Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Ahh ok thanks for the info!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
anyone else having hilariously bad lag on the NA PC server today? I just want to fart around and craft while I'm not-working!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

whitey delenda est posted:

anyone else having hilariously bad lag on the NA PC server today? I just want to fart around and craft while I'm not-working!

The forums have a few posts complaining about NA lag/being unable to connect. Hope it's fixed by the time I'm off work :ohdear:

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Cowboybot posted:

So, I'm in the Ebonheart Pact guild on PS4, and it seems frightfully dead. Where are all these wonderous goon groups doing amazing things with scarce resources? I'm a VR6 DK who tanks and don't want to pug much anymore.

When I hit rank 1, I opted to spend time on alts instead. And there's not much reason to go on voice chat. Wish we had text chat. I find everything else to be superior to PC.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Stop loving shitposting about which version is superior.

Also, game's down all over the place. There goes our 3-man Engine run for tonight.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Scyantific posted:

Also, game's down all over the place. There goes our 3-man Engine run for tonight.

Yup, called off the weekly catchup with my buddies cuz we couldn't stay connected. Buh, I did not miss this part of mmoing.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Cowboybot posted:

So, I'm in the Ebonheart Pact guild on PS4, and it seems frightfully dead. Where are all these wonderous goon groups doing amazing things with scarce resources? I'm a VR6 DK who tanks and don't want to pug much anymore.

I'm a level 47 or 48 NB DPS. I'd join you, but the servers are down.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

I click on a link to see ZOS's response to the server drop, and who do I see posting almost this same exact thing just below that post? I never know what the hell you're talking about here. It's like you're speaking chinese or something. The gently caress is an "engine run"?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Scyantific posted:

It's alright, pluto still needs a v12 engine guardian helm, so we're always down for that run.

e:

JackBadass posted:

The gently caress is an "engine run"?

Veteran Darkshade Caverns. It's like ghostbusters, but with robots.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 28, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

tgidieday posted:

Veteran Darkshade Caverns. It's like ghostbusters, but with robots.

I like the sound of this.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

This one's for you, ennu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PnyuqXliOQ

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Thank god he hasn't discovered brawler yet, I still might not be nerfed into oblivion.

e: Or expert hunter. What is the deal with big numbers in your character sheet always trumping actual dps?
e2: Seriously, stamina nightblades, this is a pro-click.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 28, 2015

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Whenever Scyantific (and a couple others in here) talks, it always reminds me of this.

Willderbeast331
Oct 28, 2008
Can I get an invite to the guild. My characters name is Chronswanson.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Willderbeast331 posted:

Can I get an invite to the guild. My characters name is Chronswanson.

1.) Invites don't go off character name.
2.) What system are you on?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

LOOK AT THIS DAPPER MOTHERFUCKER

Willderbeast331
Oct 28, 2008

JackBadass posted:

1.) Invites don't go off character name.
2.) What system are you on?

I'm on PC. User ID is wilderbeast331

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Race a frog. Do a quest.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
I think the evening dress looks pretty sharp.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just solo'd Normal Wayrest Sewers at level 32.

Champion Points are beyond OP.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Is anyone able to send invites to any decently active trade guild on PC?

If so @photekobv :v:

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009
Alright, which of you is Cuckdad on the Xbone? Also can i get an invite of any sort on the xbone guild? Gamer tag is Syroch, Lizard pact stam NB. Also have racial motif for dwemer shoulders if anyone needs it!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Pushed a Templar to the Veteran Ranks today with Aramek's Sorcerer. After butchering dungeons and hunting shards it was actually very relaxing to take a fully geared lowbie toon and just obliterate dungeons as a pair.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
Things you don't want to hear on stage 10 of DSA: "How do you switch weapons again?"

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

tgidieday posted:

Things you don't want to hear on stage 10 of DSA: "How do you switch weapons again?"

Well, some people don't use weapon swap. I don't.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Alright, so the first run of the DC Guild lotto was a total wash. I debated just refunding the one participant's 500G and saying screw it, but I gave him the win by default instead, since he was the only one to endorse it. Not giving up, though. Going to restart it later with a bigger starting pot and probably a minimum required number of entrants.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

JackBadass posted:

Well, some people don't use weapon swap. I don't.

Why would someone who doesn't use weapon swap ask to be reminded how to use it?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

tgidieday posted:

Why would someone who doesn't use weapon swap ask to be reminded how to use it?

Why would someone who does use weapon swap ask to be reminded how to use it?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

JackBadass posted:

Why would someone who does use weapon swap ask to be reminded how to use it?

...because he forgot? :shrug:

The game's been out for a while now. Some people who left months ago, like he did, are coming back in anticipation of the Imperial City update. And even though he didn't quite remember how to play, we still had a lot of fun running endgame content like Dragonstar Arena and Veteran City of Ash. I think that's a good sign for anyone else who's been away for a while.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

tgidieday posted:

...because he forgot? :shrug:

The game's been out for a while now. Some people who left months ago, like he did, are coming back in anticipation of the Imperial City update. And even though he didn't quite remember how to play, we still had a lot of fun running endgame content like Dragonstar Arena and Veteran City of Ash. I think that's a good sign for anyone else who's been away for a while.

Really, though? Really?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is going to be the new Goon campaign on EP PC?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Currently Chillrend, I believe, but we'll probably migrate to whatever campaign grants easiest access to the Imperial City. Give it a few days for things to settle. I'll be returning to a degree now that IC has dropped, working it in around some MGSV, so we should be able to get some good vet groups running.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Good. You can tank and Ennu, Pluto, and I will butcher everything in sight. :cheeky:

Friday will be Goon Runs of the new dungeons (provided they aren't Undaunted Dailies before then).

Make sure you stock up on lockpicks, since one of those dungeons has a fight where we have to lockpick our way out of a burning cage.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I don't PvP, so I haven't decided if I'm buying the expansion yet. Let us all know how it goes this week (mgsv is gonna cut this week out) and if you feel the non-pvp parts are worth it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welp, some jackass on console just gave away the Fungal Grotto grind. Gonna get nerfed next patch.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Welp, some jackass on console just gave away the Fungal Grotto grind. Gonna get nerfed next patch.

What is the Fungal Grotto grind?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

poor life choice posted:

What is the Fungal Grotto grind?

It is a dungeon that, if one is careful enough, can be easily done with only two people. But the actually grind, in addition to the xp rewards, is an incredible amount of leather scraps from the amount of little baby crabs you kill. Said leather grants upgrade materials upon refining them, it is currently the absolute best place to farm for said leather upgrade materials.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What are some good Nightblade PVP builds?

Edit: Stamina based only please.

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 31, 2015

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

It was never a secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Those bastards nerfed the ice staff

patch notes posted:

Frost Touch and its morphs will no longer apply a half-second stun to the target.

Everything else looks pretty sweet though, magicka nightblades especially

e: on the other hand

quote:

Tri Focus (passive):
Heavy Frost attacks now grant a damage shield for 4/8% of your maximum health.
all is forgiven

vug fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 31, 2015

• Locked thread