Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Jake and Odo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ambrose Burnside posted:

ive heard rumours that avery brooks got nana visitor pregnant but she didnt keep it, and then later her n alexander siddig got together and had a kid et al, but ive never been able to find a source for it so ive assumed it wasnt true

The ending of the James Bond episode where Holosisko and Bashir were fighting over Holokira was apparently pretty awkward

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

JediTalentAgent posted:

Romulan ships look like they welded a pair of Klingon Birds of Prey together at the nacelles.

Aren't Romulan Warbirds Klingon in design? There was a trade-off of Bird of Prey and Warbird designs somewhere that made the two races flip ships and keep cloaking. That or some really stupid poo poo I dunno.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ambrose Burnside posted:

ive heard rumours that avery brooks got nana visitor pregnant but she didnt keep it, and then later her n alexander siddig got together and had a kid et al, but ive never been able to find a source for it so ive assumed it wasnt true

The second part is true at least.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Klingons got the cloak in exchange for the D7 battle cruiser ship design sometime during the TOS era if I have my :spergin: right. Then the Sino-Soviet Klingon-Romulan split happened and they diverged.

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
WHY IS HIS UNIFORM PURPLE?!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Apoplexy posted:

WHY IS HIS UNIFORM PURPLE?!

What do you mean, Barclay has always had a purple uniform.
And there are 5 lights.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

its extremely upsetting to me that the vast majority of epg tng gifs apparently have not survived the sands of time

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Ambrose Burnside posted:

its extremely upsetting to me that the vast majority of epg tng gifs apparently have not survived the sands of time

Here's one of the ancient ones

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
This is not even my final frontier:

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs-_6ky5qwA

:captainpop:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

I think I'd have never even liked star trek if I had to sit through that before watching each episode.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kitchner posted:

I think I'd have never even liked star trek if I had to sit through that before watching each episode.

yea i mean i thought enterprise was poo poo because of its intro song

not kidding tho im serious

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

TEAYCHES posted:

Thing is these days intros don't bother me as I never watch poo poo on TV so I can just skip it. Game of Thrones has a great intro but I watch it at the start of the season to see if it's changed and then skip it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

There's an HD version of this floating around too now.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
We don't speak of the HD version, it's origins are evil. However by the same token we'll never learn the mystery of the spotted data action figure.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Rynder posted:

We don't speak of the HD version, it's origins are evil. However by the same token we'll never learn the mystery of the spotted data action figure.

Hey guys check this out I've been able to get an opportunity to speak with someone that used to put star trek vhs tapes in cardboard sleeves in the video tape factory, here's part one of my 14 page interview with some pretty interesting facts about star trek vhs tapes

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kitchner posted:

The brief HBO lintro does make me want an R rated, highly serialized sci-fi show. Come on HBO, make something.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Blazing Ownager posted:

The brief HBO lintro does make me want an R rated, highly serialized sci-fi show. Come on HBO, make something.

Showtime forced some topless scenes into the first episode of Stargate because it's paid cable and people pay for tits.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Universe Master posted:

Showtime forced some topless scenes into the first episode of Stargate because it's paid cable and people pay for tits.

I remember this was straight out of left field too, because the whole thing felt PG-13 (and would become PG-13) and then BAM! Surprise tits!

Kitchner posted:

Thing is these days intros don't bother me as I never watch poo poo on TV so I can just skip it. Game of Thrones has a great intro but I watch it at the start of the season to see if it's changed and then skip it.

The song is so catchy I usually kick the show on a minute before my girlfriend's back at the TV. The fact the intro has gotten far longer with more and more places showing up on the board is kind of awesome. Same reason I've probably watched the Daredevil intro a bunch.

In all seriousness, I think shows could have been much better if serialization was a thing in the past. 99% of the trash in a franchise like Star Trek is due to the fact a reset button is hammered every week and there's not generally time to reach a satisfying conclusion in 40 minutes.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 30, 2015

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Blazing Ownager posted:

Wasn't that Lexx?

Either way, I don't think its coming. Game of Thrones is an old property by now and we'd be right in the middle of a glut of shows pitched as "Game of Thrones in Space" and "Game of Thrones with Robots" and "Game of Thrones after the Singularity" type crap if there was ever a chance.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
What really took me out of got was that scene where the rat guy who got castrated later on was doing sex with some lady and the camera pans to his dick immediately after orgasm and he's already fully flaccid.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Thats a good English dick so it knows to always obey the Mull of Kintyre test.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Blazing Ownager posted:

You mean Battlestar Galactica?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Entropic posted:

And risk seeing The Chief's awful hairy cock and losing 'Frak' to 'gently caress'? Hell no. Frak no.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

shadow puppet of a posted:

"Game of Thrones with Robots"

Order me 13 episodes

Entropic posted:

That show was so good, until it wasn't.

I kind of wish the last season didn't happen. I'd say "just a finale episode" but the finale was the worst ever. The mutiny two parter was the only thing of value, at all.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

And risk seeing The Chief's awful hairy cock and losing 'Frak' to 'gently caress'? Hell no. Frak no.

Edward James Olmos: "zoom in on the cock! Zoom in on the cock!!!"

:allears:

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Wasn't that Lexx?

Either way, I don't think its coming. Game of Thrones is an old property by now and we'd be right in the middle of a glut of shows pitched as "Game of Thrones in Space" and "Game of Thrones with Robots" and "Game of Thrones after the Singularity" type crap if there was ever a chance.

Lexx was amazing.
It was on at around 3:00/3:30 in the morning, so that was about the same time we'd come back from drinking at 17/18 and to come in to that while hosed was just right.

Who knows what it's like sober...

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Rynder posted:

Edward James Olmos: "zoom in on the cock! Zoom in on the cock!!!"

:allears:

Gaeta: Sir I cant, there is too much hair.
Adama: What you mean pubes?
Gaeta: No, cock hair, its on the cock, repeat, on the cock itself.
Adama: Damit get someone in there to part it away then! This is Adama Actual requesting all units, need full zoom on that hairy cock.
CAG This is the CAG, ZipperRipper checking in Adama Actual. No target lock. No lock available, its just too bushy, no eyes on the mushroom no reticle on the testicle.
Adama: Get someone in to part it then. Get that mechanic girl to do it!
Gaeta: Who, that kinda downs looking girl?
Adama: Yeah.
Gaeta: They aren't dating anymore sir.
Adama: How could a cromag lump like The Chief and his hirsute cock trade up in these tight quarters? I cant get a minute alone with Madam President and you are telling me Chief furry wrench has options?
Gaeta: He's dating that Asian girl now.
Adama: Hawaiian is Asian now?
Gaeta: She's not Hawaiian sir.
Adama: Well she'll be cast as it from now until the gods return to Kobol. Frack this loose talk, I need to see that zoomed cock!
XO Tigh: Sir, Lee is offering to go in there with a Phillips Bodygroom taped to the front of his Viper if you'll just re-instate his depilatory wings.
Adama: Does he know its a suicide mission? Damnit I got him that Bodygroom for him the day the Mastiffs won the Pyramid championships. Very well tell Lee he's cleared for take off and any flake-off
Lee: I wont let you down dad. I'll make that pole shine like a jump point.
Adama: So shave we all.
Crew: So shave we all.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Gaeta: Sir I cant, there is too much hair.
Adama: What you mean pubes?
Gaeta: No, cock hair, its on the cock, repeat, on the cock itself.
Adama: Damit get someone in there to part it away then! This is Adama Actual requesting all units, need full zoom on that hairy cock.
CAG This is the CAG, ZipperRipper checking in Adama Actual. No target lock. No lock available, its just too bushy, no eyes on the mushroom no reticle on the testicle.
Adama: Get someone in to part it then. Get that mechanic girl to do it!
Gaeta: Who, that kinda downs looking girl?
Adama: Yeah.
Gaeta: They aren't dating anymore sir.
Adama: How could a cromag lump like The Chief and his hirsute cock trade up in these tight quarters? I cant get a minute alone with Madam President and you are telling me Chief furry wrench has options?
Gaeta: He's dating that Asian girl now.
Adama: Hawaiian is Asian now?
Gaeta: She's not Hawaiian sir.
Adama: Well she'll be cast as it from now until the gods return to Kobol. Frack this loose talk, I need to see that zoomed cock!
XO Tigh: Sir, Lee is offering to go in there with a Phillips Bodygroom taped to the front of his Raptor if you'll just re-instate his depilatory wings.
Adama: Does he know its a suicide mission? Damnit I got him that Bodygroom for him the day the Mastiffs won the Pyramid championships. Very well tell Lee he's cleared for take off and any flake-off
Lee: I wont let you down dad. I'll make that pole shine like a jump point.
Adama: So shave we all.
Crew: So shave we all.

didnt read this but op is a human being with the wrong ram

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Tigh stark bollock naked staggering around in an airlock waving a half empty bottle shouting about Cylons.

Can't think of a more erotic situation to be honest.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

happyhippy posted:

I don't know whether to post the Riker Sits Down video or the one of Dr Crusher and Troi doing yoga. Ah hell... both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVIGhYMwRgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoBoMvY0U10

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

happyhippy posted:

Two genetically identical men, one empath and a trombone. Governed only by the Risian rule of passion being the only prime directive.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

TEAYCHES posted:

That intro was so out of touch I'm convinced it did more to sink the show than 2 seasons of nothing loving happening and equally boring characters

Wowbagger2004 posted:

Hey guys check this out I've been able to get an opportunity to speak with someone that used to put star trek vhs tapes in cardboard sleeves in the video tape factory, here's part one of my 14 page interview with some pretty interesting facts about star trek vhs tapes

My mom is a huge trekkie so she actually had that thing from Columbia House Video where they'd send you the whole show on VHS every month or something, anyway like a week after she got All Good Things in the mail she saw an ad in a flyer for the original series on DVD and all I hear is "loving REALLY" from 2 floors away

Conclusion: Always steal your media

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Tighclops posted:

My mom is a huge trekkie so she actually had that thing from Columbia House Video where they'd send you the whole show on VHS every month or something, anyway like a week after she got All Good Things in the mail she saw an ad in a flyer for the original series on DVD and all I hear is "loving REALLY" from 2 floors away

I loving hated selling shows on VHS back then.
When DS9 was being aired, in the UK it was either watch it a year after it actually came out, or buy 2 episodes per VHS for £20.
£20 was a lot for us kids, so a friend and I decided to get them between us, each in turn.
Took us about 300-400 quids worth to realize was not loving worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Pleas stop posting about lexx or else I'll post another lexx hate tread. What a stupid loving show.

• Locked thread