Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Wish some true gamers took videos of the PAX demo because I'm starving for Content here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

SirPenguin posted:

Wish some true doom murder heads took videos of the PAX demo because I'm starving for Content here

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

FAT BATMAN posted:

And just, the amount of things you can do. My god.

I hope there's a completion log for sidequests, map discovery, NPCs met etc. and it stops at 99.8%

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I've never been to PAX but I imagine walking past the indie booths is a lot like flipping through a sears catalog.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

aparmenideanmonad posted:

:eyepop: Look at this corporate shill right here. :eyepop:

That's actually my second account. I created it years prior just to screw with people about B2...

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Gimme the game, developer men

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I'm still very excited about this video game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

HenryEx posted:

I hope there's a completion log for sidequests, map discovery, NPCs met etc. and it stops at 99.8%

I know this is a joke's, but if you'll recall from the kickstarter pitch, it will be literally impossible to do everything on a single playthrough, because some quests are time-sensitive.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
time management in games actually own and everyone who doesn't like dead rising is a big loving baby

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
how good of a healing item is Coffee Creamer in Barkley 2?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Better than skim milk not as good as coconut milk.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Under the vegetable posted:

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Under the vegetable posted:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Pomp posted:

time management in games actually own and everyone who doesn't like dead rising is a big loving baby

Thank you.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
i'm still very excited about this vidcon

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I got a hold of a Monday pax ticket from a friend. Is the wizard present today?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Mr. Lobe posted:

I got a hold of a Monday pax ticket from a friend. Is the wizard present today?

Should be there for ToG's entire stay.

EDIT: If they give you any trouble, just tell 'em that "I'm good friends with BigBangGamer"

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 31, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gortarius posted:

Should be there for ToG's entire stay.

EDIT: If they give you any trouble, just tell 'em that "I'm good friends with BigBangGamer"

This is going to end with someone getting arrested for illicitly propositioning some poor unaware developer for sex.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

ImpAtom posted:

This is going to end with someone getting arrested for illicitly propositioning some poor unaware developer for sex.

You know what they say...

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

So like when the game ships am I going to have to schedule time with the wizard to make my character? Is he going to come to my house or will I have to meet him at a Starbucks or what?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Gortarius posted:

You know what they say...

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

What about that time when someone said Barkley 2 was a bad game and got erased from history?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Have any sites done a write-up on the PAX demo?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

For reference the cyberdwarf participated in the pax wrestling thing on sunday and was one of the only decent parts of it

good job cyberdwarf and tog, you very nearly saved single-handedly what was overall an incredibly bad event

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Cicero posted:

Have any sites done a write-up on the PAX demo?

Not that I know of, but yesterday our producer who is on the scene of the crime said he showed the game to the "press", whatever that means. So I guess there'll be something after this poo poo is over.

Toxxupation posted:

For reference the cyberdwarf participated in the pax wrestling thing on sunday and was one of the only decent parts of it

good job cyberdwarf and tog, you very nearly saved single-handedly what was overall an incredibly bad event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS8v0qOdGxk

Is this it? It's an hour long... and terrible.

gently caress...

Guess I'll skim through it to see if Cdwarf or Wizard is in there.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Gortarius posted:

Is this it? It's an hour long... and terrible.

gently caress...

Guess I'll skim through it to see if Cdwarf or Wizard is in there.

yes, it is, and yes, they are

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Toxxupation posted:

yes, it is, and yes, they are

My loving god, this is horrible. I don't even understand what is going on. It's like some sorta fever dream, except that it's just poo poo.

I kinda wanna put this into barkley2 now.

I'll save everyone who wants to see them the agony and report that they are in at about 20:00.

EDIT: Also at 1:01:10

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 31, 2015

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

GNU Order posted:

So like when the game ships am I going to have to schedule time with the wizard to make my character? Is he going to come to my house or will I have to meet him at a Starbucks or what?

Just give it a go. If the Wizard asks you for a picture of yourself and a short bio, prepare the necessary information and then just wait for the devs to patch in custom Wizard insight. Response time may depend on the amount of tits and/or rear end shown. Devs reserve the right to not customize the Wizard experience.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Did the cyberdwarf defeat Dan Ryckert?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Blattdorf posted:

Just give it a go. If the Wizard asks you for a picture of yourself and a short bio, prepare the necessary information and then just wait for the devs to patch in custom Wizard insight. Response time may depend on the amount of tits and/or rear end shown. Devs reserve the right to not customize the Wizard experience.

We are only interested in corncob genitals.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Blackheart posted:

Did the cyberdwarf defeat Dan Ryckert?

no

dan got eliminated immediately via a distraction by xavier woods

cyberdwarf did incredibly well though and lasted for a really long time

which is more impressive when you realize the guy could barely see what game he was playing

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Stopped by PAX this morning, probably going to stop by again this afternoon when the Wiz is in. I can say, at the very least, that a demo build of Barkley 2 is Real, and is Strong, and is my friend. Pity I had to abandon it about 40 minutes in or so due to a memory leak. Still a lot of fun, tho.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
You get some pictures of that fukkin cyberdwarf.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Mr. Lobe posted:

...a memory leak. ...

Typical shoddy western vidcon craftsmanship

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Mr. Lobe posted:

Stopped by PAX this morning, probably going to stop by again this afternoon when the Wiz is in. I can say, at the very least, that a demo build of Barkley 2 is Real, and is Strong, and is my friend. Pity I had to abandon it about 40 minutes in or so due to a memory leak. Still a lot of fun, tho.

Protip's:

Do Erics Pet quest, he is near the blacksmith at Tir na Nog. It's pretty good, I think.

Find the Clown in TNN and the old man at the Industrial Zone, they are pretty funny, I think.

If you go to the Swamps, breed some really good gun's. It's really overpopulated because we didn't have the time to readjust the maps to be more balanced.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
do the choices i made in my barkley 1 save import into barkley 2

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

ALFbrot posted:

do the choices i made in my barkley 1 save import into barkley 2

This is a feature that we wanna have, yes.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Gortarius posted:

This is a feature that we wanna have, yes.

I chose not to execute the chaos dunk and i just quit the game, will this import

edit: also thank you

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/michael-jordan-uniform-from-space-jam.-1715-c-ac445d5ae1

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gortarius posted:

Protip's:

Do Erics Pet quest, he is near the blacksmith at Tir na Nog. It's pretty good, I think.

Find the Clown in TNN and the old man at the Industrial Zone, they are pretty funny, I think.

If you go to the Swamps, breed some really good gun's. It's really overpopulated because we didn't have the time to readjust the maps to be more balanced.

I did Eric's quest, and I got him the job! Even though I fessed up to the shopkeep after turning in that resume. Oh well, didn't seem like a top-rent shop anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Mr. Lobe posted:

I did Eric's quest, and I got him the job! Even though I fessed up to the shopkeep after turning in that resume. Oh well, didn't seem like a top-rent shop anyways.

Another pretty good one is the one involving the dwarf in the alley and Lugner. Tough moral choices.