Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Instead I will say: You can make horses poop whenever you feel like it. It is good.

Thanks but I already modded Skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Edit: Wrong thread.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco

Perestroika posted:

So, has Kojima finally made good on his promise to make us "ashamed of our words and deeds"?

According to The Washington Post's review, Quiet is infected with a parasite that requires her to absorb oxygen and water through her skin to stay alive.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Arstan posted:

According to The Washington Post's review, Quiet is infected with a parasite that requires her to absorb oxygen and water through her skin to stay alive.

That is a dumb but appropriately metal gear freakshow character explanation.

Here is another little thing that I'm sure was on everyone's mind: Yes you can shoot your robo arm at people ROCKET PEACE style.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Arstan posted:

It's an idea that Kojima has been trying to use since one of the cut bosses MGS2 and The End in MGS3 being able to photosynthesize was a part of that, I guess it's one of those things where he was too in love with the idea for his own good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That is amazing and terrible.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
(dumb question)

Phobophilia has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Aug 30, 2015

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is going to be the greatest and most incredible videogame experience. This thread is one of many marking time until games are done, forever.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Everyone is horny for MGSV. There's no other word for it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

chaos rhames posted:

I'm not getting it, but even I know its going to have a lot of cool details.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy9UpRgc0Bs

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

chaos rhames posted:

I know I'm eagerly awaiting the money shot.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pulp rag posted:

I know I'm eagerly awaiting the money shot.

Don't have to worry about that microtransactions are already in the game!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

FauxGateau posted:

Don't have to worry about that microtransactions are already in the game!

"Boss, you're out of sneak energy! Swipe your credit card through the slot on your robo-arm to refill!"

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

2 days...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Arstan posted:

I like to think they handed Kojima two concept art sheets, one with Quiet wearing a cool jury-rigged diver's suit full of water and meshes that like, enable oxygen absorption or something, all covered in moss and plants and stuff, and he loving loved it and was gonna implement it but then the second sheet just had titty Quiet and he quickly crumpled up the previous one and went with that

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

I like to think they handed Kojima two concept art sheets, one with Quiet wearing a cool jury-rigged diver's suit full of water and meshes that like, enable oxygen absorption or something, all covered in moss and plants and stuff, and he loving loved it and was gonna implement it but then the second sheet just had titty Quiet and he quickly crumpled up the previous one and went with that

Kojima has literally said he made Quiet the way he did so attractive women would cosplay as her.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alteisen posted:

Kojima has literally said he made Quiet the way he did so attractive women would cosplay as her.

I have zero problems with this.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

not only did it work, but hot dudes are also cosplaying as her, which also owns

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alteisen posted:

I thought he said it was supposed to be something so racy they couldn't cosplay as her?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
From a quick google, he said both:

Then, after Quiet's outfit was finalized:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i just love the mental image of Hideo Kojima walking into the room, looking at the concepts being worked on and yelling "SEXIER, GODDAMNIT, I WANT IT SEXIER!"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Alteisen posted:

A wise man

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CJacobs posted:

From a quick google, he said both:

Then, after Quiet's outfit was finalized:

You forgot the most important one:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

holy poo poo that guy is a weirdo

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I don't understand why so many people are obsessed with him, his games are sometimes weird in a good way but he's basically a horny teenager and can't resist making sure you know that all the time in his character designs.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Well, David Bowie hosed a 14-year-old. Nobody’s perfect.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Babe Magnet posted:

Given this is Metal Gear, the premier Man rear end Action Game we're talking about, I can't imagine Kojima disagrees. It's easy to miss, because of how the rest of the medium is, but Kojima's always been pretty equal-opportunity in that sort of thing.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Arstan posted:

Few men walk the line between genius and mentally deficient quite as well as Kojima. He's like "what if Tommy Wiseau was actually good at what he did, but still Tommy Wiseau."

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I don't understand why so many people are obsessed with him, his games are sometimes weird in a good way but he's basically a horny teenager and can't resist making sure you know that all the time in his character designs.

"There are two Hideo Kojimas. One Kojima injects every Metal Gear Solid game with earnest if overbearing discussions of nuclear disarmament, the morality of genetic experimentation, the nature of warfare, and the difference between patriotism and terrorism. The other Kojima lets you call Rose in Metal Gear Solid 4 and shake your SIXAXIS to make her boobs jiggle."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kojima-san wants his ladies sexy and quiet.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

mind the walrus posted:

Few men walk the line between genius and mentally deficient quite as well as Kojima. He's like "what if Tommy Wiseau was actually good at what he did, but still Tommy Wiseau."

The broken English helps a lot, I think. It'd lose a lot if he was perfectly eloquent and precise with his wording.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Son of Rodney posted:

holy poo poo that guy is a weirdo

i agree, kojima rules

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I bought Ground Zeroes for 5 bux and still haven't played it. No way I'm paying 60 bux for Kojima's rear end Fetish 12, and I even consider myself a fan of the series.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Please don't be ashamed of admiring Snake's butt

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im pooping! posted:

I even consider myself a fan of the series.

i have some bad news.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

im pooping! posted:

I bought Ground Zeroes for 5 bux and still haven't played it. No way I'm paying 60 bux for Kojima's rear end Fetish 12, and I even consider myself a fan of the series.

What is your favorite part of the series, im pooping!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

motherflippin heck balls! did you see that friggen butt stallion figurine he has on his desk? oppa borderlands style!