Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

I said come in! posted:

Xenogears is really good but Xenosaga is not.

Xenophobia is even worse. :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jsor posted:

Xenophobia is even worse. :downsrim:

Don't worry, I laughed.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Xenogears is really good but Xenosaga is not.

I really tried to like the first game and couldn't get past the first hour, and have looked at horror at the poo poo on the internet about the sequels. :gonk:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I really tried to like the first game and couldn't get past the first hour, and have looked at horror at the poo poo on the internet about the sequels. :gonk:

Xenogears suffers from being a gigantic text dump at the start, the pacing really sucks. This was a common issue in jrpgs during the PSX era. A really bad trend with the reasoning being that making games more and more cinematic and story driven would always been a good thing.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Xenogears suffers from being a gigantic text dump at the start, the pacing really sucks. This was a common issue in jrpgs during the PSX era. A really bad trend with the reasoning being that making games more and more cinematic and story driven would always been a good thing.

Wait, I love Xenogears. I was talking about the Xenosaga games.

There's a short text dump, then a town to wander (with a Chrono Trigger cameo!) and some combat immediately after. It's good.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I tried to play Xenosaga 2 recently and it is unbearably slow. Remember that gag in the Who Shot Mr. Burns episode where Principal Skinner speaks so slowly and dully that Chief Wiggum can't help but sigh in exasperation? That's Xenosaga 2.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfvZOziLhZc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNeRcZlC1aU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

NoA released Xenoblade X special edition information today. No Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii U in America, ooh well.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

That artwork looks pretty rad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

That artwork looks pretty rad.

It does, I would buy that special edition except its already sold out despite only being available since this morning.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

I said come in! posted:

It does, I would buy that special edition except its already sold out despite only being available since this morning.

Actually, it was available for a bit yesterday immediately after it was announced at a con or something. I ordered it on Amazon yesterday afternoon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I wish someone could make a game that looks exactly like awesome 70s scifi art, but it's still pretty rad that they drew it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I said come in! posted:

They'll get more in, it's not even listed on Gamestop's site or computers yet. The same thing happened with many of the Tales special editions from Bamco and any of the Blizzard Special Editions, Amazon only has like a few hundred allocated by default until the proper number can be confirmed.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 30, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So BLADE now stands for Builders of the Legacy After the Destruction of Earth instead of the engrish trainwreck it used to mean.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

p. cool name considering they had to work with someone else's acronym

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I can't believe those censorious hawks at 8-4 discarded the visionary original phrase, "Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator".

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Supercar Gautier posted:

I can't believe those censorious hawks at 8-4 discarded the visionary original phrase, "Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator".

Would you keep something that sounded right out of Xenosaga?

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Sir Unimaginative posted:

The greatest surprise in Xenoblade isn't that the gameplay is good or that the protagonists are likable, it's that there aren't any acronyms and no one says the word "nanomachines".

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Microcline posted:

The greatest surprise in Xenoblade isn't that the gameplay is good or that the protagonists are likable, it's that there aren't any acronyms and no one says the word "nanomachines".

I'm still stunned that 0 of the regularly voiced cast got my nerves during the game. Sharla got close when Jojo'ing but the rest was solid, and Melia and Riki were surprisingly enjoyable/great.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Supercar Gautier posted:

First they got rid of DOLLS and now this, translators ruining the game.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i for one can't wait to hear the same VAs who dub every other anime game talk about skells for like a hundred hours

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

kalensc posted:

I'm still stunned that 0 of the regularly voiced cast got my nerves during the game. Sharla got close when Jojo'ing but the rest was solid, and Melia and Riki were surprisingly enjoyable/great.

vanea had some pretty bad voice acting and seven has some questionable moments but beyond that I strongly agree with the voice acting in this game being very good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lets hang out posted:

i for one can't wait to hear the same VAs who dub every other anime game talk about skells for like a hundred hours

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

lets hang out posted:

this, but unironically.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i also can't wait

AstrialJam
Apr 27, 2013

kalensc posted:

At first I was trying to remember when Sharla made awesome Jojo poses but then realized you were probably talking about Juju.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

lets hang out posted:

I am down for that. I am ready to immerse myself into their world(s).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lets hang out posted:

I'm still holding out hope for a Japanese language track option.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I need this getup

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

wateyad posted:

Actually it's a team thing. Team Symphonia games always use the square box skit portraits while Team Destiny games mostly (but not exclusively) use the full body ones. Zestiria uses the full body ones.

This is not making me want to get Zestiria on Steam. :(

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't see how that'd be an issue, much less a dealbreaker.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Some would

quote:

Judging by the first page of comments, the localization is heavily pandering to idiots, and lots of what made this game a xeno title is probably not going to make it through the localization for fear of making the lowest common denominator uncomfortable.

Honestly, if you didnt instantly understand what the original blade acronym was getting at, or understand that it obviously made sense and you just didnt have the information required, and then had the sense of mind to say google, 'logos'.... You shouldnt be playing a xeno game. They are not for you, there are thousands of games made every year that are, these do not need to conform to those ranks.

The acronym to blade was a powerful statement, that directly referenced the plot and theme of the game.... And a theme brought up in pretty much EVERY Xeno game.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Do Tales games still have that problem where the battles own but the rest of the game crawls at a loving painfully slow pace? I remember trying to play Vesperia again after Xenoblade and it just wasn't happening.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Terper posted:

Some would

wowza :eyepop:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Jesus you're a baby.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Terper posted:

Some would

I'm really glad all these years on people are still making these hilarious 'I'm a very smart person' posts about Xeno- games. I've never seen such a self-important and wildly pretentious fanbase

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why would this bother you at all, let alone enough to affect a purchasing decision?

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'm really glad all these years on people are still making these hilarious 'I'm a very smart person' posts about Xeno- games. I've never seen such a self-important and wildly pretentious fanbase

What about James Joyce fans

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Terper posted:

Some would

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I am excited to play Xenoblade Chronicles X on my Nintendo Wii U in a couple months

• Locked thread