Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Desk Lamp posted:

What things had you not seen before? What kind of issues could you not resolve because they were different to stock? This kind of thing could be a very valid point if you could bring up something more specific and less vague. I'm trying to figure out just what you can do so simply on Moto's UI that you can't do on TW.

Most of them centered around behavior of default message apps (from text messages to email client) as well as contact sync and behavior. Those are all default Samsung apps with options in different places that I have not seen before. I can't remember any specifics because it's been over a year since we had the conversations.

quote:

That's precisely how it works in TW as well, you just turn the setting on and forget about it, I don't see the point in toggling SmartStay on and off either. However IF you want to have the toggle on your notification bar for whatever reason, then you can put it there like Klowns does, we don't get to decide that that is using the phone wrong if that is what they enjoy. How does that degrade the user experience in any way?

Option paralysis and feature fatigue are real things and it objectively leads to lower user satisfaction. Real user acceptance studies have proven this. That's also one of the reasons why Samsung has dropped and consolidated a lot of features in later versions of Touchwiz. By including the option to have the toggle for SmartStay, that alone gives the user a subtle poke that SmartStay may not be something they want enabled all the time when in reality it's a simple binary decision of whether or not to use it. It's not a setting that requires changing often so there's not much point in having the toggle. It's a minor thing, but a ton of minor things pile up to a underlying friction with the UX.

Regardless of the debate on whether or not the user can put that setting in there, every screenshot suggest that the Smart Stay toggle is a DEFAULT setting in the quick settings. Having smart defaults out of the box is also a very important UX consideration and including something like SmartStay by default is a poor design choice since it's very much a setting that falls into "you shouldn't need to toggle, but if you MUST here it is" category.

Not that stock comes away smelling like roses either, there is fault there to the other extreme. Not having a DnD toggle in the quick settings was one of them (fortunately remedied in Marshmallow.)

As an ultimate example of how they took a "kitchen sink" approach to this stuff, you can put a "Quick Connect" and "S Finder" button on the shade when the shade already has "Quick Connect" and "S Finder" buttons built into it that you can't remove. It's just silly stuff like that. It gives users pause, making them wonder "are there any functional difference between these two options?" Nothing makes the phone unusable or even painful to use, but they are faults. They may not be faults everyone cares about, but they are objectively poor design choices that would be flushed out with proper acceptance testing. However, timelines and margins really don't allow for that sort of thing.

quote:

I can see what you're saying with this, and Motorola is definitely introducing a new paradigm with the new G. But to say that the age of premium smartphones is already over is a little premature given the fact that the Galaxy flagships remain the only successful line of Android smartphones. Motorola, despite their awesome phones, have yet to turn a profit and it's almost safe to assume the Galaxy S6 will outsell the Moto G by a considerable margin.

Of course it will outsell, but growth is slowing and people are seeking out cheaper alternatives. The trend is already there and it's going to increase as people start coming off their two year contracts and explore alternatives.

quote:

Isn't that a little crazy though? "The average consumer isn't complaining because they don't know what it is they should be complaining about (that is if there's anything to complain about because there's no way to measure if there is or isn't) So Samsung would do better to focus on additions that bring a better user experience (thus fixing these issues we have no way of measuring if they exist or not)" What are these objective drawbacks to the user experience that make TW so mediocre? It seems the users aren't the only ones having trouble finding the language and context to express them.

There are ways of measuring, Samsung just isn't doing them. Or, rather, don't seem to be doing them. That's not really a specific knock on Samsung as proper user acceptance testing is rarely done now, but it would allow them to really refine their experience if they were to do so.

Barring that, the best they can do is just not take shortcuts to build their customization and make them work within stock APIs whenever possible. Treat AOSP as a base layer and make as few low level changes as possible and layer the software stack on top of that. Where you do need functionality not afforded to you via stock, do that with a consistent set of APIs that are decoupled from the interactive portions of the software rather than wiring the software directly into the OS. The upshot of that is you could then selectively disable functionality you didn't want to use or bother with and not break the rest of the OS.

Doing an approach like that would make a lot of people view Samsung in a more favorable light and it would help them moving forward by making it easier to manage updates and giving a more lightweight experience.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

I lurk a whole lot in this thread, don't contribute too much, but this image sure does sum up this thread. Well done.

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.

Best post I've read today

E: It's Tuesday somewhere

V

comper fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 31, 2015

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Today is Monday.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

Today is Monday.

I'll kick things off here. You know that Note 5 I posted a pic of? Well, I returned it. Why?

Because I prefer a removable battery, that's why. And it just wasn't worth a thousand dollars. Back to a $300 Note 4.

Discuss.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

LOL "iPhone jealousy".

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Rastor posted:

LOL "iPhone jealousy".

Everybody hurts

sometimes

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
Can there be a day for blackberry chat, because this thing is real: http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/08/29/blackberry-venice-slider-canada/

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

CLAM DOWN posted:

Can there be a day for blackberry chat, because this thing is real: http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/08/29/blackberry-venice-slider-canada/

I think that's Sunday hardware keyboard talk.

Interesting how neck-and-neck Droid Life's interest poll is so far:
http://www.droid-life.com/2015/08/31/monday-poll-blackberry-venice-are-you-actually-interested/

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Battery utterly ate poo poo today. 2:30 and 23% remaining.
Look at battery stats. Trusted face: 73% used.

Welp guess what I just turned off after turning it on a week ago.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
I have an actual Touchwiz questions. I got an S6 Edge to play around with at work and I want to get rid of these "S Finder" and "Quick Connect" buttons from the notification tray. Is that possible? My guess is not.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Not without root, no. I actually mentioned that earlier (one of the reasons why it's silly that you can add a S Finder and Quick Connect button into the notification shade as well.)

Edit: Apparently they added in the option for 5.1.1. Good to know.

I also noticed that things look a TON better when you are using an AOSP theme on the device.

http://gs6.wonderhowto.com/how-to/update-makes-easy-remove-s-finder-quick-connect-from-your-galaxy-s6s-notification-tray-0162790/

It's amazing how getting rid of the blue and the circles makes things a ton less objectionable.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 31, 2015

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I have an actual Touchwiz questions. I got an S6 Edge to play around with at work and I want to get rid of these "S Finder" and "Quick Connect" buttons from the notification tray. Is that possible? My guess is not.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#es_th=1&q=remove%20sfinder%20button

KoB
May 1, 2009

Segmentation Fault posted:

You can't really predict much from just one number. The only real important metrics are real-world testing.

Youre right, but bigger numbers give more wiggle room.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

bull3964 posted:

Most of them centered around behavior of default message apps (from text messages to email client) as well as contact sync and behavior. Those are all default Samsung apps with options in different places that I have not seen before. I can't remember any specifics because it's been over a year since we had the conversations.

Option paralysis and feature fatigue are real things and it objectively leads to lower user satisfaction. Real user acceptance studies have proven this. That's also one of the reasons why Samsung has dropped and consolidated a lot of features in later versions of Touchwiz. By including the option to have the toggle for SmartStay, that alone gives the user a subtle poke that SmartStay may not be something they want enabled all the time when in reality it's a simple binary decision of whether or not to use it. It's not a setting that requires changing often so there's not much point in having the toggle. It's a minor thing, but a ton of minor things pile up to a underlying friction with the UX.

Regardless of the debate on whether or not the user can put that setting in there, every screenshot suggest that the Smart Stay toggle is a DEFAULT setting in the quick settings. Having smart defaults out of the box is also a very important UX consideration and including something like SmartStay by default is a poor design choice since it's very much a setting that falls into "you shouldn't need to toggle, but if you MUST here it is" category.

Not that stock comes away smelling like roses either, there is fault there to the other extreme. Not having a DnD toggle in the quick settings was one of them (fortunately remedied in Marshmallow.)

As an ultimate example of how they took a "kitchen sink" approach to this stuff, you can put a "Quick Connect" and "S Finder" button on the shade when the shade already has "Quick Connect" and "S Finder" buttons built into it that you can't remove. It's just silly stuff like that. It gives users pause, making them wonder "are there any functional difference between these two options?" Nothing makes the phone unusable or even painful to use, but they are faults. They may not be faults everyone cares about, but they are objectively poor design choices that would be flushed out with proper acceptance testing. However, timelines and margins really don't allow for that sort of thing.

I can concede that point, no UI is perfect, and TW and Android in general have plenty of room for improvement. As you pointed out, both TouchWiz and stock have their faults, and they are both steadily improving with each iteration. I'm not saying TW is the best, or even objectively better than stock, I am saying it is just as good, but different. I am arguing against the people in the thread that insist it is worthless garbage when there are no facts to support it.

quote:

Of course it will outsell, but growth is slowing and people are seeking out cheaper alternatives. The trend is already there and it's going to increase as people start coming off their two year contracts and explore alternatives.
Definitely, the market has matured and Samsung can no longer count on it's previous gen flagships to gobble up the lower end market when low end alternatives have become a better value proposition. However for Samsung to abandon it's most successful market to solely compete in the midrange is not the solution either. The high end remains exclusively the playground of iPhones and Galaxies, despite the slowing growth. What Samsung needs to do is put the same effort into developing effective midrange competitors. Given the sheer scale of Samsung's operation there is no reason they couldn't offer a better phone than the Moto G for the same price. As it is, their current midrange selection would be decent if it were priced more realistically.

quote:

There are ways of measuring, Samsung just isn't doing them. Or, rather, don't seem to be doing them. That's not really a specific knock on Samsung as proper user acceptance testing is rarely done now, but it would allow them to really refine their experience if they were to do so.
I don't disagree, I was paraphrasing LastInLine's statement to highlight why I found it so confusing.

quote:

Barring that, the best they can do is just not take shortcuts to build their customization and make them work within stock APIs whenever possible. Treat AOSP as a base layer and make as few low level changes as possible and layer the software stack on top of that. Where you do need functionality not afforded to you via stock, do that with a consistent set of APIs that are decoupled from the interactive portions of the software rather than wiring the software directly into the OS. The upshot of that is you could then selectively disable functionality you didn't want to use or bother with and not break the rest of the OS.

Doing an approach like that would make a lot of people view Samsung in a more favorable light and it would help them moving forward by making it easier to manage updates and giving a more lightweight experience.
I'm certainly no developer, but that seems to be the direction they are moving in? I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in with all the reasons it's broken or whatever, but so far it has not affected the end user's experience, even if the same can't be said for the developer's.

Thermopyle posted:

Your opinion seems to be that TW sells phones. Does it? No one here knows, but sales numbers do not mean that TW sells phones.

There's a huge variety of dimensions that people judge their potential phone purchase on. TW just has to be not bad enough to outweigh all the other factors. People might be buying Samsung phones specifically because they have TW. Or people could just tolerate TW because they don't know what else is possible.

I think it's safe to say TW does not sell phones, when it comes to weighing software options I'm willing to bet it comes down to iOS vs "Android" for the vast majority of consumers. The amount of sales driven by TW features is about as significant as the amount of Nexus sales driven by "stock Android" i.e. not very. When it comes to the Note line though, the argument could be made that the software does have some influence. On the other hand, if you consider TW to be an integral part of Samsung's branding the case could be made that it sells phones I suppose, but I wouldn't make it.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Desk Lamp posted:

I think it's safe to say TW does not sell phones, when it comes to weighing software options I'm willing to bet it comes down to iOS vs "Android" for the vast majority of consumers. The amount of sales driven by TW features is about as significant as the amount of Nexus sales driven by "stock Android" i.e. not very. When it comes to the Note line though, the argument could be made that the software does have some influence. On the other hand, if you consider TW to be an integral part of Samsung's branding the case could be made that it sells phones I suppose, but I wouldn't make it.

I'd argue that vast majority of people that buy a Nexus do so because it has stock Android, though? That is like the one thing going for each Nexus device. I think you're right that no one buys a Samsung because of Touchwiz, but instead because they wanted a "Galaxy", or it had a removable battery and SD card slot, or because the camera is good. Do you think anyone, including internet phone nerds, would have bought a Nexus 5 if it ran Samsung software?

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

RVProfootballer posted:

I'd argue that vast majority of people that buy a Nexus do so because it has stock Android, though? That is like the one thing going for each Nexus device. I think you're right that no one buys a Samsung because of Touchwiz, but instead because they wanted a "Galaxy", or it had a removable battery and SD card slot, or because the camera is good. Do you think anyone, including internet phone nerds, would have bought a Nexus 5 if it ran Samsung software?

I meant in overall numbers, not proportionally. Sure the vast majority of Nexus sales are driven by stock Android, but overall Nexus sales are a small drop in the bucket of overall Android sales, just like any Galaxy sales driven purely by Touchwiz features.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

My personal experiences with people with Samsung phones is that it was not only their first smartphone, but it was also the first phone that the (Verizon) salesperson grabbed and said "Hey we can get you this for $50 (or whatever) with a two-year agreement".

I'm sure a number of people are driven to Samsung because of the specs of their flagship phones, too. I would join in the opinion that TW wasn't a draw at all.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

It's amazing how getting rid of the blue and the circles makes things a ton less objectionable.

I totally agree. It's still janky as hell but the gaudy, Gingerbread-ish colors are what really trigger it for me.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

kitten smoothie posted:

I don't care so much about Touchwiz, just the bad software engineering from Samsung's OEM Android builds. The hacks they do for their own convenience that cause memory leaks, for example. Or (incorrectly) embedding Android support library code into the image, so that it breaks any application code that bundles it because the classloader finds the built-in one first. Or the litany of other Samsung-only bugs and issues you run into if you work on an Android app with any sufficient reach.

If you want to see what kind of horror Samsung is, consider that the UI toolkit for Tizen, the OS they'd build from scratch themselves, is based upon Enlightenment. Remember Enlightenment, that perpetually-unfinished X11 window manager that got semi popular in the late 90s/early 00s because you could skin the everliving crap out of it? Yeah, that same one.

To be honest, it seems like not even Google itself can be trusted with this poo poo. How long did people complain about the memory leaks in 5.0 when it first came out on Nexus phones? Remember when Google hosed up video playback on some of the Nexus tablets? Remember when the Verizon Galaxy Nexus would just lose all it's cell radios until you either restarted the phone or toggled airplane mode on/off?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

ilkhan posted:

Grr.
Latest supposed specs on the 2015 N5 say 2700mah battery. Was hoping for a bigger number. :/
Won't stop me from buying one based on just that spec, though. Still 10% bigger than the original.

It should have a dramatically more efficient chipset, though, and screen tech is better as well (at least in terms of power draw, the Nexus 5's screen is still one of the best I've used).

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm still pretty pumped about this thing, it looks pretty sexy. Now however, my concern is lack of a fingerprint sensor considering that is going to be such a large focus of Marshmallow.

I saw old renders that had something that looked like it might be a sensor on the side but I don't see anything now.

I can live without one, I've been doing so for awhile now, but if it's going to be such a big integration with the OS it's going to date this handset very quickly ( even more quickly than the fact it's a slider with a physical keyboard ).

I can't find poo poo about other specs either, I want to hear something legitimate already. I'm not sure if Blackberry are just being coy and teasing through all of these "leaks" or if they are waiting on something before releasing an official statement.

Either way it's frustrating as gently caress because right now my choices are boiled down to a Nexus 6 2015 ( or whatever ) or this Blackberry Venice and they probably couldn't be more different.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

I forgot to include in my post "without rooting" as this is a Knox device, I supposed you may have replied less sarcastically if I hadn't forgotten! Thanks anyways, too bad, the buttons are really annoying.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Looks like The Verge has their review of the Moto X Play up. For a phone that is supposedly unburdened by bloatware, their talk about stuttering and lag is a little concerning.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
Speaking of Samsung mid range phones are the Galaxy A and J series available in US?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Hughmoris posted:

Looks like The Verge has their review of the Moto X Play up. For a phone that is supposedly unburdened by bloatware, their talk about stuttering and lag is a little concerning.

I believe this was expected in Android tech circles, since the 615 is an extremely inefficient, aging SoC with a horrible GPU. Either Android Central or Police nailed it as soon as it was announced - saying that the Play had a massive battery because the 615 required one, not because Moto wanted to give it epic battery life.

The 620 will supposedly be a huge jump forward, but until then you want a cheap 410 phone like the G or an 808/801/800 phone. The 615 seems particularly crappy. If the Play is turned into the next Droid phone, then Verizon buyer beware...

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It's really weird to me that this thread is so openly hostile toward iPhone and its users when the Apple threads really don't seem to discuss Android at all (unless someone has a switching question).

It would really be cool to talk about Android without constantly having random Apple non sequiturs injected into the conversation that worsen your argument.

It's been reported that Android users earn less income than Apple users, so it's possible that Android users just have an inferiority complex and therefore a chip on their shoulder about Apple users, hence why Apple users don't seem concerned with Android users but the latter tend to be so loudly derisive.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Syrinxx posted:

It seems like Samsung (and Apple/LG) are about to have a bit of a rude awakening now that 3/4 of the US carriers have stopped subsidizing phones. $600-800+ is a bitter pill to swallow for most people, even if it's done in a payment plan, because there are so many solid performers in the midrange Android market right now. When that $30/month drops off the monthly bill and the phone is theirs, people are going to be significantly less likely to jump straight to the next big thing.

Certainly a development that should be welcomed.

I wonder if the insistence on non-replaceable battery from various companies is to all the more ensure planned obsolescence.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

starry skies above posted:

It's been reported that Android users earn less income than Apple users, so it's possible that Android users just have an inferiority complex and therefore a chip on their shoulder about Apple users, hence why Apple users don't seem concerned with Android users but the latter tend to be so loudly derisive.
Oh please.

If you'd like to see loudly derisive Apple users I'd be happy to point you to any number of Apple fanboi sites and forums.

Personally I don't think "random Apple non sequiturs" are "constantly injected into the conversation" here, but I openly admit to being an Android fan and it's possible I'm a bit blind to it.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Myself I prefer Android because I hate Apple's aesthetic. Also I'm poor and can't afford their products.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

starry skies above posted:

Maybe so. Threads with large communities tend to be echo chambers, so even though there are outliers (I personally know iOS users who will scream bloody murder if anyone suggests Android can be good at anything) they will probably not feel like the thread would be very receptive to their posts.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
People really give too many shits about what phones other people use. Ignore what other people keep in their pants.

Buy what's cool and good to you and STFU.

Anyway, how's that *rolls dice*.... Hardware keyboard looking?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

FistEnergy posted:

I believe this was expected in Android tech circles, since the 615 is an extremely inefficient, aging SoC with a horrible GPU. Either Android Central or Police nailed it as soon as it was announced - saying that the Play had a massive battery because the 615 required one, not because Moto wanted to give it epic battery life.

The 620 will supposedly be a huge jump forward, but until then you want a cheap 410 phone like the G or an 808/801/800 phone. The 615 seems particularly crappy. If the Play is turned into the next Droid phone, then Verizon buyer beware...

The 615 is just a 410 with double the cores and a slightly better GPU. There's no reason for it to stutter compared to the 410.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

TraderStav posted:

Anyway, how's that *rolls dice*.... Hardware keyboard looking?

That's a device that doesn't leave your room or work space. Smartphones partly function as fashion items and are purposely designed to be as fashionable as possible because people don't merely use them as communication devices but also as status markers.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Anyone here have a Moto X with a leather back?

I only ask because I have a 2014 X, which I bought through Moto Maker, and it has the standard soft touch plastic backing. I'm probably going to be ordering the new model as soon as it's for sale and I'm considering getting a leather back. I'm curious as to how others feel about the leather. Do you think it was worth the cost? How well has it held up? And would you order another phone with a leather back?

P.S. My '14 X has been a great phone, probably the best phone I've owned. And since genetics has gifted me with huge basketball player hands, I now find the 5.2in screen just average and am not turned off by larger screened phones in the slightest.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Android Police were the ones poo-pooing the Moto X Play's SoC choice. Apparently other devices that have used it have been pretty mediocre as well.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

SouthLAnd posted:

Anyone here have a Moto X with a leather back?

I only ask because I have a 2014 X, which I bought through Moto Maker, and it has the standard soft touch plastic backing. I'm probably going to be ordering the new model as soon as it's for sale and I'm considering getting a leather back. I'm curious as to how others feel about the leather. Do you think it was worth the cost? How well has it held up? And would you order another phone with a leather back?

P.S. My '14 X has been a great phone, probably the best phone I've owned. And since genetics has gifted me with huge basketball player hands, I now find the 5.2in screen just average and am not turned off by larger screened phones in the slightest.

Mine is leather, and it gets a new scratch every time I look at it. I would much rather have the soft plastic.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Is there a way to get google voice to let me pick the language I am speaking? I'm getting really angry at it by watching it get my entire mon-english sentence correctly, then suddenly decide the last word is English so it must convert the whole sentence to English. 2nd gen moto X on latest updates, if that matters.

Edit: I mean on demand as a "current" language setting, as opposed to going and disabling the other language's availability entirely.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Mine is leather, and it gets a new scratch every time I look at it. I would much rather have the soft plastic.

I saw about 4 leather ones in person before getting mine and each one made me want to get the plastic even more, if you're at all concerned about the wear on it, save yourself the trouble.

Brut fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Just pulled the trigger on a 2015 Moto G. This is silly, but I forgot to customize the wallpaper and boot greeting when I was ordering it; can the greeting be changed in Settings on the phone, and does it come with all of the Moto Maker wallpaper options?