Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ryaomon posted:

Just download the music from the series and queue it up in the background if you want. I like the theme to the game series though, it's surprisingly catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lMdbT5xM8E

I love the game so far, the graphics problem never really bothered me until now when the game hard locks whenever I play Alabasta. Hopefully that update comes through soon. My only real complaint is some dumb roster choices and while I appreciate the attention to detail that is Sanji can't hurt female characters that really makes him super disadvantageous to use.

Yeah I like the game music as it reminds me of the jazzy music Marvel vs Capcom 2 used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Ryaomon posted:

My only real complaint is some dumb roster choices and while I appreciate the attention to detail that is Sanji can't hurt female characters that really makes him super disadvantageous to use.

Holy hell, that's kind of amazing they did that.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
There's a tool for batch listing trading cards, isn't there?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

There's a tool for batch listing trading cards, isn't there?

Yes, Steam Inventory Helper can do that

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Zombie Samurai posted:

Holy hell, that's kind of amazing they did that.

There can't be many female enemies you need to fight though. There's Hancock, Smoker's lieutenant, the the soap lady and ghost girl, along with whoever I've forgotten. It's a nice touch but probably not a massive thing.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

chaos rhames posted:

There can't be many female enemies you need to fight though. There's Hancock, Smoker's lieutenant, the the soap lady and ghost girl, along with whoever I've forgotten. It's a nice touch but probably not a massive thing.

There's a Dream Log mode where you can fight for, or against, an all female army. I haven't unlocked Sanji yet but is it possible to win playing as him against the ladies?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Morter posted:

There's a Dream Log mode where you can fight for, or against, an all female army. I haven't unlocked Sanji yet but is it possible to win playing as him against the ladies?

Good, so far I was hearing a lot of not-anime things about this game but this sounds very anime

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

women = anime

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

that is patently untrue as women are less approachable

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

The Colonel posted:

poo poo, most games are, Arcadia Legends included.

Last I checked it ran really, really poorly unless you had a bleeding-edge computer or something. Maybe it just straight-up can't be emulated, can't remember what the issue was.

But the original game should run decently on a Dreamcast emulator minus some graphical bugs ala Shenmue (geometry disappearing, everything flickering all the time).

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

QuarkJets posted:

Good, so far I was hearing a lot of not-anime things about this game but this sounds very anime

One Piece is like the Platonic ideal of anime so I am concerned about the people you have been talking to.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Remember that Slave Trading game in Greenlight?

Well, it's now available for purchase. :stare:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/386870/

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
"Family Friendly" :shepface:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

There's no way this is going to stay on Steam for long. No loving way.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Mutation posted:

Sounds good AND educational.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mutation posted:

Oh good. I can put this next to my copy of Hatred. *blood shoots out of eyes*

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Just noticed all the old Anno games showed up on GoG, are any of them worth a look assuming I already have (and have played a lot of) Dawn of Discovery? 1701 looks darn similar to DoD in terms of graphics actually, but I'm guessing the gameplay isn't as refined?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Mutation posted:

Aw, they didn't use Slave Tetris as a store picture.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Zombie Samurai posted:

One Piece is like the Platonic ideal of anime so I am concerned about the people you have been talking to.

People in the steam thread can be pretty weird i agree

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

monster on a stick posted:

Puzzle Agent sure has lots of puzzles. Gotta love "the goon who ordered chicken isn't sitting next to the goon wearing a trilby" puzzles.

Is that the one that has you sorting birds at some point?

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Sid Meier's Pirates! is $2. I can barely afford it but I loved the pirate stuff in AC: Black Flag. Worth getting?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Count Chocula posted:

Sid Meier's Pirates! is $2. I can barely afford it but I loved the pirate stuff in AC: Black Flag. Worth getting?
It's the best pirate game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Its a classic, even the 2000ish remake. Ball dancing sucks though.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Count Chocula posted:

The combat in BF is very similar to Pirates!, albeit much more streamlined. The latter is more of a sim game and as such has a more methodical pace. Having a keyboard numpad is highly recommended.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Count Chocula posted:

If you're lucky within five minutes of starting the game you can kill the the last boss, take his badass ship and then proceed to spread terror all along the Caribbean with your op ship.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Count Chocula posted:

It's the definitive pirate game around. Graphics are lacking especially compared to black flag, but if you enjoy the gameplay, it's awesome. It's pretty much exactly the same as any of the previous versions if you'd played any though.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
2K really needs to make a third Pirates!

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Oh poo poo $2. Pirates was extremely my poo poo. Buying.

*edit*

:gaben:

Red Mundus fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 30, 2015

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Accordion Man posted:

2K really needs to make a third Pirates!

Hell yeah. I was hoping Windward would be something like that, but sadly it is multiplayer focused and, when I last checked, lacking in features.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

pretty spoopy, actually looks surprisingly good for a rpgmaker game. (stray cat crossing)

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I played Satellite Reign for a couple of hours then requested a refund. It's just not really clicking with me.

You get killed really quickly if you're caught in compounds, (I don't know if the guards are infinitely re-spawning but there are a lot) and the stealth system doesn't really seem robust enough to make it worthwhile. I thought I was going to be able set up snipers and silently kill people as I snuck through the mission but all you're really doing is holing up and slowling plinking away at a lot of units. The levels seem to be laid out like some kind of stealth puzzle more than anything; more like Commandos than the Syndicate I remember playing as a kid. Go find the button that disables the cameras, run through as quickly as possible then make a bit of noise on the way out if you think you can get away with it.

It's ok, but I think I'll get Invisible Inc. and wait for a sale on this.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

SynthOrange posted:

pretty spoopy, actually looks surprisingly good for a rpgmaker game. (stray cat crossing)

Looks like it could be interesting. I respect people actually creating custom assets and they look decent.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Can y'all drop a name for that rpgmaker game? I can't seem to find it.

Edit: Just realized the parentheses was the name.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Just noticed all the old Anno games showed up on GoG, are any of them worth a look assuming I already have (and have played a lot of) Dawn of Discovery? 1701 looks darn similar to DoD in terms of graphics actually, but I'm guessing the gameplay isn't as refined?
The gameplay in all the Annos are actually very much the same by and large. It's the wrinkles specific to each period that really make it. 1602 is, obviously, the most basic, with 1503 bringing in exclusive third-party resources that you need. Both are quite crude now. 1701 is a huge leap forward for them, and its thing is that you are a sponsored colony and have to be ready to pay dividends or get invaded. I don't remember it being particularly worse than 1404 in terms of gameplay, but 1404 is very highly polished.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

SynthOrange posted:

What was that creepy old RPG Maker game about a girl exploring her nightmares?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Count Chocula posted:

What was that creepy old RPG Maker game about a girl exploring her nightmares?

probably yume nikki

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

This all seems pretty tasteful

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

SynthOrange posted:

I've played it yesterday and finished it in about two hours (as advertised on the store page). It's a brief game, but the production values are high and you'd be forgiven for thinking this is not an RPGMaker game.

However, I wouldn't really call it a horror game. It's more surreal, kind of like a fairytale and I'd say it's more unsettling than scary.

I was engaged the whole way through, but it still fell just a bit short of Blank Dream which I've played the day before (it's also about 2 hours long, definitely give it a try). But it's like trying to say which of these two good games was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Humble Store is terrible at listing games by their price, so what are some terrigood co-op MP games at the <$3 mark in their sales?

• Locked thread