Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

haha same. Had all my poo poo saved on my work computer (RIP my productivity), which I then so intelligently left at work on Friday.

The only thing I had memorized from the sheets was Charlie Sims' value of 1,000,000 :(

EDIT: Dropbox started working. Charlie Sims must've seen my praise and rewarded me thusly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
If I take Andrew Luck 1.2 in my startup 4 keeper league, just how dumb am I? I really can't talk myself out of it. He won't be there at the end of the 2nd, and it isn't value, but I just want to do it, just like the guy that took Watt in the 1st round. Oh well. 6PTD 1PPR.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Main league draft coming up in 4 hours, need to pick my keeper option. Can keep a player drafted from round 9 on for up to 2 years, by giving up the previous round draft pick.

My options are:
Martellus Bennett - 11
Percy Harvin - 13 (heavy pass)
Ben Roethlisberger - 17

Leaning heavy towards keeping Ben for my 2nd last round pick, but is Bennett the better option here? Or am I just overthinking this?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Michael Corleone posted:

If I take Andrew Luck 1.2 in my startup 4 keeper league, just how dumb am I? I really can't talk myself out of it. He won't be there at the end of the 2nd, and it isn't value, but I just want to do it, just like the guy that took Watt in the 1st round. Oh well. 6PTD 1PPR.

With 6PTD I think luck is like 4-5th overall, taking him second isn't that dumb.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Rick Grimes posted:

Main league draft coming up in 4 hours, need to pick my keeper option. Can keep a player drafted from round 9 on for up to 2 years, by giving up the previous round draft pick.

My options are:
Martellus Bennett - 11
Percy Harvin - 13 (heavy pass)
Ben Roethlisberger - 17

Leaning heavy towards keeping Ben for my 2nd last round pick, but is Bennett the better option here? Or am I just overthinking this?

i'd go with ben. bennett should be productive for chicago, but it's also chicago and they're a tire fire.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Reik posted:

With 6PTD I think luck is like 4-5th overall, taking him second isn't that dumb.

Done. That is why I can't really trade down because I figure someone will take him, 6 is available, but I am just going to do it and be set. Thanks!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
God I don't want to even think about how many Reddit PMs I have about DB being down.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

What sort of volume do you get in terms of PMs normally? Honest question.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Good question. Volume is key in any PM fantasy league!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My completely arbitrary scoring keeper auction IDP league is tonight.

:supaburn:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zombie Tsunami posted:

What sort of volume do you get in terms of PMs normally? Honest question.

50 per day at peak. The custom request older is around 5000 lines long.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
EDIT: My bad!

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 30, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Nope. You're in the wrong thread.

Beer got some #famouspeopleproblems. You do goons proud my man. :3

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:siren: We have a thread for rating teams http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736579

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

50 per day at peak. The custom request older is around 5000 lines long.
If any post is deserving of a :captainpop: this is it. I commend you on doing all of this for free.

Yeah gently caress you, guy!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Fear not friends:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please play week 1 cobb I already have bell missing the first 2 weeks

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Thoughts on this trade offer:

Give: Andre Johnson, Ryan Mathews, Bishop Sankey

Get: Mike Evans

Trade is to the Murray owner - Evans would be my WR2 and I have plenty of RB and WR depth to make this happen. Sankey is my 5th RB, and Mathews was a high upside lotto pick I bought late in the draft. Cobb is my WR1, so I like the idea of bringing in another heavy hitter to help out if he misses extensive time.

Edit: .5 PPR

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Type I and II AC joint injuries (sprains) usually recover within 3-6 weeks. Week 1 is pretty unlikely, but so is missing an excessive amount of time.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
By my advanced stat projections, Brandin Cooks will get about 25,326 targets this year

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Benne posted:

By my advanced stat projections, Brandin Cooks will get about 25,326 targets this year

Sounds legit.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Y'all DeAndre Hopkins is gonna own no matter who's throwing him the ball

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Get: Kyle Rudolph TE MIN, Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN, Justin Forsett RB BAL
Give: Travis Kelce TE KC

What do you guys think? I'd be stuck with like I have Josh Hill and Jace Amaro at TE, and probably need to drop Hill to receive the three players (have one bench slot and wouldn't need to drop anyone if GB would just get off their lazy asses and IR Jordy).

But I'm down Jordy. Starting AJ Green, Charles Johnson, Golden Tate as my top 3 WR. Have Forte, Abdullah, Sankey, and Vereen at RB.

.5 PPR, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex, no special scoring for TEs.

Seems like it's pretty good value for Kelce

edit: This is Dynasty

Azhais fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 30, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

Thoughts on this trade offer:

Give: Andre Johnson, Ryan Mathews, Bishop Sankey

Get: Mike Evans

Trade is to the Murray owner - Evans would be my WR2 and I have plenty of RB and WR depth to make this happen. Sankey is my 5th RB, and Mathews was a high upside lotto pick I bought late in the draft. Cobb is my WR1, so I like the idea of bringing in another heavy hitter to help out if he misses extensive time.

Edit: .5 PPR

He is trying to fleece you. On my sheets I don't have AJ80 and Evans separated by a huge gulf (7-9 spots), and I believe that AJ80 + Mathews offers more value on paper than Evans. Take Sankey out of the picture and I can see that trade happening.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Azhais posted:

Dynasty I probably would not.

It's a no brainer in redraft, but Sanders and Forsett are gonna suck within two years in dynasty. I'd only take that trade if I was a significant title contender. In other words, you're correct that it's close to a fair offer, but I think you're not the right team to take it.

Spend the open slot on Langford or Zenner instead.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Azhais posted:

What do you guys think? I'd be stuck with like I have Josh Hill and Jace Amaro at TE, and probably need to drop Hill to receive the three players (have one bench slot and wouldn't need to drop anyone if GB would just get off their lazy asses and IR Jordy).

But I'm down Jordy. Starting AJ Green, Charles Johnson, Golden Tate as my top 3 WR. Have Forte, Abdullah, Sankey, and Vereen at RB.

.5 PPR, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex, no special scoring for TEs.

Seems like it's pretty good value for Kelce

edit: This is Dynasty

Basically what this does it enhance your ability to win at the WR2 and RB2 positions for this year, while hamstringing your TE situation this and future years. On paper it's a good trade, I'm curious what is his RB and WR situation that he's able to give up a WR2 and an RB1.5 for a guy who admittedly is a physical freak but is not being utilized fully.

If Abdullah becomes Abdullah though, you may not have need of Forsett and would have a conundrum at the flex position. I think you should stand pat.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Benne posted:

I'm not insanely crazy about Connor Cook or Jared Goff just yet but next year Hopkin's ADP should be through the roof if he has either one of those guys throwing him the rock.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Suave Fedora posted:

I'm curious what is his RB and WR situation that he's able to give up a WR2 and an RB1.5 for a guy who admittedly is a physical freak but is not being utilized fully.

He's basically rebuilding. he's got Forsett, Morris, Ellington, Ajayi, Zenner at RB and Sanders, Watkins, Adams, Lafell, Colston, Patterson, Bowe, Cooper, Coates at WR (and everyone old on that list is on the block)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Forever_Peace posted:

Dynasty I probably would not.

Spend the open slot on Langford or Zenner instead.

Langford and Zenner were both drafted and rostered. I'm in 8 dynasty leagues and I don't know one of them were either of those guys are still available. I'd love to have Langford what with me having Forte, but it was not to be.

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Is anyone looking for a league member for a draft tonight? I have the rest of the night free and would love to get in another league, preferably a money league but either is fine.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Azhais posted:

Langford and Zenner were both drafted and rostered. I'm in 8 dynasty leagues and I don't know one of them were either of those guys are still available. I'd love to have Langford what with me having Forte, but it was not to be.

C'est la vie. Langford was going mid-30s in rookie drafts and Zenner mid-40s (if he was drafted at all), figured I'd mention them in case they were there because there are certainly leagues where they slipped through (because you have Forte and because Zenner could be pretty good).

In other news, some quick thoughts on the first half of HOU/NO:
- This game was real boring ya'll.
- I was too high on Polk. I know the Texans have been after him for years, and I liked him in PHI, but he is clearly buried in the depth chart and did not look good. Blue got every-down reps with the starters and looked solid doing it, and proved last year he can carry volume for a few games while Foster recovers. Grimes actually got the second look, and looked slightly above JAG-level. Polk was the third to come in, looked no better than Grimes in his runs, and most importantly, behaved as if both his quarterbacks were speaking exclusively in pig latin. He didn't know what the gently caress was going on and had trouble even when given specific instructions. Oh well.
- Nuke owns. Don't care who the quarterbacks are.
- Second-year TE CJ Fiedorowicz was surprisingly an every-down starter with the first team. Usually started in-line, and ran a lot of decent-looking routes. Having caught four (4) passes total last season, he's still got a lot of ground to cover before being redraft relevant, but he's still a dynasty guy to monitor. A red zone bullet to Griffin with the 2nd team lends a bit of credence to all the lip service they've been paying to getting the TEs more involved.
- Ingram got huge volume, but I don't think that will be representative. Spiller is still recovering from the knee scope and should be back week 1. With Khiry out with an undisclosed injury, Hightower got second-team snaps and looked pretty good for a dude who hasn't played a down since 2011. This probably says more about the Texans second-stringers than Hightower, naturally.
- I'm sad Wilfork isn't a patriot any more.

I dunno I'm all out here this game was not pretty to watch.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Dress rehearsal game my rear end. Basically 1 series for Brees/Cooks/Ingram.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Benne posted:

Agreed, my MFL10 portfolio has high shares of him, Doug Martin, and Darren Sproles. Hoping for some good things this year.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Loving your game notes Forever; good work

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PyroDwarf posted:

I looked at the difference in overall points and points per game in a standard scoring league and in my "special" league for the top 12 players in each position. Tight end number in parenthesis is position 2-12, because Gronk.

pre:
Position     Overall STD     Overall Special     PPG STD     PPG Special

QB              88                 232           5.5           14.5
 RB              123                307           7.7           19
 WR              84                 198           5.3           12.4
 TE              94(64)             129(80)       5.8(4)        8.1(5)
 D/ST            56                 147           3.5           9.2
 K               36                 47            2.2           3 
So, looking at this it seems that RB is still the way to go but QB take a pretty big leap in importance as well. D/ST should be fixed this year, last year commish had it set to 1 point per tackle. Eagles were the top D/ST with 1601 points at the end of the season.

Any advice? (Aside from sever)

There's something seriously wrong with your points calcs here. There's no way the average top-12 QB only makes 5.5 points per game in standard, for example, or the average top-12 WR only makes 5.3, etc.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Got offered gronk and Wayne (who i don't really care about) for Jeffery and Andre Johnson in my a .5 ppr league. I want to mash accept, but my wr situation woyld be pretty blah

Before trade i have
Ryan / Bradford
AP / Forsett / Blount / Coleman
Megatron / Jeffery / Andre / Landry / Cooks / White
Eifert

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Tron/Cooks/Landry hardly seems blah to me, I'd mash

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

fariz posted:

Got offered gronk and Wayne (who i don't really care about) for Jeffery and Andre Johnson in my a .5 ppr league. I want to mash accept, but my wr situation woyld be pretty blah

Before trade i have
Ryan / Bradford
AP / Forsett / Blount / Coleman
Megatron / Jeffery / Andre / Landry / Cooks / White
Eifert

I think Cooks is just fine as a WR2, and Landry is a good WR3 if you need him. I'd mash.

edit: ^^ what he said

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Got my draft in a couple of hours for 8 team, 1PPR 6PTD 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1WR/RB, 2WR/RB/TE league, and I've got the #1 pick.

Who do I take? Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Demaryius Thomas, or Aaron Rodgers?

Beer sheets have got Rodgers rated highest at 8.8 value, with Demaryius next, but it's a keeper league and I've got a QB keeper and 3 WRs as keepers, so I need RBs most. Obviously leaning more towards ADP or Charles, but not entirely sure yet. plaaease halp, goons.

#1 pick in a snake league means I won't be picking forever after this, and with 32 keeps already off the board, there'll be another 15 gone by the time I get to make another pick. That's 47 players gone - I really don't want to gently caress up that first pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
A A ron imo

• Locked thread