Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
He called his shot before the race and actually won it. This kids got moxy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Froome is such a retarded bitch and a fraud

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

African AIDS cum posted:

Froome is such a retarded bitch and a fraud

It will still end in tears.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard

serious gaylord posted:

I like how everyones celebrating a noted time trialist out climbing the best climbers in the world lol.

He's been pretty all round, just started really really working on his time trialling since it was known that the tour would start in Utrecht. I think he's still won more road races than time trials.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Rojkir posted:

He's been pretty all round, just started really really working on his time trialling since it was known that the tour would start in Utrecht. I think he's still won more road races than time trials.

Noted climber wins = doping. Big guy going fast up hills who isn't Froome=A-OK, not doping. Got it. This thread gets confusing sometimes. Just curious - why do you guys hate Teejay too? Dumb name spelling or is he doping too? Or some other infraction I missed while wading through "Froome is a cheating oval office" posts.

carborexic
Nov 9, 2008

I quite like Tejay. Don't know if/why he's unpopular.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

he1ixx posted:

Noted climber wins = doping. Big guy going fast up hills who isn't Froome=A-OK, not doping. Got it. This thread gets confusing sometimes. Just curious - why do you guys hate Teejay too? Dumb name spelling or is he doping too? Or some other infraction I missed while wading through "Froome is a cheating oval office" posts.

How regularly are you gonna drop in with a whiny post like this?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

carborexic posted:

I dont like him because he cries at the side of the road and quits a stage because he's having a bad day and has been dropped.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

African AIDS cum posted:

How regularly are you gonna drop in with a whiny post like this?

That's funny from someone who posts that Froome is a "lying bitch and a fraud" (or some variant thereof) on literally every page..

he1ixx fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 30, 2015

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

carborexic posted:

Yeah me too. Seems like a solid, nice guy and a good rider. Tough break this week. I'm bummed out that my velogames fantasy team (I'm just doing it for a laugh with the SlowRide podcast crew) lost most of my "A" team in one stage (Sagan, Van G). Maybe Aru or Quintana will end up doing something.

he1ixx fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 30, 2015

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

serious gaylord posted:

I like how everyones celebrating a noted time trialist out climbing the best climbers in the world lol.

When 2 of those 3 upfront are noted climbers and time-trialists, comments like this get confusing.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Great bit of racing today, I will never understand how its all been ruined somehow

Awesome to watch

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

he1ixx posted:

I'm the main one that dislikes Van Garderen. He's a whiny bitch that cries at ~every chance~, an uneducated american, I dislike his accent, and he needs to keep his child the gently caress off the podium. And he barely loving wins anything for being BMCs main choice.

He's also ugly

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 30, 2015

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

he1ixx posted:

Noted climber wins = doping. Big guy going fast up hills who isn't Froome=A-OK, not doping. Got it.

Dope Dumoulin to the gills if it means pasting Froome, imo.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

Dope Dumoulin to the gills if it means pasting Froome, imo.

This also Froome is a TTer (who was bad) turned super climber so maybe Dumoulin can win the Tour now too since he actually has talent

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Gibbo posted:

I'm the main one that dislikes Van Garderen. He's a whiny bitch that cries at ~every chance~, an uneducated american, I dislike his accent, and he needs to keep his child the gently caress off the podium. And he barely loving wins anything for being BMCs main choice.

He's also ugly

Uneducated American? Really? He actually seems like a smart, friendly guy and comes across in interviews pretty well. He's a gracious winner or loser and speaks well of his teammates. Dislike his accent? Ok...seems pretty stupid but you're allowed whatever stupid opinion you like. He's actually won a lot of races and stages which is why he's the main racer at BMC (obviously). I won't post his entire wikipedia article here but you can look at this, consider how wrong you are, and get saltier if you want (I'm leaving out all of his wins/etc pre-2010).

1st, Stage 1 (TTT), Vuelta a Espana
2nd, Overall, Tour of Turkey
3rd, Overall, Criterium du Dauphine
4th, Overall, Tour de l'Ain
1st, Jersey blue.svg Young rider classification
9th, Overall, Volta ao Algarve
1st, Stage 3 (ITT), Tour of Utah
2nd, Overall, Volta ao Algarve
3rd, Overall, USA Pro Cycling Challenge
1st, Jersey light blue.svg Young rider classification
5th, Overall, Tour of California
1st, Jersey white.svg Young rider classification
2nd, National Time Trial Championships
2nd, Overall, USA Pro Cycling Challenge
1st, Stage 2
2nd, World Team Time Trial Championships
4th, Overall, Tour of California
4th, UCI World Time Trial Championships
5th, Overall Tour de France
5th, Overall, Paris–Nice
7th, Overall, Volta ao Algarve
1st Overall Jersey yellow.svg Tour of California
1st Stage 6 (ITT)
1st Overall Jersey yellow.svg USA Pro Cycling Challenge
1st Stage 5 (ITT)
2nd, Overall, Tour de San Luis
3rd, Overall, Critérium International
4th, Overall, Paris–Nice
7th, Overall, Tour de Suisse
1st Jersey rainbow chrono.svg World Team Time Trial Championships
1st Overall Jersey yellow.svg USA Pro Cycling Challenge
1st Best Colorado rider classification[33]
1st Stages 3 & 6 (ITT)
2nd, Overall, Tour of Oman
3rd, Overall, Volta a Catalunya
1st, Stage 4
5th, Overall, Tour de France
6th, Overall, Tour of the Basque Country
1st Stage 9 Tour de France (TTT)
1st Stage 1 Vuelta a España (TTT)
1st Stage 4 Volta a Catalunya
2nd Overall Tour of Oman[28]
2nd, Overall, Critérium du Dauphiné
1st, Stage 3 (TTT)

I think he's a great racer and I'm bummed he's not in the Vuelta through no fault of his own. I'd have loved to see him pushing up the mountains in the next to two weeks.

I did get to see stage 9 today. Epic stuff. I liked that final push at the end and Dumolin pipping Froome at the end was great. I'm still bummed Sagan is out of the Vuelta though.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Remove every ttt win as those aren't "his" wins. Now remove every race in North America{where real competition isn't present) . And you're left with one or two good finishes and a bunch of average stuff.

This is the guy that's supposed to fill Cadel's shoes and there's a hell of a lot of wiggle room left in the toes.

ooooh I get why you like Froome and TVG so much Helix. You can't handle a bike either.

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 31, 2015

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
Even Cadel underperformed for what he should have been able to accomplish at BMC.
The Tour, 3rd at the Giro, La Fleche Wallonne, Tirreno-Adriatico and the Tour de Romandie between 2010 and 2015 are great results but he pulled most of that off in the one good season and one alright season he produced in that time.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Tejay is an omerta defending hypocrite and a coward and a whiner. Can't even remember specifics

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Premature ejacula- posted:

Even Cadel underperformed for what he should have been able to accomplish at BMC.
The Tour, 3rd at the Giro, La Fleche Wallonne, Tirreno-Adriatico and the Tour de Romandie between 2010 and 2015 are great results but he pulled most of that off in the one good season and one alright season he produced in that time.

Anyone who wins the Tour and the worlds has had a great career

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

In two disciplines. By tvg's age, Kermit had already ridden his way through mountain biking and on to the road

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gibbo posted:

Remove every ttt win as those aren't "his" wins. Now remove every race in North America{where real competition isn't present) . And you're left with one or two good finishes and a bunch of average stuff.

This is the guy that's supposed to fill Cadel's shoes and there's a hell of a lot of wiggle room left in the toes.

ooooh I get why you like Froome and TVG so much Helix. You can't handle a bike either.

While I completely agree with you on TvG, having a pop at someones personal life is a bit rich considering, well, you know.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Mate he just had some life saving surgery, no need to attack personal lives over cycling.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord

African AIDS cum posted:

Not disputing that, in fact trying to highlight that he really only had one season with BMC where something didn't go terribly wrong and still produced better results for the team than TVG probably ever will.

I only say he underperformed with BMC because he had a heap of top 10 finishes in races he had the caliber to win.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

BMC is synonymous with under performing.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Pocket posted:

Mate he just had some life saving surgery, no need to attack personal lives over cycling.

Gibbo posted creepy personal attacks against me for disagreeing with him on the Internet before so I'm unsurprised at this. Disappointed but unsurprised.

TVG has underperformed based on his abilities. He should have had more results but it's hard to discount that he's had some significant results during his career. That's the point I was trying to make. Haters are gonna hate though. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

It's all he does tbf.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Eurosport seem to be going to breaks every 5 minutes today.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Gaylord, off topic but what's the deal with that avatar?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

How many km left in the stage? Wondering if I can see the end

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Parody Threads posted:

Gaylord, off topic but what's the deal with that avatar?

I honestly have no idea.

African AIDS cum posted:

How many km left in the stage? Wondering if I can see the end

Its already over, not worth watching.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Messy broadcast, messy finish.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

net work error posted:

Messy broadcast, messy finish.

Seemed to spend more time in an ad break than they did showing the race.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Giant Alpecin must be really satisfied today.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

mother.fucker.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

They're taking boeckmans out of induced coma after he showed no traumatic brain injuries :unsmith:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They better not show him todays stage then or he'll be right back under.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ooh Wednesdays stage looks proper good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

Ooh Wednesdays stage looks proper good

Yeah should be a good one. Some have apparently been calling it THE HARDEST GRAND TOUR STAGE EVER which is a little laughable given that it's less than 140km but every one of those climbs is a bastard. It looks like there are 3-4km above 10% gradient on the first climb so the race will be in pieces straight away.