Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Well all four friezas on my team are finally SSR* now just to keep trying for the SSR Final Form. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Finally got what I needed to Z-Awaken Bardock. Heck yeah. Now I guess I can farm up Piccolo Jr.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I've spent the last day and a half beating the rest of the campaign on Z-Hard. Went from about 8 dragon stones to 96, with 50 spent on a multi-summon yesterday. Also went from rank 64 to 85, and I only have 16 King Kai missions left to complete Have to awaken 3 SR's and 2 R's and then it's just a matter of getting everyone to max level. I don't feel like doing another Multi-summon right now, though it would be nice to have an true SSR.

Think I'm done grinding for a bit though.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Lvl 10 Super Piccolo Jr. complete. One of the few strike events I don't need to do 80 times to get ONE card (gently caress King Vegeta and King Cold) and can actually farm up the super.

Edit: Also, did two multi-summon, no SSJs as usual BUT the awesome [R] CUI luck of mine has it at lvl 8 SUPER!!!

isme fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 30, 2015

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Did they lower the rate on the Gohan Event ? I haven't gotten a second one and I've been doing it mostly on Z.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I lied about being done. Just decided to try and do a couple of single summons. Got a SSR SSJ 2 Goku...and some other guys. Going to be grinding the Awakening missions this week to get him enough Bubbles (stupid 50 bubbles), Grandpa Gohan's and Kibitos to awaken. Thankfully I had an old Kai to awaken him that way.

Batmasterson posted:

Did they lower the rate on the Gohan Event ? I haven't gotten a second one and I've been doing it mostly on Z.

I think he actually only drops on easy. Unless they changed the rate.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Yeah Gohan drops every time you complete the final mission on Normal. He doesn't drop on any other difficulty.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Ha figures. Thanks for the heads up.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Now that I've got Bardock to a good place and awakened the SR Ginyu Force, I don't really know what to tinker with next. I guess I should awaken a TEQ SR since the only TEQ SSR I have is Guldo?

Here's a few of the SRs I was looking at working on, anyone have any suggestions of who to focus on? Nappa seems like a good candidate. Maybe I'll get someone that jumps out from the new banner this week.

TEQ Nappa
TEQ Jackie Chun
PHY Raditz
PHY Vegeta (level 4 super)
AGI Android 18
STR Videl
STR Chi-Chi

Maybe a Frieza or two? I have EoI awakened already and the STR 2nd form and TEQ 3rd form. No SSR, unsurprisingly.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Echophonic posted:

Now that I've got Bardock to a good place and awakened the SR Ginyu Force, I don't really know what to tinker with next. I guess I should awaken a TEQ SR since the only TEQ SSR I have is Guldo?

Here's a few of the SRs I was looking at working on, anyone have any suggestions of who to focus on? Nappa seems like a good candidate. Maybe I'll get someone that jumps out from the new banner this week.

TEQ Nappa
TEQ Jackie Chun
PHY Raditz
AGI Android 18
STR Videl
STR Chi-Chi

Maybe a Frieza or two? I have EoI awakened already and the STR 2nd form and TEQ 3rd form. No SSR, unsurprisingly.

I'm partial to Jackie Chun, as I got his super to level 10 and was running a Roshi/Chun/Tao/Cyborg Tao for a little bit. Nappa's probably better with a Sayian team though. PHY Raditz has also been pretty good on my team though that's might be due to his links. I've also found Android 18 pretty strong by herself attack wise. With an Android 17 link they both become pretty good, though I only have the R PHY and STR SR to go off of. Chi-Chi might be strong, but her links are not that great.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Man, why the gently caress are there two rare Phys Android 19s? Is there really that much demand for robo-clown?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

cptn_dr posted:

Man, why the gently caress are there two rare Phys Android 19s? Is there really that much demand for robo-clown?

I knew there were two R TEQ Chazou. I learned today that there is also an SR TEQ Chazou.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

I'm partial to Jackie Chun, as I got his super to level 10 and was running a Roshi/Chun/Tao/Cyborg Tao for a little bit. Nappa's probably better with a Sayian team though. PHY Raditz has also been pretty good on my team though that's might be due to his links. I've also found Android 18 pretty strong by herself attack wise. With an Android 17 link they both become pretty good, though I only have the R PHY and STR SR to go off of. Chi-Chi might be strong, but her links are not that great.

Yeah, I do have a bunch of awakened Saiyans already, hence looking at Nappa. Kid and King Vegeta, SSJ Vegeta and Bardock, Fasha, and all of my R Bardock guys are at SR* and special level 10.

I awakened the R PHY 17 as a stopgap and he seems pretty solid. Pretty useful for farming cash on Dr. Gero's Ambition.

Cozz posted:

I knew there were two R TEQ Chazou. I learned today that there is also an SR TEQ Chazou.

Pretty much all of the Z-Fighters have SR TEQ versions. I have Krillin, Tien, and Chiaotzu. If I had a decent Yamcha, I could probably make a team out of them, Roshi, and Master Shen.

Edit: Haha, Christ. I just pulled SSR Trunks. He better have some decent stats to go with those mediocre links. And of course he needs a Supreme Kai medal.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 31, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is it Xeno Trunks or an SSJ one?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

Is it Xeno Trunks or an SSJ one?

Man, I wish he was a Super Saiyan. It's Xeno Trunks. Least he can go on a team with SSJ PHY Vegeta and break some faces, unlike my SSJ TEQ Vegeta.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Every Trunks is bad

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Xeno Trunks is apparently the worst SSR

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

Xeno Trunks is apparently the worst SSR

Reddit has him listed as better than either SSJ Vegeta and that seems kind of weird. At the end of the day, though, he's still an SSR. If I ever get the resources to awaken him, it'll probably be worth it.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Isn't his leader skill really good? 15% HP & Attack seems good. Do his stats just suck?

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

Echophonic posted:

TEQ Nappa
TEQ Jackie Chun
PHY Raditz
AGI Android 18
STR Videl
STR Chi-Chi

Definitely Jackie Chun for the +3 TEQ KI, in fact I would say the same for any character with +3 KI. +3 KI leadership skill is pretty powerful for single color teams which is almost necessary for lots of Strike event and daily awakening runs.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Nappa is really versatile and has links with many teams. On the other hand I'm a sucker for early DB so I'd probably train Jackie Chun first.

STR Videl will have a dokkan awakening so you might want to have her ready too.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is there any point to rotating the character portrait on the main screen of the game? It's kinda neat so you can admire the artwork and you can jump to their card, but does it serve any purpose?

Along with that, anyone else catch a glimpse of the gray silhouette that's there before your team loads in? It looks like Goku jumping backwards doing a kamehameha but I don't think it matches any current character model.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

Isn't his leader skill really good? 15% HP & Attack seems good. Do his stats just suck?

It looks pretty solid, but his lack of links and middle of the road passive don't really have a lot to recommend him. I also have two Z-Awakened SSRs already with much more useful leader abilities. He'd make a solid team member from a numbers perspective.

isme posted:

Definitely Jackie Chun for the +3 TEQ KI, in fact I would say the same for any character with +3 KI. +3 KI leadership skill is pretty powerful for single color teams which is almost necessary for lots of Strike event and daily awakening runs.

Petiso posted:

Nappa is really versatile and has links with many teams. On the other hand I'm a sucker for early DB so I'd probably train Jackie Chun first.

STR Videl will have a dokkan awakening so you might want to have her ready too.

I need someone that supports my TEQ guys, so I'll probably work on Jackie first, then Nappa.

I have an extra SR STR Videl for her Dokkan Awakening already.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Seems that if you die during a battle, any items you used during that one battle is given back. So spend everything to beat a Z-hard boss in the future, because there's no downside if you die.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

One thing to remember in any/all games is that if something isn't "THE GREATEST", it "sucks". I'd gladly add a Xeno Trunks to my roster.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

japan just got their first GT event

apparently they have a Tree Of Might story event going on too where you can get Turles and the fruit drops as a special item or something? so theres a bunch of stuff still on the way for us

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

japan just got their first GT event

apparently they have a Tree Of Might story event going on too where you can get Turles and the fruit drops as a special item or something? so theres a bunch of stuff still on the way for us

I must have "Vegeta with Moustache". That must be a thing. The tagline could be "Mustachioed Muscle Man" and he could link with anyone with facial hair.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I'm going to run out of SSR space with all these awesome characters incoming. :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Mustache Vegeta would be great, yeah. Also wouldn't mind Pan or Uub.

As for now, had the cash and the levels to do Nappa, so I have at least one SSR* TEQ guy now. He works well with a lot of teams, as stated. Brutal Beatdown is super common and pretty good.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I learned two things today. The first that Android 17 TEQ's skill(AGL Type Opponent ATK decreased by 25%) when combined with Chilled Friend skill(AGL Type Opponent ATK decreased by 20%) can negate even Roshi's Kamehameha on Z-Hard (It did like 1000 damage). The second thing I learned is that I shouldn't have used my Z-stones for a multi-summon, as I got 3 Borgos, 3 Shugesh, a Yamcha, two Tiens I already had, and Master Shen as the SR. I'll soon forget the dragon stone lesson though.

I've also been just playing The Ultimate Life-Form - New Enemy stage on Z-Hard, farming Cell Jr's. Pretty good drop rate, and my team is overpowered enough that I don't have to use items. Is there a better stage for farming characters?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just do other stuff and rack up friend points, then get a bunch of types I can't use from a friend multi-summon..

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

There really should always be a way to dragon summon that is not through an event, it's criminal to get duplicated cards in a multisummon when the R and SR pool is so ridiculously huge.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Petiso posted:

There really should always be a way to dragon summon that is not through an event, it's criminal to get duplicated cards in a multisummon when the R and SR pool is so ridiculously huge.

Honestly I wish they'd just let me trade in 100 stones for one card of my choice. I'd go for it. Probably game breaking or something, but considering I've spent like 150+ stones just trying to get frieza and have no SSRs to show for it, I'm really falling out of favor with this game.
At least I still have PAD and Rider Bout. Rider Bout is completely unashamedly Pay to Win but is still completely playable without spending a dime For instance there's a system where you get random bosses as a "patrol" and your region competes with other regions for prizes. They released a character today that gives you an extra 5% or something on top of being strong as hell, and it's an expensive premium roll only and even then you get no guarantees of getting it. Also the rarest cards have animated sparkles which is silly and fun.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I am not going to even divulge how many stones I wasted with not even one SSR to show for it. It's a gambling addict mentality. "The next pull will DEFINITELY be a SSR". *pulls the 8th R CUI*

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I did about 7 pulls today.
SR #18 - I already have one, so hey, Special Attack levelup.
R #18 - Less impressive.
R #20
R #16
R Guldo
R Chiaotzu
R Zarbon

I was hoping for one of the future Androids at least, but nope.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ugh. Not even going to say what I spent on stones failing to get the new SSR cards but I did get one of each new Android plus more than one new SR Cell. His links loving blow though. He should hypothetically have Saiyan, Android, and Namekian links. He's really kinda homeless right now.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Really, at this point in the game, my goal's to get as many SSRs and URs as possible and have them maxed.

I'm fighting the urge not to spend any money on this game, so my Dragon Stone allotment is essentially 0 at this point.

STILL NO UR THO :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm allowing myself to spend money, but only because I'm enjoying it so much. If I like a thing, I'm willing to fund that thing. I know putting real life money into a digital slot machine to get a thing with literally zero monetary value is stupid, but I just can't stop myself.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I've spent too much, but I'm still having fun.

Just got Future 17 and Future 18 from a 10 pull, along with another SR Gero and two SR Cui. The future androids don't really share any links with the regular ones besides Android Assault, which kind of sucks. They both have Brutal Beatdown, though.

I'm looking at this and it's dumb. Both sets of 17 and 18 have a +2 Ki link, but they're different. The regular ones have Twin Terrors and the Future ones have Organic Upgrade.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Sep 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, I've spent too much, but I'm still having fun.

Just got Future 17 and Future 18 from a 10 pull, along with another SR Gero and two SR Cui. The future androids don't really share any links with the regular ones besides Android Assault, which kind of sucks. They both have Brutal Beatdown, though.

I'm looking at this and it's dumb. Both sets of 17 and 18 have a +2 Ki link, but they're different. The regular ones have Twin Terrors and the Future ones have Organic Upgrade.

It was enough for me to build an all-Android rainbow party. The fact that the Future Androids are different types than the others is nice, but the link thing is kinda dumb. Still, they're both powerhouses. I've had a TEQ 17 that was one of my first pulls on the account, and he's Z-Awakened lvl 77 with 6 or 7 Super because my account loves giving him to me, so it's nice to have a reason to use him again. He was my TEQ until I pulled my first SSR, TEQ Vegeta way back when.