Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

more like you're going to get so much pussy in that thing

unfortunately eve is like 95% male so you could probably loan it to deadtear and make him happy

Jump freighter alt spotted, I'm not blue yet.

He's not a JF pilot, he's a Nyx sitter, dummy.

oo snipe you'll love this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Summoning :ullerm:

I found you a band.
Okilly Dokilly

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

darth cookie posted:

Counterpoint;

if some fuckknuckle drops 150 bubbles on a gate causing your UI to crash when you load grid and drops you to 1fps trying to warp away, petition that poo poo.
Counter-counterpoint: How else are you going to catch a nullified cloaky t3 Cruiser than filling the grid with stuff that'll decloak it?

Is the problem the person doing high-lag and BS grid clogging or is it the mechanic that is forcing the person to clog the grid in order to get what they want?
Yeah forcing TiDi to do it is wrong and bad for the game, but the same is said for nullification too.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Agrikk posted:

I just received an email to resub and announcing the latest release and stuff from CCP and one of the little snippets was a RP thing about some Amarr empress being killed by Drifters.

Of all the :ccp: poo poo, for some reason this one caught in my craw. With all the instantaneous cloning and such, who cares if she got prodded? Wouldn't she just wake up milliseconds later in a station somewhere?

Can anyone interested in lore explain the big whoop around this for me?

Although if she hadn't updated her medical station and she woke up in the drone regions or something...

The Amarr Emperor and Heirs are not allowed to clone, nor become a capsuleer. (This is called the Sacred Flesh doctrine.) They have to keep their bodies alive via cellular regenerators and implants instead. For this reason, Amarr Emperors live maybe ~500 years at most.

When an Emperor dies, one of the five Heirs is picked to be the new Emperor; the other four heirs commit ritual suicide. This gives the empire a lot of stability -- the emperors change with some regularity, nobody does any usurpation stunts unless they're 100% sure that they'll succeed, and power is concentrated in entire families rather than figureheads.

Before she became Empress, she was a Sarum Heir, roughly ten years ago; she lost her succession trial and killed herself. She broke Amarr religious laws by having herself cloned before her death, telling the galaxy that she had been brought back to life as a miracle of the Amarrian God. (However, the cloning process was flawed, producing the Other -- which is why the Drifters came after her.) This is why a handful of Amarrian holdouts never formally recognized Jamyl as Empress while she was alive.

If she cloned herself once, she might do it again; Jamyl Sarum 3.0 may be out there somewhere. However, the chances of her being recognized as Empress again are slim.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 29, 2015

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

Counter-counterpoint: How else are you going to catch a nullified cloaky t3 Cruiser than filling the grid with stuff that'll decloak it?

Is the problem the person doing high-lag and BS grid clogging or is it the mechanic that is forcing the person to clog the grid in order to get what they want?
Yeah forcing TiDi to do it is wrong and bad for the game, but the same is said for nullification too.

I don't actually care about dropping stuff for decloak catches. Its a valid tactic so long as the primary goal isn't to cause the other guy's game to crash. That's the difference. There's no practical advantage to deploying 150 bubbles practically on top of each other as apposed to say 10. The only reason why you'd do that many is to try to cause UI lag/crash to give you an unfair advantage.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Space mines, evoke cheetah, 1000 corpses in a t1 hauler

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

The 500 Supers and Titans that would need a new home.

Like PL has been picky about poaching corps.

Has that changed since Pheobe? You guys used to snag any retard with a super, even if he needs a video tutorial on how to log in.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

CainFortea posted:

Has that changed since Pheobe? You guys used to snag any retard with a super, even if he needs a video tutorial on how to log in.

+ hurley

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Crapping out as many shuttles as a hauler can carry while undocking in jita never gets old, I wonder if this can be utilised elsewhere.

I decided to create a new character as humble bundle did a thing.
applied to greater goon, oh ghod. why am I doing this.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

staberind posted:

humble bundle did a thing.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/eveonline_storefront - $3.99 for 30 days game time and a 14-day +9 attribute boost.

I think the Power of 2 deal still beats this for an alt account (esp. with plex currently 10% off) but I would think upgrading a referral account with the Humble Bundle pack still gives you the 30days or 1 plex reward on the referring account?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CainFortea posted:

Honestly, I haven't really played seriously since Phoebe dropped because it pretty much obliterated the way I played EVE so I'm not really sure. That's also not my spread sheet, it just showed up on my google sheets yesterday morning so I have no idea how accurate that is.

For the record, I still don't play EVE very much, but I traded up PL for GSF (time commitments and what not).

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

PL picked up CYNOU & Cataclysm Enterprises (some German corp) since Phoebe. Not sure how super/titan heavy they were individually though.

CYNOU is basically the bulk of Overload Everything who were pretty good friends with us. I don't know much about the krauts.

Edit - Also BL are supposedly bailing on Fountain.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 29, 2015

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I wonder who's going to want to live in Fountain when the Imperium will inevitably burn it all to the ground as soon as someone becomes established.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

darth cookie posted:

Counterpoint;

if some fuckknuckle drops 150 bubbles on a gate causing your UI to crash when you load grid and drops you to 1fps trying to warp away, petition that poo poo.

I would consider that legitimate game play :shrug:

Then again petitioning stuff is arguably part of the ~*~metagame~*~

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

blowfish posted:

Your client crashing is gameplay? I suppose you think tidi is unnecessary for large scale conflicts, then? People black screening and dying is just part of the game, get good.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ullerrm posted:

The Amarr Emperor and Heirs are not allowed to clone, nor become a capsuleer. (This is called the Sacred Flesh doctrine.) They have to keep their bodies alive via cellular regenerators and implants instead. For this reason, Amarr Emperors live maybe ~500 years at most.

When an Emperor dies, one of the five Heirs is picked to be the new Emperor; the other four heirs commit ritual suicide. This gives the empire a lot of stability -- the emperors change with some regularity, nobody does any usurpation stunts unless they're 100% sure that they'll succeed, and power is concentrated in entire families rather than figureheads.

Before she became Empress, she was a Sarum Heir, roughly ten years ago; she lost her succession trial and killed herself. She broke Amarr religious laws by having herself cloned before her death, telling the galaxy that she had been brought back to life as a miracle of the Amarrian God. (However, the cloning process was flawed, producing the Other -- which is why the Drifters came after her.) This is why a handful of Amarrian holdouts never formally recognized Jamyl as Empress while she was alive.

If she cloned herself once, she might do it again; Jamyl Sarum 3.0 may be out there somewhere. However, the chances of her being recognized as Empress again are slim.

See, people DO care about lore.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Hazdoc posted:

Your client crashing is gameplay? I suppose you think tidi is unnecessary for large scale conflicts, then? People black screening and dying is just part of the game, get good.

:ccp: probably considers this a feature.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

blowfish posted:

My point is that 150 bubbles is no more effective in interdicting a gang than 10, the only reason to drop that many is to create a crash. Personally I feel that's an exploit, but then I never played during the days of spamming local to cause deliberate soul crushing lag and all the other 1001 tricks of the old days. Horses for courses. :shrug:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I was superhyperdunking, then someone reported me to CCP and got a gm to delete all my shuttles. He killed them one at a time with his god powers.

CCP won't give you a number, but I can tell you for free anything over 100 and they are more likely than not to deem it in violation.
This amount absolutely causes client lag so I don't know why you don't see the issue.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

ScreamingLlama posted:

Yet no-one cares about you.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

DarkMalfunction posted:

Yet no-one cares about you.

careful, i almost cut myself on this post's edge

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I care about lore. I do not care about data

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Luigi Thirty posted:

positronic lives matter

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

darth cookie posted:

My point is that 150 bubbles is no more effective in interdicting a gang than 10, the only reason to drop that many is to create a crash. Personally I feel that's an exploit, but then I never played during the days of spamming local to cause deliberate soul crushing lag and all the other 1001 tricks of the old days. Horses for courses. :shrug:

Spamming local never created lag. Chat rooms, like local, worked flawlessly even during the node crashing. That was how the whole "AKTIVATE PETITION BOOSTER" thing started. I think it was the final XZH fight with the nazis, they said in local that they were going to petition, since we were using local to crash the node.

quote:

:golfclap:

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.

ScreamingLlama posted:

follow-up question: how can Maximilian Singularity be "first of his name" if he's also "the sixth"?? mods???

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
That loving commentary about TNT. CCP dropping bombs about null pilots inability to fly without an anchor :smugbert:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

scribe jones posted:

follow-up question: how can Maximilian Singularity be "first of his name" if he's also "the sixth"?? mods???

Space Pope, cmon man, the Pope chooses a new name upon his coronation, so why wouldn't the Space Pope do the same?

A whole lot of old dudes

WhiteHalo117
Jul 5, 2013

Surprise!!!

MorsAnima posted:

That loving commentary about TNT. CCP dropping bombs about null pilots inability to fly without an anchor :smugbert:

We can fly without an anchor, we're just bad at it...

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
wd with the propmod TNT

:psyduck:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

:downsowned:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

grumplestiltzkin posted:

positronic lives matter

:vince:

:riker:

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

scribe jones posted:

never ask the forbidden question again or risk a ban.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
It took a little while to figure out what was wrong with that scimitar. Nice job TNT, ya dingus.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Fix Lag posted:

It took a little while to figure out what was wrong with that scimitar. Nice job TNT, ya dingus.

Enlighten the less :ullerrm: of us, and explain whats wrong with it?

Ptylerdactyl
Aug 3, 2015

Wulfling posted:

Enlighten the less :ullerrm: of us, and explain whats wrong with it?

undersized prop mod, 5mn mwd on a cruiser.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
With the same sig radius bloom and capacitor nerf as a properly sized MWD. All the drawback, for a speed increase about as forceful as a cough.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Which method of generating a killright will have the lowest security status hit to the aggressor?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

causticBeet posted:

Which method of generating a killright will have the lowest security status hit to the aggressor?

Shooting someone but not killing them or their pod. Or maybe it's shooting a ship but not a pod.

Either way, the sec status hit is not constant, but rather affected by the security of the system and your sec status. I.e., higher security systems have bigger sec status hits, and the higher your sec status, the bigger the hit. But the rule of thumb is 0.1 for each gcc aggression once you're below 0 for non-capsule ships.

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 29, 2015

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Ptylerdactyl posted:

undersized prop mod, 5mn mwd on a cruiser.

Oh. I've not logged in since the prop mods got redone, so I don't know what sizes are for what anymore.

E; Is there a reason they went from the old number system to the new one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Wulfling posted:

Oh. I've not logged in since the prop mods got redone, so I don't know what sizes are for what anymore.

E; Is there a reason they went from the old number system to the new one?

ABs and MWDs have separate numbers now -- the former is 1/10/100, the latter is 5/50/500. Makes it easier for newbies to tell apart, and for market guys to type in.

• Locked thread