Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh my god he's retweeting praise of himself

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

maniacdevnull posted:

literally the dumbest naming convention and this is at a company that used to make something called a Centro 662AV or some poo poo

powerbook owned

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol i used to manage all of the apple licensing stuff for our products and was the primary contact between us and apple, and when they launched The New iPad apple contacted me because one of our marketing managers had been sending vitriolic hate mail to various people at apple

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

it's "The new iPad", tyvm

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

poty posted:

"they only offer the best implementation of the useful thing you can do with it, they missed all the other confusing garbage that only nerds like"

idk, you can set up your nfc-enabled phone to be your subway/bus card here, it just works on the scanners directly. that's pretty useful for neurotypicals imo.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

maniacdevnull posted:

literally the dumbest naming convention and this is at a company that used to make something called a Centro 662AV or some poo poo

The Performa 6118CD is exactly the same as the Performa 6110CD, except that the 6118CD shipped with a faster 28.8k modem and a larger 500 MB hard drive.

The business version of this model is the Power Macintosh 6100/60 and the server version is the WGS 6150/60.

LC = educational
Centris = normal 68k
Performa = macs sold through resellers
Quadra = high-end 68k
Power Mac = power mac
WGS = business power mac

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 31, 2015

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's "The new iPad", tyvm

oh yeah sorry

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

iPads Nuevos

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

iPads Nuevos

its Los iPads nuevos. mg

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

fart simpson posted:

lol i used to manage all of the apple licensing stuff for our products and was the primary contact between us and apple, and when they launched The New iPad apple contacted me because one of our marketing managers had been sending vitriolic hate mail to various people at apple

lol, what was in the mails?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Stringent posted:

I don`t want The Jew CRAPPLE IBAD!!!!!!

p oop

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

who is the macalope

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Stringent posted:

i cant find the actual emails now but i remember something like:

the ipad naming (or lack of) issue is a joke. will the next ipad be "the new new ipad" and then this one will be renamed "the formerly new ipad?" maybe windows should drop the version numbers and just name every version "the new windows" or ios should be "the new ios"

etc it went on for a while

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

cremnob posted:

who is the macalope

it's me

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

fart simpson posted:

i cant find the actual emails now but i remember something like:

the ipad naming (or lack of) issue is a joke. will the next ipad be "the new new ipad" and then this one will be renamed "the formerly new ipad?" maybe windows should drop the version numbers and just name every version "the new windows" or ios should be "the new ios"

etc it went on for a while

sorry u worked with stymie

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

cremnob posted:

who is the macalope

lol

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
still better than pc naming.

"yes i'd like to buy the new hp pavillion dv-6"
"which one?"
"the 2447-6-GVA"

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Wild EEPROM posted:

still better than pc naming.

"yes i'd like to buy the new hp pavillion dv-6"
"which one?"
"the 2447-6-GVA"

or how pc parts sites have the name as "ACER 24" 1080p VC211H-X 2 X HDMI 2ms 50000:1 wide viewing angle VESA"

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
*glances at wrist to check my T-Cell count*

Oh poo poo. My watch gave me AIDS.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

or how pc parts sites have the name as "ACER 24" 1080p VC211H-X 2 X HDMI 2ms 50000:1 wide viewing angle VESA"

when youre looking down a list of crap its good to have meaningful poo poo in the title so you dont have to click "acer vc211h-x" to find out it's 24”, 1080p, 2ms grey-to-grey (why so fast? cause GaMeRs want fast lovely panels), then click the next one, the next one, the next one

filtering would be better but thats not how people use sites. they just cram more specificity into the search box

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Real tech product names, personally curated by Wild EEProm.

Guess the product:

E2260SWDN
DKSH1408SD
CMY16GX3M2A2133C11R
XL2420Z
SL-M4072FD
DHP-701AV
T100 Z3775
MB2020
S29E790C

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
new mac air, mac pro retina 15", itouch, iphone 7 and iwatch

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i was gonna get an a1419 emc 2806 mf886ll/a but decided to wait til skylake

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cremnob posted:

who is the macalope

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/31/opinion/let-consumers-use-better-cheaper-cable-boxes.html

hmmmmmmm seems like someone wrote to the ed board about it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cable cards are easy to use and any 3rd party cable box that didn't use cable card would have effectively the same thing built in. the problem is most people don't actually care about cable boxes and the few that do already have them via cable card

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
altho cable card was pre-switched digital so you have to get a tuning adapter which does suck but they give them to you w/ the card.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
directv boxes are decent (for a stb) and pretty easy to use

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
lol that cable cards are still necessary in tyool 2015

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

gargle chome posted:

lol that cable cards are still necessary in tyool 2015

yeah its horseshit

but it beats using verizons lovely poo poo show of an stb

my nearly 10 year old tivo hd has a more responsive ui than the vz box and thats loving shameful, and it actually connects to more internet video services despite its age (literally only netflix vs nothing at all)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i read the nyt article and my favorite thing was clicking on the fcc link about their commission about new technoplogy or whatever https://www.fcc.gov/document/appointment-members-downloadable-security-advisory-committee and theres a guy from haupaugge on there!! my first tuner card that went into my cmputer when i was a wee lad. my ol dad gave her to me. it also came with i think a pinnacle NLE whcih i used a lot.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

maniacdevnull posted:

yeah its horseshit

but it beats using verizons lovely poo poo show of an stb

my nearly 10 year old tivo hd has a more responsive ui than the vz box and thats loving shameful, and it actually connects to more internet video services despite its age (literally only netflix vs nothing at all)

and vz's lovely boxes are still 100 times more responsive than comcast's

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
my verizon fiosbox gives me ads when i try to change the channel sometimes but they take forever to load and sometimes crash so you hit guide button and then it says 'loading reccomendations for you' and then becomes unresponsive for like 2 minutes until it times out and says 'sorry we couldnt load this ad right now' and goes to some settings panel instead of letting me just change the loving channel. but it preserves all the button clicks you make while waiting for the ad to load so after it crashes, the guide loads, exits, loads, exits 50 times in a row

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Living in an area with local tv ota plus netflix supremacy.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ZShakespeare posted:

Living in an area with local tv ota plus netflix supremacy.

agreed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
me and my downstairs neighbor share 1 antenna an hd homerun. also we share dinners, bbqs, drinks, art, and parties.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Smythe posted:

me and my downstairs neighbor share 1 antenna an hd homerun. also we share dinners, bbqs, drinks, art, and parties.

and women/men

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Smythe posted:

that's cool that you've got a good relationship with your parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

that's cool that you've got a good relationship with your parents

• Locked thread