Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, it's claimed to be something that happens in game. I'd be very surprised if it did but I'm a jaded little poo poo.

I think that not only will it be in the game, but it will happen so rarely that it'll be a rumor like the bigfoot in San Andreas. And then a bunch of whiny manbabies will complain that they never encountered Darth Vader so they'll change the scripting so Vader shows up in every single map at least once, guaranteed. Then due to saturation the event will no longer be special and people will figure out a way to cheese the game and actually kill Darth Vader consistently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Vader has never been particularly intimidating in games up until this point. He's been a cheap rear end in a top hat in games like SNES ESB, but this comes off as different.

Obviously the final product could be very different than these 2-second gifs, but it's still effective marketing.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

kinmik posted:

Star Wars Battlefront

Looks sick

SHOOT THE FEET!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

If it works like battlefront 2, grenades and rockets should do the trick. Either that or smashing a fighter into him.

Grey Fox posted:

The future is now

There are no words for just how awkward and lonely this looks.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

The reason he's so intimidating there is that you're no longer facing him as Luke or some other powerful Jedi (or even as a badass protagonist who doesn't have the force). You're just a nameless Rebellion soldier trying to fight him off with a blaster rifle and Vader Just Don't Give a gently caress. If you don't get away from Vader you're going to die, and he just keeps advancing on you like Death himself.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

The reason he's so intimidating there is that you're no longer facing him as Luke or some other powerful Jedi (or even as a badass protagonist who doesn't have the force). You're just a nameless Rebellion soldier trying to fight him off with a blaster rifle and Vader Just Don't Give a gently caress. If you don't get away from Vader you're going to die, and he just keeps advancing on you like Death himself.

And you know the moment you turn away it'll be all *womwomwomwom* flying lightsaber cuts you in half, cause that's what your Star Wars PTSD nightmares are all about.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I appreciate that Battlefront gif because it satisfies my original annoyance of the first trailer of the "player" not immediately opening fire upon Vader upon his reveal.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

If I have sex with someone else, does he go after them then?

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist

kinmik posted:

Star Wars Battlefront

Looks sick

That's when you throw the rifle at his head and run away.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

kdrudy posted:

Vader doesn't do sloppy seconds. Vader comes first, or not at all.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

:negative:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Brainamp posted:

If it works like battlefront 2, grenades and rockets should do the trick. Either that or smashing a fighter into him.

Well, unlike real sex, you're not supposed to do this in public. This is just masturbation with an audience and a half willing participant.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

kdrudy posted:

Furthermore can Vader be killed if I lure him into the swamps of Dagobah and then toss a TV set in with him?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

MizPiz posted:

That's great gif of the Lion's best player, No One.

The tears of Alabama fans that night were sweet, sweet wine.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Jeebus. Stop with the sports GIFs and the video game GIFs. Get off the couch already.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

pookerbug posted:

That's when you throw the rifle at his head and run away.

So Vader is like Superman?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Azhais posted:

Why would he need to duck?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kinmik posted:

Star Wars Battlefront

Looks sick

I get the same feeling with this as I did seeing Evil Otto.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

King Vidiot posted:

The reason he's so intimidating there is that you're no longer facing him as Luke or some other powerful Jedi

What are you kidding me Luke is like the worst jedi in like all of fiction, all he ever managed to learn was the retarded puppy fakeout trick that lured vader to toss that wrinkly git in a hole there at the end, like jeezus man!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Jamesman posted:

It's actually not what it looks like. This is a VR program being tested for simulating loving the headless, limbless corpses of children wearing Japanese schoolgirl uniforms.

But that's EXACTLY what it looks like.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/4pZlLdh.gifv

Forgall posted:

Why would he need to duck?

Because the actor is a huge pussy.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

kinmik posted:

Star Wars Battlefront

Looks sick

This is the SkiFree Yeti of a new generation.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What's the IP for this Minecraft server?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

kinmik posted:

Star Wars Battlefront

Looks sick

If you dual wielded 2 guns would Vader be able to deflect both shots?

Azhais posted:

Why do I feel directors just didn't give a poo poo back in those days?

"Aah damnit, his aim was really bad. gently caress it, that's a wrap. Time and celluloid aint cheap!!"

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

Ak Gara posted:

If you dual wielded 2 guns would Vader be able to deflect both shots?

He'd likely just use the force to take one away from you and slap you across the face with it.

I was also pretty surprised at how intimidating Vader is in this context. I don't think he's ever been portrayed quite like that, but he looks absolutely terrifying. Sadly it's probably just some cutscene-like scene where he does that and knocks you out and you wake up in a cell for the next mission.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Maleh-Vor posted:

He'd likely just use the force to take one away from you and slap you across the face with it.

I was also pretty surprised at how intimidating Vader is in this context. I don't think he's ever been portrayed quite like that, but he looks absolutely terrifying. Sadly it's probably just some cutscene-like scene where he does that and knocks you out and you wake up in a cell for the next mission.

Or the game does one of those multiple protagonist things and you're playing Private Imfucked and the game cuts to Corporal Totallycool afterwards.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

CzarChasm posted:

Well, unlike real sex, you're not supposed to do this in public.

:raise:

E:

Not shown: the take where the bicyclist walked over and punched the prankster.

FredMSloniker has a new favorite as of 20:07 on Aug 28, 2015

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
to be accompanied by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfDqR4fqIWE

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This too: https://gifsound.com/?gif=im.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-1795171098.gif&v=YfDqR4fqIWE&s=88

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Maleh-Vor posted:

hero characters will be playable, probably similar to how they were in battlefront 2 where it was the top palyer on the server or whatnot

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGhoLcsr8GA

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Robert Denby posted:

Yesssssssss....

The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T

Yay! I knew I made them for someone else besides myself.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Ak Gara posted:

Why do I feel directors just didn't give a poo poo back in those days?

"Aah damnit, his aim was really bad. gently caress it, that's a wrap. Time and celluloid aint cheap!!"

It was a time before goons so they didn't care

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Everyone still cared back then but there was no internet, so peoples' opinion only mattered as far as they could yell it.
and sometimes as far as it could get in a stamped, self addressed envelope.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

kinmik posted:

Star Wars Battlefront

Looks sick

I'm finding all sorts of videos of the game, but I can't find this one. Does anyone have the source?

Edit: That's awesome, thanks!
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Mogomra has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Aug 28, 2015

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Mogomra posted:

I'm finding all sorts of videos of the game, but I can't find this one. Does anyone have the source?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knci0h8Omzc

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Brainamp posted:

So is that dude legit getting has masturbate on, or is he just dry humping

I don't know which is sadder

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Brainamp posted:

I thought "Japan" was the word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bort
Mar 13, 2003

kdrudy posted:

It's really glitchy. Sometimes Vader is naked, sometimes he's my mom.

Gotta run!