Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

MariusLecter posted:

Open up a theater why don't you.

uhhh excuse me guns are for closing theaters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

DeusExMachinima posted:

uhhh excuse me guns are for closing theaters

What about Chekov's Gun?

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Effectronica posted:

It's kind of disturbing how there are thousands of people who believe that the Supreme Court is infallible when issuing ex cathedra proclamations on matters of doctrine. To begin with, that's the pope who has that superpower.

No see they made gay marriage/abortion/obamacare legal! But it doesn't count when talking about guns/citizens united/Bush being elected because reasons.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Fat Ogre posted:

No see they made gay marriage/abortion/obamacare legal! But it doesn't count when talking about guns/citizens united/Bush being elected because reasons.

To continue, it evinces an overriding indifference to physical reality on the part of the speaker. Can someone who says a thing like this be trusted to recognize that people can be killed when they are shot? Signs point to no.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Fat Ogre posted:

Using burns originated by Kid Gloves I see. Even if I did have a retard for a kid what bearing does it have on this discussion?

You think Shotguns and rifles are the same and that carrying a gun isn't using a gun.

It has bearing on your choice of words. I think shotguns are rifles when it comes to their size and concealability. You are correct that I don't think carrying a gun is the same as using a gun.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Tezzor posted:

It has bearing on your choice of words. I think shotguns are rifles when it comes to their size and concealability. You are correct that I don't think carrying a gun is the same as using a gun.

I think kittens are toy poodle puppies when it comes to their size and concealability. You are correct I don't think riding in an airplane is the same as using an airplane.

Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
You can tell how far down the hole of obsessive batshit gun fanboys are when a cutting rebuttal to "you used 40 ableist slurs in one post that reads like an fourteen year old wrote it" is "oh yeah well you think something wrong about guns." It's unbelievable how common it is too

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Tezzor posted:

You can tell how far down the hole of obsessive batshit gun fanboys are when a cutting rebuttal to "you used 40 ableist slurs in one post that reads like an fourteen year old wrote it" is "oh yeah well you think something wrong about guns." It's unbelievable how common it is too

:allears: Tell us all about cutting. Do you cut yourself? Do you bleed butter? Hrmm do tell.

You don't know anything about firearms, yet feel that we should listen to your opinions on why they should be banned or regulated.

If I wandered into a thread about Israel and talked about Jews having horns and laying eggs seriously and then said we should do XYZ with Israel I would be soundly mocked.

That is what is happening to you Tezzor when you talk about guns. You don't know anything about them and it shows.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tezzor posted:

Forums poster Fat ogre has a developmentally disabled child in real life.

Much like having an Asian wife gives you a free pass to be racist having a special needs child gives you a free pass to denigrate special needs people.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Fat Ogre posted:

:allears: Tell us all about cutting. Do you cut yourself? Do you bleed butter? Hrmm do tell.

You don't know anything about firearms, yet feel that we should listen to your opinions on why they should be banned or regulated.

If I wandered into a thread about Israel and talked about Jews having horns and laying eggs seriously and then said we should do XYZ with Israel I would be soundly mocked.

That is what is happening to you Tezzor when you talk about guns. You don't know anything about them and it shows.

It is not okay to point out the sexually dysfunctional nature of gunfuckers, but it is okay to obsess about obesity and envisioning someone committing suicide in shame over their ignorance of guns.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Effectronica posted:

It is not okay to point out the sexually dysfunctional nature of gunfuckers, but it is okay to obsess about obesity and envisioning someone committing suicide in shame over their ignorance of guns.

Heh, you probably can't tell the difference between an Automatic Kalashnikov model 1947 and my Automatic Kalashnikov Modernized. You loving fat idiot butter troll.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Effectronica posted:

I didn't say it wasn't ok. I said notice how anti-gun retards always talk about gun owner penis size.

Try to keep up.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Fat Ogre posted:

I didn't say it wasn't ok. I said notice how anti-gun retards always talk about gun owner penis size.

Try to keep up.

To finish with the earlier statements about how owning guns can cause you to go insane, notice how this guy's ability to comprehend language is at the level of a small child's. This can be directly traced back to his gun collection.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fat Ogre posted:

I think kittens are toy poodle puppies when it comes to their size and concealability. You are correct I don't think riding in an airplane is the same as using an airplane.

Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.

Are you driving a car when you're the passenger?

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

MariusLecter posted:

Heh, you probably can't tell the difference between an Automatic Kalashnikov model 1947 and my Automatic Kalashnikov Modernized. You loving fat idiot butter troll.

Yes this is obviously the same a shotgun vs a rifle. Two different models of the same line of gun vs two entirely different types of firearms.

Cars and motorcycles are the same thing.
Cellphones and Rotary dial phones are the same thing too.

MariusLecter posted:

Heh, yeah you can't tell a 2000 Ford Explorer from a 2010 Ford Explorer
Heh, yeah you can't tell an iPhone 4 from an iPhone 6

HTH

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Before you can begin to talk about how the presence of a gun exacerbates conflicts and violence, you must demonstrate that you know the difference between single-action and double-action.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Who What Now posted:

He is "using" the car in that case, the rationale is that he is 'using' his gun and second amendment rights when he is carrying. Not to be confused with using a gun when shooting at stuff.

Maybe?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fat Ogre posted:

Yes this is obviously the same a shotgun vs a rifle. Two different models of the same line of gun vs two entirely different types of firearms.

Cars and motorcycles are the same thing.
Cellphones and Rotary dial phones are the same thing too.

HTH

Cars and motorcycles are both motor vehicles, cells and rotaries are both phones, shotguns and rifles are both long guns. These are all factually true.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Who What Now posted:

Am I using the car?

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Answer is yes I'm using the car even when I'm a passenger

Are you using the phone if you only check your email on it but don't make phone calls with it? :iiam:

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

MariusLecter posted:

He is "using" the car in that case, the rationale is that he is 'using' his gun and second amendment rights when he is carrying. Not to be confused with using a gun when shooting at stuff.

Maybe?

Bingo you got it.

Tezzor thinks carrying a gun doesn't count as using it when discussing gun right issues.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
But as a passenger I am not 'using' the car or the privilege to drive. Nor am I actively using the plane, that's the pilot.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Who What Now posted:

Cars and motorcycles are both motor vehicles, cells and rotaries are both phones, shotguns and rifles are both long guns. These are all factually true.

A square and a triangle are both shapes but it helps if you don't confuse the two when discussing gun law restrictions.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

MariusLecter posted:

But as a passenger I am not 'using' the car or the privilege to drive. Nor am I actively using the plane, that's the pilot.

So you aren't exercising your right to freedom of travel or freedom to peacefully assemble? If you aren't actually the one driving someplace?

If I'm not actively reading a book then it doesn't count as using a book if I prop a table up with it?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fat Ogre posted:

A square and a triangle are both shapes but it helps if you don't confuse the two when discussing gun law restrictions.

Lol if you care about gun laws or think there will ever be a gun law in this country that is both enforced and worth a drat.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fat Ogre posted:

So you aren't exercising your right to freedom of travel or freedom to peacefully assemble? If you aren't actually the one driving someplace?

Are you exercising your freedom of travel if you're kidnapped and transported against your will? Check mate, gunailure.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
e; Bad data.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 28, 2015

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Who What Now posted:

Are you exercising your freedom of travel if you're kidnapped and transported against your will? Check mate, gunailure.

No because you didn't choose to travel, that said the kidnapper is using and abusing their right to privacy and freedom to travel so there is that.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

MariusLecter posted:

Open carry and concealed carry aren't guaranteed by the second amendment.

Sure it is.

The whole part about bearing arms implies you can carry it. How else does one bear arms?

A militia is pointless if you can't carry the gun to where you need it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fat Ogre posted:

Sure it is.

The whole part about bearing arms implies you can carry it. How else does one bear arms?

A militia is pointless regardless.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
If there was nothing between me and the actual physical server that SA is hosted on AND I had a big gun, this thread would stop happening.

Makes you think.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fat Ogre posted:

Sure it is.

When you get direct orders from the national guard(?) saying they need armed citizens to mobilize? Or is that the people you'd be shooting at?

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Alright I'm tired of this. Everyone please include accurate measurements of your erect penis with every post.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

crabcakes66 posted:

Alright I'm tired of this. Everyone please include accurate measurements of your erect penis with every post.

Oh no, I'm not falling for that one again.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

MariusLecter posted:

When you get direct orders from the national guard(?) saying they need armed citizens to mobilize? Or is that the people you'd be shooting at?

Congress has the powers to mobilize the militia.

The states get to appoint local militia leaders in respect to the rules outlined by Congress.

So if congress ordered it for a good reason you'd have to be able to legally show up armed.

Or if congress was wiped out for some reason and your local state needed to mobilize it for defense you'd still have to be able to carry weapons.

So this idea that carrying arms isn't protected is stupid.

Keep and Bear arms implies you can own them and carry them around and that right shouldn't be infringed.

Meanwhile the 14th amendment somehow protects butt loving your boyfriend in private against sodomy laws, gay marriage and protects murdering a baby growing in your womb even though no where does it mention any of that.

I don't see why keep and bear is so hard to grasp as a concept.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If Congress is wiped out you're already dead so being able to bear arms doesn't matter.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
militias aren't totally pointless, they've helped a lot of otherwise closeted nerds get in touch with their costume making and cosplay sides

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
also social clubs for dudes who would probably otherwise unremarkably commit suicide in a hunting blind somewhere

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What did autistic people obsess over before the invention of guns and trains?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Who What Now posted:

If Congress is wiped out you're already dead so being able to bear arms doesn't matter.

Washington DC is like the glowing red weak point on a boss I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013

crabcakes66 posted:

Why are we talking about penis size? This is very unsettling.

• Locked thread