Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Level 3 had some sort of major WHOOPS moment on the 27th, an "unexpected issue with routine network configuration change" type whoops that broke poo poo at a USA wide level. I tried to connect earlier tonight but the launcher took forever to do anything so I said fuckit. One of the community mods in the Neverwinter section blamed this outage for everything wrong with trying to connect to Neverwinter. Doing traceroutes to patchserver.crypticstudios.com from my computer goes to poo poo somewhere in the Cogento network, on a hop that's named for something in Boston... which is where Cryptics servers apparently are.

Here, have some pretty pictures: http://imgur.com/a/9fNKD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

MikeJF posted:

Given that they're almost certainly not gonna give me the T6 corvette that I want, which of the three Fed pilot ships is the best? Mercury?

The sci one that gives subwarp sheath as a trait is the one I'd go for.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MREBoy posted:

Level 3 had some sort of major WHOOPS moment on the 27th, an "unexpected issue with routine network configuration change" type whoops that broke poo poo at a USA wide level. I tried to connect earlier tonight but the launcher took forever to do anything so I said fuckit. One of the community mods in the Neverwinter section blamed this outage for everything wrong with trying to connect to Neverwinter. Doing traceroutes to patchserver.crypticstudios.com from my computer goes to poo poo somewhere in the Cogento network, on a hop that's named for something in Boston... which is where Cryptics servers apparently are.

Here, have some pretty pictures: http://imgur.com/a/9fNKD
Yeah, Cryptic confirmed that it seems. If on the Neverwinter forum and not the STO one. :ughh:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MikeJF posted:

Given that they're almost certainly not gonna give me the T6 corvette that I want, which of the three Fed pilot ships is the best? Mercury?

Is that the science one? Yes.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
TECHNOLOGY IS A LIE , GET OFF THE GRID, BUY MECHANICAL WATCHES, BE A GOD #TrumpForPresident

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Visited with an old, good friend for the first time in almost a year yesterday. He's still playing regularly, thinks everything's fine and, at worst, the Featured Episode bonuses make up for the horrifying grinds.

I fear for his children.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Actually the FE spec point rewards are pretty great for a casual, I'd imagine. Probably the one smart move, on Cryptic's part, that I can recall in recent memory.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mondian posted:

Actually the FE spec point rewards are pretty great for a casual, I'd imagine. Probably the one smart move, on Cryptic's part, that I can recall in recent memory.

The temporal research doff things from the last lockbox too. Comes at the same spec point grind issue but from the other end.

For quite a while, the question from space rich / cash whale players was "why don't you loving sell spec points? I would pay not to grind!"

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Holy poo poo if you could buy unbound spec point crates from the C-store....

:homebrew:

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Mondian posted:

Holy poo poo if you could buy unbound spec point crates from the C-store....

:homebrew:

Then they go and do it and everyone bitches that they are selling them in the C-Store. Throwing them in the lockboxes as a possible alternative prize and were unbound would be ok.

Lafarg fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 31, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

crazed pubbie posted:

Anyone who knows the name 'Druk' knows you are a troll at ESD. For the last 3 years I've witnessed you start arguments for hours on end, almost on a daily basis. The chat would be quiet or people will be having a friendly conversation and you pop in saying things like "they're trying to take our guns away" or "Edward Snowden needs to pay for his crimes" (you were actually trying to convince people to hunt him down and kill him in real life). If people don't respond you say it again, or something else of a political or religious nature, until it triggers a negative response. Then you keep people arguing for hours, and I do mean HOURS. I could come back 3 or 4 hours later and you're still there arguing.

And that stunt you pulled on Risa this year during the summer event. You weren't on Risa for a week or so and the place had never been so pleasant. Then one day I log in and people are arguing about gun control AND gay marriage, AT THE SAME TIME, and you were right in the middle of BOTH arguments. It's amazing how you managed to pull that off.

I think I'm finally putting the pieces of the puzzle together, Druk.

Ever since that stunt on Risa you have been behaving yourself in the game. It's a nice surprise to go to ESD, see you there, and not one argument about politics or religion.

I think what happened was, you finally got your rear end handed to you by a moderator or GM after that stunt on Risa and Starfleet Dental didn't take too kindly to Cryptic having the nerve of punishing one of their own. So SFD went to Cryptic with ice cream in an effort to bully them into submission, to get Cryptic off their back, to let Cryptic know who is boss. And, as I pointed out, SFD said on their own forums that Cryptic is "in their back pockets", meaning SFD owns this game.

Ever since that thread where SFD posted about going to Cryptic Studios and given them ice cream, they have stepped up their game on the forums, way more than usual. Go into any thread where players are expressing dissatisfaction about something and antagonizing them. Doing everything in their power to incite anger and negative comments and Cryptic hasn't done poo poo about it, other then simply close a thread that got out of hand.

Cryptic shows favoritism to SFD. And I find it very unethical for them to take a bribe of ice cream in order to "look the other way" when they misbehave and cause problems in the game. If I did some of the things SFD do in the game, I'd get punished for it, but SFD can do whatever the gently caress they want and Cryptic won't enforce the rules of the game equally. SFD seem to be exempt of the rules.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12703671/#Comment_12703671

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I like how that pubbie has unironically gone for maximum tinfoil grade paranoia.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Oh no, Druk, he's sussed you out! :tinfoil:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's true, the Star Trek Online playerbase is a group of enlightened rational actors who never ever argue about politics or racism until a denalt trolls ruins the pleasant zone chat.

Shame on you. Shame.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
"So SFD went to Cryptic with ice cream in an effort to bully them into submission"

"So SFD went to Cryptic with ice cream in an effort to bully them into submission"

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Aug 31, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

They must have had a very weird high school experience.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

This thread is on lockdown, someone gave that troglodyte on the STO forums our thread and now he's posting our secrets over there. I just had to field a call from one of our devs, there's a crackdown going on looking for leaks. We may lose our extra dil turn in if it goes too deep. Don't post any more secrets in here, we don't need our dev getting fired and losing backdoor privs.

Korgan fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Aug 31, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
*uses super intelligence (that's what mom told them) to surf the publicly viewable forum threads on SA for top secret intel*

*still has no idea what a pubbie is*

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Once again Grimrak has leaked our space secrets to the space public. This will not space stand. Clean out your space desk, you're space fired.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
Denult Excommunicanius Zero Omega V: Blue

Auth Code: Who are the Wesleys?

AotC
May 16, 2010

That auth code is no longer valid due to the following.

Please contact the Shutup Wesley Bureau of Internal Affairs for more information.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I continue to post in the other thread. I don't know why you guys aren't.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Just woke up to this poo poo. Can't believe we've been compromised again, and, from the looks of it, this one isn't going to go away anytime soon. Looks like it's time for MOPP to disappear for the time being until we can reorganize and get Cryptic's green light. See y'all in a few months.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Does this mean I actually have to farm dil now? I mean they gotta know about that by now, too, right?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Here's hoping they can't see this. I have plans to meet up with Cryptic Studios later next year. We haven't fine-tuned what to expect, but it may change the outcome of STO forever.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I hope this leak hasn't compromised agent Xean's identity.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Acer Pilot posted:

I hope this leak hasn't compromised agent Xean's identity.

Which Xean though? Girl Xean, Goth Xean or Xean classic?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
I'm ceasing infiltration operations so that STO players don't discover what Operation Pubbie is.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Korgan posted:

This thread is on lockdown, someone gave that troglodyte on the STO forums our thread and now he's posting our secrets over there. I just had to field a call from one of our devs, there's a crackdown going on looking for leaks. We may lose our extra dil turn in if it goes too deep. Don't post any more secrets in here, we don't need our dev getting fired and losing backdoor privs.

gently caress!

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

hakimashou posted:

Um, intimidating devs with ice cream is a cold rear end move.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
You guys have never beaten up the nerds in the halls so you could savor the pleasure of force feeding them a sundae? What the gently caress planet did you all grow up on?

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Korgan posted:

This guy apologized and said he was on his period so no big deal.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Mogomra posted:

You guys have never beaten up the nerds in the halls so you could savor the pleasure of force feeding them a sundae? What the gently caress planet did you all grow up on?

A single brain-freeze is more traumatizing than a dozen swirlies. Fact.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

CrushedWill posted:

Um, intimidating devs with ice cream is a cold rear end move.

This woman is intimidating me with her ice cream.
http://www.inquisitr.com/99231/icecreamists-breast-milk-ice-cream/

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
new Queue

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9527023-star-trek-online%3A-counterpoint

Very little information, it is on tribble though.

Basically we're defending DS9 from a mirror invasion.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Tuskin38 posted:

new Queue

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9527023-star-trek-online%3A-counterpoint

Very little information, it is on tribble though.

Basically we're defending DS9 from a mirror invasion.

But this time we have neelix to help out and neelix the problem! Marvel as you shoot 1000000 HP sink ships with neelix providing commentary !

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
I'm thinking Mirror Universe Event re-skin, but for permanent now.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Axe-man posted:

But this time we have neelix to help out and neelix the problem! Marvel as you shoot 1000000 HP sink ships with neelix providing commentary !

Does a million HP take that long to tear down these days, if you know what you're doing?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

If you're not awful you'd have to mash spacebar for like a whole 30 seconds to blow that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
"I will take my stronghold across and lay waste to those who oppose me" and that pic made me think that actually we'll be destroying Mirror DS9 as it breaches our universe.

• Locked thread