Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Kegluneq posted:

I love that the lightbulb is clearly not lit.

Oh man, that's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

lol

"I was worried democracy was back"

Bang up job, Ted Rall.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Suits me. I learned cursive in the eighties and whenever I have to read someone else's cursive they learned it a different way/in a different era so it's like learning loving Chinese trying to understand it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Starshark posted:

He's going to make a book out of this poo poo, isn't he? And then he'll complain when it gets remaindered after a week.

He's been on this issue for six weeks, now.

Six entire weeks.

I see that and I think

gently caress

that guy must be pretty comfortable, lifestyle-wise, if he can afford to spend six weeks complaining about how he got fired

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

"My free speech is being brutally suppressed", man's widely distributed message says.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Another new Lang. Clumsy even by his standards.

Boss Smiley has fallen on hard times, indeed.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K 7-Eleven

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Starshark posted:

He's going to make a book out of this poo poo, isn't he? And then he'll complain when it gets remaindered after a week.

The question is, who will play Ted Rall in the film adaptation?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Samuel Clemens posted:

The question is, who will play Ted Rall in the film adaptation?

Ted Rall, who will also direct.

Imagine the poor film crew trying to follow storyboards drawn by Rall :barf:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

He should probably start at one of the lower branches in government and work his way up. Learn the system, maybe intern at the local Parks Department.

:)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Kegluneq posted:

Luckily for them Ted would fire them in 3 seconds for messing with his vision.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Thanks to the eye-catching awful cover of that Snowden book I noticed Rall's coming to a local bookstore to promote. What a day!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Whoolighams posted:

Thanks to the eye-catching awful cover of that Snowden book I noticed Rall's coming to a local bookstore to promote. What a day!

You know what you have to do.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Give him a blowjob if he looks down/HIV-positive?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Offer Ted Rall a job just to see how he reacts?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

In anticipation of this weeks politoons

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
No Teleprompter, crying liberty or George Bush riding off into the sunset. 7/10

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kegluneq posted:

So it'd be like The Room, but somehow even worse and even more pathetic in how it depicts a bitter dude trying to spin things.

What would the audience throw where they saw a drone?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the best part of these comics is reading them in the inherently funny oz accent

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Tom Guycot posted:

In anticipation of this weeks politoons

I hear the LA Times is looking for someone with your skillset.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Latuff knows Wes Craven was an American right? :confused:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Latuff knows Wes Craven was an American right? :confused:

Given a bunch of privileged American teens are often victims in his movies I think he got a pass.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Some of you in this thread may be interested in this project the Historical Society of Pennsylvania just finished and put online, Politics in Graphic Detail, that annotates American political cartoons from the 18th and 19th centuries.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Cat Mattress posted:

Anyway using this metric we find out that God is directly responsible for over 50 billions death, making him the greatest mass-murderer in the entire history of the universe.

But hey, this one thing here is about fetuses specifically. If when PP performs an abortion it's murder, then surely when God performs an abortion it's also murder. There's about one million miscarriages per year in the USA. Defund God!

But it's all part of God's plan!

Which means it's premeditated murder.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Whoolighams posted:

Make him sign a goon-drawn Rall parody like the firemen one or the Homer Simpson one and see if he notices.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Me: It's good that Obama's renaming Mt. McKinley back to Denali. McKinley was a poo poo president, and the initial re-labeling of the mountain by white outsiders isn't something we should institutionally be OK with.
Republicans: Buh-buh-buh-buh-buh hurr durr Obama hates Republicans and McKinley was a Ohioan and
Me: Wait, he was from Ohio? Why didn't you remind me earlier? DEFINITELY get rid of "McKinley."

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

Me: It's good that Obama's renaming Mt. McKinley back to Denali. McKinley was a poo poo president, and the initial re-labeling of the mountain by white outsiders isn't something we should institutionally be OK with.
Republicans: Buh-buh-buh-buh-buh hurr durr Obama hates Republicans and McKinley was a Ohioan and
Me: Wait, he was from Ohio? Why didn't you remind me earlier? DEFINITELY get rid of "McKinley."

this is sick burn, right here

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

D.N. Nation posted:

whoa sick imaginary burn on an imaginary person

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Saint Sputnik posted:

Make him sign a goon-drawn Rall parody like the firemen one or the Homer Simpson one and see if he notices.

Yes, this is a must.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

D.N. Nation posted:

and then everyone stood up and clapped

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The use of the general "Republicans" should make it exceedingly obvious I'm making the whole thing up, but nice STDH sleuthing, you Internet ninjas, you.

And if bashing Ohio is wrong, well.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

D.N. Nation posted:

The use of the general "Republicans" should make it exceedingly obvious I'm making the whole thing up, but nice STDH sleuthing, you Internet ninjas, you.

I don't think you get why they are ribbing you.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

D.N. Nation posted:

:lol:

You goofy guy.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Deep Hurting posted:

Let's see what's happening in today's thrilling episode of Ted Rall: Stunningly Handsome, Witty, and Charismatic Crusader for Liberty (as Long as You Agree with Everything He Says) Who's Totally Boned Hundreds, no, THOUSANDS of Beautiful Women After Courageously Slaughtering his Enemies, Praise Be Unto His Name and His Groundbreaking Art that Inspired a Generation:

"Nuh uh, I'm not a libeler, YOU'RE the libeler!!!"

Can anyone read the headline on the computer screen? It looks like "LA Times Cartoonist fired as Fourth LAPD no due diligence despite point of innocence, rall God, b'beleb."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I dont know posted:

Can anyone read the headline on the computer screen? It looks like "LA Times Cartoonist fired as Fourth LAPD no due diligence despite point of innocence, rall God, b'beleb."

"still fired, libeled"

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

"LA Times Cartoonist Fired as Favor to LAPD. No due diligence. Despite proof of innocence, still fired, libeled."

Edit: What D.N. Nation said.

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 31, 2015

Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please
I'm just gonna go ahead and predict right now, on 8/31/15, that Ted Rall is going to become a workplace shooter.

I follow him on twitter, and the dude cannot. let it. go.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Reaganomicon posted:

I'm just gonna go ahead and predict right now, on 8/31/15, that Ted Rall is going to become a workplace shooter.

I'd like to see him actually file a libel suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Reaganomicon posted:

One day the printing press is going to unexpectedly disembowel someone.

• Locked thread