Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

Too bad for you, the title refers to Damon's character who will prove he is better than Neil Armstrong by inventing the pirate-ninja measurement unit while on Mars.

Here's a movie that probably has aliens, though.

the grim reboot of Mork and Mindy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Free Drinks posted:

To turn back to posters, I can't remember how it showed up in my amazon searches but Cherry 2000 has an absolutely killer poster.

The movie seems pretty lovely, though in a way I enjoy, but that poster can't get up on my wall soon enough.

I really, really like Cherry 2000 and I'm not sure I can accurately describe why. It's a dreamy, weird movie. And the characters are hilarious (especially one of the villains).

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Free Drinks posted:

I know it's a dumb thing to continue on with, but it still is really uprising people would pronounce it like bi-opic rather than bio-pic. I always assumed the word came from smashing 'biography' and 'picture' together so that is how you would say it.

To turn back to posters, I can't remember how it showed up in my amazon searches but Cherry 2000 has an absolutely killer poster.

The movie seems pretty lovely, though in a way I enjoy, but that poster can't get up on my wall soon enough.

Generally crappy movie but good for young people with an eighties fascination. They seem to think that everything from that decade looked like an episode of McGyver.

EDIT: Why is Galaxy of Terror on Blu Ray? :psyduck:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Free Drinks posted:

I know it's a dumb thing to continue on with, but it still is really uprising people would pronounce it like bi-opic rather than bio-pic. I always assumed the word came from smashing 'biography' and 'picture' together so that is how you would say it.

Budget: $10 million
Box office: $14,000

quote:

In the year 2017, the United States has suffered a series of civil insurrections and economic downturns, fragmenting into post-apocalyptic wastelands and limited civilized areas. One of the effects of the economic crisis is a decline in manufacturing, and heavy emphasis on recycling aging 20th Century mechanical equipment. At the same time, robotic technology has made tremendous developments, and female androids (or "gynoids") are used as substitutes for wives. Society has become increasingly bureaucratic and hypersexualized, with the declining human sexual encounters requiring contracts drawn up by lawyers prior to sexual activity.

"gynoids"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

After railing against people using "chomping at the bit" rather than the correct term "champing at the bit" people were wrong long enough that it went into the dictionary and ruined my argument.

I'm going to do the same to bi-o-pic just to spite this thread. Coming to an online dictionary near you.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

No one pronounces it throatwarblermangrove?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

kiimo posted:

After railing against people using "chomping at the bit" rather than the correct term "champing at the bit" people were wrong long enough that it went into the dictionary and ruined my argument.

They both mean the exact same thing unless you're going out of your way to intentionally use an archaic and lesser-known definition of the word. You've alwaya been wrong and even if you weren't you would still be insufferable.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

Sleeveless posted:

They both mean the exact same thing unless you're going out of your way to intentionally use an archaic and lesser-known definition of the word. You've alwaya been wrong and even if you weren't you would still be insufferable.

I feel like we should be nice to Kiimo, as they're the one with all the cool industry insider information super relevant to this thread (even if they don't know how to pronounce words).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sleeveless posted:

LOL ya try to be funny...

Chomping at the bit does not mean the exact same thing if you hang around horse people, the bit is behind their teeth. There are no teeth there, therefore chomping on it is impossible. Champing is the only correct version according to AP, the holy bible of grammar. So I may be insufferable but at least I'm not wrong.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sleeveless posted:

Is today irony post day?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

In celebration of this awkward moment I bring you an awkward poster for a decent movie.

It's like something from The Thing, a horrible amalgamation.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That movie rules and so does Pele.

...the futball player. Definitely not the Dear Richard freakout chick.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Dick Trauma posted:

In celebration of this awkward moment I bring you an awkward poster for a decent movie.

He had two guys in his pocket. Amazing

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

I am assuming that this means the movie is filled with Jim Rose Circus performers and The Enigma will eat the monster.

Or both Charles Nelson Reilly and his alter-ego, Jose Chung, come back from the grave.

flosofl posted:

Budget: $10 million
Box office: $14,000

"gynoids"

"Gynoid" is technically what female-looking humanoid robots are called, since "android" is derived from the Greek root "andr-" meaning "male".

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 28, 2015

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Dick Trauma posted:

These MGSV posters are getting really esoteric.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Here's some more posters from Ghana; hopefully not too many repeats from earlier posts:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Allen Wren posted:

I think I'm starting to get to the point where I assume any poster I see where there's no useful information and I have no clue what the gently caress the deal is supposed to be is Hunger Games

District 13 was an awesome movie.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Well now I really need to see Scanner Cop

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alien vs Predator 6?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Holy poo poo, the Scanner cop poster is awesome.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Starring Ronald D. Moore....in The Thing!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

That's a surprisingly close depiction of Bruce Campbell considering the other posters in that bunch.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

muscles like this? posted:

The American version is less terrible towards the female character.

It also doesn't have a sequel in which a neo-Nazi high fives several ethnic minorities as they mutually stick it to the Man.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

Alien vs Predator 6?

I think that's supposed to be a flourish of the "R". Or a 6. Who knows with these posters.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I see how the 6 connects to R now, you're probably right. A Godzilla-Alien is a great idea though, Ghana's onto something.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Vagabundo posted:

Who would've guessed that there would be an even worse stupid loving derail than the Mondo posters poo poo? Trust you cunts to go and find one.

holy moly is there an Interstellar sequel already ??

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Actually, it's a Prometheus prequel.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Fayez Butts posted:

Clean is ok, fits within the Apple design language but all white is really boring. Just changing the background and text a little bit makes a big difference imo

it only really just hit me how loving stupid it sounds. "steve jobs". "Hello I'd like two tickets please for the movie steve jobs".

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Calico Heart posted:

it only really just hit me how loving stupid it sounds. "steve jobs". "Hello I'd like two tickets please for the movie steve jobs".

?????????????????????? no it doesnt

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
The cursor at the end makes it seem like they're ready to delete it as soon as they come up with a real title.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I mean pretty much every movie sounds stupid if you preface it with "the movie." You sound like a confused grandfather trying to take his grandkids to a movie.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Dr. Hurt posted:

I mean pretty much every movie sounds stupid if you preface it with "the movie." You sound like a confused grandfather trying to take his grandkids to a movie.

"The movie the LEGO Movie"

Wendell
May 11, 2003

*wheels out cardboard standee of Steve Jobs* Oh, you meant you wanted to see the movie? I was confused because you did not tell me, the ticket seller at a movie theatre, that you wanted to see "the movie Steve Jobs," as is the common parlance in our land

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You could probably get away with asking for a ticket to "that apple movie."

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Calico Heart posted:

Hello i'd like two tickets please for the movie Michael Clayton

Hello i'd like two tickets please for the movie John Wick

Hello i'd like two tickets please for the movie Veronica Mars

Hello i'd like two tickets please for the movie Thor

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set commits a fax paws.

Working Daze something something politics.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix just wants attention.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Edit: whoops, wrong thread.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
:froggonk:

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
I would watch the gently caress out of a John Waters-directed Dinette Set movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Dinette Set commits a fax paws.

Working Daze something something politics.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix just wants attention.

Better than Twilight :v: