Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Kajeesus posted:

How would you even make the Iron Bull hate you? Dude is the chillest.

Going with the communist vibe of the Qun, he really seems to get pissed off by nobles and arrogant attitudes in general. Like if you tell him it was a dumb idea to get the troop's impression of you because who cares what the peons think.

Also sweet mother of god I want to like this game, and it has enough interesting stuff to keep me going for a while, but dear god there's so much bad design (mostly reminiscent early 2000s MMOs) that they've got no excuse for - research items being valuables, limited inventory and a billion trash drops, the mount button being for some reason separate from actually mounting, annoying as poo poo gathering, really poorly balanced crafting, terribly balanced classes (a DA staple, at least), etc. DA2 gets a ton of poo poo, but it only had something like eight months of development time. DA:I had three years and it's a gigantic step backwards in game design in most areas. What the actual hell, Bioware?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

ThomasPaine posted:

Dorian got mad and left after I punched him but I kind of got the impression that the game always gives you an option to hold onto him even if approval has bottomed out

Yeah, as I recall he'll only leave if you hit him, because up until that point he refuses to abandon the cause no matter how awful he thinks you are. Once you hit him, he realizes staying simply isn't an option anymore.

Robutt posted:

It's very difficult for me to separate the idea of Hawke the character from my (very negative) opinion of the game but as I try I'm honestly not remembering much about the character themselves. Maybe it was because I was playing a diplomatic Hawke which probably contributed to my boredom and frustration. One of these days I'll go back and try out Sarcastic Hawke but the thought of having to interact with any other character in that game just makes me want to play another Aggressive Hawke playthrough so I can constantly tell everyone to go to hell.

Diplomatic Hawke is the most boring blob.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is there a way to give myself a couple of amulet of powers through cheat engine? the mod didn't work but I don't want to level myself up, just get the amulets i've missed since they were removed

Edit: it kind of feels like the active skills number was because they knew this amulet of power bug was there and wanted a work around or something. Its poo poo that as a mage I can't have all the spells I want available at once

Jose fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 29, 2015

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

As I recall, they've got something new to show, so it might not be just talk.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

New DLC trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7hXqo_B7OY

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
That video is private.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Saw it before it went private but,it looks like the new DLC's about the world finally reacting to the Inquisitor being potentially the super power of Thedas IE everyone's looking to dethrone you.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Saw it before it went private but,it looks like the new DLC's about the world finally reacting to the Inquisitor being potentially the super power of Thedas IE everyone's looking to dethrone you.

Reading this, I can't help but think about the ending to MGS:Peace Walker. The hunt is on, Josie, and the whole world is on our tail.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 29, 2015

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Lotish posted:

As I recall, they've got something new to show, so it might not be just talk.

Okay, now this has my attention. I guess we're going to do some mirror diving in the future.

Crabtree posted:

'Bout time. What to do about this rogue superpower with their fingers in everyone's business now that they're purpose is completed?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Geostomp posted:

Okay, now this has my attention. I guess we're going to do some mirror diving in the future.

'Bout time. What to do about this rogue superpower with their fingers in everyone's business now that they're purpose is completed?

Send in Solid Snake

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

remolque en espanol

Hell yes I want to become Big Boss Inquisitor and fight the whole world with my army without borders

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 29, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Geostomp posted:

Apparently make Orlais, Ferelden, The Qunari and your own glowy hand angry at you. If this is setting up the future and and the next game doesn't involve the Inquisitor as the player character, they may really become the "bad guy" of a future title.

The game's about to change on September 8th.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 29, 2015

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Yes, I do have questions. Inquisitor's ex looks like he could be behind this, god of rebellion and all. One superpower does have chances of leading to tyranny, somewhat like events dating back to his last stunt with his kin. I could buy this DLC :10bux:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I barely understand Spanish, from what I gathered it looks pretty drat cool. Any word on a release date?

Crossing my fingers it comes out on all platforms at the same time :ohdear:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Crow Jane posted:

I barely understand Spanish, from what I gathered it looks pretty drat cool. Any word on a release date?

September 8th, if I understand the video correctly.

That was an awesome trailer, and this will probably be the first DLC that I will buy for Inquisition. More Qunari! More Thedas politics! More Solas!

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Same, I might actually buy this DLC. It looks pretty interesting, exactly what I wanted to see happen in the Inquisitions future.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Gosh I sure wish I could buy cool DLC on my 360

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I hope the PC version of this DLC can be purchased from Amazon. I don't know why I still can't by Decent anywhere but from Origin, but its annoying habit I'd wish EA would stop.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

HIJK posted:

Gosh I sure wish I could buy cool DLC on my 360

#rekt

It's 2015

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

Although I'm sure you gathered this the only stuff that wasn't translated in that last link was "Reunite with your team", "Stop the threat of the Qunari", "Decide your legacy", and "Winner of over 100 Game of the Year awards"

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
The trailer is on their Youtube Channel now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUQKGFMfXx0

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Parody Threads posted:

#rekt

It's 2015

Like hell am I going to buy a PS4 when jackcrap is available on it

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

HIJK posted:

Like hell am I going to buy a PS4 when jackcrap is available on it

The Jackcrap port to PC was a disaster, you're doing yourself a disservice not getting the PS4 version

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Anyone notice the Inquisitor says "bloody" in the Spanish version and "loving" in the English version? Is the ESRB more lenient than PEGI? Or is it because DA:I is already "M" and you can't really get higher without graphic sex so it doesn't matter if you throw in a gently caress or two?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Here's a pretty great interview that details some tidbits about what we can expect from this. It seems that there's a much bigger focus on followers.

But here is the absolute most important part of the entire interview and DLC.

quote:

You mentioned that Trespasser is the final piece of official DLC. Are there any more features coming via free updates?
Yeah, knowing we were wrapping up Inquisition, we wanted to do a couple of treats for people. These will be available in the next patch [for PS4, Xbox One, and PC]. In addition to some bug fixes and code stuff that need to be done for Trespasser, the two big features are that players will be able to – it’s not quite New Game+, it’s a system we’re calling “the Golden Nug.” Once you complete the storyline for Inquisition, there will be a golden nug added to the undercroft in Skyhold. If you click on it, it synchronizes all of your collectibles to the cloud. Once you’ve done that, things like your potion recipes, tapestries, schematics are all synced up. In future games, even those in progress, you will be able to click on a golden nug in Haven, Skyhold, and Trespasser locations I won’t reveal, allowing you to sync again. Meaning any character [on the same hardware platform] who doesn’t have those high-end schematics – maybe you beat The Descent with one of your characters – you can now access that schematic and craft that armor at low levels. So, if you find a really rare schematic, you can share it across all of your characters – or choose not to. If you don’t click on the nug, it won’t sync.

The other big feature – and I know this comes a little late – we finally added a wardrobe to you bedroom in Skyhold so you can choose from about a dozen different outfits for your casual wear as you make your way around the castle. There are some that are a leather look, some that are a lightly armored look. There’s a couple variations on the formal wear. Hopefully, people find something they like and are comfortable with. Certainly people have asked for it. I know people will probably miss the current outfit, so it’s still there for the people who are in love with it – all three of them.
:anime: It's...it's so beautiful.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

Here's a pretty great interview that details some tidbits about what we can expect from this. It seems that there's a much bigger focus on followers.

I assume they're just cagey about new Dragon Age games in that interview because they don't want to formally announce now? I can't imagine Inquisition being the last game.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Nichael posted:

Anyone notice the Inquisitor says "bloody" in the Spanish version and "loving" in the English version? Is the ESRB more lenient than PEGI? Or is it because DA:I is already "M" and you can't really get higher without graphic sex so it doesn't matter if you throw in a gently caress or two?

The subtitle in the Spanish version says "loving" but I'm not a native or fluent Spanish speaker and certainly not in tune with how harsh joder is in Spain

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm fully on board with a casual outfit wardrobe.

Plus I'll be amused if they add a smallclothes option so we can recreate that Origins experience.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

BrianWilly posted:

All of this sounds amazing. A time skip and now Thedas reacts to the Inquisition still being around? A focus on your character members like in the CItadel DLC? Different outfits in Skyhold? Syncing recipes across characters? A sentence that could be read as the DLC featuring a new stronghold? Solas making an appearance but not being the main focus of the DLC, (so he will probably be a factor in DA 4)? The Qunari invading Thedas?

This can't come out soon enough. But wait, it comes out in less than two weeks! This is all extremely great, Bioware are scoring big points with me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How were the previous two dlcs?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think I'm a bit overlevelled. I'm level 18 and still haven't done wicked hearts and wicked eyes or whatever. I've done a bunch of quests everywhere but the hissing wastes now and need to find the second ocularum in emprise du lion but have all the shards outside of those 2 zones. I was planning on finishing off the companion quests before doing wicked hearts. How much more of the game do I have if I just focus on the story after doing that + the dragons? I've killed 4 of them I think so far

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Jose posted:

I think I'm a bit overlevelled. I'm level 18 and still haven't done wicked hearts and wicked eyes or whatever. I've done a bunch of quests everywhere but the hissing wastes now and need to find the second ocularum in emprise du lion but have all the shards outside of those 2 zones. I was planning on finishing off the companion quests before doing wicked hearts. How much more of the game do I have if I just focus on the story after doing that + the dragons? I've killed 4 of them I think so far

You're way overlevelled for where you are. Assuming you've done Here Lies the Abyss there's one more substantial main story mission after Wicked Hearts. You get warned before you hit the endgame point of no return though so don't worry too much.

I'd do Wicked Hearts asap, I think it's my favourite mission.

Kurtofan posted:

Hakkon adds an entire new wilderness area with a central quest and side bits. It's pretty good but doesn't really add much beyond more of the same.

Descent is a straight dungeon crawl. Adds more to the lore than Hakkon imho. You can also get ridiculously overpowered schematics and crafting materials at a very low level which can render the rest of the vanilla game laughable. I enjoyed it but it won't be to everyone's taste. Slightly pricey for what it is too.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Aug 30, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Only 1 more major mission? That seems fairly low but maybe I've done more than I can remember. Good to know though since I was hoping to have beaten this before MGS5 comes out

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Jose posted:

Only 1 more major mission? That seems fairly low but maybe I've done more than I can remember. Good to know though since I was hoping to have beaten this before MGS5 comes out

Inquisition's main storyline is actually kind of short. Only maybe five big in depth story missions. They're all great though (except maybe In Your Heart Shall Burn). What made the game for me was the exploration and companions and how well the game immerses you in its lore without forcing it on you more than is necessary. Easily adds tens more hours onto the game and they're often as engrossing as the time spent in the main missions. Certain areas are almost completely optional, which I love (hissing wastes for example)

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Aug 30, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

While I generally agree it seems like there is a load of content on the back end of the game that you barely get any use out of like crafting/runes/shards for story missions

Jose fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Aug 30, 2015

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Jose posted:

While I generally agree it seems like there is a load of content on the back end of the game that you barely get any use out of like crafting/runes/shards for story missions

This is true. I would like to see more high level unleveled schematics/weapons hidden in ways that are difficult to find but not impossible for low level characters. Maybe via really cryptic puzzles rather than combat or something like that. Would give a real reward for exploration, especially if they combined it with removing level requirements for equipment. As it is now you craft one badass weapon which is automatically better than anything you can find (and use). If you do find a better weapon you generally can't use it until you're in a position to craft an even better one.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sticking an ocularum next to a high level dragon was a bit dumb. I was hoping to finish them off before killing the rest of the dragons

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Kurtofan posted:

Jaws of Hakkon was great and I genuinely enjoyed the story (it's very appropriate if you play a Dalish Inquisitor). Descent wasn't as good and I probably wouldn't pay for it again, but it was fun while I was playing it.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

*words*
It's...it's so beautiful.

Hey, the one of two reasons I never wanted to start over is being fixed and that is collectibles.

Too bad they couldn't figure out a way to make resource gathering less lovely on additional playthroughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I find it interesting that it might be possible for you to outright disband the Inquisition. I always thought that it just went without saying that the Inquisition is now a fixture of the DA storyline going forward, that it might play a part or even be pivotal to the next game of the series, that the DA4 protagonist would be off doing their thing and occasionally be like, "Hey how's that Inquisition doing by the way? Same old same old?" It honestly never occurred to me that they might allow for a worldstate where the Inquisition just...stopped.

Or, well, who knows, maybe they won't give you that option. Or maybe they will, except it'll just be retconned in the next game, or it'll amount to nothing. :v: It's hard to imagine that a Thedas with an ongoing Inquisition and a Thedas without one could possibly be the same "world."

Something else I noticed was that some of the qunari enemies are outright using spears and lances and other polearms. I doubt we'll get a whole new weapon category in this game, but maybe for the sequel? Or for multi-player?

• Locked thread