Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Guuuh drat you GTX 560 be good like you were like, 4 years ago :( 20 USD for a PC version would be nice instead of 90+ AUD for a console one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yeah :( But at least we can bask in only having to do an hour long install, instead of the day or so download some people are stuck with.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Croccers posted:

Guuuh drat you GTX 560 be good like you were like, 4 years ago :( 20 USD for a PC version would be nice instead of 90+ AUD for a console one.

poo poo man you can buy a couple at 20, wait for the preorder sale to end, and flip the keys for $30/40. Take the Mad Max risk and self fund that new card!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Really liked the sound of that ingame soundtrack music during the prologue, feels appropriate to the franchise.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Well that's one way to make an interesting villain. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain

tamphex
Jun 21, 2003

Rodney-CK posted:

I took advantage of this. Too good to pass up. Key validated just fine. Thanks for this!

Likewise, much appreciated for the share! Even though I'll be in hospital for a week from Monday, this will give me something to look forward to when getting out.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Huh, he gets his dog straight from the main villain? Nice.

Now I'm... fuuuuck. So many good games coming out all of a sudden. Why was summer such a dry spell?!

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Holy poo poo I didn't know you could drive in first person, I'm so freaking excited now. I'm weirdly anticipating this more than MGS5 (probably because I have yet to finish Peace Walker first)

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jesus christ that's brutal.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
That intro was certainly something. :stonklol:

So this is the third time Max loses his Interceptor. :sigh: I hope we can get it back in the end despite building the Magnum Opus, or get to build an exact replica. I really want to drive around the desert in that black beauty.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Mad Max: Sisyphus With Cars

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Meta-Mollusk posted:

That intro was certainly something. :stonklol:

So this is the third time Max loses his Interceptor. :sigh: I hope we can get it back in the end despite building the Magnum Opus, or get to build an exact replica. I really want to drive around the desert in that black beauty.

I've seen screenshots where it has the chrome Interceptor body ala Fury Road I believe, so odds are it's in the game in some form :v:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

T1g4h posted:

I've seen screenshots where it has the chrome Interceptor body ala Fury Road I believe, so odds are it's in the game in some form :v:

Yeah, there is a car body called "The Wild Hunt" that resembles the Interceptor. Definitely going for that for my first playthrough.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I love what I've seen of the car combat and I'm hoping it gets deeper. I believe it did but the gameplay trailers have all started at the same point.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Capn Beeb posted:

Oh nice, was wondering if this would have a preload. Anyone gotten their keys from GMG yet?
Just got my key from GMG right now

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I saw some random IGN video saying that the map is limitless and you can just keep driving forever like it's Trackmania or something, but that's gotta be bullshit, right?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

I saw some random IGN video saying that the map is limitless and you can just keep driving forever like it's Trackmania or something, but that's gotta be bullshit, right?

If you leave the edge of the play field it'll randomly generate storms and terrain as you drive out. Near as I can tell it's going to be entirely a fatal choice to do so, but there might be some achievement or something for "Survive off map for X minutes". As for how random the random generation is, who knows.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Hakkesshu posted:

When you drive past the edge, the game wil generate flatter and flatter empty, random terrain, and very dangerous and very bountiful storms. Forever.

Edit: Argh.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

gently caress yes, pre-loading on Steam right now :neckbeard:

This is gonna be a long weekend :v:

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
You know I was worried they were gonna gently caress up Max's characterization really fast and make him a generic doof but the first objective in the game is to save a dog he affectionately calls Dog so :3:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just got my GMG key. If you ordered from them, check your inbox!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

If you leave the edge of the play field it'll randomly generate storms and terrain as you drive out. Near as I can tell it's going to be entirely a fatal choice to do so, but there might be some achievement or something for "Survive off map for X minutes". As for how random the random generation is, who knows.

The big reason to risk the storms is that they apparently contain large caches of scrap. It's a risk/reward thing.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Those who got keys, how big is the download and what is the space requirement/install size after preload?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

drunkill posted:

Those who got keys, how big is the download and what is the space requirement/install size after preload?

Steam says 32 GB when I click Preload. I haven't actually preloaded it yet.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I figure for $20 I can now safely take the risk even if I don't play it until after I finish Phantom Pain. Worst comes to worst I'm out a $20.

This was my reasoning too. It's unlikely to be cheaper for a while and I can jump right into it after I am done with PP.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 29, 2015

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Size on disk is 32 gigs, download is 24.6

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Just got the GMG keys so CYM if you ordered there.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

evil_bunnY posted:

Just got the GMG keys so CYM if you ordered there.

Yessss! Gmg gj!

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.
Got mine too. Gonna download tonight.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Looks like my first time using GMG didn't gently caress me and the preload size doesn't even look that big. I keep forgeting that Avalanche isn't a part of SE and will not put 30 gigs of compressed cutscenes in this game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Crabtree posted:

Looks like my first time using GMG didn't gently caress me and the preload size doesn't even look that big. I keep forgeting that Avalanche isn't a part of SE and will not put 30 gigs of compressed cutscenes in this game.

oh yeah. its all in game. thats cool. i wish more devs did in-game cutscenes.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

...and I'm over here thinking "Yep, can't wait to get down to the brick-and-morter EB Games at Kingsway Garden Mall at midnight and get my hard copy of Mad Max."

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Is it possible to get this in the US today on Steam somehow?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

revmoo posted:

Is it possible to get this in the US today on Steam somehow?

Maybe, using a New Zealand VPN? The MGS5 thread was talking about unlocking their game a day early with that recently.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

You know I was worried they were gonna gently caress up Max's characterization really fast and make him a generic doof but the first objective in the game is to save a dog he affectionately calls Dog so :3:

Heh, I like that. Nice for tough-guy protagonists to have a soft spot.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Look, war boys won't be saved until you find something bigger than a Chainsaw spear to kill Scrotus with, but that Dog's scared and wounded.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Capn Beeb posted:

Maybe, using a New Zealand VPN? The MGS5 thread was talking about unlocking their game a day early with that recently.

Doing some probing around with a few different locations on VPN I couldn't find one that gave me a favourable unlock time. My(British) unlock time shows 2 days and 3 hours from now, Australia shows the same. New Zealand and Singapore show 2 days and 5 hours from now, so they're even worse off. If someone finds anything to the contrary please update the thread, I'd love to play it early as it's a British holiday on Monday but I can't find anything that suggest PC will get a break.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Got my GMG code. Preloaded Mad Max on Steam.

Now waiting. :(

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

JFC posted:

Got my GMG code. Preloaded Mad Max on Steam.

Now waiting. :(

It's gonna unlock at midnight of the 31st. It's just a weekend away, man.

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
It's finally in the top 10 on Steam. Looks like Max is getting some last minute hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
The oodles of cheap Steam codes probably helped. :v:

• Locked thread