Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer

Free Triangle posted:

Coop is gone, that part of the wiki is outdated.

The worst part about making new characters in the new system is you can't platoon with your friends and you play on a tiny map that isn't really representative of what can happen in real 52vs52 matches.

Got a list of character names? If you're playing on Shangri-La(シャングリラ) Zeon, I'll kick some inactives to make room for you and your friends in the clan when I'm back from work later tonight.

Yeah, when I started out, there were only 2-3 people per team, sometimes even less, and there were a lot of bots to fill in the gaps. After 4 rank ups, 51v51 and 6v6 unlocked, and now when I get into a match, I get murdered by people several ranks higher than I am. My rental Gelgoog can almost hold its own against some of them though. Never mind, no it can't.

Hornet fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

GET IN THE DAMN CRAZY-BUS ARTHUR!
So far it's me and Hornet. We like to rock out to some Neil Sedaka to get the mood going. This game makes me truly feel like better days are coming.

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer

Handuar posted:

So far it's me and Hornet. We like to rock out to some Neil Sedaka to get the mood going. This game makes me truly feel like better days are coming.

Only you rock out to Neil Sedaka .The greatest Gundam composer of all time.

I convinced three people to play MSGO, so far Handuar is the only one to reach a rank high enough to do stuff. Of the other two, one is still a low rank, and the other couldn't handle the tutorials.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
Are you Hornet65? Sent a friend request and clan apply message to you and Handuar (Game doesn't let you invite outright). Try not to use rentals, build your own suits then upgrade and customize them. Rentals hardly represent a suit's real potential.

Also I don't recommend 6v6 mode if you are starting out, it's honestly more hectic and harsher than 51vs51.

The best Gelgoog in the game for straight up killing people is the Gelgoog cannon. It's a heavy type suit that can get a charged beam rifle (Use F type), beam cannon(Default or F type, preference), and beam rifle(B3 recommended) all at once、on top of lots of other weapon options to explore. I think it'll feel pretty familiar and powerful if you've got good fps experience. I recommend saving up GP and straight up buying a print for it. A silver print is 250,000 GP but well worth the cost in my opinion, especially if you're starting out and want to be able to take out anything the feds throw at you in a firefight.

Here are the steps to purchase a suit (Gelgoog cannon in this example)

Click the shopping cart icon at the top to get this screen. The options are:
code:
Buy	Gashacon
Sell	BuyBack
Redeem Code	Daily Ticket Exchange
After clicking buy

code:
Rental suits for real currency(Not worth it, if you do plan on spending yen on this game)
Blueprints(Every suit in the GP Gashacon is in here, there are many)
Mobile suit parts(You don't ever need to open this)
Items(Boosts and soundtrack)
Now the master blueprint list is open:

The top tab has 5 items, each sorts by what type of suit it is. From left to right they are:
code:
Assault Types, Heavy Types, Support Types, Shelling Types, Sniper Types
If you haven't already, I recommend taking some time to look at the japanese wiki to explore what kind of suit might appeal to your playstyle.

Open the heavy types tab:

You want the Gelgoog cannon(Second row, fourth column of heavies tab) ゲルググキャノン:

Blue button purchases, red button cancels

320 cost means you can't play too recklessly with this suit(Until you get the deck cost to run 3 or 4 at once...), but I highly recommend trying it. You already know how to equip and upgrade suits as well as weapons yes?

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Aug 29, 2015

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
You're my hero Ramba Ral.

Yeah, I've mostly figured out equipping stuff, and upgrading seems simple enough to get the hang of. Probably. I do have a question though... Are the Goufs any good?

Hornet fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 29, 2015

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Hornet posted:

You're my hero Ramba Ral.

Yeah, I've mostly figured out equipping stuff, and upgrading seems simple enough to get the hang of. Probably. I do have a question though... Are the Goufs any good?

Grunt Gouf is decent if you run the 3pt MG, melee, and grenades for chokepoints. Works as an all purpose disposable grunt (Boost cap is somewhat low, prioritize it). Same goes for the M'queve Gouf. Gouf custom is terrible for its cost (Weapons in particular are not 320 cost worthy).

The best Gouf is the Gouf Flight, the charge mini-gun on it is incredible (High damage, range, and accuracy in particular). DX gashacon only for now, I think it will be purchasable with GP later on. It's easily my highest scoring assault since this unicorn UC96 update.

This is the Gouf Flight.

I like the new balances changes, I've been making more points especially as sniper due to the critical assist bonus mechanic. Used to be if you whittled someone down by 90% and someone else killed your target you only got 2-4 points for the assist. Now if you disable them or do most of the work you get a +10 bonus, perhaps a bit more than actually killing them yourself if you didn't have a killstreak going.

Making a lot more points as sniper because of it:

There is literally no reason to hesitate when it comes to shooting the enemy now, I like it.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Aug 29, 2015

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
So I tried the Gashacon thing out. I don't know what exactly I did, but I had a single DX ticket, so I just found the one that looked like it had some goufs in it (I think it was 23?). I got a red box, which I guess is good because there's the fewest of those. It had a gold Gouf custom blueprint in it. It's a Gouf at least. I also had like 24 regular tickets, and I got a bunch of other blueprints, and a bunch of rental blueprints too. Is there a way to hide the rental blueprints in the build list, or do I have to sell them to get rid of them?

Hornet fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 29, 2015

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Did this new patch inflict Downs' Syndrome on a bunch of EF players or something? I've been stuck in gold MM but I'm actually doing good.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Snipers getting points? Straight up buyin suits? I don't even recognize you anymore gundam online...

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

randombattle posted:

Snipers getting points? Straight up buyin suits? I don't even recognize you anymore gundam online...

sucks the cima unit cant be bought straight up.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Did this new patch inflict Downs' Syndrome on a bunch of EF players or something? I've been stuck in gold MM but I'm actually doing good.

Matchmaking is all sorts of hosed up right now, everyone is playing with everyone else because of a new rating system, expect it to probably change with the next maintence.

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
It looks like I picked the worst time to pick up this game. I'm still having fun though despite getting murdered by ninjas.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Real talk though if there wasn't a ridiculous amount of poo poo coming out in a few days I'd get back in on this because this update sounds amazing.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

randombattle posted:

Real talk though if there wasn't a ridiculous amount of poo poo coming out in a few days I'd get back in on this because this update sounds amazing.

Yeah i'm getting in a lot of gundam before monday night happens and then i forget it exists for a while.

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
So, what's this case full of gold bars that I got?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
nazi gold

sell it or horde it for making a museum

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Bury it so you can go back for it once the zeon lose every single war they ever fought.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
There are various items you can sell for lots of GP:

10,000 GP value

Song Dynasty Vase. 30,000 GP value

Ghiren Zabi's Bust. Priceless, a true zeon patriot will hoard these 50,000 GP value

Next week, EX gashacon opens:

Collect EX tickets after battles to play it. EX Gashacons include DX/Master tickets as well as suits you cannot get normally, so they are worth playing if you can spare the time.

EF
Aqua GM Assault Torrington Spec
Slave Wraith Assault GM
White Dingo Assault GM

Zeon
Z'gok Heavy type Zeon Remnants Spec
Dom Tropical Test Assault(Not recommended, worst suit in the game. Build only if you want a laugh at how ineffective this suit is compared to literally everything else)
Zaku II F Assault

All suits listed above will come in gold prints.

E: If possible, save your weekly challenge past 7 (Do not claim the 50,000GP this week). Next week you get 10 free EX tickets on top of the 50,000GP when you claim your weekly challenge reward.

You can save up to 9 challenges cleared, so when you claim your reward your challenge quota rolls over to 2/7. Bottom right button in this window claims your reward.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 31, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Finally got a gold tetra didnt take too much maybe 50 DX?

Maxed armor speed boost and weight cap. Got about half in recharge boost.
Lvl 3 reload is the trait which honestly isn't bad to have.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Al Borland posted:

Finally got a gold tetra didnt take too much maybe 50 DX?

Maxed armor speed boost and weight cap. Got about half in recharge boost.
Lvl 3 reload is the trait which honestly isn't bad to have.

Grunt suits are cool and all but if you really want to win

Tetra is one of the better suits to have quick reload on yeah. That death ray is like a 5 second reload otherwise. Also the gold print's dual gatling is crazy in cqc if the death ray isn't up for some reason.

E: Just peeked, your tetra is weak shooter not quick reload.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 2, 2015

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
If you got lucky and got the items you already wanted from the EX gasha (DX/Master/Desired gold prints) you should reset it manually (You do not have to empty it, this is usually really wasteful unless the last items are things you want), to make the most out of your EX tickets.

How to reset the EX Gashacon:

Above the green single EX shot button(Try to go for the super 10 for 11 deal button below if possible) is the reset button.

Clicking it opens a prompt, check the box to confirm that you want to reset then press はい

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
I accidentally clicked the "Use all 10 of your EX tickets at the same time" button. :(

I then used that DX ticket to try to get a Gouf Flight Type and got another Gouf Custom.
It's a good thing I don't know how to spend real money on this game or I wouldn't have any money anymore.

Hey, what time does all the daily stuff reset?

Hornet fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 2, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Hornet posted:

I accidentally clicked the "Use all 10 of your EX tickets at the same time" button. :(

I then used that DX ticket to try to get a Gouf Flight Type and got another Gouf Custom.
It's a good thing I don't know how to spend real money on this game or I wouldn't have any money anymore.

using 10 EX at once is the way to do it. Better odds.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

so they are now assigning badges based on your win rate and how many guys you killed the previous week

I figured they would be doing an ELO system not based on those two things so hosed around and had fun instead of maximized my score

got the lowest rank badge

it won't be upgraded until next week, haha gently caress this poo poo

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Third World Reggin posted:

so they are now assigning badges based on your win rate and how many guys you killed the previous week

I figured they would be doing an ELO system not based on those two things so hosed around and had fun instead of maximized my score

got the lowest rank badge

it won't be upgraded until next week, haha gently caress this poo poo

Yeah this is the worst system by far i'm at 3 wings now whcih I think is bronze?

I literally just get 57 points am atch just to get my daily and be done with it. So I find it hilarious. When I actually get suits I want its going to be a loving pub stomp.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Hornet posted:

?

You did the right thing.

Daily things resets 5 AM Japan time or 1 PM pacific.

Al Borland posted:

using 10 EX at once is the way to do it. Better odds.

Yeah, using 10 tickets gives you 11 boxes. As opposed to 1:1 with single shots. EX gashacon has a limited number of items so using 10 tickets for 11 shots is a better deal most of the time.

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
Oh cool, so I accidentally did something right. Nice.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Hey this game is pretty fun again. Though what the heck is going on with the ranking system? I played a bunch last week and was hitting lots of S's for both score and position then I get assigned.. bronze. Plus now I'm getting owned in bronze matchmaking because all the bronzes are crazy good.

Can I get an invite back if there's room? :)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

it looks like ranking is based on win rate

lol japan

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
They really know how to gently caress up ranking.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

Hey this game is pretty fun again. Though what the heck is going on with the ranking system? I played a bunch last week and was hitting lots of S's for both score and position then I get assigned.. bronze. Plus now I'm getting owned in bronze matchmaking because all the bronzes are crazy good.

Can I get an invite back if there's room? :)

Yeah, I'll kick an inactive to get you back in.

Your character is バロンゾ right? Sent an in-game apply mail to you (Can't directly invite because :japan:). You can apply anyway even though it says 50/50 clan cap, then I'll kick a guy

Update is great, game still owns. Ranking is both the saddest and funniest thing I have seen in this game :laugh: ... I"ve been winning more since the rank shuffle so I can't really complain

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Yep that's me, ill be on later tonight. I picked up a second silver kampfer from the event gacha so now my loadout of garbage silver suits is slightly less garbage. Next up is to level then up to 19 or whatever for another silver bp so i can run 3.

Why is this thread in the mmo subforum anyway? It's about as mmo-y as battlefield 4.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

free triangle isn't brave enough for games

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
So it's been a little over a week since I started playing this game, and it seems like I chose the worst week to start playing. The matchmaking was all over the place, and all I had were the starter Zakus. Despite all that though, I'm enjoying myself. Of course, there's a lot of stuff I'm still trying to figure out, and I'm still spending every DX ticket I get on trying to get a Gouf Flight Type. Over the last 7 days, the google translate app on my phone has accounted for 24% of battery usage. This game's great!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

starter zakus are just fine

honestly

if you figure out the game you will still score high with zaku IIs

just think of it like this, you should have like 1000 ish weight. Unless you get the bonus weight for a month, you are looking at 250 per suit. Soon as you gain 4 levels you are looking at 260 per suit. So those are the base line suits.

We got a lot of good suits in that range. The higher you go, the more of a cool down you get, but you don't always get good stats for how much the cool down costs. Or good weapons.

http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B8%E3%82%AA%E3%83%B3%E5%85%AC%E5%9B%BD%E8%BB%8D

Sovietboat got pretty high just using the Zaku II FS

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

free triangle isn't brave enough for games

GGs

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am a god drat force multiplier

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I am a god drat force multiplier

more like a force divider

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I think its time for me to get back into this, KACHO is MANDOZER still in the clan? If not get ready to add him back as soon as I feel like going through all the bullshit to get MSGO working again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

-Troika- posted:

more like a force divider

I have two zaku recons with the 3 shot cameras, with max upgraded range and level 4 range bonus module also with the camera duration extension module.

We were sitting back on arctic thunder dome where I would mark someone at around 1200 ish range and he would just snipe them in the fog. I don't get many points doing that, like 1 for mark and 2-3 more if someone killed them but Kacho would just snipe them at that range right after that.

His score would of been way higher if I had brought ammo out with us.

• Locked thread