Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

VDay posted:

Alright less than a week to kickoff. Just need to avoid any last-minute injuries or unfortunate inciden--

<UCLA PLAYER DOES SOMETHING STUPID>

Oh god damnit.

Hey, an actual crime for the LA sportswriters to focus on. I'll hold my breath...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: #ND transfer Everett Golson is #FSU's new starting QB.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

pillsburysoldier posted:

UVA Transfer Greyson Lambert named UGA starting QB.

How bad is Bryce Ramsey?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what

e: seriously, how loving bad is Virginia if this is what happens to his transfer

Frinkahedron fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 31, 2015

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
How can a perennial top 10 recruiting school like UGA be forced to settle for a quarterback transfer from UVA

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Ehud posted:

@BruceFeldmanCFB: #ND transfer Everett Golson is #FSU's new starting QB.

No way! Did this come out of Jimbo's mouth himself?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Don't forget about the MEAC when it comes to awesome marching bands.

Pakled posted:

How can a perennial top 10 recruiting school like UGA be forced to settle for a quarterback transfer from UVA

It's pretty wild how many SEC schools have first-year starters or complete unknowns at QB this year. Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Auburn (sort of), LSU (though that's not unusual), Florida (if Grier starts over Harris)...

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
So can anyone tell me what the hell the rules are as far as a coach communicating with/recruiting a player who already has an LOI in place for another school? Du'vonta Lampkin committed to Texas, then decided he wasn't going to take a Spanish credit over the summer that he needed to qualify for admission here. A couple weeks ago he announced on Twitter that he was going to OU. Stoops has openly talked about him and getting him on scholarship ASAP. He's up on campus and possibly practicing with the team right now. Except today there are reports that Lampkin still hasn't been officially denied admission or released from his LOI.

Can that really be kosher?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Strawberry Panda posted:

No way! Did this come out of Jimbo's mouth himself?

yup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ1eZaLM3bU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Strobe posted:

No I love OneRepublic, but having been in the K-State marching band that's not cool.

They are apparently performing with the marching band if it makes it better.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou's receiving corps is going to manage to be maybe worse this year than last year: they have two sophomores, three RS freshman, and one true freshman all in their top six (until Not Good senior Wesley Leftwich is back from injury). Guessing we're going to need weed man Sean Culkin to step up at TE.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Spintzel posted:

They are apparently performing with the marching band if it makes it better.

That makes it roughly one million times better, yes. In the marching band's experience, it goes from "drat, this sucks" to "this is loving awesome" and good for them if that's the case.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

The Penn State/ Rutgers athletic departments and the Big Ten are trying their hardest to jam this "rivalry" down our throats.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Komet posted:

The Penn State/ Rutgers athletic departments and the Big Ten are trying their hardest to jam this "rivalry" down our throats.

At least it's not as bad as

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Pakled posted:

I think I'm a UConn football fan now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pakled posted:

:laffo:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
UCF is the sole team in the AAC that UConn has an active winning streak against. The winning streak is currently at: 1.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

News:

Views:

:suicide:

Great. Looking forward to 30min halftimes with lovely pop music. A fine addition to the miserable TV timeout red-cap guy.

gently caress everything gently caress this.

Is it too late to apologize for this halftime musical choice?

In UGA news, if Lambert is our starter, that seems fine with me. I have talked to a few of our wide receivers and all of them wanted Lambert to win the position.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou's receiving corps is going to manage to be maybe worse this year than last year: they have two sophomores, three RS freshman, and one true freshman all in their top six (until Not Good senior Wesley Leftwich is back from injury). Guessing we're going to need weed man Sean Culkin to step up at TE.

Nate Brown and J'Mon Moore have got this

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Pakled posted:

Someone explain how this rivalry even came to be

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

bacon flaps posted:

:20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

Also, is the LSU band allowed to play Neck again? Because that owns.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
lol at people bitching about OneRepublic playing at their game. UK gets Sundy Best and our Women's Basketball coach's cover band is opening for them to start our season. I'd kill for OneRepublic.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Chieves posted:

It depends on the band director; they actually played it a few times last year. I heard from someone who's in the band say that they're gonna' play Tuba Quake in the stadium this year finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc4kscxlVko

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

bacon flaps posted:

Think of Tim Beckman's Northwestern hatred but remove the logic of in-state or even regional competition. UConn's coach is a dipshit.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

bacon flaps posted:

Easy. This summer, UConn decided they wanted to have a rivalry with someone. UCF was the only FBS game they won last year, so they made a trophy and started enumerating the wins on it with their most recent victory without getting any input from UCF. In fact, nobody at UCF knew about it until UConn's twitter started talking about it.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Here's some of that Neck business. I don't give a flying gently caress how crude or crass it is, when that tune gets played in Death Valley, poo poo gets very, very crazy. Goddamnit I'm so ready for this season to start!!!!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLaOTrVXWso

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

What in the goddamned hell?

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Auburn Krystal loves Auburn football

Pakled posted:

Easy. This summer, UConn decided they wanted to have a rivalry with someone. UCF was the only FBS game they won last year, so they made a trophy and started enumerating the wins on it with their most recent victory without getting any input from UCF. In fact, nobody at UCF knew about it until UConn's twitter started talking about it.

I'll allow it.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 1, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

What in the goddamned hell?

God help your digestive system if you eat a sack of Krystals

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

God help your digestive system if you eat a sack of Krystals

Krystal near Canal Street probably saved my life

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Pakled posted:

It's because most schools, especially the top programs, can't really take more than a couple of QBs every couple of years. When you start having 2...3...4 highly touted QB recruits on your team, at least two of them are going to go play somewhere else because they have NFL aspirations and don't want to ride the bench for 4 years behind some other 5* freshman that you took in the same class. That makes missing on a QB recruit or two really painful since now you're stuck with either them or whoever wasn't good enough to transfer and start at another program.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Krystal near Canal Street probably saved my life

Yea I went there a few times

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Pakled posted:

Jacob Eason will be here this winter. He's another Stafford

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

pillsburysoldier posted:

UVA Transfer Greyson Lambert named UGA starting QB.

How bad is Bryce Ramsey?

He makes bad decisions. All UGA wants this year is someone with enough arm to prevent the opposing team from putting 9 in the box(no bauta) but won't toss a bunch of picks. I saw this coming when lambert transferred in.

He had a poo poo first week of camp but really came on lately. I think it's a good call.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Chieves posted:

What's going to happen is that partway through the season the LSU band is going to talk about "bringing Neck back on a trial basis" for one of the games.

As long as that game is an SEC game this will inevitably end in "suck that tiger dick bitch" and the song will be shelved again until next year.

Alas.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Civil Conflict is the stupidest possible rivalry name.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sash! posted:

Civil Conflict is the stupidest possible rivalry name.

Right?

It reads off like a less obtrusive way to say Domestic Violence or Domestic Terrorism etc etc.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Coastal Carolina will join Sun Belt in football in 2017-18, all other sports in 2016-17 sources told @ESPN

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

pillsburysoldier posted:

Coastal Carolina will join Sun Belt in football in 2017-18, all other sports in 2016-17 sources told @ESPN

Bad news for UMass, since that gives the Fun Belt 12 for a conference title game and that was UMass' big selling point for inclusion. Now they either 1) still beg to be let in anyway even without leverage b) go independent or -) drop down to FCS (which they should do but they pumped a buncha money into their campus stadium so that ain't happening)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Farking Bastage posted:

He makes bad decisions. All UGA wants this year is someone with enough arm to prevent the opposing team from putting 9 in the box(no bauta) but won't toss a bunch of picks. I saw this coming when lambert transferred in.

He had a poo poo first week of camp but really came on lately. I think it's a good call.

I would always get psyched last year when Ramsey would come in for Mason. Yay! Now we can throw downfield! And Ramsey would immediately throw a pick. I wish he would've won the job, but, welp.

Lambert is the tallest starting QB Richt has ever had at Georgia, with two inches on both David Greene and Matt Stafford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Does Tennessee Tech have a good marching band? And if so, can they afford to travel?

• Locked thread