Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:siren: TICKETS ON SALE :siren:
:siren: THURSDAY, JULY 30 :siren:
:siren: 8PM PACIFIC :siren:
:siren: 9PM MOUNTAIN :siren:
:siren: 10PM CENTRAL :siren:
:siren: 11PM EASTERN
:siren:

PWG's annual Battle of Los Angeles is taking place again this year! Unprecedented move for this annual event.

YOUR ENTRANTS:

It is August 28, 29 and 30, almost certainly at American Legion Post #308. 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335.

YOUR ATTENDEES:

Ticket sales have not yet been announced but it stands to reason they will be on sale by the end of July. They will likely go quickly because half the hardcores in the country talking a big game about flying in for BOLA this year. You should follow https://twitter.com/officialpwg and turn mobile notifications on so you will be pinged when they announce sales starting. You should also put some cash into your paypal account so you can instantaneously check out. If you will not be around to buy yourself a ticket you might try posting here to see if someone can snag one/three for you! Each day is ticketed separately; theoretically there will also be GA seats available at the door but yeah ain't nobody trying to deal with that.

Front row is probably $60 each, GA is $45.

This is a hotel that is like a block away from the venue, seems like they still have some rooms available for that weekend at ~$100 a night: http://www.hojo.com/hotels/california/reseda/howard-johnson-inn-and-suites-reseda/hotel-overview Wow California still has smoking rooms how weird

~some guys went last year, this space is reserved for any tips 'n' tricks they may have~

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

night one

AERO STAR
vs.
BRIAN CAGE

ANDREW EVERETT
vs.
BIFF BUSICK

WILL OSPREAY
vs.
MARK 'MANDREWS' ANDREWS

TREVOR LEE
vs.
TRENT?

DRAGO
vs.
PENTAGON JR.

MATT SYDAL
vs.
FENIX

Inner City Machine Guns vs Angelico and Jack Evans

Tommy End, Marty Scurll, and Zack Sabre Jr. vs Roderick Strong, and The Young Bucks

night two

RICH SWANN
vs.
MARTY SCURLL

CHRIS HERO
vs.
TIMOTHY THATCHER

DREW GULAK
vs.
TOMMY END

ANGELICO
vs.
JACK EVANS

MIKE BAILEY
vs.
DREW GALLOWAY

RICOCHET
vs.
ZACK SABRE JR.

Fenix and Aerostar vs Pentagon Jr and Drago

Andrew Everett, Trevor Lee, and Biff Busick vs Super Dragon, and The Young Bucks in Guerrilla Warfare

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 30, 2015

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I'll be there and staying at the Howard Johnson's.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm going, might get a hotel for Friday and Saturday night so I don't have to drive back and forth from my apartment 3 times, haven't decided yet. Would also be much easier to hang with the crew that way.

Last year I was still living in NorCal so I stayed some tiny-rear end motel a town or two over from Reseda because it was cheaper, it was only like a ten minute drive so if you want to save a few bucks that is also an option.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I'm flying in from SC. My brother and I will be attending! Tarpits

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm flying in, renting a car, and staying at the HoJo right by the venue. I said this some time ago in the indie wrestling thread but if you aren't renting a car there's a shuttle that runs every 15 minutes from LAX to the Van Nuys Airport. It is much cheaper than getting a cab from downtown LA to Reseda. I really don't have plans Friday so I could give rides from there to the hotel if needed. Its only like 10 or 15 minutes

Last year in the confusion of buying tickets on a website that can't handle the load I wound up with several extra tickets if that happens again this year this thread gets first dibs

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Also, as long as I've been going to PWG tickets always go on sale at 8 PM Pacific, usually on a Thursday 3-4 weeks before the event. So if I had to guess we're probably looking at either the 30th of July or 6th of August. GA sells out in less than ten minutes even for a run of the mill show, so for an event that draws people from all over the country like BOLA you're going to want to be at your computer RIGHT when they go on sale or you're definitely screwed. Like epistasis said, it's a good idea to either have funds already added to your account (or your Paypal linked directly to your bank account if you're brave/stupid like me) and make sure you know your Paypal password from memory because it will ask you to log in even if you've already logged in on the Paypal site proper. Assuming GA tickets stay at the 45 price point they are now, they're 46.65 each after the Paypal fees, so you'd need 140 in your account for all 3 days.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I really want to go to BOLA, but 1. I am starting a new job in July, so asking for Friday and Monday* off barely 2 months in seems like a good way to get fired 2. I already bought tickets to King of Trios, and that's literally the next weekend, and flying to both coasts that close together sounds insane

* - I could just go to nights 2 and 3 like I did last year, or try to fly back late sunday night and get into Atlanta at like 5AM :(

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Nights 2 and 3 were waaaaay better than Night 1 last year anyway, although I did really like Ciampa/Elgin and the trios match. The second two days were just that bugnuts.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
make sure you remember your PayPal password. copy and paste it in if you have to. I was lucky enough to get front row tickets all three nights last year and streamlining the process as much as possible helped

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Which seats is everyone shooting for?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

epitasis posted:

~reserved for brackets and bios~

Last time the brackets were unknown until the show so don't really expect them to reveal any on twitter.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I'm planning on going. I hope you all buy poo poo ton of extra tickets if I can't get one. I will give you 100s of wrestling moves onto my hotel bed as recompense.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

PWG tickets sell out extremely fast nowadays. Would love to fly in but I need to know when those things are going on sale.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

probably going

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Which seats is everyone shooting for?

I always buy GA because I'm poor. I like to sit on the side with the curtain if I get in line early enough to be choosy with my seats. It's cool getting to see the entrances up close, you're on hard cam for the DVDs if that matters to you, and most of the dives happen to that side and those are always fun to see up close.

KungFu Grip posted:

Last time the brackets were unknown until the show so don't really expect them to reveal any on twitter.

They at least let you know the first round matches (and non-tourney matches on Nights 1 and 2) ahead of time, it's just the Night 3 card that's basically unknown. In kayfabe all PWG tourneys are blind bracketed. With all the AAA guys this year I'd imagine they're basically going to make a big block of high fliers matched up with each other, and ditto with the technical guys. Bet Zack beats Thatcher in Round 1 and either Biff or Gulak in Round 2, since none of those matchups have happened yet.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Would like to go, but I need to pass but shooting for 2016 BOLA when Adam Page wins.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it'd be a slam dunk that im going if they had a three day pass and i wasn't playing hit the buzzer to get a ticket for each night tbh

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
that feel when your dang best friend is getting married in california later this year and so your potential pagodacon visit is in jeopardy because money talks

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HulkaMatt posted:

PWG tickets sell out extremely fast nowadays. Would love to fly in but I need to know when those things are going on sale.

They normally tweet out when the tickets are going to go on sale.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think I am just going to try and do night three. I would get a motel in reseda but the thought of being in reseda for more than 6 hours makes me break out in hives. I just don't feel like making that drive all three nights.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NickRoweFillea posted:

They normally tweet out when the tickets are going to go on sale.

Usually at least a week ahead of time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I think I am just going to try and do night three. I would get a motel in reseda but the thought of being in reseda for more than 6 hours makes me break out in hives. I just don't feel like making that drive all three nights.

i can drive for you if you want to die a death historic on the grody road

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Bring PWG back to Los Feliz.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

minoru suzuki posted:

i can drive for you if you want to die a death historic on the grody road

may we ride eternal shiny and chrome

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Do you think Brian Cage will come visit the tar pits with us

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey so also are there after-parties or what

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Do you think Brian Cage will come visit the tar pits with us

Just bring him a lot of protein.

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
I am 95% sure I am going and staying with a friend of a friend. What are the chances I buy a plane ticket from New York and then can't get tickets on the site? What is the walk-up situation like?

Also, what time of day are all the shows? Is the Sunday show an afternoon show, or should I aim to be flying back Monday morning instead of Sunday night?

Edit: The friend of a friend is the friend of PSP poster Daunte McNabb.

Update: I bought my plane ticket!

Young Pageviews fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 29, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Young Pageviews posted:

I am 95% sure I am going and staying with a friend of a friend. What are the chances I buy a plane ticket from New York and then can't get tickets on the site? What is the walk-up situation like?

Walk up situation is show up early and cram yourself up against the wall

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Ahem, it's Daunte "Vick"nabb.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

Walk up situation is show up early and cram yourself up against the wall

You'll be showing up early even if you already have tickets if you want decent seats, tbh.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Young Pageviews posted:

Also, what time of day are all the shows? Is the Sunday show an afternoon show, or should I aim to be flying back Monday morning instead of Sunday night?

Update: I bought my plane ticket!

congrats on your avatar too! big day for you

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

if you're going to BOLA I need measurements of Brian Cage

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

if you're going to BOLA I need measurements of Brian Cage

I hope to be the one to measure him

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I'm probably going to try to go to this if I can manage to get tickets, although I don't know if I'll do all three nights.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
Man I wish I could go so badly because Will Ospreay has been my pick for Future Indie King for a while now, but I'm starting law school in Miami like a big dumb loving idiot. Plus my wife and I just went to MV3, so I would need to take some trips to the pay windah first.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

how can i get there as cheaply as possible?

a bus?

can i do an indie gogo to get me to the show

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Zyla posted:

how can i get there as cheaply as possible?

a bus?

can i do an indie gogo to get me to the show

How far is it from you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

How far is it from you

Massachusetts to la

• Locked thread