Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Response to fedora is universal

e: M'kitty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Response to fedora is universal

e: M'kitty

M'eow. :radcat:

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 17:17 on Aug 30, 2015

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Is this a photo essay or something then? It could be a good subject: the passive reactions of people to an odd and slightly unpleasant situation.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Eeyo posted:

Is this a photo essay or something then? It could be a good subject: the passive reactions of people to an odd and slightly unpleasant situation.

A few years ago, a goon with no legs and a skateboard traveled the world, took pictures of people staring at him, and made a coffee table book.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

fosborb posted:

A few years ago, a goon with no legs and a skateboard traveled the world, took pictures of people staring at him, and made a coffee table book.

And then a link was posted.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I think a good prank would be to hand someone a sex pillow at a bus stop and say "hey can you hold this for a second" and then just walk away while someone films their reaction.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Krinkle posted:

I think a good prank would be to hand someone a sex pillow at a bus stop and say "hey can you hold this for a second" and then just walk away while someone films their reaction.

They should use this body pillow:

It's 23 feet long :unsmigghh:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

CommissarMega posted:

:xcom:

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Jippa posted:

This is funny to me a brit because I constantly mis hear americans pronouncing "t" as "d". For instance I used to think it was called a playstation "vida" instead of "vita" because of listening to podcasts and not seeing it written out.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Do they sell that without the waifu? 23' pillow sounds great

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Detective Buttfuck posted:

Do they sell that without the waifu? 23' pillow sounds great

quote:

The cover is priced at 100,000 yen (about US$805). Since it's just a cover, it poses another unique problem: how do you stuff it? The average body pillow is around 4.5 feet, so any Miia fans are going to need about five body pillows to fill it.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

For a second I thought that was a huge strip of bacon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's hilarious.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

For a second I thought that was a huge strip of bacon.

Would buy a bacon body pillow

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's hilarious.

It reminds me of that ME2 DLC that was just 2GB of 0s

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

loving Whovians :mad:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Len posted:

The cover is priced at 100,000 yen (about US$805). Since it's just a cover, it poses another unique problem: how do you stuff it? The average body pillow is around 4.5 feet, so any Miia fans are going to need about five body pillows to fill it.

Anyone stuffing that wouldn't use five body pillows. They'd use five bodies.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

This feels illegal. Is it illegal?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

RatHat posted:

It reminds me of that ME2 DLC that was just 2GB of 0s

What?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If all it has is the Steam installer, what the hell is taking up all the rest of the disk space :psyduck:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The DLC file they put out originally was just 2GB of 0s in a text file. They fixed it pretty quickly obviously. Specifically the DLC was Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If all it has is the Steam installer, what the hell is taking up all the rest of the disk space :psyduck:

I guess the steam installer is about 8.7mb and that's literally the only thing on the disk. That's why that picture shows the whole disk as only using 8.7mb.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'd forgotten how many bytes were to a megabyte :downsgun: I misread it as there being 9 gigs of space on the disk, but somehow all but 8.7mb were apparently empty.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's illegal. Relatedly, is there a link or something to the story behind all the Konami drama? A friend of mine is super excited for Phantom Pain and I'd rather know ahead of time if he's going to be heartbroken.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'd forgotten how many bytes were to a megabyte :downsgun: I misread it as there being 9 gigs of space on the disk, but somehow all but 8.7mb were apparently empty.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
Why would it be illegal?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It would be great if the rest of the disc was a movie trolling Konami made by Hideo Kojima himself that he put into the gold master copy somehow.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

Why would it be illegal?
Would you pay $50-60 (or whatever retail is these days for physical copies) for a disk with literally nothing but an installation program for Steam?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Would you pay $50-60 (or whatever retail is these days for physical copies) for a disk with literally nothing but an installation program for Steam?

Your paying for the license.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Malachite_Dragon posted:

No, but that wouldn't make it illegal?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
You pay 50-60 for a 25 digit steam key essentially, what exactly is the problem?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

if your question is 'is this thing a major corporation is doing illegal?' the answer is no because they pay lawyers to make it legal

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Call me crazy, but if I'm shelling out for a physical copy, that would be because I don't want to deal with Steam. If you have to download it via Steam anyway, why bother with dangling the physical copy at us? That's the point I'm trying to get at.

VVV Basically this, yeah. "Don't have any/reliable internet? Tough poo poo!"

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If the installer comes preconfigured to download and install the game, then you're all set and there's no difference from getting the game on the CD directly. Unless you have no internet connection, in which case you are legitimately screwed.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Strudel Man posted:

Why would it be illegal?

No reason. It's not. :shrug:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Call me crazy, but if I'm shelling out for a physical copy, that would be because I don't want to deal with Steam. If you have to download it via Steam anyway, why bother with dangling the physical copy at us?

Okay but that still doesn't make it illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

• Locked thread