Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
okcupid.txt triggering intensifies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

he is happily married, and living across the ocean

edit: also he was living with his fiancee when i met him

It's cute you think any of that makes a difference.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

darth cookie posted:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

YeahTubaMike posted:

my okc profile picture is of me with a guy's arm around me, but he is not, nor has he ever been my boyfriend, and our relationship is so brother-sisterly that it didn't even occur to me that i might be scaring dudes away from my profile with it.

That dumb bastard has to look at your okcupid profile and be like, "that's my arm"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

YeahTubaMike posted:

my okc profile picture is of me with a guy's arm around me, but he is not, nor has he ever been my boyfriend, and our relationship is so brother-sisterly that it didn't even occur to me that i might be scaring dudes away from my profile with it.

See I look at it and think "If you're not over your ex enough to take a new pic, why are you here?" and pass.

Granted that's on Tinder which is more a reflex game like fruit ninja.

As a general rule for both sexes on any dating sites, think best practice for a main profile pic is just a flattering pic of you. All the "chillin with buds, this is my best friend of the opposite sex totes platonic" can be supplemental pixx. Maybe I'm wrong tho and other dudes like the "guess which of these 4 people mugging for the camera at the bar is me."

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
I've always been a fan of the "independent to a fault" crowd. Does that mean I can expect her to just automatically pay for her own poo poo without having a discussion about it beforehand?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

ElGroucho posted:

That dumb bastard has to look at your okcupid profile and be like, "that's my arm"

he's not even on okcupid holy poo poo is it seriously that big a deal :pwn:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Otisburg posted:

See I look at it and think "If you're not over your ex enough to take a new pic, why are you here?" and pass.

Granted that's on Tinder which is more a reflex game like fruit ninja.

As a general rule for both sexes on any dating sites, think best practice for a main profile pic is just a flattering pic of you. All the "chillin with buds, this is my best friend of the opposite sex totes platonic" can be supplemental pixx. Maybe I'm wrong tho and other dudes like the "guess which of these 4 people mugging for the camera at the bar is me."

this s interesting. i wish my most flattering & recent pic didn't have a dude in it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

YeahTubaMike posted:

our relationship is so brother-sisterly

To you.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Had a date with a girl who answered the "wherefore art thou Romeo" question correctly but negged the correct answer from me :wtf:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

ROFLBOT posted:

Had a date with a girl who answered the "wherefore art thou Romeo" question correctly but negged the correct answer from me :wtf:

Every person I have seen get that question wrong has also answered that they are smarter than most other people.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

darth cookie posted:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

this s interesting. i wish my most flattering & recent pic didn't have a dude in it.

The power is in your hands. Invite over a friend, get as did up as you care to, get the lights just right, and have them snap away.

Heck, this is just IMO, but a decent "selfie" if that's all you can manage is miles better than a cropped guy arm or full-on snuggly dude two-shot for your main profile pic. Whether or not you "think of him as a brother" I guarantee that's not how it comes across to someone scrolling through a few dozen profiles on a search.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

YeahTubaMike posted:

he's not even on okcupid holy poo poo is it seriously that big a deal :pwn:

Online dating is based on snap judgments and this is definitely getting snap judged.

naem
May 29, 2011

Men pretty much want to lock antlers with any other man we see and fight over females it's just how mating works, sorry ladies

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

naem posted:

Men pretty much want to lock antlers with any other man we see and fight over females it's just how mating works, sorry ladies

speak for urself i inflate my neck sacs and let out a loud croaaaak to let the swamp ladies know i'm available to make tadpoles

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Otisburg posted:

Maybe I'm wrong tho and other dudes like the "guess which of these 4 people mugging for the camera at the bar is me."

Not a very interesting game I'm afraid. It's the ugly one. It's always the ugly one.

That goes for both genders, btw.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Someone repost that picture of the two girls in a tinder account profile. One of them is down for butt-stuff and it is immediately obvious which one it is.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ElGroucho posted:

Someone repost that picture of the two girls in a tinder account profile. One of them is down for butt-stuff and it is immediately obvious which one it is.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i did it, i found my first one for the thread:

quote:

UPDATE- Looking for a Dungeon Master!
I want to learn DnD sooo badly. Please teach me.

and foremost I am not interested in casual sex or short-term dating. If what you are seeking is primarily sexual or NSA, please move along.

That said I am perfectly fine with friends and maybe benefits if we click well enough eventually.

I am shy, and at times childish, immature, and naive. I have opinions about society that are not popular. I gravitate towards alternative and 'odd' people. Those that march to their own beat and do not let the rest of the world decide things for them. I love to learn. Anyone who can teach me something new will immediately catch my interest. It just happens that way. If you have issues with insecurities driving the way you handle relationships, we will have problems. I don't do the 'you complete me' or 'one true love' thing. I love without compromise or limitations. If it tears you up inside that someone you love could possibly have room to love another.. we are not compatible romantically. We can be friends, as long as you're open-minded, but that is all. If you want, we can talk about it. Perhaps I can offer a new perspective.

I value open honesty above all else. Lying is easy. People do it all the time. Being 100% up front about who you are and what you want is hard. It makes you vulnerable, but also valuable and genuine. I won't accept people in my life who won't be real with me.

That said I am a freelance artist, an introvert, a SAHM, the 's' in a 24/7 TPE CNC M/s dynamic, polyamorous, bi, and in a constant state of learning and exploring new creative outlets.
this just seems like someone that's looking for someone who wants to get cucked for the long term :confused:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Business Gorillas posted:

a SAHM, the 's' in a 24/7 TPE CNC M/s dynamic

I get that this is one of those "if you need to ask, they're wrong for you" things, but I've got no idea what any of this means. I'm guessing M/s is Master/sub and the 24/7 means they want that to happen outside the bedroom as well, but beyond that I have no idea at all. Is CNC consensual and non-consensual? I'm usually pretty good with working out acronyms, but geez.

Honestly, why would you include ridiculous acronyms that confuse 99% of the population on your dating profile instead of just posting on fetlife like the rest of the freaks out there?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
CNC means computerized numerical control. She wants to get hosed by an industrial mill with a dildo bit attached.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

cmndstab posted:

I get that this is one of those "if you need to ask, they're wrong for you" things, but I've got no idea what any of this means. I'm guessing M/s is Master/sub and the 24/7 means they want that to happen outside the bedroom as well, but beyond that I have no idea at all. Is CNC consensual and non-consensual? I'm usually pretty good with working out acronyms, but geez.

Honestly, why would you include ridiculous acronyms that confuse 99% of the population on your dating profile instead of just posting on fetlife like the rest of the freaks out there?

a [stay at home mom], the [sub] in a 24/7 [total power exchange, consensual non-consent (meaning she has given up complete control over her life and autonomy), Master-slave] dynamic

I feel real bad for her kid.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i actually have respect for someone who says they have a kid in the first 2-3 sentences.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Otisburg posted:

speak for urself i inflate my neck sacs and let out a loud croaaaak to let the swamp ladies know i'm available to make tadpoles

Hmm... I knew there was another male muscling in my turf... "inflates throat pouch menacingly"

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Uhhh I don't see anything wrong with this. Actually this is the exact sort of woman I would message..,

Rime posted:

Minin' gold today goons. Minin'....gold. :stare:

Now her, on the other hand: no. I don't understand why people spend a tremendous amount of time and effort telling others not to message them, but I hope they don't act surprised when people take their advice and stay the hell away.

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 27, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

notZaar posted:

CNC means computerized numerical control. She wants to get hosed by an industrial mill with a dildo bit attached.
that site's been running for like two decades now

paco650 posted:

a [stay at home mom], the [sub] in a 24/7 [total power exchange, consensual non-consent (meaning she has given up complete control over her life and autonomy), Master-slave] dynamic

I feel real bad for her kid.
kid walks into the bedroom for even a second and he's the next BTK

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

You should message me if
If we have stuff in common. Just looking for friends at the moment.

If you're a furry, or definitely if you're in to petplay! I always enjoy meeting people in the Fet... pets, strays, and Masters alike!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

this is the only thing in the profile besides the basic info that she's a woman and hasn't done drugs

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

this is the only thing in the profile besides the basic info that she's a woman and hasn't done drugs

Wet foam it up.

naem
May 29, 2011

a cumpire

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
she looks pretty fun + also hot go for it, op

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cream it up

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

despite the derpface on the right, it's definitely the one on the left

it's always the "normals"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

quote:

hello there. my name is Taylor & have a fat rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk1ZO_980DI

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
My self-summary
I am Erin and I am new to this site. I am looking for a guy that is good to be with. I do not care about the looks, and more important is that he will treat me like a princess and spoils me on what I want. I also look for a guy that is financially capable of whatever I need. :) contact me at <redacted>

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im one of the most loving, caring people you'll ever meet but if you mess with any of my friends you'll see my bad side!!!!!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
"I''m bubbly"

*Gravitational lensing apparent on profile pics*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

"I'm looking for a partner in crime"
*balks when asked to be the wheelman on your diamond heist*

• Locked thread