Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Black Illusion

quote:

Until the end of this turn, all DARK Spellcaster-Type monsters with 2000 or more ATK you currently control cannot be destroyed by battle, their effects are negated, also they are unaffected by your opponent's card effects.

Well not :stare: level.
It would need to be continuous to be that.

But pretty good.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Black Illusion

Well not :stare: level.
It would need to be continuous to be that.

But pretty good.

It'd be better if it were quickplay.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Slur posted:

It'd be better if it were quickplay.

Yeah the Dark Magician-Deck as is is really starved for good spells.

That's what Irony is, right?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah the Dark Magician-Deck as is is really starved for good spells.

That's what Irony is, right?

Yes, it is ironic.

I don't understand why Konami makes purposefully underpowered cards like this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Probably as a novelty because this is a children's game and not every card is going to be the best card in the game.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm so glad this random stranger opened my eyes to the truth of Pendulums! I am so glad he let me know that playing such a deck makes me a pussy!

I just deleted all of my Pendulum decks and will never build one again. Thank you, random internet stranger!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

The price of playing games with a chat or other communication feature is that you occasionally meet chucklefucks like that one. I bet he has a Nekroz deck.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I honestly don't know. He discarded Dark Creator for Dark Grepher and that was his entire turn before he quit.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

I'm so glad this random stranger opened my eyes to the truth of Pendulums! I am so glad he let me know that playing such a deck makes me a pussy!

I just deleted all of my Pendulum decks and will never build one again. Thank you, random internet stranger!

He sure showed you.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dexie posted:

I honestly don't know. He discarded Dark Creator for Dark Grepher and that was his entire turn before he quit.

Well if you weren't playing such a cheap deck he would have had game there.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I just summoned Cyber Dragon Infinity for the first time.

I...I feel dirty right now.

EDIT: http://ygorganization.com/areyoureadytorumble/

I suddenly have a desire to play YGO IRL. :stare:

Vandar fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 22, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Rapadoooo!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Out of boredom I made a Legendary Dragons deck for fun

The Timeus fusion is pretty useless truth be told but looping back with the knights is pretty fun. Amusingly, the best card so far is the Mirror Dragon.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Getting back in to the game for nostalgia after having not played since the extra deck was just the fusion deck. I've come to terms with XYZs and Synchros and kinda-sorta if YGOPro is doing it for me Pendulums but I was a dumb kid when I last played, how the gently caress do I build a deck that isn't poo poo?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What I recommend is find an archetype you think is interesting and look online for analyses of the archetypes you like. A good starting archetype is Wights/Skull Servants.

If you want to learn Synchros or XYZs try using some of the AI decks. As degenerate as they are, tellarknights will teach you the basics of XYZ summoning.

Also for pendulum look up the tutorial they put online. It's very helpful. I'd link it both I'm on mobile.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 28, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Are wights actually good? Given what I've heard about ease and the WC results I'd imagine tellarknights would be a reasonable starting point as long as you're not buying cards and don't hate playing what's popular. I've been using pojo as a resource to get primers on playing particular archetypes, it's not so bad once you get past the templating and weird forums things.

Pojo is notorious about making it hard to find sample lists though - I'll be honest I pull lists from tournaments to try to get a feel for particular archetypes but the downside to that is you only get to mess with maybe 6-7 archetypes at most.

also look up lightsworns they are the best thing ever

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

Getting back in to the game for nostalgia after having not played since the extra deck was just the fusion deck. I've come to terms with XYZs and Synchros and kinda-sorta if YGOPro is doing it for me Pendulums but I was a dumb kid when I last played, how the gently caress do I build a deck that isn't poo poo?

You type "majispecter" into the search bar and add all the cards. Then laugh when a Nekroz player calls it a "little dik pusy fagot deck".

For real though, it's easier to focus on a archetype (i.e. Nekroz, Qli, Shaddolls, etc.). Netdecking helps get you started if you're completely clueless about an archetype/how it plays until you feel like changing it to suit you. It also helps to know what kind of playstyle you like (control/lockdown, otk, etc.) when figuring out what deck to play.

Also, just in general, make sure you Read The Cards when you don't know what they do. People don't always read the cards. They should read the cards. Or else you end up putting Fiendish Chain on Apoqliphort Towers and just look foolish.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Zoness posted:

Are wights actually good?

Yes.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Wights are unironically good. An OTK deck that can go off super fast and is super consistent. It also recycles. With Uni-Zombie now it also allows for some cool as syncro plays and Beelez plays.

I am biased because I run them but drat its the most fun I have had with a deck since Madolche.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Going with the Skull Servants is always the right choice.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

For those few, proud Poor Decision Makers who play the physical game, the Synchron Extreme structure deck came out in TCG today. It comes with a lot of good reprints like Effect Veiler and Solemn Warning, along with new cards Jet Synchron and Accel Synchron which you see in a lot of weird FTK combos and, in general, are really good cards for any syncho deck that can use them. Synchrons are my favourite deck, so I'm completely set on buying cards for the foreseeable future!

what do you mean speedroids come out in october

Okay, I'm completely set on buying cards for almost 2 more months! Unless they bump up Beigomax to Secret Rare, in which case, gently caress that I'm done!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Thanks for all the replies. I sorta figured you just go with an archetype but was more wondering if there was any way to learn staples/more than just 3x what comes up in YGOPro search or if it just came with experience. I'm guessing the latter. I'll keep wights in mind (and also want to make a Kozmo deck because come on :iia:) but I have scraped together two decks I wouldn't mind advice on.

This Hieratic deck was, uh, inspired by the wiki but reconstructed on android from memory while drunk so it's like my own creation. :v: I'm aware it's missing staples, a side deck and a full extra deck.

This Exodia deck was similarly inspired by the AI Library deck but (hopefully :v:) better, with the addition of cards I heard of here and some fat-trimming.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

There aren't that many staples anymore since deck space tends to be kinda tight, but to rattle some off:

Raigeki
Blazing Mirror Force
Snow Rabbit & Ghost Ogre
Maxx C
Effect Veiler
Upstart Goblin
Reckless Greed
Dark Hole
Torrential Tribute
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Dimensional Prison
Mystical Space Typhoon
Galaxy Cyclone
Breakthrough Skill

As for your deck, having 3 Labrodidite Dragons is kinda excessive and you want to trim your deck size to 40 since Hieratics are very reliant on their combo plays.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

There aren't that many staples anymore since deck space tends to be kinda tight, but to rattle some off:

Raigeki
Blazing Mirror Force
Snow Rabbit & Ghost Ogre
Maxx C
Effect Veiler
Upstart Goblin
Reckless Greed
Dark Hole
Torrential Tribute
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Dimensional Prison
Mystical Space Typhoon
Galaxy Cyclone
Breakthrough Skill

As for your deck, having 3 Labrodidite Dragons is kinda excessive and you want to trim your deck size to 40 since Hieratics are very reliant on their combo plays.
I like Storming Mirror Force better then Blazing. There's too many cards that can avoid destruction or trigger in the graveyard these days.

Also don't forget Eccentric Archfiend! Even in non-Pendulum decks, she's a powerful, versatile monster!

AlphaKretin posted:

Thanks for all the replies. I sorta figured you just go with an archetype but was more wondering if there was any way to learn staples/more than just 3x what comes up in YGOPro search or if it just came with experience. I'm guessing the latter. I'll keep wights in mind (and also want to make a Kozmo deck because come on :iia:) but I have scraped together two decks I wouldn't mind advice on.

This Hieratic deck was, uh, inspired by the wiki but reconstructed on android from memory while drunk so it's like my own creation. :v: I'm aware it's missing staples, a side deck and a full extra deck.

This Exodia deck was similarly inspired by the AI Library deck but (hopefully :v:) better, with the addition of cards I heard of here and some fat-trimming.
Please don't play Exodia, it's a boring solitaire deck and people will usually quit on you while you're busy going through the motions of drawing your entire deck in one turn.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah I meant Storming, I hate how interchangeable their names are. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They should've just called it Air Force

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for my Shaddolls deck. It is pure shaddolls right now, but I also have the star seraph engine and matching XYZ's that I am not using right now.

Monsters:

3x Shaddoll Falco
3x Shaddoll Squamata
2x Shaddoll Hedgehog
2x Shaddoll Beast
1x Shaddoll Dragon
3x Mathematician
2x Effect Veiler
1x Peropero Cerberus
1x Felis, Lightsworn Archer
1x BLS Envoy
1x Denko Sekka

Spells:

3x El Shaddoll Fusion
2x Shaddoll Fusion
1x Raigeki
1x Foolish Burial
1x Book of Moon
1x Mind control
1x Soul Charge

Traps:

2x Sinister Shadow Games
2x Mistake
2x Shaddoll Core
1x Ring of Destruction
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Vanity's Emptiness
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

Extra:

3x El Shaddoll Construct
2x El Shaddoll Winda
2x El Shaddoll Shekhinaga
1x El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis

1x Samsara, Dragon of Rebirth
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
1x Arcanite Magician
1x Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
1x Star Eater

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
You have way too many traps for a shaddoll deck. Consider running 2 denko and getting rid of compulse, for one. I'd also run one core, since you're not running the fire fusion. You only have one real target for core (unless you're synchroing for star eater), and despite grysta being pretty good, nobody really plays him. you also have a good amount of targets for shek (you could also put in maxx "c" for her)

also I'd recommend armades over samsara.

goyo is really up to you, I prefer HTS psyhemuth or nothung the starlight. but 2800 level 6 is still really good.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

You have way too many traps for a shaddoll deck. Consider running 2 denko and getting rid of compulse, for one. I'd also run one core, since you're not running the fire fusion. You only have one real target for core (unless you're synchroing for star eater), and despite grysta being pretty good, nobody really plays him. you also have a good amount of targets for shek (you could also put in maxx "c" for her)

also I'd recommend armades over samsara.

goyo is really up to you, I prefer HTS psyhemuth or nothung the starlight. but 2800 level 6 is still really good.

I run two cores both because of the two card synchro for star eater and the graveyard effect. Fusing a core and another shaddoll and then getting your fusion card back is really useful, so is sending core with squamata if you need a fusion card in a pinch. I do have a grysta that I'm seriously considering running, it was crazy effective against my mates pendulum deck when I played him on devpro. I'd probably drop either samsara or a shek for Grysta. I'm seriously considering maxx "C", though I feel I'd clog a lot with earth fusion targets though unless I drop a math. Fair call on the traps though, I have compulse/bottomless/torrential etc just because ~staples~. I should probably drop some of the traps for more dolls cards but I don't really know what would be best there. I'd go two denkos but I don't really want to drop another $20 on one, so I am considering a thunder king rai oh.

I might be wrong but Goyo seems pretty bloody amazing to me. 2800 beater and you can steal your opponent's monsters for fusions and synchros.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Is the steam group invite only or is the join button just missing from the mobile layout? Same name as on here if the former.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

BurritoJustice posted:

I run two cores both because of the two card synchro for star eater and the graveyard effect. Fusing a core and another shaddoll and then getting your fusion card back is really useful, so is sending core with squamata if you need a fusion card in a pinch. I do have a grysta that I'm seriously considering running, it was crazy effective against my mates pendulum deck when I played him on devpro. I'd probably drop either samsara or a shek for Grysta. I'm seriously considering maxx "C", though I feel I'd clog a lot with earth fusion targets though unless I drop a math. Fair call on the traps though, I have compulse/bottomless/torrential etc just because ~staples~. I should probably drop some of the traps for more dolls cards but I don't really know what would be best there. I'd go two denkos but I don't really want to drop another $20 on one, so I am considering a thunder king rai oh.

I might be wrong but Goyo seems pretty bloody amazing to me. 2800 beater and you can steal your opponent's monsters for fusions and synchros.

Rai-oh is great, yeah, can't go wrong there. Denko is getting a reprint soon in the tins so you might as well wait, I suppose.

edit: you can drop the bottomless, compulse and ring (I haven't liked ring since its errata) for a third mistake, another beast (great in the mirror for when you have a fusion out, you can just tribute set beast so you don't leave a face-up extra deck card out), and allure of darkness (unless you really don't like banishing dolls)

or just 3 upstart goblins! consistency's never a bad thing.

Koguma fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 29, 2015

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

After looking it up, I'm not sure whether to be amused at the sheer amount of Konami video game references (I mean Sexy Parodius, really?) or disappointed that there are too many to practically make a deck out of.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

Rai-oh is great, yeah, can't go wrong there. Denko is getting a reprint soon in the tins so you might as well wait, I suppose.

edit: you can drop the bottomless, compulse and ring (I haven't liked ring since its errata) for a third mistake, another beast (great in the mirror for when you have a fusion out, you can just tribute set beast so you don't leave a face-up extra deck card out), and allure of darkness (unless you really don't like banishing dolls)

or just 3 upstart goblins! consistency's never a bad thing.

Can I ask why you think the traps don't suit the deck? They seem quite useful to me to have the reactionary plays, and they seem quite popular in the competitive dolls decks I've seen online too. Just curious.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BurritoJustice posted:

Can I ask why you think the traps don't suit the deck? They seem quite useful to me to have the reactionary plays, and they seem quite popular in the competitive dolls decks I've seen online too. Just curious.

It's more a matter of how may traps you run. Too many makes Shaddolls clunky and inconsistent with their Fusion plays, and it directly conflicts with Denko Sekka.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

BurritoJustice posted:

most of the traps you see in that deck I made are live most of the time and we flipped up on your opponent's standby or reacting to a search card attempt (mistake; against nekroz and tellar, somewhat ritual beast)

you'll be using core to fuse or chump block, and shadow games is a themed foolish burial that you might plus off of if you have set dolls.

the staple traps usually will have to wait for your opponent to make a play, which means they'll be set for a majority of the time, and this will turn off denko, which is your main way of breezing through backrow since you don't run more than 1 dragon right now.

vanity's is still good though, making a huge board and flipping vanity's is basically "what do I do???? no mst? *scoop*" but sometimes you can lock yourself out.

It's up to you, don't let me tell you how to play, if you have success with your build then you might just have your build suited to your tournament scene which differs everywhere. most builds I've seen are trapless somewhat and only have core and mistake and don't even run shadow games. I personally think it's good, though.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

most of the traps you see in that deck I made are live most of the time and we flipped up on your opponent's standby or reacting to a search card attempt (mistake; against nekroz and tellar, somewhat ritual beast)

you'll be using core to fuse or chump block, and shadow games is a themed foolish burial that you might plus off of if you have set dolls.

the staple traps usually will have to wait for your opponent to make a play, which means they'll be set for a majority of the time, and this will turn off denko, which is your main way of breezing through backrow since you don't run more than 1 dragon right now.

vanity's is still good though, making a huge board and flipping vanity's is basically "what do I do???? no mst? *scoop*" but sometimes you can lock yourself out.

It's up to you, don't let me tell you how to play, if you have success with your build then you might just have your build suited to your tournament scene which differs everywhere. most builds I've seen are trapless somewhat and only have core and mistake and don't even run shadow games. I personally think it's good, though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a super new player (started a month ago) so any input is hugely appreciated. I've ordered a Thunder King and an allure of darkness online, and I'm going to drop two of the traps to fit them in. I'm thinking bottomless and compulse as torrential and ring seem more versatile (torrential kills multiples and triggers all my dolls affects and ring doesn't just have to be on summon). I'm unsure about the upstarts because they seem to be sacrificing utility for consistency with having three cards just to thin the deck. If anything I'd drop another trap for a third veiler, the hand effect is good and level 1 tuners are useful. I also dropped samsara for Grysta considering the two cores.

E: I'd also love archfiend eccentric or ghost ogre but $$$$$

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 30, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just play on YGOPro/Devpro like the rest of us. I have a Physical U.A. deck and a Ghostrick deck (no Alucard though) but nothing more because $$$. (I'm getting the Yugi thing when it comes out for nostalgia sake though)

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

Just play on YGOPro/Devpro like the rest of us. I have a Physical U.A. deck and a Ghostrick deck (no Alucard though) but nothing more because $$$. (I'm getting the Yugi thing when it comes out for nostalgia sake though)

I've an alucard and no ghostrick deck :v:

I'm buying physical because I have a group of mates (10~) who all play the physical game frequently. I do also play devpro with mates, but it is a lot more fun with the physical cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

This thing is terrifying. X-Sabers could probably make good use of it via Miracle Synchro Fusion. :stare:

http://ygorganization.com/poor227/

• Locked thread