Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Choco1980 posted:

Also if you're trying for no-kills, the Fatman fight is such a p in the d on higher difficulties. The M9 does barely anything to his lifebar.

Fatman was my first wall I hit when I played on extreme for the first time. I can take him out no problem on every other difficulty, but on extreme he takes a million hits, and his bomb timers start at like nine seconds. It's brutal, if you're not actively knocking him down and freezing the bombs before he starts the timer, you can't win since he drops like five or six at a time.

On a more fun note, if you freeze all the bombs before he can start the timer, he'll shake the detonator and have a question mark over his head because he doesn't know why they haven't activated :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Any chance of a Grace episode where she's the one behind the controller? Doesn't have to be long, I'm just curious at how good she is at playing Metal Gear.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Kal-L posted:

Any chance of a Grace episode where she's the one behind the controller? Doesn't have to be long, I'm just curious at how good she is at playing Metal Gear.
Just don't make her do the flooded maze section.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Grace lives in the states and has no capture card, so unfortunately that won't be possible.

we might have something special planned for peace walker though :ssh:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:siren:Let's Play Metal Gear Solid 2 Episode 8 - You Must Be Ames :siren:

So during this recording, Steam decided that was the perfect time to update like twenty games, which killed my bandwidth and took a lot out of my CPU, which isn't that great in the first place. I managed to save almost all of the footage, but if I left in the choppy footage, Megui and premiere just straight up refused to render the entire thing. I managed to fix it in my normal subtle way, you probably won't notice.

Also just a side note, if you're going to be playing Phantom Pain on PS4, add me on PSN at "Kamachiya". I need more people to help my descent into self destruction via revenge. I probably won't steal your pups.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Haha, the Ames hunt. Apparently in at least the original version (not sure if also true in Substance) the rest of the hostages besides Ames and Jennifer will change depending on your system clock's time. Sometimes they're the variety seen here, sometimes they're all old women, and sometimes they're all men in suits. I got the latter my first time playing, and between that and Jennifer's heartbeat being wildly different from everyone else (due to being scared shitless) I assumed she was Ames. Then I started harassing her and insisting she was. She got more and more pissed then alerted the guards. Also another pervy thing you can do with her (and other women) is if you hit L3 while the directional mic is on her, Raiden will list off her bra size. Stay classy Kojima.

Also, I'm SO HAPPY you showed off Johnny in this scene. I hope you show off the other things you can do with the directional microphone later.

Oh and one more tangential thing--in theory in Voudoun mythology, a single person can produce both a ghost and a zombie.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"Emma was saying Otacon's name over and over? Why? Why just his name?

:stare:

:catstare:

goddamit Kojima"

Man the Emmerich family has issues.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Choco1980 posted:

Also, I'm SO HAPPY you showed off Johnny in this scene. I hope you show off the other things you can do with the directional microphone later.

Oh and one more tangential thing--in theory in Voudoun mythology, a single person can produce both a ghost and a zombie.

If you mean during the sniper fight, we definitely showed them off :v: including the codec call involved

Also hell yeah Samedi's always got my back

SSNeoman posted:

"Emma was saying Otacon's name over and over? Why? Why just his name?

:stare:

:catstare:

goddamit Kojima"

Man the Emmerich family has issues.

Right :( Being romantically involved with a fast-aging close on an airplane raising the daughter of a mercenary queen is the most normal thing that's happened to the Emmerich family.

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

Danaru posted:

Right :( Being romantically involved with a fast-aging close on an airplane raising the daughter of a mercenary queen is the most normal thing that's happened to the Emmerich family.

On the upside, at least his daughter hasn't been involved in making a terrible new metal gear accidentally yet.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'm just going to leave this here

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:siren:Let's Play Metal Gear Solid 2 Episode 9 - The Worst Episode:siren:

So between episodes, Grace was like "ey look at me I have a family I'm the fanciest", so while waiting for Grace to come back, I pretty much chugged down a cider in protest just to be able to drink something I liked. This ended up not being smart. :(

Also gently caress Strut D.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
That episode was magical. Such a downhill sprint.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
For all the poo poo this game gets, Solidus' introduction and the entire loving Arsenal Gear sequence are still awesome. And that's with multiple people yelling "Big Boss", which has to be the dumbest codename ever, at the top of their lungs.
Hell yeah.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Dan, lemme tell you about AMERUCA! :911:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

dscruffy1 posted:

That episode was magical. Such a downhill sprint.

There's a very thin line where I go from "Buzzed" to "Dumbass". I've made a handy chart to show the progression.

I've only ever been to Solidus once, I've learned when to cut myself off since then. I've gotten to Liquid a couple times during these LPs, usually slightly before any episodes where I start getting caught left and right :v:

Also fun fact, I've never had a hangover no matter how much I drink. I'm a Canadian of German/Irish descent so I probably have all the right genes.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Past Dan that was a lot of alcohol you ingested are you okay :ohdear:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Danaru posted:

Also fun fact, I've never had a hangover no matter how much I drink. I'm a Canadian of German/Irish descent so I probably have all the right genes.

GEEENEESSSSS

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
This episode is an absolute trainwreck :allears:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

gently caress you Dan I'm Russian and I will watch All The Episodes!

Russia is scary though :(

So the vestman reinforcements don't have credit cards dog tags?

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 29, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Danaru posted:

:siren:
HE KNOWS

Yes, he got very close.
Yes, he's following other leads now,
No, nothing related to what you are planning
quite right, yes, he believes it's due to his genes.
Yes, he has himself in quite the delusion
Yes, everything is set in motion
Of course.
Goodbye...
Grace.
*gunshot*

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Grace, please tell me you were saying "America is FINE" to try and shut up Dan, and that you don't actually believe that. Because uhhhh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

dancingbears posted:

Grace, please tell me you were saying "America is FINE" to try and shut up Dan, and that you don't actually believe that. Because uhhhh

do not start

also grace doesn't actually exist

Rigged Death Trap posted:

HE KNOWS

Yes, he got very close.
Yes, he's following other leads now,
No, nothing related to what you are planning
quite right, yes, he believes it's due to his genes.
Yes, he has himself in quite the delusion
Yes, everything is set in motion
Of course.
Goodbye...
Grace.
*gunshot*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-btE-a6NHo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Danaru posted:

There's a very thin line where I go from "Buzzed" to "Dumbass". I've made a handy chart to show the progression.

Should've used the Miller Big Boss shower fight from Peace Walker for Naked Dan. :v:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Quite a lot of this commentary reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gtc4DHYvc0

And then we're gonna go on even MORE adventures after that, Grace. And you're gonna keep your MOUTH SHUT about it, Grace..

..because the world is full of idiots that don't understand what's important. And they'll TEAR us apart, Grace!!

But if you stick with me, I'm gonna accomplish great things, Grace, and you're gonna be part of 'em.

And together we're gonna run around, Grace we're gonna... do all kinds of wonderful things, Grace. Just you and me, Grace. The outside world is our enemy, Grace... we're the only.... friends we've got, Grace! It's just Dan and Grace. Dan and Grace and their adventures, Grace.. DAN AND GRACE FOREVER AND FOREVER A HUNDRED YEARS Dan and Grace.. some...things.. Me and Dan and Grace runnin' around and setting off alerts... Dan and Grace time... a- all day long forever.. all a - a hundred days Dan and Grace! forever a hundred times.... OVER and over Dan and Grace... adventures dot com.. W W W dot at Dan and Grace dot com w..w..w... Dan and Grace adventures.. ah- hundred years..... every minute Dan and Grace dot com.... w w w a hundred times... Dan and Grace dot com.......

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Danaru posted:

Yeah, right. It's your fancy beer with nanomachines in it, dude.

Also, Grace, you're doing a great job at needling Danaru so that he tries to show off and fails, leading to more hilarity. :ocelot::v:

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
Huh. Sundowner is just Solidus, but better in every way. Never noticed that. :v:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Edward_Tohr posted:

Huh. Sundowner is just Solidus, but better in every way. Never noticed that. :v:

With a bit of Senator Armstrong thrown in to boot. Which makes it better.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Can we expect a delay in videos once TPP comes out? Much as I enjoy the series I wouldn't want Dan to take time away from playing TPP to make more recordings.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

White Coke posted:

Can we expect a delay in videos once TPP comes out? Much as I enjoy the series I wouldn't want Dan to take time away from playing TPP to make more recordings.

Probably not, to be honest. I'm trying to avoid schedule slip like crazy, which can be difficult considering both of our schedules are always in flux. :froggonk: As a result we try to record as many videos a night as we can.

Which reminds me:

:siren:This Friday the 4th at 1900 ADT will be the Ghost Babel Hellstream!:siren: It'll be broadcast from my hitbox channel here if you're interested in watching! I'll post about an hour before it starts. We don't really have a stop time other than whenever I sober up enough to realize what an awful idea it is to livestream a 2D Metal Gear game blind.

If you can't make it, I'll be uploading it to youtube as well, so don't worry.

thetrueoskar
Jan 22, 2011

Danaru posted:

I've only ever been to Solidus once, I've learned when to cut myself off since then.

Ditto here, with some Russian and Scottish thrown in as well. Sadly, I have some kind of liver disorder where I go from Sober to Solidus in, like, a quarter of a drink.

Despite literally not being able to drink alcohol, I technically have hangovers all the time, because the same liver thing makes me incredibly dehydrated no matter what. I usually end up having to drink 14-16L of water every day, MINIMUM, and even then I have to wake up in the middle of the night and empty a 2L water bottle while I'm sleeping.

What I'm trying to say, is a single cutscene would kill me, so Godspeed, you crazy man, because those 2-hour cutscenes in MGS4 are going to be brutal, no matter how you look at it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Fun fact--you don't need the sniper rifle for the semtex disposal. At all. They claim you do because some of the bombs are too far for auto-lock, but the barrel sight for the SOCOM works pretty drat well, and you can hit all the targets in first person mode. There's only one part in the game where you actually need the rifle.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Danaru posted:

Probably not, to be honest. I'm trying to avoid schedule slip like crazy, which can be difficult considering both of our schedules are always in flux. :froggonk: As a result we try to record as many videos a night as we can.

Just record The Phantom Pain as you play it for the first time, what could possibly go wrong?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pyroi posted:

Just record The Phantom Pain as you play it for the first time, what could possibly go wrong?

My OBS setup actually works better as a capture card setup than the capture card's viewer software, so I'm considering recording it all anyway just in case something funny happens :v: with that said we won't be properly LPing it until after MGS4 since I already look awful enough playing the games I know front to back. Zero-progress episodes aren't something I can bring myself to put up.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Danaru posted:

My OBS setup actually works better as a capture card setup than the capture card's viewer software, so I'm considering recording it all anyway just in case something funny happens :v: with that said we won't be properly LPing it until after MGS4 since I already look awful enough playing the games I know front to back. Zero-progress episodes aren't something I can bring myself to put up.
Haha you think we are watching this for "progress".

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I only watch to see you get sassed.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Danaru posted:

we won't be properly LPing it until after MGS4 since I already look awful enough playing the games I know front to back. Zero-progress episodes aren't something I can bring myself to put up.

From what I've heard TPP only has one save slot. How noble of you to sacrifice all your progress for us. For TPP's drinking game how about you take a shot every time it recommends you make a micro-transaction.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Forgall posted:

Haha you think we are watching this for "progress".

I genuinely worry about making a DSP-like video a lot :froggonk: There's a line between funny-terrible and just plain terrible.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

I genuinely worry about making a DSP-like video a lot :froggonk: There's a line between funny-terrible and just plain terrible.

The key difference in being DSP is being specifically unaware that you're a terrible person who is terrible at games. Also yelling at games. Mostly you yell at yourself which is acceptable and also good.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

dscruffy1 posted:

The key difference in being DSP is being specifically unaware that you're a terrible person who is terrible at games. Also yelling at games. Mostly you yell at yourself Grace sasses you which is acceptable and also good.

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:siren:Let's Play Metal Gear Solid 2 Episode 10 - Wetworks :siren:

Every time I tried to edit stuff out of this episode, it made it sound ten times worse. I swear to god Grace pulls this poo poo on purpose.

More importantly, this episode includes the first death of the game! I've had whiskey before, and it was pretty good. Jack Daniels is uh...