Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

"The voices in my head say not to trust you and I tend to agree." :v:

It helps if you bear in mind the Inquisitor as a character is a. completely batty and b. an idiot.

There's a bonus objective during one Inquisitor quest on Alderaan to corrupt a bunch of historical data archives. Doing so replaces the holo-sculpture thing of a Jedi or Republic person with an Imperial dude or a Sith. Except for the last one. That one gets replaced by a pole dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Holy gently caress the HK-51 part search is horrible. How did anyone every think this was a good idea to shove into a game? And why hasn't it been made less retarded over the past few years? :ughh:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

If it's any consolation, HK's a crap, derivative companion except for one OP ability. Also, we're getting another one with the new expansion.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I spent like an hour loving around on Taris trying to find the thing, even with a guide, and I soon realized I just don't care enough about it to bother following through with this bullshit. If it actually directed you towards where it is, that'd be fine. Or if the activation time was a second or three instead of sixteen. Or if there were actual guides about the boundaries of where the search area was. Or gently caress, if I could just pay cartel coins to skip that stage and just do the actually interesting ones instead. But nope. :geno:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It was probably a ton easier at the time it came out and there were lots of people scanning the areas. I did it a little bit late and there were a few other people scanning so it wasn't too bad, maybe 20 minutes at each.

Gawrz
Aug 30, 2015
I skipped HK and just got Treek instead, For what I use him for, he does the job pretty much perfectly, also getting HK-51 seems like a whole lot of effort.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Gawrz posted:

I skipped HK and just got Treek instead, For what I use him for, he does the job pretty much perfectly, also getting HK-51 seems like a whole lot of effort.

Wisdom. Also the best thing about Treek is she literally gives zero shits about what you do to people as long as there's a good fight involved. None of that "I want to enjoy darksiding it up but now my tank/healer/whatever companions hates me".

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I mostly just wanted to have an rear end in a top hat droid to tag along with my inquisitor but I may as well just wait for the expansion there and get an actually story relevant one anyway. Although it was hilarious googling to see if there were more precise locations to check, and seeing multiple threads on the official forums of people saying it was done, and even more people replying that they'd quit if Bioware nerfed it because how dare other people not have to suffer like they did. Oh, MMO players. :allears:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Treek is a lot easier to gear and level with as well if you don't have a good source of droid parts.

I wish Treek had more dialogue outside of affection chats.

At least HK-51 has comments about some places and planets.

I like his comment on Imperial Makeb when up in the tower.

HK-51 even has a little dialogue if you take him on the FP False Emperor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M64K8LEx-RU

I remember when HK-51 first hit the test server, they said he would get gear that would level with you, but it never happened. I wonder why.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 31, 2015

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Keshik posted:

I'd say laying out basic expectations of what to expect from class stories is a good idea, to aid people in making their picks. So like:

Inquisitor LS - You are a former slave, filled with compassion for others, but also a little naive given the evils of the Sith who surround you.

I have to take issue with this - as a LS Inquisitor, you're the only Sith in the galaxy who actually paid attention to the Sith Code. Nothing in there says you have to be an angry, psychotic bastard, after all - just that passion is the path to freedom. :colbert:

Peacheshead
Oct 21, 2010

Asimo posted:

Holy gently caress the HK-51 part search is horrible. How did anyone every think this was a good idea to shove into a game? And why hasn't it been made less retarded over the past few years? :ughh:

If several people are interested we could try getting a search party together to minimize the pain. I don't have him and I wouldn't mind giving it a shot :shrug:

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Eimi posted:

Really the biggest mystery is why the Emperor picks you for his Wrath if you are LS. That's never addressed at all. :v:

Aside from the occasional Bioware(tm) Puppy-Kicking Dark Side Moments, for the Empire, light side (outside of the Sith Warrior storyline) is essentially Not-Crazy working for the best interests of the imperial war effort, and dark side is Crazy working for your own selfish/corrupt interests. That's why LS Sith Inquistors get called Darth Imperatus or whatever. (The Sith Warrior storyline is its own special snowflake there).

Basically the same on Republic-side as well, only with more short-cuts and war crimes if you go DS.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Sith Inquisitor rules and gets the best lines in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxoUghugK6s&t=0m15s

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Peter Bazooka posted:

Sith Inquisitor rules and gets the best lines in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxoUghugK6s&t=0m15s

Solid gold robes is my favorite crazy inquis line. It's just such a good delivery and the reaction is great.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Asimo posted:

Yeah I spent like an hour loving around on Taris trying to find the thing, even with a guide, and I soon realized I just don't care enough about it to bother following through with this bullshit. If it actually directed you towards where it is, that'd be fine. Or if the activation time was a second or three instead of sixteen. Or if there were actual guides about the boundaries of where the search area was. Or gently caress, if I could just pay cartel coins to skip that stage and just do the actually interesting ones instead. But nope. :geno:

Yeah, I've been playing this game for a long time now and still don't have HK...if you could just shell out CCs for him or something and skip the grind I'd probably have drunkenly done it by now but I guess they want my time more than my money :iiam:

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
If there are a bunch of people that need to get the parts then I'm up for running an evening group either later this week/next weekend to find them all. I've done it twice already oddly enough, and don't mind it to much. If we get 4+ people it should go pretty fast.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
With the parts you don't even need to be teamed, as long as one person in the instance finds it, anyone can grab it if you can get there in time.

Sometimes I'll see a nice helpful person in Chat yell out the coordinates of a part.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tuskin38 posted:

When I do my inquisitor I'm just going to play him as batshit crazy as possible

If you want crazy, make sure to go female. The delivery is much better. It goes from the male's cartoonish evil to the female coming across as a literal crazy person complete with inappropriate laughter and disconcerting facial expressions.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Zizi posted:

None of that "I want to enjoy darksiding it up but now my tank/healer/whatever companions hates me".

The best part about this is it took me forever to realise that even if you send your companion away on a crew skill mission before a cutscene they'll hate, you still get the affection hit, it just doesn't show until the mission turn-in.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Protons posted:

People in the newbie area are all rude, unhelpful poop dicks. How am I going to do this Heroic +2 quest by myself?

Welcome to our single-player MMO.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

Welcome to our single-player MMO.

I still see pubbies in gen chat asking for help with heroics all the time.

I'm just like....why

If you really want to see them, just come back and solo them when you're overleveled, don't waste your time fishing for a group. IMMMOO (in my MMO opinion)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

SpaceCadetBob posted:

If there are a bunch of people that need to get the parts then I'm up for running an evening group either later this week/next weekend to find them all. I've done it twice already oddly enough, and don't mind it to much. If we get 4+ people it should go pretty fast.

I'd be down. Don't you need a republic character for it, too?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dumb question - is there a way to go from the Fleet back to your ship? Going to the capital or a starter world and then running through the spaceport to get back to your ship seems dumb.

I just wanna quickly grab some gear for my jugg, dye it pink, then get right back to hacking dudes apart without having to wander around a spaceport six systems away from where I was. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's 4 elevators around the inner ring up to the ships.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

Dumb question - is there a way to go from the Fleet back to your ship? Going to the capital or a starter world and then running through the spaceport to get back to your ship seems dumb.

I just wanna quickly grab some gear for my jugg, dye it pink, then get right back to hacking dudes apart without having to wander around a spaceport six systems away from where I was. :(

From fleet there's doors to each class hangar on the main interior ring. There's the option of porting to your SH or the guild ship and from there, your ship. You can also buy a legacy perk to port directly to your ship from anywhere for 50k.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Alternatively port to a stronghold/guild ship and you can port to ship or right back where you were.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Alternatively port to a stronghold/guild ship and you can port to ship or right back where you were.

Ahem! :P

look up

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Ahem! :P

look up

Yeah was typing as you replied.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

From fleet there's doors to each class hangar on the main interior ring. There's the option of porting to your SH or the guild ship and from there, your ship. You can also buy a legacy perk to port directly to your ship from anywhere for 50k.

Does that legacy perk have a cooldown? I feel like I remember buying it back in the day but being disappointed that it had an absurdly long cooldown...dunno if that's changed or if I'm even remembering it right.

Also, on the fleet elevators, you don't even have to take the one that goes to your ship.

Outside each hangar, there's a priority travel terminal that you can use to teleport to your own ship (no matter which hangar you're standing in front of) in case you feel like saving yourself a few seconds.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Does that legacy perk have a cooldown?

Five minutes.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

... There are elevators in the middle of fleet that go to your ship.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Well, I feel stupid. I kept walking passed those elevators thinking 'Huh, wonder what this Sith Warrior Elevator does. Oh well!'

If I get the orange gear from the Level 7 vendor, how long will that last me? I think my Jugg is like level 19 or so and I want to hold off on making FlamingoJugg if I'm just going to promptly sell his poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doesn't it even say Hanger in the tooltip?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Cthulu Carl posted:

If I get the orange gear from the Level 7 vendor, how long will that last me? I think my Jugg is like level 19 or so and I want to hold off on making FlamingoJugg if I'm just going to promptly sell his poo poo.

Orange is moddable gear. It'll last as long as you want it to.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Fuzz posted:

I'd be down. Don't you need a republic character for it, too?

Yea, everyone that wants to do the quest would need a republic character that has gotten past Coruscant in their story (i think level 21?). If anyone running has a level cap pub character then run is completely easy since the search area is pretty small but there are a lot of mobs in the space.

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/11/swtor-patch-1-5the-hunt-for-hk-51companion-droid/ Here is the guide for the quest, everyone would need to get past the first two sections (Fatal Errors/Theoretika) before the run which can be easily solo'd with a level 60 character, and probably soloable with a level 55 though I have not personally tried it at that level. The end of Theoretika will give you the Seismic Scanner you will need to find the other parts.

I'd be happy to run this little trip either Saturday or Sunday evening starting at our normal 8pm est time. We can start with Taris and work down the list with just saving Coruscant for last. As many people that want to come can since like posted above you don't need to be grouped to get the parts. I'd like to get at least 3 other people besides myself running it so post if you can make it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

Well, I feel stupid. I kept walking passed those elevators thinking 'Huh, wonder what this Sith Warrior Elevator does. Oh well!'

Just stick it in your outfit slot, it's like 700 credits or something.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha dammit Twisted'babe, guess I should have checked the GTN for Worldbreaker Monolith decorations. I thought they were BoP, what I gave you 2 million for sells for 200k on the GTN. WHOOPS!

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

BTW, for those interested there's a few Skip Tracer packs for 3.2 mil on the GTN right now. Should sell for 5-6 in a month or so.

E:

Medullah posted:

Hahaha dammit Twisted'babe, guess I should have checked the GTN for Worldbreaker Monolith decorations. I thought they were BoP, what I gave you 2 million for sells for 200k on the GTN. WHOOPS!

Hahaha! Woops!

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
For the Taris and Hoth HK pieces I've found it best to start at the entrances to the crashed ships (Endar Spire and Ambria's Fury) and circle outwards from there. Each time I've run the quest (or seen someone else dig it up), it's never been too far from there.

Speaking of long quest chains, if anyone needs to finish the Macrobinoculars or Seeker Droid missions on their characters I'm up for doing those this weekend as well. They're puzzle-heavy solo quests up to a Heroic 4 finale. Technically the Seeker Droids are doable with just two, but Macrobinoculars requires 4 characters for some puzzle sections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Promethium posted:

For the Taris and Hoth HK pieces I've found it best to start at the entrances to the crashed ships (Endar Spire and Ambria's Fury) and circle outwards from there. Each time I've run the quest (or seen someone else dig it up), it's never been too far from there.

Speaking of long quest chains, if anyone needs to finish the Macrobinoculars or Seeker Droid missions on their characters I'm up for doing those this weekend as well. They're puzzle-heavy solo quests up to a Heroic 4 finale. Technically the Seeker Droids are doable with just two, but Macrobinoculars requires 4 characters for some puzzle sections.

Down for this, too. I need to get my BH to 60.

• Locked thread