Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Thanks to my brilliant insight about line dynamics Mr. Pageviews and I are the very back of the SRO line and should once more have the Meltz in perfect vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

day two of me hating all of you

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Lucha tag blew the roof off and everyone threw money in the ring

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Pentagon jr's my favorite wrestler otuside of NJPW and it sounds like I'll have to buy these DVDs ASAP.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

minoru suzuki posted:

day two of me hating all of you

It's even worst for me because I'm so close.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

It's even worst for me because I'm so close.

lets crash it tomorrow

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

minoru suzuki posted:

lets crash it tomorrow

OK

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

night 2 is the best wrestling show I've ever been to, rest in peace biff busick

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

notquitequentin, to no one's surprise, started a chant for tozawa

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also we went to the eckankar building

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

minoru suzuki posted:

lets crash it tomorrow

Sneak in during intermission nobody checks tickets at the door

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

epitasis posted:

notquitequentin, to no one's surprise, started a chant for tozawa

everyone chanted for the savior of reseda, the big over, akira tozawa. they just needed someone to do prompting.

and i buried two heats tonight AND excalibur dug my sakuraba t-shirt.

n2 was the show of the year.

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Aug 30, 2015

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

night 2 is the best wrestling show I've ever been to, rest in peace biff busick

I think Black Cole Sun might still top it for me, but this was very very very close. Night Two was the best show last year too, I wonder if people just need a day off from travel to really bring it.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if my one appearance on the DVD is me awkwardly trying to find a place to stash my chair during the guerrilla warfare match. Either that or me looking off in a completely incorrect direction during the sudden Gulak/End finish

edited to add: yeah, I'm a night two-er every year from now on. It's always amazing.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The Gulak/End finish was so abrupt I wondered if Gulak got legit knocked out for a second, but then he got out of the ring almost immediately after the bell so I guess that was just how they wanted to do it in a match with a shitload of strikes in it.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Grozz Nuy posted:

The Gulak/End finish was so abrupt I wondered if Gulak got legit knocked out for a second, but then he got out of the ring almost immediately after the bell so I guess that was just how they wanted to do it in a match with a shitload of strikes in it.

Gulak likes to do those kinds of finishes it seems so it makes it look legit. He did that with his pretty awful feud with Tomasso in Beyond and to some degree how he and Gage have been going at it in CZW.

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
FWIW, I had standing room only tickets and people came behind us on line with no tickets and were able to come in. They were PWG regulars and said "I've never seen them turn away money."

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

oatgan posted:

Lucha tag blew the roof off and everyone threw money in the ring

The money being thrown into the ring was started by a few friends of the wrestlers and the rest of the crowd followed like sheep. It was pretty ingenious actually.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jubs posted:

The money being thrown into the ring was started by a few friends of the wrestlers and the rest of the crowd followed like sheep. It was pretty ingenious actually.

OTOH, it is lucha tradition and you are in So Cal for PWG's biggest show of the year.....

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Rock finally responded to Chuck Taylor tweeting him shirtless pics:

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

EugeneJ posted:

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Haha it takes Jack Evans showing off his leg?! (That is jack Evans, right?)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If you aren't at BOLA try to follow it online if you can. The reaction to one of unannounced matches will be fun to see in real time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rovert posted:

If you aren't at BOLA try to follow it online if you can. The reaction to one of unannounced matches will be fun to see in real time.

Tournament or non-tournament

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

rovert posted:

I've got a sneaking suspicion that they might do the ol RING THE BELL unannounced main event.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

Tournament or non-tournament

Non-tournament and a dream match you never knew you wanted.

Just be there and be happy.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

My vote goes to Chuckie T vs Rocky for Trent's love

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rovert posted:

Just be there and be happy.

done

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have a hunch what it is

Not going to say it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Is it rey tell me it's rey

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm rey

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Rey fuckin' Mysterio is not going to wrestle for a legion hall of 400 people... right?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
hopefully it will be less sad in retrospect than last year's unannounced unannounced Willie Mack going to WWE speech

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
SUZUKI GUN INVADES RESEDA

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Legion Larry vs. Dario Cueto

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Bard Maddox posted:

hopefully it will be less sad in retrospect than last year's unannounced unannounced Willie Mack going to WWE speech

Well we'll almost certainly have a Chuck Taylor retirement moment which will probably be pretty sad. Speaking of which:

EugeneJ posted:

Senpai finally noticed :shobon:

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Jeff Jarrett vs. Super Dragon?

I want it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Who is the mystery team that is gonna gently caress up Rushmore 2.0

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Briscoes and Elgin?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Nakamura/Pentagon Jr/Okada/Dennis Stamp vs Mt Rushmore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

this is when eddie comes back?

• Locked thread