Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SWMadness posted:

Holy poo poo how did I miss another King of Dragon Pass LP thread. I absolutely loved the previous ones here on the subforum and in the archives, gonna spend tomorrow catching up with this one. :dance:

Make sure to read the first one linked in that OP, also by Infinitum. If nothing else it lends context :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

And it's super short :v:

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

Faerie Fortune's OoT runs (plus its associated Chaos Mode and Super Wrong runs) are also great and have awesome group dynamics,

Anybody got a link to the Chaos Mode one?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

my dog boyfriend!! posted:

Anybody got a link to the Chaos Mode one?

Right here baby.

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Bless you, honey.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm incredibly fond of The White Dragon's Final Fantasy IX LP and would highly recommend it to anyone fond of the game. It's a little rough around the edges and heavy on the weed jokes in parts but he gives a really amazing insight into Hawaiian culture and language throughout the LP and it gives the game a fresh new view. Not everyday you get to read a cool LP and learn at the same and I think it's well worth it.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
If you're a bit of a fan of Age of Empires II like I am, you might get a kick out of Resonance22.

Has very interesting perspective and live commentary on his AOE2 games, but the shining beacon is Resonance's 'Break the Meta' series in which he commentates over matches played by great players and insane strategies that you get by being creative or crazy in the game.

Someone mentioned this one before, but I'd echo GoldVisions unique pacifist play of GTA V

Insightful and strange, but unique.

Hasn't been updated for a few months, but Razage has a great amount of Space Station 13 videos that showcase some amazing moments you've probably read about in chat logs all over the place.

Negatron00 playthrough of the serine yet smooth Lifeless Planet is super chill and captioned - this game has a pretty good soundtrack too and might be good for some people looking to relax a bit.

V Thanks for the heads up!

auzdark fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 26, 2015

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

auzdark posted:

If you're a bit of a fan of Age of Empires II like I am, you might get a kick out of Resonance22.

Has very interesting perspective and live commentary on his AOE2 games, but the shining beacon is Resonance's 'Break the Meta' series in which he commentates over matches played by great players and insane strategies that you get by being creative or crazy in the game.

Your link is broken to me Resonance22's playlists

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
This series featuring Niggurath, Geop, and Panzer Skank is pretty humorous. Has a Japanese perspective of what they think the United States is like and also Disasters.
http://lparchive.org/Disaster-Day-of-Crisis/

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Worklurker posted:

This series featuring Niggurath, Geop, and Panzer Skank is pretty humorous. Has a Japanese perspective of what they think the United States is like and also Disasters.

That sounds hella like a thing I'd wanna watch, but the videos have been removed from youtube by the user, and I swear before someone shows me the banner saying they're archived I checked this page for it like 3 times.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

FicusArt posted:

That sounds hella like a thing I'd wanna watch, but the videos have been removed from youtube by the user, and I swear before someone shows me the banner saying they're archived I checked this page for it like 3 times.

What!? They were all up last night. I wonder why he took them down?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I know I mentioned it before somewhere else but things don't automatically make the transition from the LP Archive to the Internet Archive. Seems like the last time something was added to the Internet Archive was October 2013, so anything after that which loses its videos somewhere is pretty much out of luck.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
When I added my Everything or Nothing LP to the archive, I had to specifically request it be added to the Internet Archive. LPs being on IA always seemed like it was because of video hosts potentially going down and taking all of their videos with them, which is less of an issue with YouTube, at least for the time being, so it's not really seen as necessary.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
And now the LP archive page is gone. drat it that was a funny as poo poo LP

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
For my LP I added downloadable links with the Internet Archive as a host anyway. This is something literally anyone can do by the way. Upload poo poo to the IA, that is. If you want to provide download links for your videos that will last just use IA.
It's weird to seen an LP taken, down though, must have been at the author's request? That or baldurk was informed of the dead links and removed it because of that.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
So, some years ago there was a LP of some peeps playing Spirit of the Century that was pretty stellar. I'm trying to set up a FATE game of some sort, anyone have a link to this so I can use it as an example of Fun Things? A cursory ten-minute search of the LP archive and the google machine have resulted in nothing, so finding it on my own is clearly impossible.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

orangelex44 posted:

So, some years ago there was a LP of some peeps playing Spirit of the Century that was pretty stellar. I'm trying to set up a FATE game of some sort, anyone have a link to this so I can use it as an example of Fun Things? A cursory ten-minute search of the LP archive and the google machine have resulted in nothing, so finding it on my own is clearly impossible.

Is this what you're looking for? http://kilobops.ladderface.net/projects/sotc/

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

You, sir, are a boss! Thanks!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

That's a shame. That was one of the funnier LPs. Hope Niggurath says why he pulled it sometime.

Well, if it ever resurfaces somewhere, watch that LP. It was real good.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
I'm not sure how minor an LP it is, but vibratingsheep's LP through the history of Tokimeki Memorial right here has been a real blast for me to read.

I was a huge nerd back in high school and I owned a copy of Tokimeki Memorial 2, and despite it being an anime dating girls sim there was a lot of love thrown into its production and execution, from interesting side characters to surprisingly well made minigames. I'd forgotten about it for awhile and then I saw the let's play. It's working its way through the entire series, vibratingsheep is putting a lot of love into it by translating large chunks of the game while still injecting enough commentary and humor to keep the LP's flow light and easy. Plus, it's a window into a series and genre that had a huge impact in Japan that you probably won't be able to find elsewhere. Due to the translating and work involved it's a bit slow going at times but they've still managed to get up to the fifth game in the series and are still going strong.

There's a lot of content there but if you can stomach a bit of anime, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Also I'd like to call out Infinitum's King of Dragon Pass LP, which has been hilariously crazy and also is a great way to get a look at a rather unorthodox game with humor mixed in.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Worklurker posted:

Teddybear posted:

That's a shame. That was one of the funnier LPs. Hope Niggurath says why he pulled it sometime.

Well, if it ever resurfaces somewhere, watch that LP. It was real good.

FicusArt posted:

Watch this LP of the same game instead, then: http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/167

In my opinion quite possibly the funniest things from this subforum.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm interested in looking into a Parasite Eve Let's Play, but the Archive has a bunch of them. Are any of them recommended over the others?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Jay Rust posted:

I'm interested in looking into a Parasite Eve Let's Play, but the Archive has a bunch of them. Are any of them recommended over the others?

The one where Danny Glover was photoshopped into everything.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Jay Rust posted:

Crowetron's is quite good, and has the advantage of him also doing a Parasite Eve 2 LP in the archive.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

TheQat posted:

what's the best video lp of Mother 3?

I don't know if this is "the best," but I just stumbled across this and remembered that you asked. It's a playthrough of Mother 3 done by one of the people who worked on the fan translation with

quote:

translation notes, translation project memories, little-known trivia, and more. I even had guests on, including fellow project members – even the head localizer for EarthBound stopped by in the chat a few times!

http://legendsoflocalization.com/mother-3/live-translation-notes/

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

TopherCStone posted:

I don't know if this is "the best," but I just stumbled across this and remembered that you asked. It's a playthrough of Mother 3 done by one of the people who worked on the fan translation with

http://legendsoflocalization.com/mother-3/live-translation-notes/

Awesome, thank you very much. I hadn't found that yet and it beats the hell out of "Super Beard Bros" which was the top contender otherwise

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
Does anyone know of a good informative Crimson Skies LP? Back when Research Indicates had a thread on it I thought it was a pretty cool game, but the LP never got past level 20 and I'd like to see more of it. Research Indicates did a great job talking about and showcasing the planes, the loadouts, the story and the levels. It would be nice to see someone finish the game with a similar informative style.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
I'm looking for a chill, informative playthrough of an atmospheric and/or exploratory sort of game. Video please, either voice or subtitles are fine.

I've enjoyed the Demon's Souls, The Void, and Deadly Premonition LPs linked in the first post, and I just watched mastigophoran's playthrough of Eternal Daughter and liked it a lot, so 2D and 3D games alike are appreciated.

(Consider that a rec for Eternal Daughter, by the way. It's a neat, quirky little freeware Metroidvania and mastigophoran knows a lot about the game and shows it off well.)

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
The same guy who did the Void LP also finished The Talos Principle (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3696744), if you liked The Void then you will surely like it too.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Princey posted:

I'm looking for a chill, informative playthrough of an atmospheric and/or exploratory sort of game. Video please, either voice or subtitles are fine.

I've enjoyed the Demon's Souls, The Void, and Deadly Premonition LPs linked in the first post, and I just watched mastigophoran's playthrough of Eternal Daughter and liked it a lot, so 2D and 3D games alike are appreciated.

(Consider that a rec for Eternal Daughter, by the way. It's a neat, quirky little freeware Metroidvania and mastigophoran knows a lot about the game and shows it off well.)

Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason by Blister is an interesting little FPS about a sailor stuck on a wrecked icebreaker with paranormal poo poo going down.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Princey posted:

Consider this Youtube LP of Wasteland, which basically fits all your demands; it's pretty much the ideal archetype in making a combination informative-narrative-experimental LP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvYcu5qaO-s&list=PL74BAB66E726A508F

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Thank you all! Those look great!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SWMadness posted:

Cryostasis: The Sleep of Reason by Blister is an interesting little FPS about a sailor stuck on a wrecked icebreaker with paranormal poo poo going down.

It's also about beating up infinite frozen men with a wiimote-slash-door-handle but that is true as well.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Princey posted:

Ether One by skoolmunkee is pretty great.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
I just finished watching Chip and Ironicus's LPs of the uncharted games and am looking for something similar with co-commentators with really good chemistry playing a game that doesn't drag on excessively. I'm already watching their current Watch_D0gs LP.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I dunno if this fits but Panzer and Skippygranola's Saints Row LPs might be up your alley? Although those are a bit more unhinged due to the nature of the games.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

LorrdErnie posted:

I just finished watching Chip and Ironicus's LPs of the uncharted games and am looking for something similar with co-commentators with really good chemistry playing a game that doesn't drag on excessively. I'm already watching their current Watch_D0gs LP.

Jeff and David are probably right up your jam. In particular their Darksiders 1 and 2 LPs are real good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

LorrdErnie posted:

Ambisagrus and A Wooden Pallisade would fit, I'd say.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

LorrdErnie posted:

Just A Friend & Sinatrapod's LPs of Spyro 2, 3 & 4 should be good.

Spyro 2
Spyro 3
Spyro 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

LorrdErnie posted:

You might enjoy probably my 2 favourite LPs (also 2 of the most commonly suggested):
helloitsdan and Ldad playing Mercs 2
rchimpcola and Sinatrapod playing Resident Evil 5

The multiplayer aspect of both games is a nice bonus to the co-commentator dynamics too.