Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Takeo-kun's patented Yukika-chan radar is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
This show has spoiled me for nice things happening. I want the nice things to keep happening!

Make the nice things happen for Suna! Dude's a class act.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I just got new headphones to replace my almost-dead old ones and Takeo's voice has completely changed. He's even better now!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope Yukika ends up on the opening cake :3:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Everything Burrito posted:

I hope Yukika ends up on the opening cake :3:

Little did we know she was there hiding in the background the whole time.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm hyped for this episode now

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think...my post got stuck

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yukaka hasn't really endeared her self to me quite yet, but hopefully she becomes more of a fleshed out character later on.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like that they made her slightly creepy with the stalking so she wasn't just blandly cute and shy.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
She's so awkward! I'm kind of glad she recognises the stalking as being pretty creepy even if the other characters brush it off and yea, there much to go on yet other than her being understandably intense about a crush she's been harbouring for the last ten years... I have faith that even if the show doesn't have them date and fall for each other, it'll still be really sweet and good-natured!

Some pretty great confused Takeo faces this week also

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm not a fan of stalker-ey characters so I'm not a fan of Yukika. Suna x Saijou all the way. :colbert:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not a fan of stalker-ey characters so I'm not a fan of Yukika. Suna x Saijou all the way. :colbert:

That's fair, stalking is really creepy so she definitely started on the wrong foot.

And Saijou is very cute

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
She seems to have good reasons for liking Suna so I like her so far.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Captain Invictus posted:

Saijou didn't strike me as particularly interested in Suna though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She had potential!

She coulda been a contenda!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The show never hints at Suna x Saijou being a thing and the only way they really fit together is by both being amazing.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This series has a habit of introducing characters that rub you the wrong way at first glance, before becoming your best friend. They're definitely trying for this with Yukika, and clearly laying the groundwork for it. I mean, they already pulled off making Suna's sister likable, I think they'll make Yukika work.

The only thing up in the air is if they'll end up a couple.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The nice thing about Saijou was that she wasn't enamored with Suna so they could actually talk to each other. I'm still mixed on Yukika too, but gonna wait to see how it plays out.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Devil Tesla posted:

This series has a habit of introducing characters that rub you the wrong way at first glance, before becoming your best friend. They're definitely trying for this with Yukika, and clearly laying the groundwork for it. I mean, they already pulled off making Suna's sister likable, I think they'll make Yukika work.

Suna's sister was never unlikable, her friend came on a bit strong at first though. Otherwise agree

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm just going to treat her like Oda (give the benefit of the doubt) and wait for her to become totally endearing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Allarion posted:

The nice thing about Saijou was that she wasn't enamored with Suna so they could actually talk to each other.

Exactly

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Yukika is a creep

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://streamable.com/iez1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I had to pause at that moment, too good

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Yukika is a proper stalker and I am glad the show is fully acknowledging that even if the characters seem to be ignoring it. She's cute but still kind of creepy in a way. Hard to root for someone who is so obsessed they hope the person rejects every other girl while they aren't even actively engaging the guy.

While I'm sure she can win me over, not sure if I think she's a good fit for Suna. Since he deserves someone goddamn amazing and Yukika is not impressing me. :colbert:

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

The Devil Tesla posted:

The only character I disliked from the start was the guy that was interested in Suna's sister.

And I still dislike him. :colbert:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Yukika's grey hair really stands out to me, all the characters have normal hair colours as opposed to pink or blue or whatever so Yukika's grey hair makes her look like an old woman.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Starsnostars posted:

Yukika's grey hair really stands out to me, all the characters have normal hair colours as opposed to pink or blue or whatever so Yukika's grey hair makes her look like an old woman.

That's an interesting point, between that and the sort of played for laughs stalking she does seem to be the most 'cartoonish' of the characters shown so far. Which was a weird thing to write about a show where the main character literally leaps out of a burning building

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The most important thing is that she likes Suna for good reasons and obviously never said or thought bad things about Takeo. I'm looking forward to seeing them together and all the other girls being mad jelly. :colbert:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Awww, they jumped straight to White Day. I wanted to see an episode of Takeo baking the cookie.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Aug 27, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Face of the Season.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Holy poo poo Takeo's face at the end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was hoping to find this here, lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Takeo is probably godawful at poker.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Yeah, Yukika is creepy as gently caress but I'm pretty sure she's going to redeem herself.

One thing that struck me is that she edges close to being the hyper-feminine stereotype playing off Takeo's hyper-masculine stereotype. She's someone that Suna would have to take care of in the same way he takes care of Takeo, but there would most likely be 10,000% less unstoppable saran wrap lust.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

squidflakes posted:

unstoppable saran wrap lust.

Name change or thread title change? Hmm...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

squidflakes posted:

Yeah, Yukika is creepy as gently caress but I'm pretty sure she's going to redeem herself.

One thing that struck me is that she edges close to being the hyper-feminine stereotype playing off Takeo's hyper-masculine stereotype. She's someone that Suna would have to take care of in the same way he takes care of Takeo, but there would most likely be 10,000% less unstoppable saran wrap lust.

Less lust? Yukika fantasized about taking pics of Suna in the bath lol

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

dogsicle posted:

Less lust? Yukika fantasized about taking pics of Suna in the bath lol

Oh, I'd expect the lust, just not the cling film.

Also, did Suna actually keep all of her letters? Is that what was in the drawer when Takeo was trying to talk him in to a double date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yeah, he still had a bunch of her old notes :3:

• Locked thread