Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I went to Planet ComicCon in KC in March. After Amells panel was a panel about comic books and wrestling (very appropriate given the storyline that just played out in WWE). I went to Amells panel just so I could get a good seat at the one after it, I really enjoyed his panel even though I had literally never watched a single episode of Arrow. He was very funny and very good natured. He took time to answer everyones questions and just had a good personality. After that I binged all of Arrow and enjoy the gently caress out of it. I don't like Flash as much and I'm not looking forward to the ATOM spinoff, but I will give it a shot.

Whoa, this is a first. Flash season 1 was leagues better than Arrow season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but he watched all 3 seasons of Arrow.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Other cool things Amell did at Summerslam, if you're into that sort of thing.

A really goddamn stiff looking Yakuza Kick:

A picture perfect Enzuigiri:

This.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 25, 2015

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Aisha Tyler had Stephen Amell on her podcast last year. Great goddamn interview, and really demonstrated that Amell really is that enthusiastic chill dude he appears to be on social media.

He's also honest about his fuckups, especially when he was younger.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cabbit posted:

Other cool things Amell did at Summerslam, if you're into that sort of thing.

[...]

This.

Stephen Amell is a goddamn ninja.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cody must have had a lot of faith in Amell. You really don't want to fool around with a kick to the head.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Cody must have had a lot of faith in Amell. You really don't want to fool around with a kick to the head.

Athlete or not that can be dangerous, you're absolutely right.

Does anyone have any images of what he came out in? I see the wrestling pants or whatever, but wasn't he supposed to wear a mockup of the green arrow suit?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a tiny picture here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/stephen-amell-flies-high-in-wwe-debut

It was a green hooded vest.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

His voice is so whiney.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
He wore the outfit, but it was impractical to wrestle in. If you click the image in the link it'll take you to a larger version.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

I went to Planet ComicCon in KC in March. After Amells panel was a panel about comic books and wrestling (very appropriate given the storyline that just played out in WWE). I went to Amells panel just so I could get a good seat at the one after it, I really enjoyed his panel even though I had literally never watched a single episode of Arrow. He was very funny and very good natured. He took time to answer everyones questions and just had a good personality. After that I binged all of Arrow and enjoy the gently caress out of it. I don't like Flash as much and I'm not looking forward to the ATOM spinoff, but I will give it a shot.

Amell could teach a master class on engagement with fans.

First episode of Vixen is out:
http://www.cwseed.com/shows/vixen/episode-1/?play=f4cef08a-4fd7-4ab5-941a-b97e88800872

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 25, 2015

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Scyantific posted:

Whoa, this is a first. Flash season 1 was leagues better than Arrow season 3.

I thought Season 3 was the weakest of the 3 so far. Flash season 1 isn't bad, I just really don't like the Flash in general so no matter how good the show is I just have a hard time getting into it.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

zoux posted:

Amell could teach a master class on engagement with fans.

First episode of Vixen is out:
http://www.cwseed.com/shows/vixen/episode-1/?play=f4cef08a-4fd7-4ab5-941a-b97e88800872

This is neat, but it's only 3.5 minutes long. I think the trailer they released for the series was longer than the full episode.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I dont know posted:

This is neat, but it's only 3.5 minutes long. I think the trailer they released for the series was longer than the full episode.

Yeah I don't know how well it's going to work. I think the whole thing is only going to be thirty minutes when it's all done.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Oddly enough, there are actually more issues with continuity if you do watch them as they aired back and forth.

Late in the Flash there's a cameo that doesn't make any sense with how things are going on in Arrow.

There is also the ep where Barry saves them from ninja prison then just runs off again. Tthat was pretty :laffo:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

zoux posted:

Yeah I don't know how well it's going to work. I think the whole thing is only going to be thirty minutes when it's all done.

I might just wait until they have all been released and watch them back to back. It's hard to make self contained episodes when they are so short.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't want to spoil it for the guy.

I meant when Ollie shows up to help Barry fight Wells in his League gear.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Here's a decent one interlaced with a meme from reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/R89JdH7.gifv

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Half the episode is Ollie just making dumbfounded faces, I love it.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Nice little bit of news. Before his Summerslam appearance Amell put a shirt commemorating up for sale with a portion of the proceeds going towards a Toronto charity called Emily's House/

The goal was to sell 1,000 shirts.

They sold 15,689 shirts.

In 6 days they raised $228,870.60 US for the charity.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Holy poo poo. :eyepop:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

VBane posted:

Nice little bit of news. Before his Summerslam appearance Amell put a shirt commemorating up for sale with a portion of the proceeds going towards a Toronto charity called Emily's House/

They sold 15,689 shirts.

For the curious. It looks well made rather than a thrown together cash-in.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I thought Season 3 was the weakest of the 3 so far. Flash season 1 isn't bad, I just really don't like the Flash in general so no matter how good the show is I just have a hard time getting into it.

Ok so after finishing Flash season 1 I think it was bad loving rear end and I loved it. I felt like it ended in a weird spot but i didn't mind.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Ok so after finishing Flash season 1 I think it was bad loving rear end and I loved it. I felt like it ended in a weird spot but i didn't mind.

Welcome to the Church of Flash :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VBane posted:

They sold 15,689 shirts.

I've bought a shirt from each of his campaigns so far and will probably continue to do so with each future one.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

VBane posted:

They sold 15,689 shirts.

Dude is good at promoting charity because he's a honestly nice guy and comes off as rather genuine. I always get the impression that he's aware that he lucked out into a pretty awesome job, so he comes across as down-to-earth rather than snooty like a lot of celebrities.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It must suck being another Amell though. Imagine being at a family reunion next to Stephen and Robbie when you're Dave Amell, chubby junior accountant.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Whizbang posted:

It must suck being another Amell though. Imagine being at a family reunion next to Stephen and Robbie when you're Dave Amell, chubby junior accountant.

Pfft, we all know the Amells are a race of genetically modified clones kept in the basement of the CW studio. They pull out another one when the need a leading man for a new show.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

I dont know posted:

I linked the charity here twice. :ssh:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to be away from home for the first month of Arrow/Flash, what's the easiest way for me to catch the episodes after they air using my iPad (I'm in the jolly old UK)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Does CWTV have an iOS app? And does it work in the UK?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Does CWTV have an iOS app? And does it work in the UK?

There is definitely a CW app for iPad, but I'm not sure if it works in the UK.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no way on an iPad outside the country.

You can't VPN those because they use the GPS for location, not IP tracing.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:negative:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Presumably, whoever licensed the show in the UK offers it is some manner. Check and see if they have an app.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

I dont know posted:

I think they were at around 8000 shirts sold and Stardust tweeted "if they sell 10,000, he'd turn up to hand over the cheque personally."

The feud between Amell and Stardust was done so well, do you think they'd get him a cameo on Arrow?

spookygonk fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 30, 2015

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

spookygonk posted:

The feud between Amell and Stardust was done so well, do you think they'd get him a cameo on Arrow?

If only the club was still a thing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

devoir posted:

If only the club was still a thing.

Every Crime Fighting organization needs a good front to potentially launder money through. A Bar wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. Actually with Drink prices being variable as gently caress it's probably pretty good.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Dexo posted:

Every Crime Fighting organization needs a good front to potentially launder money through. A Bar wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. Actually with Drink prices being variable as gently caress it's probably pretty good.

If he was just doing a cameo, every villain needs some mooks to get beat up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Just bring back maybe-not-dead wildcat and use his gym for some sort of "old rival" tie in or some poo poo. I think it'd be dumb as hell but would automatically be better than most of season 3 hey oh

• Locked thread