Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kaizoku posted:

I'll still take them over the people who define themselves around the fact that they deeply deeply love children.

I kid, they're both terrible.

pedophiles are bad, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Kaizoku posted:

I'll still take them over the people who define themselves around the fact that they deeply deeply love children.

I kid, they're both terrible.

I love children.

But I can never eat a whole one.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Thank you both for not mocking my juvenile pun.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Remain neutral towards children in all things

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Zelder posted:

Remain neutral towards children in all things

"I just tolerate you so much, honey!"

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

"I just tolerate you so much, honey!"

"I am so ambivalent of you, sweetheart."

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

More poo poo Made Up by Jezebel's Readers: Customer Service Revenge Fantasy Edition

These are all so hilariously bad and many are outright crimes (or at least would subject one to civil liability).

VVVV I'm assuming you mean both as a customer and an employee, correct?

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 21:41 on Aug 31, 2015

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

1redflag posted:

More poo poo Made Up by Jezebel's Readers: Customer Service Revenge Fantasy Edition

These are all so hilariously bad and many are outright crimes (or at least would subject one to civil liability).

Women are pretty much the worst people to deal with in the customer service industry, hth

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

1redflag posted:

The first goddamn sentence is someone claiming to have 3 years experience as a server at age 15.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dienes posted:

The first goddamn sentence is someone claiming to have 3 years experience as a server at age 15.

Okay, this is actually somewhat believable if you've ever been to a REALLY small town with a local family-owned restaurant. I was in bum-gently caress Oregon (I think the town was called "White City") this summer and our server (who was being "trained" by the two grandma's who ran the restaurant) was literally 10 years old. But yea, it only goes downhill from there.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

Samizdata posted:

I love children.

But I can never eat a whole one.

BOOOOOOOOOO

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
give that child a 1 way ticket to a space station

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

the above posted:

To this day, I consider it a miracle that this vile woman was the only customer we had during this whole ordeal, because what happened next was not one of my finest moments; I went from zero to Xenomorph in two seconds flat. After one last attempt to apologize and offer her anything but a taco, poo poo got real. “SHUT THE loving WINDOW, YOU loving oval office,” she screamed at me while taking off her seat-belt. “SHUT THE loving WINDOW SO I CAN BREAK IT, PULL YOUR loving HEAD THROUGH AND DECAPITATE YOU! I WANT MY drat TACOS!” I took that as a threat, and my head went through the window, sure, but so did nearly my entire body. I just remember lunging and grabbing a hold of the outside wall. I know I was yelling terrible things at her, and she was yelling back. That drunk bitch threatened to take my life over tacos, and I was mad as all hell. I’m pretty sure I broke the headset. I don’t know for how long I was attempting to claw my way out of the drive-thru window; I’m sure it seemed a lot longer than it really was. All I remember apart from the yelling was my Shift Leader grabbing my ankles and my former BFF grabbing my hips. They pulled me back through the window, and I was ushered to the back-room break area by the drive-thru girl, sat down on one of the crappy old chairs, and told to take a breather. I could still hear the drunken taco lady screaming.

I can't parse this. The outside wall? My hips and ankles?? How far out the window did this guy go?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Woah now there is no way her daughter could ever be smarter than her. She is so smart!! She even liked I loving love science on Facebook.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

eating only apples posted:

I can't parse this. The outside wall? My hips and ankles?? How far out the window did this guy go?

Probably the entirety of their upper body, the two were able to grab the ankles since they were above the ground and hips because they were still in the window. They're pulling themselves out with the wall, not trying to get back in with it.

Or, real answer: No part of them left the building because no part of them was ever working inside of it.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

ElGroucho posted:

Women are pretty much the worst people to deal with in the customer service industry, hth

Look at this fool who's never had to deal with a middle aged white dude rocking the polo shirt/visor/bluetooth combo

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Look at this fool who's never had to deal with a middle aged white dude rocking the polo shirt/visor/bluetooth combo

gently caress that guy forever.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

PUGGERNAUT posted:

It's especially good if he has his son with him. Learning the ropes, you see.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

I made this same joke at work the other day, except it took maybe two short sentences. My manager laughed, told the other manager the joke, then we all forgot about it because we are functional normal people.

I didn't even bother to call my sister.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Flighty.

quote:

A Runway Runaway
AIRPORT | LOUISBURG, NC, USA | BAD BEHAVIOR, CRAZY REQUESTS, TOURISTS/TRAVEL
(I work at a small airport in Louisburg. We don’t have many commercial planes fly in but when we do they are normal small bush planes with only a few people on board. We have had a runway problem and can’t take any planes off today; the runway is having work done.)

Pilot: “Excuse me, but why has my flight been canceled?”

Me: “We are having a problem with our runway and can’t take any flights today.”

Pilot: “Well, that’s bull-s***. I was just out there and it was fine.”

Me: “I’m sorry but as you can see…” *points out to runway with workers* “There are people working on it today.”

Pilot: “NO! I SEE NOTHING. NOW LET ME THROUGH TO GET TO MY PLANE!”

Me: “Sir, I’m very sorry but I cannot let you through. Can you please calm down; I will be able to get you in the air first thing tomorrow.”

Pilot: “No, I’ve had enough of you. Out of my WAY!”

(He then pushed me out of the way and onto the floor and started to walk over to the hanger. I scrambled to my feet and called the workers and my supervisor to tell them what was coming, and called the police. The other worker and I sprinted over to the hanger and managed to get the hanger door closed before he could start the plane. After a while the police came and took him away, as he was going to try and take his plane off with people working on the runway!)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I've read all pilot's lines in a soothing pilot voice. Even then it wasn't particularly funny or interesting.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Supposedly working on an airport and can't even spell "hangar".

smh.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

Pilot: “NO! I SEE NOTHING.

The pilot is Schultz from Hogan's Heroes

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Why do STDH stories always leave out proper nouns? "A small airport in Louisburg" - good thing he didn't say which small airport in Louisburg.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

York_M_Chan posted:

Why do STDH stories always leave out proper nouns? "A small airport in Louisburg" - good thing he didn't say which small airport in Louisburg.

Or where Louisburg even is.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

York_M_Chan posted:

I was legit surprised they didn't say "a [small airport] in [small town]."

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

York_M_Chan posted:

Well they don't want to be doxxed, otherwise people will be able to figure out that it didn't happen they'll be overwhelmed by all the hate mail and/or oral sex for totally doing what they did,

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

York_M_Chan posted:

They think it lends them credence. It makes it seem like they're blanking the name out to protect their/the protagonist's identity, lest the story's villain come across the story. Kind of like when people complain about their workplace but avoid coming out and saying where they work for fear of litigation issues, except it's dumber and also stupid.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Is there ever an NAR/Jezebel story where the narrator implies, without irony, that they're the dipshit causing trouble?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Noyemi K posted:

Is there ever an NAR/Jezebel story where the narrator implies, without irony, that they're the dipshit causing trouble?

Depends, would it still count if they try to paint themselves in the most sympathetic light possible?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

MizPiz posted:

Depends, would it still count if they try to paint themselves in the most sympathetic light possible?

No, it does not count unless they recognize fully, without sugarcoating, that they are the idiot causing the problem in the story.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

1redflag posted:

With the first story, the detail that bothers me the most is the girl doesn't know what a butcher knife is and says that her mom stabs it into her chopping block.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

That's a good way to ruin a chopping block, cutting board, butcher knife (or a chef knife), but more importantly, why would she need butchery tools at a lunch restaurant?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Noyemi K posted:

That's a good way to ruin a chopping block, cutting board, butcher knife (or a chef knife), but more importantly, why would she need butchery tools at a lunch restaurant?
Do you really think a butcher knife in a restaurant kitchen is odd?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

Do you really think a butcher knife in a restaurant kitchen is odd?
Any knife in the kitchen of a non-existent restaurant, yes.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I think she means one of those Chinese style meat cleavers, and instead of stab, means her mom slammed it down so it lodged in the cutting board? Still stupid though.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

hallo spacedog posted:

I think she means one of those Chinese style meat cleavers, and instead of stab, means her mom slammed it down so it lodged in the cutting board? Still stupid though.

Oh, you mean like an angry chef from a movie! Of course, everyone does that.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Noyemi K posted:

"Excuse me, madam, but would you awfully mind fetching me the cereal brand I desire from the back room?" I asked.
"BLARGH!" replied the human porkchop. "NO CAN'T!! GOTTA SEND IT BACK CAUSE METAL IN BOXES!! FLIERP!!" they shot back, fatly.
"Now, now." I chuckled reasonably. "If you don't want to retrieve it for me, I'd be happy to go collect it myself." And I started for the employee area, smiling kindly and applying a modicum of pressure to her shoulder, sending her careening violently into a pyramid of soup cans. "Oops." I tittered.

• Locked thread