Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
16-player local multiplayer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

16-player local multiplayer?

With a LAN. Pretty easy with some ethernet cables and a few TVs.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I didn't realize Runbow had online. How well does it work?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I didn't realize Runbow had online. How well does it work?

Yeah, online with 1 to 4 players able to go online from one console. Nintendo's doing some sort of online maintenance so now's probably not a good time to test it, but most of the things I've read online say it works okay when you can find people to play with.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

thexerox123 posted:

Um, is Nintendo not aware that there were games on the previous generation of consoles that allowed 16-player multiplayer?

What are they gonna do, advertise it as "less than 16 players can play locally or online!"?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Augus posted:

What are they gonna do, advertise it as "less than 16 players can play locally or online!"?

I was more taking issue with "The biggest couch-multiplayer experience you've ever seen" being the subject line of the email... I just found it funny that it was talking it up in a way that made me think of the fact that it wasn't even as many max players as a multiplayer game from the previous gen.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 29, 2015

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
when people think "couch mutliplayer" they dont tend to think lugging like four televisions and systems around

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Box of Bunnies posted:

when people think "couch mutliplayer" they dont tend to think lugging like four televisions and systems around

But you can only play up to 4 local multiplayer on Runbow, right?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Saturn Bomberman was real good

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

thexerox123 posted:

But you can only play up to 4 local multiplayer on Runbow, right?

No, you can play 9-player local multiplayer.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

How does the controller situation work out for 9 player Runbow? Smash needed the GC adapter to really handle 8 didn't it?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kelp Plankton posted:

How does the controller situation work out for 9 player Runbow? Smash needed the GC adapter to really handle 8 didn't it?

I'm guessing 2 players each on 4 wiimotes and 1 on the gamepad.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

Nah, you could have 8-player Smash without a single Gamecube controller. The system would enter a mode where it could accept up to 7 remotes or Pros, plus the Gamepad.

I don't think that's how Runbow does it, though. Pretty sure they do it by letting the remote/nunchuk control separate players.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Gamepad, 4 wireless controllers (Pro Controller or Wiimote), 4 tethered controllers (Classic Controller or Nunchuk).

Nintendo won't let anyone else use the GC adapter.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
It's a little late but it's still up Walmart has Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on their website for 29.99 (same as the e-shop sale). So if you'd rather have a physical copy over a digital I'd suggest moseying on over there sooner rather than later.

Edit:As far as I know his is NTSC only.

Hrvstmn31 fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Aug 30, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

New EU Club Nintendo update: Nintendo Sound Selection: Endings & Credits OST, 3000 Stars: http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/nintendo-sound-selection-endings--credits-471

This is the final Nintendo Sound Selection OST and was conceived as a send-off to Club Nintendo; it features a collection of credits tunes and ending themes to classic games from NES to Wii U. 2 discs, 30 tracks; liner notes in English. Track list:

But I don't have anymore stars :negative:

I'm 800 stars short this sucks.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 30, 2015

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Kurtofan posted:

But I don't have anymore stars :negative:

I'm 800 stars short this sucks.

You know the answer. Buy four old games. :getin:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Does the European eshop have any sale regulars, something inevitably showing up in discounts every other month?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SelenicMartian posted:

Does the European eshop have any sale regulars, something inevitably showing up in discounts every other month?

Shin Megami Tensei 4

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SelenicMartian posted:

Nothing good, just shovelware crap I don't bother mentioning in this thread anymore.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

less laughter posted:

Shin Megami Tensei 4

Nothing good, just shovelware crap I don't bother mentioning in this thread anymore.

:iceburn:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

And More posted:

You know the answer. Buy four old games. :getin:

Is there a way to be sure the stars aren't expired though?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

less laughter posted:

Shin Megami Tensei 4
drat, missed that by a couple of weeks.

Have they figured out what the new loyalty thing is? Club Nintendo is getting smothered by a Yoshi pillow in a month.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Kurtofan posted:

Is there a way to be sure the stars aren't expired though?

I suppose they'd have to be more recent games, but not too recent. You can't be sure, though, no.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

SelenicMartian posted:

Conception seems to be on sale all the time.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Conception seems to be on sale all the time.
Oh, what's that, never heard of it...
oh...
a baby making RPG...
Let's see some reviews and rankings...

Metacritic posted:

Ernste
May 25, 2014
This kind of harem game without japan audio will be a critical damage!!!!!! Dungeon is troublesome !! However , the sound cast !!! Chloe 's "tee-hee" WORST AS A HAREM GAME SOUND CAST !! ENGLISH SOUND RUIN EVERYTHING !!!! AT LEAST DUAL AUDIO !!!!! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS GAME FOR THOSE WHO SEEK FOR JAPAN AUDIO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE VOICE LACK OF EMOTION !!!!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a bad game even if you like anime as gently caress JRPG's

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

New EU Club Nintendo update: Nintendo Sound Selection: Endings & Credits OST, 3000 Stars: http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/nintendo-sound-selection-endings--credits-471

This is the final Nintendo Sound Selection OST and was conceived as a send-off to Club Nintendo; it features a collection of credits tunes and ending themes to classic games from NES to Wii U. 2 discs, 30 tracks; liner notes in English. Track list:

Why the gently caress do they keep adding more and more poo poo months after they have told everyone Club Nintendo is shutting down and added all those overpriced digital rewards for people to blow their last stars on? Nevermind the fact that you cannot get Stars anymore because new games don't include them.

Just loving shut it down already you cocks

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

thexerox123 posted:

With a LAN. Pretty easy with some ethernet cables and a few TVs.

You have a hosed up definition of "pretty easy"

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Katana Gomai posted:

Why the gently caress do they keep adding more and more poo poo months after they have told everyone Club Nintendo is shutting down and added all those overpriced digital rewards for people to blow their last stars on?

For smart people like me who know that good things come to those who wait and have saved all their stars

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm just glad I used my star points to get a golf ball with luigi's face on it instead of a good soundtrack

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
They're literally doing that camper minigame from Animal Crossing...offer you an item at a given price, which you can buy or pass on, offering another, but once you get the third item you're stuck with it and its price.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I got some ballin' 3DS game cases. Although I have too many games to fit everything in them. :negative:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Katana Gomai posted:

Clearly ethernet cables and TVs are professional equipment only to be handled by licensed professionals such as Geek Squad or Apple Store Geniuses.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

Have you ever been to a LAN party? It's not exactly rocket science system linking xbox consoles.

If you have 8-16 people getting together to play video games, chances are a few of them will have relatively portable TVs and ethernet cables.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 30, 2015

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

thexerox123 posted:

Have you ever been to a LAN party? It's not exactly rocket science system linking xbox consoles.

If you have 8-16 people getting together to play video games, chances are a few of them will have relatively portable TVs and ethernet cables.

"Pretty easy" is not transporting televisions and game consoles to another destination. "Pretty easy" is "the console allows 8 controllers to be connected wirelessly".

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fremry posted:

"Pretty easy" is not transporting televisions and game consoles to another destination. "Pretty easy" is "the console allows 8 controllers to be connected wirelessly".

They're both pretty easy. It's not mutually exclusive. And it's not like the ad said anything about it being the easiest multiplayer experience out there, anyways.

A local multiplayer experience can still be bigger even if it takes a few minutes more setup.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Katana Gomai posted:

Why the gently caress do they keep adding more and more poo poo months after they have told everyone Club Nintendo is shutting down and added all those overpriced digital rewards for people to blow their last stars on? Nevermind the fact that you cannot get Stars anymore because new games don't include them.

Just loving shut it down already you cocks

I thought they were just offloading crap from the Japanese Club Nintendo but they actually bothered to translate the liner notes for that CD so I really don't know what's up.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
No NOE PR today, but Sin & Punishment, Runbow and Gunman Clive HD Collection are all confirmed for this week.

NA is getting Vs. Excitebike on the Wii U VC today, too - it's the Famicom Disk System version of the game and includes simultaneous multiplayer, read/write saves for the track editor and some other touch-ups but it's not hugely different from the NES version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Why does Nintendo use .bmp for screenshots?
Like this one's gallery https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Bravely-Second-End-Layer-1027213.html

Is it just a Europe thing?