Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

wrong thread

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao wrong thread

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Lol

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

quote:

Well it has finally come to this, for years and years I have loyally cheered as the Red Devils overcame many opponents, I steadfastly showed my support in the 2 years in when Chelsea won the title in the mid 2000s and up until today I had rode out the previous two years of abject misery.

But today is the final straw, how much heartache can we be made to endure? How much misery are we expected to swallow with a smile as our club overspend in the transfer market once again? As our club embrarrasses us in front of the world by signing and selling players late in the period in which we are authorised to do so.

The very fabric of our club is being torn limb from limb the parasites that are the money making fat cats in Wall Street. The share price runs the clubs agenda, and I for one am not prepared for a world that is uncertain and challenging. I crave only easy success, simple dealings and players like Marco Reus signing in July.

Louis Van Gaal, Edward Woodward you have made my face red and hot with shame and now I refuse to applaud when those that work for you achieve success. Not at least until you have increased the levels of success and minimised my sense of embarrassment.

I think it's great how they're putting a brave face on it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lmao

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
so much quality in one thread

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I will admit I never heard of Martial prior to this day. And some people may think it's too much to pay between 60-80 million euros for him, but I have to tell you that you're wrong.

Just type his name in youtube and watch few of his compilation videos (scoutnationHD did a good compilation video on him), and you'll know that he is worth every penny. He is very quick, good on the ball, his conversion rate seems pretty great from his videos, pretty good passing, he assists and he is only 19 years old.

I think he could become one of the 2-3 best players in the world in next 4 years and he probably will if he keeps playing like this and improving.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I will admit I never heard of Martial prior to this day. And some people may think it's too much to pay between 60-80 million euros for him, but I have to tell you that you're wrong.

Just type his name in youtube and watch few of his compilation videos (scoutnationHD did a good compilation video on him), and you'll know that he is worth every penny. He is very quick, good on the ball, his conversion rate seems pretty great from his videos, pretty good passing, he assists and he is only 19 years old.

I think he could become one of the 2-3 best players in the world in next 4 years and he probably will if he keeps playing like this and improving.

Ninpo?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Page 198 should be goldmined

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Brendan Rodgers posted:

A Ronaldo or a Martial

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

this bit is my favourite

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y2dQ91J0vo

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

@malhussaini @NickAmes82 An alternative way is to measure against the club income. Zidane €75m / 138m RM income = 54%. Martial €80m / 518m MU inc = 15%

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

@malhussaini @NickAmes82 An alternative way is to measure against the club income. Zidane €75m / 138m RM income = 54%. Martial €80m / 518m MU inc = 15%

Christ

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If you be our top scorer,
Mata can be your long lost paaaaaaal,
Doo do do do, doo do do do,
And when you score a goal, we'll scream
When you score a goal we'll scream Maaaaaaaartiiiiiiiial, Martial.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

If you be our top scorer,
Mata can be your long lost paaaaaaal,
Doo do do do, doo do do do,
And when you score a goal, we'll scream
When you score a goal we'll scream Maaaaaaaartiiiiiiiial, Martial.

lol

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

The Clit Avoider posted:

I think it's great how they're putting a brave face on it.
this is real great. its all real great

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Data source.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

why even bother with their own design, just use the skill spiderweb thing and be done with it

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Still would.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lol!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Pooshited

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

This is pretty lol

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

wrong thread

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I know he didn't play in this game but this was tailor made for a Phil Jones face

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://twitter.com/beardnificent/status/638746751030165508

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Lmao

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
beardnificent

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

So that season a few years ago when Spurs was in the CL, that was a fluke right? I remember when I started following the PL (07 or so) and the likes of Everton or Aston Villa always following 5th. Just close to breaking into the top 4. Now both are midtable at best. But Spurs.

How is Spurs viewed in Europe? Has picking up the likes of Ozil and Sanchez helped their profile or legitimate status as a big club?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Strawman posted:

So that season a few years ago when Spurs was in the CL, that was a fluke right? I remember when I started following the PL (07 or so) and the likes of Everton or Aston Villa always following 5th. Just close to breaking into the top 4. Now both are midtable at best. But Spurs.

How is Spurs viewed in Europe? Has picking up the likes of Ozil and Sanchez helped their profile or legitimate status as a big club?

lmao

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
football365 is probably the worst football site in the world but occasionally something like this happens:

Greetings F365,

An impassioned defence of my club:

- Your homepage splash on the morning of Wednesday 2 September details how United's move for Anthony Martial is "eye watering". The fee will rise to £59.7m, no less! No mention there that the £20m-plus in add-ons will be payable for feats such as the player achieving top goal scorer or best player in the world status; surely such accolades would make the additional fees worthwhile? Yes, it's a lot of money overall, but people must realise that this is the market we're now operating in. Funny how at the same time the football world is collectively creaming themselves over City paying £49m for a player with less goals than Martial last season, £55m for a Chelsea cast off and £35m for a defender who has one top class season under his belt.

- Generally, there is a trend to admonish United for their efforts and allow our rivals to escape censure. One can only imagine the reaction if United missed out on their £40m-rated centre back target and then raided Reading on Deadline Day for a 24 year old whose loan moves tally into double digits. Worse still, imagine if United hadn't signed one solitary outfield player despite having three months and £200m in the bank to play with. Yes, Wenger is getting a bit of a hammering, but the level of hysteria if it was United...

- Daniel Storey, someone I find to be a fine journalist, was completely wrong when he claimed on Twitter that Liverpool's dealings have been better than United's. Let's look at this properly: Rodgers has failed to strengthen his porous defence, his midfield becomes more and more workmanlike, while his £30m striker's only goal to date should have been chalked off. Granted, United's window hasn't been perfect, but there are signs of real solidity in defence, we have midfield options that would walk into Liverpool's side, while we've ditched the dreadful Galactico policy in favour of investing in some of Europe's finest attacking talent, a United preserve. Sure, it may take a little more time to come to fruition, but it will be infinitely more rewarding as far as this correspondent is concerned. Sure, I would've liked Pedro, but it seems unnecessarily pissy to complain about one aborted signing when you look at our transfer window body of work as a whole.

- De Gea. Greatest transfer saga of all time? Irrespective, he's now a United player until the end of the season (although I've a sneaky suspicion that he'll extend his deal) and that's a game changer that puts United firmly in the title picture. There's been a lot of nonsense about how he's likely to be devastated by the Real deal falling through. Let's be clear for a moment - there are far worse fates than playing in goal for United, earning £60k a week and enjoying the adulation of an entire fan base. De Gea, a balanced character, will realise that and get down to the business of winning his place back; he desperately needs to apply himself if he wants to play at Euro 2016, which will only benefit us.

Cheers,
Bobby.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Never knew that Ninpo's real name was Bobby

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Just goes to show how down to earth Charlton is, not using the "Sir" and writing into websites and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised he didn't throw net spend out there, would have been a nice cherry on top