Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

365 Nog Hogger posted:

I really just want Julio to have the bestest year whether or not I fall into a position to draft him. :angel:

Well luckily that dumpster fire of an O-line doesn't play against Suh and Wake again this season. Temper your expectations week 4 vs JJ Watt, but other than that the Falcons should have a good passing offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
myles white could make the gb roster. he's had a good preseason.

just to add to the wr3 mess in green bay

janis had 3 receptions for 72 yards and a td

montgomery had 2 receptions for 71 yards

white had 9 receptions for 89 yards

i really have no idea who is going to be the starting wr3 at this point

or wr2 if cobb is out :negative:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

TubeStank posted:

myles white could make the gb roster. he's had a good preseason.

just to add to the wr3 mess in green bay

janis had 3 receptions for 72 yards and a td

montgomery had 2 receptions for 71 yards

white had 9 receptions for 89 yards

i really have no idea who is going to be the starting wr3 at this point

or wr2 if cobb is out :negative:

This is approaching Saints levels of Do Not Want for me outside of Rodgers and Lacy.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I think I might just do a standard ESPN pubbie auction, and take all the hot Goon players, never adjust the lineup and see where it fairs based on total points vs the rest of the league.

I have:

Julio
Abdullah
D Adams
Bradford (my own hype)
Brady
Alghor (sp? probably)
Charles Johnson

Need some more HOT picks!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

I think I might just do a standard ESPN pubbie auction, and take all the hot Goon players, never adjust the lineup and see where it fairs based on total points vs the rest of the league.

I have:

Julio
Abdullah
D Adams
Bradford (my own hype)
Brady
Alghor (sp? probably)
Charles Johnson

Need some more HOT picks!

Stevie, Ivory, Doug Martin, Decker, Perriman, and Ryan Matthews are all great guys to target in an auction for your bench. But really your starting RB/RB/WR are the most important thing about your auction draft so get nice studs there then target all these other dudes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

I want off Chip's wild ride.

Never

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Does anyone know the short term effects of switching to FAAB (not continuous) in an ESPN league that's already drafted?

All available players are currently in free agency. Does it immediately lock them for one pre-season auction in one or more days? Or do all players continue to be free agents until the week 1 games?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Duke is concussed. Should I consider dropping for Stevie, or hang tight? 0.5 PPR

RB: Lacy, Hyde, Spiller, Blount, Duke, Woodhead
WR: Dez, Green, VJax, Torrey

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Terrance West is dogshit, right? With Duke down the Browns will be mostly using Isaiah Crowell?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Ok. My draft is tomorrow and I have the first overall pick in a standard scoring league. I can't decide who to pick. Here are the arguments against each:

(1) Bell - Suspended, incredibly likely to get injured. Injuries on the O-Line.
(2) AP - 30.5 years old. I guess he could be a bit 'rusty', but really that's it. Only one person has put up a top 10 performance at that age so far.
(3) Lacy - Concussions. Really worried about him missing time.
(4) Charles - Almost 29 years old. I guess that's it. Perhaps he's the safest option here?
(5) Lynch - 28 years old. High number of career carries, weaker O-Line.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CompeAnansi posted:

Ok. My draft is tomorrow and I have the first overall pick in a standard scoring league. I can't decide who to pick. Here are the arguments against each:

(2) AP - 30.5 years old. I guess he could be a bit 'rusty', but really that's it. Only one person has put up a top 10 performance at that age so far.
(4) Charles - Almost 29 years old. I guess that's it. Perhaps he's the safest option here?

Lacy. Especially given the passing issues, I'd love him first overall.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

CompeAnansi posted:

lacy has gotten one concussion from brandon merriweather targeting his head and another from kam hitting high while using a different helmet (he has since switched back to his older helmet). packers play pretty conservatively with him.

i'd say that charles is a better option than lacy overall, but with nelson out lacy will be a bigger factor in the passing game than last year.

sort of a coin flip depending upon the extent of cobb's injury

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Terrance West is dogshit, right? With Duke down the Browns will be mostly using Isaiah Crowell?

The answer is none. None more Brown.

alathar
Jan 6, 2004
O_o
LM changed scoring settings and I didn't check until today (draft is tomorrow). Already contacted them with concerns about the changes, but just in case we go ahead with it:

quote:

100-199 yard receiving game. (5 point)
Every 5 receiving yards. (1 point)
100-199 yard rushing game. (5 points)
40+ yard TD rush bonus. (1 point)
50+ yard TD rush bonus. (1 point, don't know if it will stack with the 40+?)
Every 5 rushing yards. (1 point)
Rushing Attempts. (1 point per)
Every 10 passing yards. (1 point)
Each Pass Completed. (1 point per)

And yet no PPR. Beer, I'm guessing it's too late to request a custom sheet (would it even be possible??). Obvious huge bumps for QBs and RBs, but I can't tell which one got the bigger bump (and how much to devalue receivers). I'm also worried about the rushing attempts and pass completed points giving standard-irrelevant players a lot of value. Any help/advice/players to definitely grab would be greatly appreciated. Minor panic attack ahoy!

Edit: Looked at 2014 scoring with these rules. Antonio Brown is #32 in flex positions behind 31 rbs. Nice.

alathar fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 30, 2015

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
The Browns may be a punchline but they still have a pretty great line for run blocking. I wouldn't be surprised if there's real value to that backfield. Still think Duke has potential in PPR but in standard, I'd lean Crowell.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

alathar posted:

LM changed scoring settings and I didn't check until today (draft is tomorrow). Already contacted them with concerns about the changes, but just in case we go ahead with it:

And yet no PPR. Beer, I'm guessing it's too late to request a custom sheet (would it even be possible??). Obvious huge bumps for QBs and RBs, but I can't tell which one got the bigger bump (and how much to devalue receivers). I'm also worried about the rushing attempts and pass completed points giving standard-irrelevant players a lot of value. Any help/advice/players to definitely grab would be greatly appreciated. Minor panic attack ahoy!

Sever.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

alathar posted:

Edit: Looked at 2014 scoring with these rules. Antonio Brown is #32 in flex positions behind 31 rbs. Nice.

Also QBs are stupidly more valuable with the 1 point per completion too. Basically your draft should be a QB and like 5 RBs in the first 6 rounds, then worry about other positions later.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

The Browns may be a punchline but they still have a pretty great line for run blocking. I wouldn't be surprised if there's real value to that backfield. Still think Duke has potential in PPR but in standard, I'd lean Crowell.

Yeah I don't think the concussion changes much for the regular season. Crowell still probably the best runner, but the coaching staff doesn't seem to like him off the field. TWest is actually almost as good as Crowell, and they actually drafted him in the 3rd or something. He'll continue to get the most leeway - they want him to be the guy. Duke has a lot of promise as a pass catching back and shows some great burst, but he just doesn't have the size to be an every down volume back.

It could remain a three headed monster all year, but duke has ppr value and the other two have enough of a chance of becoming 1a that I would be willing to gamble on them if I missed out on Ronnie in the last four rounds and needed more RB risk. Wouldn't blame anybody for going Buck Allen or the one behind Morris instead though. Though I usually find myself taking WR upside in those rounds after taking earlier Ryan Mathews etc.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

alathar posted:

First of all your LM is a cock for doing this without getting everyone to vote on it. That setup is hosed. That said maybe I can help. I'll need to know your number of players and the starting lineup for QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, and flexes (R/W/T, R/W, W/T, Q/R/W/T).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm loving what I'm seeing from the Eagles in pre-season, and as a fan it's always going to be in my head to want to draft players from my team but they don't make it easy. The RB situation is ridiculous, and to the point where I feel like they're constantly going to be switching around players rather than relying on one elite RB. It happened to a degree with McCoy/Sproles last year, but Murray/Sproles/Matthews and one of Mosthert and Barner (probably the latter) I think I'd rather pick up one of them as a bargain rather than poo poo away first or second pick on Murray.

WR is a bit easier, as the only one with promise is Jordan Matthews who I'll probably try to grab before anyone else does but relying on people using the Yahoo rankings and working out when he's likely to be grabbed.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I think Murray is safe from a productivity perspective as long as he is drafted in the 2nd and that you pick up Mathews as well.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think that's fair. It's my 3rd year of FF, I got really lucky with the draft last year I think but this year we're up to 12 teams from 10 and I'm 11th on the draft order. So I have 2 picks in 4 turns which is great, but I'm going to see a lot of talent go out before I get a shot and then it's a long, long wait until my 3rd/4th picks. I think if all the best RBs are drying up then I'll plump for the best I can in RB and then probably an elite level WR in my 2nd pick and hope that starts a bit of a chain off and deflects attention from the remaining RBs so much!

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
I looked at the difference in overall points and points per game in a standard scoring league and in my "special" league for the top 12 players in each position. Tight end number in parenthesis is position 2-12, because Gronk.

pre:
Position     Overall STD     Overall Special     PPG STD     PPG Special

QB              88                 232           5.5           14.5
 RB              123                307           7.7           19
 WR              84                 198           5.3           12.4
 TE              94(64)             129(80)       5.8(4)        8.1(5)
 D/ST            56                 147           3.5           9.2
 K               36                 47            2.2           3 
So, looking at this it seems that RB is still the way to go but QB take a pretty big leap in importance as well. D/ST should be fixed this year, last year commish had it set to 1 point per tackle. Eagles were the top D/ST with 1601 points at the end of the season.

Any advice? (Aside from sever)

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

I think Murray is safe from a productivity perspective as long as he is drafted in the 2nd and that you pick up Mathews as well.

This.

Bradford and Agholor also should be owned in every league. Huff and Sproles should be on folks radars as well. Basically Chip Kelly is fantasy gold. No need to be nervous if you handcuff Murray.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Browns running game will sort itself out eventually. I would want to own Crow if I could only have one because he will get goal line carries and should be presumed the started until something changes. West will get looks, the fans dislike him more than the coaching staff so don't believe those rumors. Duke was supposed, in the fans eyes, be the savior and start by like week 2 and run for 1400 yards and catch 600 or so lol, but with the concussion and 5 snaps in the pre season I am very wary of him. Still in PPR he is a nice late round value.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Is dropbox dead for anyone else? Can't get the site or app working right now.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Forever_Peace posted:

This.

Bradford and Agholor also should be owned in every league. Huff and Sproles should be on folks radars as well. Basically Chip Kelly is fantasy gold. No need to be nervous if you handcuff Murray.

Welcome to Chips wild ride :ohdear:

Personally I want nothing to do with Sproles, or Matthews (RB) in regular fantasy. At least until Matthews misses time, which he will.

Then again, I don't have an RB flex spot in my league so that's where I'm coming from.

Also to the Eagles fan drafting Eagles, get ready to double your Sunday agony if your team loses and your guy does nothing because Chip had a whimsical revolutionary idea and had the TE and Cooper (lol) run weird trick plays and score all the points.

Or decide to just play Sproles as the RB1 for an important game and gently caress Murray. I hate this ride already.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Reik posted:

Same. Thought it was just my computer (it's an old piece of poo poo) but happy to hear that's not the case.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

LmaoTheKid posted:

Matthews (RB)

Ryan Mathews only has one T in his name, easy to differentiate between him and Jordan Matthews.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

Browns running game will sort itself out eventually. I would want to own Crow if I could only have one because he will get goal line carries and should be presumed the started until something changes. West will get looks, the fans dislike him more than the coaching staff so don't believe those rumors. Duke was supposed, in the fans eyes, be the savior and start by like week 2 and run for 1400 yards and catch 600 or so lol, but with the concussion and 5 snaps in the pre season I am very wary of him. Still in PPR he is a nice late round value.

West had twice as many red zone looks (27 carries, 4 targets) as Crow (15 carries) last year and is getting the first goal-line carries this preseason so I'm not really sure I agree with your assessment here.

FWIW I still really like Crowell's vision and running style and think he has the best potential to hit home runs, but West has the better build and the better tackle-breaking ability to be the between-the-tackles bruiser I think they're looking for. The coaching staff likes him and his adp is lower so as a fantasy gamble I'd actually lean slightly towards West I think (West often goes undrafted while Crowell goes in like the 8th round or something ridiculous like that).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LmaoTheKid posted:

Also to the Eagles fan drafting Eagles, get ready to double your Sunday agony if your team loses and your guy does nothing because Chip had a whimsical revolutionary idea and had the TE and Cooper (lol) run weird trick plays and score all the points.

Or decide to just play Sproles as the RB1 for an important game and gently caress Murray. I hate this ride already.

It's going to be another season shouting at my phone and shouting at my TV. Wouldn't have it any other way, mind.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Nothing works out for us. The BabyBacks as they were called last year, with Duke would be a real nice IRL option, but until things shake out, if they do, I am just not buying anyone, in that backfield. Speaking of the Browns, does Bowe have any FF value? I also like Benji as a late round flyer, he took a punt to the house last night, and is going to be a WR4 that plays a good amount and just who knows, if the stars align he could be a bye week or injury fill in MAYBE, not bad for a late round pick.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

weas posted:

Ryan Mathews only has one T in his name, easy to differentiate between him and Jordan Matthews.

There was another T but he broke it.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Welcome to Chips wild ride :ohdear:

Personally I want nothing to do with Sproles, or Matthews (RB) in regular fantasy. At least until Matthews misses time, which he will.

Then again, I don't have an RB flex spot in my league so that's where I'm coming from.

Dallas' treatment of Demarco last year was borderline unethical. They knew they were letting him go and didn't give a poo poo if they broke his body down in the process. I know that Chip Kelly has a lot of faith in his sports medicine department (in this case, five years and $40 million dollars worth of faith), but while I'm hopeful that they know what they're doing, I'm not convinced as of yet that they can restore the damage to his body. When he's healthy, he's gonna tear poo poo up, and the Eagles run more plays than anybody so any fantasy owner worth their stuff is going to want shares of that offense, but Mathews is a fantastic backup if Murray does break down at some point. In that offense, I think he could easily slot right in for 85%+ of Demarco's production. In the meantime, he'll even have some standalone bye-week value with like 10+ carries per game and some redzone looks, which is tough to say about basically any other handcuff in the league right now. I'd prefer CJA/Ronnie, but failing that, Demarco/Mathews is a pretty good hedge.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Sproles will be the starter by week 9.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm thinking that part of the Eagles strategy for "healing" Demarco will be a deeper timeshare than fantasy people are expecting.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Reik posted:

I NEED MY SHEETS :(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

District Selectman posted:

I'm thinking that part of the Eagles strategy for "healing" Demarco will be a deeper timeshare than fantasy people are expecting.

People need to pay attention to how Chip uses his offense. Literally like everyone gets targets and carries. Everyone. It's been that way since college and it will continue to be that way in the pros. He's very intelligent at rotating guys and keeping them fresh. The only reliable TD scorers in a Chip Kelly offense are the #1 WR and the QB.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

ShaneB posted:

I NEED MY SHEETS :(

Draft in 2 hours :( Also need my sheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Reik posted:

Draft in 2 hours :( Also need my sheets.

haha same. Had all my poo poo saved on my work computer (RIP my productivity), which I then so intelligently left at work on Friday.

• Locked thread