just thinking about farting?
: Hmm... must be hearing things. But I could have sworn I -- what is that smell?
: Something over here ... smells like ... Madonna. Madonna? Must be my imagination, but it sure does smell like her.

I have no ending for this so I take a small bow.

: This place doesn't really look like a Taco bell.
: (This place doesn't really look like it's a Taco Bell.)
: This place doesn't really LOOK like a Taco Bell.
: Hmm. I-I don't think this looks like a Taco Bell.

Luring enemies into environmental hazards with farts isn't something you can do very often.

You can alternatively trap the soldier in the truck. You can shoot the gate and make it lower, though if you do so you miss out on some treasure.

The moon rock adds 50 frost damage to attacks, so it's worth electrocuting an innocent man instead.

If you enter the front door you get confronted by two soldiers and kicked out. So teleport onto the roof instead.

: (if he sees you) Hey! (alarm sounds) Hey, get out of there! That's Taco Bell property!

The treasure chest in the background has this weapon. I've never used it, but it seems pretty decent.

Our destination is in here.

Video:

: ...but so far we have been unable to stop the UFO from leaking the toxic waste.

: We've contained all we can but there are no guarantees an outbreak will not occur.
: And does the alien liquid appear to have the same effect as... last time?
: I'm afraid so. When the alien waste reacts with organic material on Earth it turns things into... Nazi zombies.

: (Speaking German)

: Here we go again.

: Goddammit. I am so tired of Nazi zombies. It's so overused.

: If the wrong person gets their hands on that green toxin, it could totally spread and... we have a big problem.

: Alright, we're going to have to completely obliterate EVERYTHING in a three block radius.

: Find locations for the bombs and bury it all. Then make up a fake story about an earthquake.

: We can contain the outbreak this time if we act quickly enough. Let's MOVE!

: Everything we've just talked about has been recorded onto this tape. I'm going to leave it alone here for a few minutes, then come back later and have it encrypted and locked away so nobody ever hears what was said in this meeting.

: Yes. Good idea.

: What the gently caress?
: IT'S BROKEN FREE!

: (Speaking German)

So how do you guys like that? Nazi Zombies. From here until the end of the game, these sorry bastards are gonna replace the elves around town as random encounters.

They aren't particularly hardy.

They have several attacks, most of which are just reprisals of the hobos from earlier. Nazi Zombie Bite is one of their few unique attacks.

They'll try to attack with it so much that you'll have absolutely no trouble blocking it. All it does is drain some health from their target and return it to them. Doing some napkin math here, the zombie drained just over 1% of Stan's health after he blocked the attack. It's not exactly threatening.

You know, I'm having a hard time deciding which is worse. Dying wearing sandals with socks and resurrecting as a zombie, or being killed by that same zombie. Probably the former.

Anyway, all three bodies have useful loot.

The zombie has a patch that increases melee damage by 50 points.

The two soldiers have a new set of armor. It's not as good as what we're wearing, though you can use the helmet to have some fun.

It has no slots for armor patches, but look at that innate ability. As far as I know, it's the only item in the game that gives you that innate.

: Man, this secret government base room sure is boring. You'd think that a secret government base would have more cool stuff in it.
: (Man, this secret government base sure is boring. You'd think a secret government base would have more cool stuff in it.)
: Man, this secret government base room sure is boring. You'd think that a secret government base would have more cool stuff in it.
: Man, this secret government base room sure is boring. You would think that a secret government base would have more cool stuff in it.

Grab the tape recorder, but don't rush back out the door. You see, everything in this three-room dungeon is permanently missable. Yeah, we're back to that crap again. So that SWAT set, the hammer outside, the moon rock, the pentagram patch, and everything in this room. All of that will eventually be unavailable.

This is arguably the most important collectible in here.

There's also a "Tesla coil" weapon sticker on the other side. It adds 50 points of electric damage to attacks.

Once you have everything, there's no point in sticking around. So let's get back to the PTA with our evidence.

: There's something really weird about those pale German guys.
: I-I think those guys are new in town.
: Are those N-Nazis? I thought we were past this, Am-America.

Zombies with weapons can and will use them. If you all remember the secret service last time and how much damage they dealt, now imagine a random encounter doing that to you. Always prioritize guys with guns. Military zombies can also toss grenades, but it seems to be more rare.

We need Jimmy for this next part. Also look at the two silhouettes in the background. There is absolutely no doubt who the last two remaining buddies are.

Despite being in the middle of a nazi zombie apocalypse, there is an upside. This rear end in a top hat will no longer make snide comments every time you pass by. Instead he'll yell something in German.

Here we go. We need to get that flute for Jimmy.

Video:

: Oh boy the cattle ranch! We're here! Excuse us? Hello?

: Hey! Get off my ranch!

: Sorry to bother you, sir. We are elven warriors of the forest. I understand you might have a f-f-flute for sale?
: You wanna buy the flute?
: It just so happens I'm a level ten bard, and a flute is just what I need to play magical songs of enchamen- Of encha-cha... Magical songs of ench- Of en- A flute is just what I need to play m- A flute is just what I need to play magical songs of encha- Of enchantme- Magical songs of ench- Of enchantme- A flute is just what I need to play magical songs of encha- Of enchantme- Magical songs of ench- -cha- Magical songs of ench- Of en- ... Of enchantme- Magical songs of ench- Of enchantme- A flute is just what I need to play m- A flute is just what I need to play magical songs of encha- Of enchantme- Magical songs of ench- Of enchantme- Magical songs of ench- Of en- Of encha- A flute is just what I nee to play magical songs of encha- Enchantment!

It seriously lasts that long. If you don't believe me, click on the video. It contains 50 seconds of Jimmy struggling over "Magical Songs of Enchantment."

: Yeah, well, only problem is the flute's in the barn and there's where the crazy cattle are locked up! Damnedest thing I ever saw. Some of the cattle started acting real funny. I tried to calm 'em down but they shouted something in German and then tried to kill me!
: Well, don't worry sir. You just need the help from a level ten bard and his warrior friend. Leave it to us!
: All right, if you say so. Here's the keys to the barn.

Cattle shouting something in German? Why does that sound eerily familiar?

: All right, cows. It's time to stop misbehavin'.

: Looks like we got a fight on our hands.

This here is the reason I waited so long to do this sidequest. These guys' existence kind of spoiled the "twist" that happened a little bit ago. In case you're curious, the hobo on the alien ship was also a nazi zombie, he just had the good taste to not wear a swastika armband.

Nazi zombie cows have interesting AI. There's only seven in the entire game, and all they do is run up at you and commit suicide with lit dynamite.

Well if they're so eager to explode...

All-in-all a much easier sidequest than the She-Ogre we defeated for Stan.

: Hey, you did it! You elves are pretty all right! Did you find the flute?
: I sure did, Rancher Bill! And now my bardic abilities will be greater than ever before.

: Well, ya earned it. See ya round.
: Thanks, New Kid. I couldn't have done it without you. Where should we go next?

:toot:

: I'm doing three shows a night at the Giggling Donkey starting next week. Here's a sample from my next set.
: What has two crutches, and likes being a bard?
: Give up?
: This guy!
: Wow, what a fantastic audience.

Fast forwarding back to the community center...

: Okay thanks, you threw that away for me? You might be thinking I still have a hoarding issue, but you'd be wrong, m'kay? Would you like to be friends on Facebook?

Video:

: What's this? It's a recording! There's data on here...
: Did they say anything?
: What kind of Taco Bell is it going to be?
: When are they gonna be finished building it?!
: Shh! Shh!

: Alright, we're going to have to completely obliterate EVERYTHING in a three block radius.
: What??
: Set charges underground to blow up the area and bury it all. Then make a fake story about an earthquake.

: They're gonna just blow up three blocks?
: Sons of bitches. YOU SONS OF BITCHES!

: What gives them the right?
: I knew there was more to this. It's not a simple Taco Bell we're dealing with. It's the most massive Taco Bell ever built. You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.
: Well, not here! Not in our town!
: You've done well, New Kid. We're not going to let Taco Bell win. I'll take that picture you wanted now of you with the PTA.

: Nice. I'll send it to you.

: Just because I'm your friend now doesn't mean you get to screw around.
: I used to like Taco Bell, too.

: That's the last time Taco Bell fucks with the PTA.
: They picked the wrong town to mess with.

: The PTA will call on you should we need you again.

: You did very well today, young man.
: I friend all new students so I can monitor them.

: Kyle is so lucky to have so many nice neighbors his age!
: This calls for a VERY big PTA meeting.

We're now Facebook friends with the entire South Park PTA! So that's another five friends added to the total.

Well, time to put the greasy outfit back on and show how non-conformist we are.

: Whoa, he did it.
: Nice.
: Yeah, but he's still not goth. He'll have to pass the final test. You may LOOK goth, Frodo, but can you DANCE goth?

So this may seem familiar. It's another rhythm minigame.

: Less enthusiasm.
: You call that smoking?! GOD!
: That's NOT how you drink coffee.
: Totally loving bullshit.
: I'm feeling... the rage.
: Whoa. Apathy combo.
: I like what you did with your coffee there.

If you fail, the goth kids will berate you.

: Uh, nice try, Frodo, but you dance like a freaking pop star wannabe conformist.
: Yeah, better luck next time, loser.

: You can't dance goth, so just stop wasting our time with your posing.

However, because I have played way too much Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Rocksmith, and Elite Beat Agents, we didn't fail.

: Whaddya think?
: He's pretty goth.
: He's pretty goth right?
: Yeah. That was pretty good.
: I felt his pain.
: Alright, New Kid, you have officially proven yourself.
: Yeah. Just tell us where you need us and we'll be there.

So we're now friends with all the goth kids, all four of them. Also our Pyre Ball attack now inflicts burning on anything left alive after it goes off.

: Isn't it great to finally know how much everything sucks?
: I'll show you how to eat people's souls if you want.
: Make yourself at home. You're safe here.
: We're gonna go to the graveyard later and dwell on our own mortality if you wanna come.

: I'm only on here to tell people how much it sucks.
Henrietta and 2 others like this.

That's all the story progress we're gonna make for now. I would end the update here, but there's still some unfinished business. So let's find some nazi zombies in town.

Video:

These guys will do nicely. By the way, if you're remotely curious about summons, you should probably click on that video.

We have four summons. So, why not show them off?

Mr. Hankey does his best Sorcerer's Apprentice impression.

Mr. Slave... ...moving on.

Mr. Kim smacks one opponent for very little damage, though the rest run away anyway.

Finally, Jesus mows some motherfuckers down with his assault rifle.

Our next stop is the police station. Sergeant Yates here has a mission for us.

: Look, I got Nazi zombies to deal with, most of my men are dead, and the mayor's breathing down my neck. Whatever you want, it'll have to wait. Hey, wait. You look pretty tough. How would you like to see what it's like to be a real police officer, huh? Kill some bad guys? Okay, kid. All you gotta do is kill a bunch of Nazi zombies and bring me the rings off their fat, German sausage fingers. You get enough rings, I'll see about getting you an honorary job on the force.

: I was hoping for more rings, kid. Foley over there brought me four, and he's just a rookie. Get back out there.

This is an incredibly straightforward, if somewhat difficult to find, sidequest.

Step one: Kill some nazi zombies.

Step two: loot five nazi rings. You will have to kill five separate groups of zombies to complete this mission.

Step three: receive reward.

: That's a nice collection of Nazi rings you got there. Well done, Junior Detective.

: Keep up the good work, detective. You put my other guys to shame. Especially the dead ones.

: Dammit, kid. You're a loose cannon. Completely unpredictable! You almost got yourself KILLED out there! Wish I had ten more men just like you, hell of a job.

And that's that. Next time we finally betray Cartman and side with the elves. Day 2 is officially almost over.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nazi zombies. :allears:

The sound clips are actually taken from Hitler's speeches, right?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Shitstorm.
Crossfire.
Heh.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Best depiction of Jesus ever.

Incidentally, I'm a little disappointed that we're siding with the elves honestly, if only because Cartman has one particular ability that is a callback to something ridiculously awesome.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Now I am finally seeing this game in its uncensored beauty. Which is actually not that much. I don't really like to look at that kind of symboism and am sort of glad, that it's censored in Germany.
Why is the symbol on the ring inverted?

I think they really missed an oportunity here. The real way to succed this should be to press nothing.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Alot of people think that cutscene with Jimmy is glitched because it legit goes for about 50 seconds or so. The game lets you skip him stuttering the first time so you think that's the joke. But you get to here and you just have to sit there listening to it while nothing else is happening, i know i thought that at first and reset my system twice before reading on GameFAQs that you just have to suffer through it.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

God loving dammit. Another sidequest I missed? No wonder I didn't get the popular achievement.
Speaking of achievements... Are you aiming for any in particular, or will you be avoiding any that involve you doing things that aren't standard gameplay?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Roro posted:

God loving dammit. Another sidequest I missed? No wonder I didn't get the popular achievement.
Speaking of achievements... Are you aiming for any in particular, or will you be avoiding any that involve you doing things that aren't standard gameplay?

I'm only missing four achievements, two of which are complete weapon and armor collections. The other two are spoilers to describe, but I do intend to do them for the lp.

(They both involve the endgame)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Roro posted:

Heh, I've never seen the Nazi Zombie Ring sidequest. That's probably what stopped me from getting the popular achievement. Looks like it's a pretty standard "kill x" mission, so I'm not bummed I missed it.

Sally fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 23, 2015

SOLarian
Oct 29, 2012
Pillbug

In Germany this looks a bit different:

Yeah, all the swastikas and the nazi salute are censored.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

They should've censored the spike on the pickelhaube as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Air is lava! posted:

Why is the symbol on the ring inverted?

I think the ring is upside-down.

SOLarian posted:

In Germany this looks a bit different:

Yeah, all the swastikas and the nazi salute are censored.

Did they seriously just use floating censor bars? That's actually pretty drat funny.

Poil posted:

The sound clips are actually taken from Hitler's speeches, right?

I believe so.

• Locked thread