Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy

Monicro posted:

If you ever get annoyed by yahtzee's attitude just look up the "booby booby bum bum" part of their normality lp and embrace the beauty of life
Here's the magical moment in all of its context, for those who've never seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Does anyone know a good Space Engineers Let's Play?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like his Tomb Raider Anniversary review for the running gag where he tries to get around making jokes about Lara's breasts due to them being a punchline for long enough, then at the end of the review he proposes a few more interesting game ideas like "A race of blue tits that are defending their milk factories from an invading army of mummies. A pair of puppies trying to catch things in their large jugs." Then all metaphor goes out of the window and the dam bursts with every unused alternate name for breasts ending in :argh: STONKING GREAT TITS!:argh:.

Edit: Link http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/5-Tomb-Raider-Anniversary

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 28, 2015

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Apparently Jimmy Kimmel can't wrap his head around Let's Plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji9KmXwrA5Y and it's pretty great.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
And then Jimmy Kimmel cried.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Niggurath posted:

Apparently Jimmy Kimmel can't wrap his head around Let's Plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji9KmXwrA5Y and it's pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryh-YFZC7-k&feature=youtu.be&t=18

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
poo poo, that video has 16k dislikes already.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

poo poo, that video has 16k dislikes already.

LPs are serious business.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
He called out and dissed Pewdiepie specifically, so I assume it has to do with that

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Pewdiepie deserves to be exiled to a desert island with no internet.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Yvonmukluk posted:

Does anyone know a good Space Engineers Let's Play?

VideoSage and LastStandGamers both do a bunch of Space Engineers videos, as well as a shared survival let's play of it between them and another bloke. Each channel has the same LP, but with the viewpoint being from it's owner. Sage's stuff tends to be in better quality concerning editing. It's... alright. Bit boring at times.

They also decided to create a narrative and roleplay for it, which while interesting with some neat stuff shoved in to support it, (Custom models for stuff, getting a bunch of peeps on their server to act as raiders/military/robits/etc, and massive pre-constructed setpieces among other things) I tend to find it's also very ehhhhhhh at times as well. The roleplay can be a touch cringy here and there as well. But hey, I watched through Sage's season 1 fully, and half of season 2 (skipping large segments of video) before I fully lost interest, so you may like it.

Jawnycat fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 29, 2015

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

To be fair Pewdiepie is probably the worst person to introduce someone to the concept of youtube LPs if they're over the age of 10.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Niggurath posted:

The fury of thousands upon thousands of autists.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently Twitch Plays Dark Souls beat the Gargoyles by sitting at a distance throwing fire at the ground and letting Lautrec and Solaire beat the poo poo out of them alone. I'm honestly surprised.
Also now it has three gauges that people constantly vote on: democracy/anarchy, ban magic/allow magic, and allow pause delay/disable pause delay.
I still don't understand why people are so angry at the concept? Like, they seem a lot more vitriolic about this than any other "Twitch plays stuff".

HGH fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 29, 2015

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

HGH posted:

Apparently Twitch Plays Dark Souls beat the Gargoyles by sitting in a corner and letting Lautrec and Solaire beat the poo poo out of them alone. I'm honestly surprised.
Also now it has three gauges that people constantly vote on: democracy/anarchy, ban magic/allow magic, and allow pause delay/disable pause delay.
I still don't understand why people are so angry at the concept? Like, they seem a lot more vitriolic about this than any other "Twitch plays stuff".

One question: what memes have arisen for this one? Let me tell you, bird jesus and God helix and stuff was a hoot! I believe it even lead to a twitch emote NOT of a white guy grimacing.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

judge reinhold posted:

I believe it even lead to a twitch emote NOT of a white guy grimacing.

There's a buncha those though.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Yeah, come on, judge! You should know better. There's also a black guy grimacing and a white girl grimacing!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

And cute dogs! :saddowns:

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Great!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

inthesto posted:

He called out and dissed Pewdiepie specifically, so I assume it has to do with that

Totalbiscuit is chilling in the comments, I think it's a GG thing.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Totalbiscuit is chilling in the comments, I think it's a GG thing.

He made a comment saying "first they ignore you, then they laugh at you..." Does he think that he's part of some revolution or something? How on earth did he think that was even close to relevant?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

watho posted:

How on earth did he think that was even close to relevant?

He's a loving idiot, that's how he thinks that

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

the comparison here is to professional sportspeople

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

watho posted:

He made a comment saying "first they ignore you, then they laugh at you..." Does he think that he's part of some revolution or something? How on earth did he think that was even close to relevant?

"Then they ignore you again. Unless you turn out to be right, which happens sometimes, but not all the time. You can never be sure. Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, Jimmy Kimmel is a nazi."

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
I think you guys are reading a little too much into what sounds like an offhand remark. What he said could just as easily apply to people playing video games instead of watching them. :shrug:

Didn't he make a mini video essay a while back when BBC Newsnight put out that super-patronising report on Twitch? It's not like it's the first time he's done this.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah he did a vid on that. People are reading way too much into it.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

IceAgeComing posted:

the comparison here is to professional sportspeople
Now I'm imagining a recording of someone who's never played golf before trying to play a round while their amateur-level friends offer advice, make jokes and issue ridiculous dares.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Paul.Power posted:

Now I'm imagining a recording of someone who's never played golf before trying to play a round while their amateur-level friends offer advice, make jokes and issue ridiculous dares.

Frankly that sounds really entertaining.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah he did a vid on that. People are reading way too much into it.
The Us vs Them mentality is pretty much omnipresent these days.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

Frankly that sounds really entertaining.

Basically times better than watching actual golf, just on the idea.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone been noticing a weird issue where some people's channels are missing features?

There's no Videos, playlists, or about buttons, for example.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

RareAcumen posted:

Anyone been noticing a weird issue where some people's channels are missing features?

There's no Videos, playlists, or about buttons, for example.

The page looks perfectly alright to me. Maybe something on your end?

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Jamesman posted:

blip.tv shutdown today.

Gee it looks like their business model of telling everyone to get the gently caress out and never come back didn't work out for em!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hippocrass posted:

The page looks perfectly alright to me. Maybe something on your end?

I guess so. I don't know what could be causing it though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Niggurath posted:

Man the comments are way funnier then the video. People get really defensive over watching people play video games.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently Markiplier guested on the show yesterday.
Markiplier on national TV. What a world.

EDIT: Here's the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtZgpEqfoaI

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 4, 2015

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Shoulda had PDP and just made the entire start to finish run time, commercials included, him screaming.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You say that but it's honestly the other way around these days.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Niggurath posted:

Oh my god those fuckwits are downvoting all his videos since then. It's amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's funny cause to the youtube robots all that means is "This video is popular we should give it even more exposure!"

• Locked thread