Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It's just very easy which pretty much tells you hey, you have out leveled this one, stop being a scrub. Yes, that means what you've just unlocked will be impossible which at least later on isn't impossible at all but rather your go to difficulty. At some prestige levels not everything will be available in a difficulty you want, again, later on you pretty much only stick to impossible so you just pick something else or ask to be carried. There will however always be something available to you but early on it can gently caress you over a bit if you're just trying to get one thing.

Edit: check this table for reference: http://sf.karamfils.com/proficiency.html#?prestige=&proficiency=2025-2345

Morglon fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Inzombiac posted:

What I don't get:
I log in an play, let's say Port Nori, and it defaults to Hard. I play it again the next day and it's at easy but my Prestige has only gone up. It's there a hidden tier system or what?
I'm usually very game savvy but this game makes me feel like an idiot sometimes.

The difficulty is relative to your Prestige. You gained Prestige so now that star/skull rating shouldn't be as hard for you. But you also don't have the Prestige to unlock the next one up, you should be able to open the difficulty chooser and see the next tier requires X prestige.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Did they start culling animation frames with more people on screen? I don't know if it's this patch or my system as I haven't played since I upgraded my motherboard/cpu to skylake and it's making me worried.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
It does it if there's a lot of people on screen, and if you're below a certain frame rate (seems to be about 20FPS).

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Edit: Nevermind

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 27, 2015

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

I've knocked up a program to automatically do order missions for me. If anyone wants to try it out you can grab it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7x4n9s0mjzfe0k/SFOrder%20v1.0%20.zip?dl=0

A couple of caveats:
Because security is :effort: your username and password remain visible in the console window, and are also saved in a plaintext file almost entirely unencrypted. But hey, if you use your skyforge password for anything else then you don't care about security anyway.
Because combinatorial optimization problems are even more :effort: the algorithm that chooses missions and assigns adepts is extremely simple and suboptimal.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Get ready for the party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKyXUqC2C8

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

hit button posted:

I've knocked up a program to automatically do order missions for me. If anyone wants to try it out you can grab it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7x4n9s0mjzfe0k/SFOrder%20v1.0%20.zip?dl=0

A couple of caveats:
Because security is :effort: your username and password remain visible in the console window, and are also saved in a plaintext file almost entirely unencrypted. But hey, if you use your skyforge password for anything else then you don't care about security anyway.
Because combinatorial optimization problems are even more :effort: the algorithm that chooses missions and assigns adepts is extremely simple and suboptimal.

So basically dont use it?

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

If those are dealbreakers to you then yeah, don't use it. :shrug:

I just wanted something to deal with the facebook game aspect without having to babysit it.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

hit button posted:

A couple of caveats:

Hey Sassy :) gonna give it a whirl over the weekend. Are you on NA or EU?

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Hey dude, I'm on NA as Hit Button, braving the terrible ping (actually this is one of the least ping dependent mmos I've played).

Oh, that's a good point. The program won't work if you're on EU, but I assumed no goons would be anyway.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Thanks hitbutton, I think this is the 5th addon/program of yours I'm using now.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

So that quest where you have to go kill a guy who drops sparks to let you god form, is that a daily? weekly?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Weekly.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Weeklyish. I have caught it three times in a week. Its total fucky. Just check out the park every now and again to see if dickface has the quest for you.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Weeklyish. I have caught it three times in a week. Its total fucky. Just check out the park every now and again to see if dickface has the quest for you.

What do we need for the raid building anyway?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

hit button posted:

Hey dude, I'm on NA as Hit Button, braving the terrible ping (actually this is one of the least ping dependent mmos I've played).

Oh, that's a good point. The program won't work if you're on EU, but I assumed no goons would be anyway.

Yeah, while the ping was not-terrible once I could actually get into the NA servers my EU-side guy was already 15k prestige and in a chill pantheon. Oh well, don't make the bot-thing EU-friendly just for me, I can live without it :)

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

We got this after running two of the invasion maps poorly.

wjs5 posted:

What do we need for the raid building anyway?

10 Million in the Guild Bank.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

We got this after running two of the invasion maps poorly.

10 Million in the Guild Bank.

Nice, I couldnt figure out how to do an inasion yet, I might just not have enough prestige yet.

I think we are at what 5 Mil? Oh well.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Invasion bullshit is for everyone who has unlocked their divine form. 30,000 Prestige or higher only.

Squash all rumors about allowing low prestige players into the big boys club right now.

The Distortion structure in the guild is for doing some crazy boss fights for players around 60k prestige.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

For anyone running the city invasion and was wondering what the "Deliver Supplies to Templars" boxes look like.

Took us a while to locate them. May our struggle and incompetence prevent future occurrences of such.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Is anyone actually playing this on EU?

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Just like all goon games the EU population will be tiny, and you will have better luck playing on the US servers.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Megazver posted:

Me, lots of people play on EU (nick is Meat Magician if you want an invite in a cool pantheon).
Frankly for an action combat like in Skyforge, you can't accept the ping you get on the NA server if you're in Europe and interested in pvp.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Knightsoul posted:

Me, lots of people play on EU (nick is Meat Magician if you want an invite in a cool pantheon).
Frankly for an action combat like in Skyforge, you can't accept the ping you get on the NA server if you're in Europe and interested in pvp.

Except lots of people have said that it's not a big deal. I don't give a poo poo about PvP but it really doesn't matter. Honestly latency has never been a problem except for when the server shits itself and everybody lags out but that has nothing to do with the distance. Playing on NA servers from the EU is completely fine and only means you get to hang out with the rest of the goons which granted, may be a thing you might not want to do.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I don't hold out much hope for any mmo's pvp. I joined onto the na server to play with goons because I don't have the patience to be dealing with pubs a lot of the time. The lag is definitely noticeable from time to time but you have a lot of leeway in mmo pve so its not a big deal to me

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Just make a character on both servers and start out on NA. High ping doesn't do much in the way of negative things except for weirdness due to bad code. Rubberbanding can be an issue but that's more dependent on your packet loss (which your ping means gently caress all if you're dropping packets in any online game) and, strangely, class. Kinetic, despite being one of the least mobile classes, rubberbands a lot for me. Witchlock and Archer? Nope not a problem.

If you decide that the NA server isn't for you, then you'll at least have the spark caps on the EU server similar to your NA character, so you're not effectively losing weeks of waiting by switching if it takes you a few days to decide.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
It's not just the ping, queue times on NA are way longer than on EU during EU prime time. And you're not really playing with goons on NA, you'll be sleeping by the time the majority logs on.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

BabyFur Denny posted:

It's not just the ping, queue times on NA are way longer than on EU during EU prime time. And you're not really playing with goons on NA, you'll be sleeping by the time the majority logs on.

Yeah, pretty much. I'm not on basement-goon hosed up sleep schedule these days, so my playtime doesn't really overlap much with NA playtime.

Knightsoul posted:

Thanks. I'll hit you up.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

This is why I went for Distortion over Either Projector.

After the Either Projector was built it gave us all 80 resistance (Rank 1) to everything in the game as a base. You can use the invasion tokens and your batteries to upgrade that resistance to 100 (Rank 2) and TWO DAYS. It takes two days for a single upgrade to get to 100. There is a mission on the board for this invasion that requires 100 Hypno, 100 Rad, 300 Poison resist in order to run. If we get all three of those to 100 its gonna take us six days. That only gets the three resists to 100. I have no way of knowing how much the cost and time to upgrade a resist to 300 is but the invasion even is only going to last 12 days. In order to make this thing a reality we would have to spend 10 million bucks and a large number of construction points into the guild to upgrade the Either projector one more time to get the ability to be allowed to upgrade to 300 resist and then after that we have to hope that the upgrade from 100 to 300 poison resist doesn't take more than the remaining six days and that is only if you started researching your resist upgrade on day one of the invasion.

That whole block of text is poorly written and confusing but it equates down to the idea that I would rather spend the recent bankroll of the guild on Distortion Analyzer than something that I don't think we have enough time to accomplish. But then again you can just grab some of the commanders and overthrow that vote because this isn't totally under my control. I just started the vote. Its on you fucks now.

This message is mostly directed at Lewtt I think.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I read that later Resistance upgrades require "less batteries" and "more knowledge."

I'm not 30k so I don't know what that means, but apparently it means you don't need millions of credits to reach 300 Resistance.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

a cat on an apple posted:

I read that later Resistance upgrades require "less batteries" and "more knowledge."

I'm not 30k so I don't know what that means, but apparently it means you don't need millions of credits to reach 300 Resistance.

You still need millions of credits for the pantheon building. The actual upgrades costs invasion sparks and batteries.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

I've been playing this for about a week and I'm hooked. I really like micromanaging my character/order. I think it may have been a mistake to not loot credit spheres for my first few days though. Now I'm at 4300 prestige and everyone else seems to have way more sparks than me. I'm only half done with Lightbinder and I have Slayer just barely unlocked. I'll probably head toward Archer next because there's a Het Ether Slot to unlock on the way.

I've been practicing grouping in 3mans because I have an Okki trapped on MSM for the next day or so. I can't tell if I'm just bad or everyone is bad. Half the time people don't even pick up health when they're dying so it's tough to keep them alive. How far would I have to out-prestige a dungeon to solo it on the lowest difficulty?

Anyway, I assume the guild is full by now but I'm Sonnan Dreya in game and I'd like an invite whenever there's room for non-god weaklings.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Any squad-type dungeon can be soloed. You are not going to solo a 5-man.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Megazver posted:

Yeah. I started with some friends on EU, and when they quit, I didn't want to start all over on NA, so I stuck around. These days, mostly doing PvP for sparks, while trying to convince other friends to join up with me.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Back from vacation today and dying to play this poo poo. Now that guild chat is working I hope I will be able to find people to do MSM with consistently. :ohdear:

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Someone really needs to do a better newbie guide in the OP. Something like MAX PALADIN FIRST and SELL ALL ETHER CORES THEY ARE REVAMPING THE SYSTEM LATER, and finally TO GET MORE SPARKS JUST PLAY THE GAME IT GETS SUPER EASY TO HIT THE CAP AFTER YOUR SECOND WEEK.

Also don't ever play cryomancer except to get the 200 kills for the quest, it's the worst class and I wasted so much on it, and it's symbol is terrible.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The best class is not playing the game ;)

Looked up the invasion stuff and hey look it's the same loving mobs we've seen for the 9000th time :holy:

Wake me up when the game isn't bees, bugs n bots.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Washout posted:

Also don't ever play cryomancer except to get the 200 kills for the quest, it's the worst class and I wasted so much on it, and it's symbol is terrible.

Reported for classism.

• Locked thread