Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I've heard a theory in this thread that they pushed the release of Kiwami arms forward a bunch of episodes because the Kachidoki suit was so heavy and cumbersome that it made fight choreography several times harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Poison Mushroom posted:

I've heard a theory in this thread that they pushed the release of Kiwami arms forward a bunch of episodes because the Kachidoki suit was so heavy and cumbersome that it made fight choreography several times harder.

That's a shame, because Kachidoki looked AMAZING.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Some Numbers posted:

That's a shame, because Kachidoki looked AMAZING.

Yeah, I really want to pick up the figuarts for it...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't buy that at all.

Not because I don't think Kachidoki wasn't cumbersome, though it looked like they made it in a pretty smart way compared to some other suits, but because Gaim was sadly a slave to the toy schedule.

We only got new Riders when their toys were coming out, and the general consensus from Double on has been that the hero gets his final form around episode 31-32.

The time we started getting new creative stuff, like new Rider suits out of nowhere, was when the toys were done.

I think that's the thing most annoys me about how much of a toy commercial Rider has become- the story gets shoved behind the toy releases.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Stallion Cabana posted:

The only other weird thing about this show is how reluctant Kouta is to actually use his upgrades; even when fighting Overlords he's like 'we should start in Triumphant instead of Zenith'. It makes the actual fights seem weird because it'll be the something like 'I'm getting kind of owned for awhile, then switch to Zenith and immediately super kick rear end.'; he does this sometimes with just normal Orange arms too, and did it constantly with the Jimber stuff. It's very weird.

AzraelNewtype posted:

Stallion Cabana posted:

So I have been marathoning Gaim for awhile, and am at the Kikaider Episode. I looked ahead and apparently Kiwami Arms debuts in like 2 more episodes? I feel weird because there hasn't been near enough Triumphant Arms for me; it's only shown up like 3 times, he's mostly just been doing Jimber stuff. It's a little weird.
If it makes you feel better, he literally cannot use that form without starting Triumphant, because that's just how the toy works. It's not going anywhere.

You can't have this one both ways. He starts with the form that allows them to actually show the transformation sequence using the toy, then the toy for the upgrade, because this is a show designed to sell toys. If a fight goes on long enough (or will be inconsequential enough,) they'll sometimes cheat, but they do this as little as possible. Filming the blind stunt actor pushing the same buttons they've done a million times is way easier than filling an extra 30s and also having to edit in a CG flash to cover the cut, after all.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

AzraelNewtype posted:

If it makes you feel better, he literally cannot use that form without starting Triumphant, because that's just how the toy works. It's not going anywhere.

You can't have this one both ways. He starts with the form that allows them to actually show the transformation sequence using the toy, then the toy for the upgrade, because this is a show designed to sell toys. If a fight goes on long enough (or will be inconsequential enough,) they'll sometimes cheat, but they do this as little as possible. Filming the blind stunt actor pushing the same buttons they've done a million times is way easier than filling an extra 30s and also having to edit in a CG flash to cover the cut, after all.

Fair enough. My comparisons was mostly like 'well I really like this suit but it's weird that it's getting obsoleted before really being shown off', followed by 'wait why is it obsoleted but still being used'.

I think the funniest part of this is whenever Baron starts a fight in Banana, then has to pause, take off his belt, put his Genesis Driver on, then transform into Lemon.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Stallion Cabana posted:

I think the funniest part of this is whenever Baron starts a fight in Banana, then has to pause, take off his belt, put his Genesis Driver on, then transform into Lemon.

Yeah, that poo poo makes absolutely no sense. Kouta at least spends most of the series terrified of his power, but that is way, way out of character for Kaito. Kaito revels in crushing his opponents, so long as it's not by cheating, and being a tech generation ahead never really seems to fit into that.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I'd just like to say that it's a loving crime that only three episodes of Juukou B-Fighter have been subbed.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So OOOs question. Did they ever explain why Hina had superhuman strength or was that just like a japanese slapstick thing that went over my head

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Rei_ posted:

So OOOs question. Did they ever explain why Hina had superhuman strength or was that just like a japanese slapstick thing that went over my head

It was just for slapstick really.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Rei_ posted:

No, it was dumb. Hina and Eiji was really bland and boring. The main characters sucked, all the secondary characters ruled

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
ToQger Returns needed way more ToQ #7 in it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I suspect Hina was going to be explained in the original plot given the first meeting with the lady who runs the restaurant (setting things up so that the door could only be opened with lots of force, saying she'd always wanted to meet a "power-type", implies that people like Hina are part of the world OOO is set in)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just

Going to leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AODXLkzWpbQ

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Burkion posted:

I'm just

Going to leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZMvpAVg8ys

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Is this a clip from the show? A preview? some weird rear end music video? What is happening?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Rei_ posted:

Kobayashi likes her perfunctory female sidekicks to have the ability to check the cocky rear end in a top hat male co-stars

see;
Reiko:Kitaoka
Hana:Momotaros
Hina:Ankh

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Twelve by Pies posted:

ToQger Returns needed way more ToQ #7 in it.

Yeah seriously, for a special named Super ToQ #7, said character could be cut and it'd be more or less the same, he has no role whatsoever in the plot. I have to wonder if he was added only to have something to promote, like, "hey kids new TQG watch this!". If so, it's kind of pointless because the special was well worth the watch on its own terms.

Not like I'm complaining, ToQ #7 was great. We need more Rangers that don't use weaponry.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is this a clip from the show? A preview? some weird rear end music video? What is happening?

Looks like a preview treaser showing off his starting powers, so we can see the suits in motion, and some generic "wave after wave of my own men"-type baddies.

I'm curious what they're doing with that female lead(?) at the end there that they wanted to keep her mostly out of frame. :iiam:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I have no goddamn idea to be honest. I just found it.

Was kind of hoping some one else knew

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I loving love this. :allears: Maybe I can use it to convince a friend who liked the suit design to get into it. This is going to be such a good series.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Burkion posted:

I have no goddamn idea to be honest. I just found it.

Was kind of hoping some one else knew

Sort of a preview apparently: https://archive.moe/m/thread/13060349/#13060787

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Huh... I'm wondering what the hell his standby noise is. I think it's "バッチリミナー" (Bachirimina) which I've seen around, but I dont know if that's someone's name, or is some kind of Japanese pun... it's hard to really to make out clearly even when you are listening for it. The "G-G-G-GHOST!" part owns tho.

Was not expecting the Eyecons to be alive... or whatever the hell they are doing. I got kind of a "Batteries not Included" kinda vibe from them?

Fourze had a video like this before his show came out, and if I remember correctly, had something to do with a magician and was the most drugged out imagery ever captured on film.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah I've heard Bacchiri Mina too, which separated is "perfect/great" and "everyone/thing" which I have no idea what to do with. Can't wait to see what they translate it as.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah I've heard Bacchiri Mina too, which separated is "perfect/great" and "everyone/thing" which I have no idea what to do with. Can't wait to see what they translate it as.

"Everything is Awesome"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

mikeycp posted:

"Everything is Awesome"

Dammit now I want a MAD video set to that song using clips of various multi Rider team up attacksl for the video component

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Anyone who watches Ultron: Ultraseven, Max, or Gaia?

It's weird but I like none of the other Ultra designs. I want to like Mebius a lot but I accidentally saw his final form and those things on his shoulder freak out my OCD. What are they even for? That's not how pauldrons work!

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I mean, Ultraseven is legit an awesome Sci-fi show in general, even for how old it is. It's stellar. If the idea of watching half-hour long old Star Trek TOS episodes with giant monster fights appeals to you, go for Ultraseven. It's old Doctor Who but less boring and you get to see 50 meter-tall neon pickle men cut in half sometimes.

My personal choice is Max, though, as Max is the best Ultra because he's honestly just trying to do his job and get as few people killed as possible in a universe that isn't quite as morally terrible as this one but that also has monsters trying to take over or destroy the world he's charged to protect every goddamn week. It's also a bit different than modern shows where every hero needs like fifty goddamn super modes and a costume that glitters in the final episode. The episodic nature of the show really serves as a primer for what crazy poo poo Ultras have to deal with on a regular basis. It's almost slice of life show, in a way, that focuses on a crazy powerful space cop who deals with space threats. Max loving rules.

I know very little about Gaia except that it's probably better than Tiga.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WickedHate posted:

Anyone who watches Ultron: Ultraseven, Max, or Gaia?

It's weird but I like none of the other Ultra designs. I want to like Mebius a lot but I accidentally saw his final form and those things on his shoulder freak out my OCD. What are they even for? That's not how pauldrons work!

When you say his final form, which one do you mean?

Mebius has...a few forms. Two of them could be considered his final. On the plus side, neither are around very long!

And yeah like was said above, it really depends what kind of show you want. Seven is a fantastic sci fi series from the era with effect that blow anything else out of the water from that same time frame, but it's not exactly Kaiju-Athon 1967. Lots of alien invaders, most of which do go giant size or have robots or stuff, but very few giant monsters proper. If you do like it though, give UltraSeven X a shot. It's very much a sequel in every sense of the word, action wise. For both good and ill.

Max has fantastic stand alone episodes, it's just a slice of life show so, I personally have issues trying to marathon it. It's great quality though and has an episode that's a sequel to an UltraSeven episode! Because UltraSeven!

Gaia would be an easy recommend to check out as one of the few truly fantastic 90s toku series out there...but it's not subtitled to my knowledge. Gaia is really good though.

EDIT: One big reason to watch Max though? He's crossing over with Ultraman X!

Burkion fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 1, 2015

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

WickedHate posted:

I loving love this. :allears: Maybe I can use it to convince a friend who liked the suit design to get into it. This is going to be such a good series.

Oh man, the whole FACE lights up. That's actually kinda neat.

I wonder what kind of sfx they're going to play around with, playing off the idea that he IS a ghost...

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Burkion posted:

Gaia would be an easy recommend to check out as one of the few truly fantastic 90s toku series out there...but it's not subtitled to my knowledge. Gaia is really good though.

Aww. Yeah, I think I'll be going with Max.

Burkion posted:

When you say his final form, which one do you mean?

Mebius has...a few forms. Two of them could be considered his final. On the plus side, neither are around very long!

Phoenix Brave.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Watching Banno die will be one of the most cathartic things I've ever seen.

He is literally the devil, just like Go has been saying.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Phoenix Brave thankfully only shows up at the very, very end of Mebius. Last episode.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Stallion Cabana posted:

Watching Banno die will be one of the most cathartic things I've ever seen.

He is literally the devil, just like Go has been saying.

I bet it'll be a hosed up way to go, too. KR has a tendency to prop up certain badguys as like strawman Turbohitlers and then have them die in like the worst possible way, like what happened to Cherries man in Gaim.

I'm guessing "somehow dissolved into the internet while he frantically begs for mercy" or "faustian flip side of immortality as his belt gets lost forever at the bottom of the ocean or some poo poo"

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

deadly_pudding posted:

I bet it'll be a hosed up way to go, too. KR has a tendency to prop up certain badguys as like strawman Turbohitlers and then have them die in like the worst possible way, like what happened to Cherries man in Gaim.

I'm guessing "somehow dissolved into the internet while he frantically begs for mercy" or "faustian flip side of immortality as his belt gets lost forever at the bottom of the ocean or some poo poo"

It's been getting more dramatic, I think, post-Decade. Weather's death set a new standard.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Weather's death was super super creepy.

Edit: vvv: Accurate!

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 1, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Some Numbers posted:

Weather was super super creepy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RIP You wonderfully creepy man.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Weather was seriously a fantastic shithead villain. He was shallow as a puddle but he pulled it off so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The unrequited love speech by Chase was a huge red flag. Hopefully, it'll be another fakeout like Tomari's death.

• Locked thread