Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
Why does it matter that much to you? They'll have their own opinions soon enough, little else to do this close to release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Orv posted:

Friend fixed it by changing his password so that Steam on his phone couldn't log in, because the mobile app keeps reporting even with the phone off.

I love you.

edit: HOLY poo poo THIS GAME HAS DS4 PROMPTS ON THE PC VERSION

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 1, 2015

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Orv posted:

Friend fixed it by changing his password so that Steam on his phone couldn't log in, because the mobile app keeps reporting even with the phone off.

Why not just turn the phone off for a few minutes?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Why not just turn the phone off for a few minutes?

Doesn't actually stop reporting on Steam's end.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Auto detection put my graphics options to high and all the bells and whistles, and it runs loving buttery smooth on an i5 2500k and 2GB 760 GTX

holy poo poo this game is gorgeous

edit:

oh gently caress it's got a camera screenshot mode like Shadow of Mordor with filters and stuff that can also take video

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I am loving psyched as all hell for the screenshot/photo mode. I love that poo poo. I want action shots of people ramming into warboys with their cars!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
apparently the day one patch fixes alot of technical problems.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/08/31/mad-max-update-ps4-includes-lots-story-gameplay-improvements/

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Wonder when that will make it's way to the PC version - right now invert mouselook only applies to the controller. I can't be the only person who plays this way?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

Wonder when that will make it's way to the PC version - right now invert mouselook only applies to the controller. I can't be the only person who plays this way?

Burn the witch.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Huh interesting. Especially about the 'flow' improvements to the gameplay.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

PC version seems to be insanely good in terms of performance, it runs ridiculously well on my 770. Using a controller so I don't know if the rest of the port is up to snuff.

If nothing else the opening of this game is cool as poo poo.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
I got my car body and holy gently caress vehicle combat is already The Tightest poo poo and I've got gently caress all for upgrades :perfect:

Although I am not wild about some of the controls using a 360 pad. B is shotgun for some reason. Incidentally I wasted my only shot. :downsgun:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

I got my car body and holy gently caress vehicle combat is already The Tightest poo poo and I've got gently caress all for upgrades :perfect:

Although I am not wild about some of the controls using a 360 pad. B is shotgun for some reason. Incidentally I wasted my only shot. :downsgun:

You can change to alt controls that swaps b and rb.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

how does the car combat work?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

how does the car combat work?

So far all I can really do is shotgun gas tanks (SUPER satisfying), or do a sideways ram/shunt move. Kinda like how Sleeping Dogs had.

I loved the side slam in Sleeping Dogs. I love it here. :toot:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So wait, are the bases they are talking about basically Far Cry style outposts/fortresses? Or am I misreading that?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

So far all I can really do is shotgun gas tanks (SUPER satisfying), or do a sideways ram/shunt move. Kinda like how Sleeping Dogs had.

I loved the side slam in Sleeping Dogs. I love it here. :toot:

ok. I am happy now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So guess who just found out that the upgrades to Max's jacket/items/etc actually change their appearance? (it's me) I also found out that you can take Max's jacket off completely for nothing but a huge drop in defense if you really want to for some reason. It's MGS3 all over again.

Naked Max

edit: And by the way, hell yes there is an entire upgrades tab for facial hair/beards. I know you were wondering.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 1, 2015

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Some of the criticism I've read is the combat is too easy, so playing naked will give it a nice challenge!

Asilack
Apr 23, 2008

Are there different outfits, or is it just upgrades that glue more stuff onto your jacket?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

CJacobs posted:

edit: And by the way, hell yes there is an entire upgrades tab for facial hair/beards. I know you were wondering.

Gotta admit I like the sound of that. Max just looks so generic. I'm hoping I can get him looking a bit more unique.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
There's a long beard version that makes him look like a wookie.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Everyone should go in the options and change for the alternate controls when using a controller. On default there's no button for the handbrake, while there is one when using the alternate control scheme.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I'm at the part where I choose a car body. And the choices have me utterly paralyzed :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sqXBB1ETU0

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Anti-Hero posted:

You are. We killed all the rest for heresy.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

mlmp08 posted:

I'm at the part where I choose a car body. And the choices have me utterly paralyzed :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sqXBB1ETU0

get the one that most looks like Max's old black-on-black.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Blind Sally posted:

get the one that most looks like Max's old black-on-black.

Yeah that's why I went with. Thought about a rat rod but meh.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Orv posted:

Turn off Steam. Then go here, download the topmost zip. Unpack that, install the client, start the program. If it asks you to create a network adapter let it do so, if not there'll be an option to do so. Once it's created, open the VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers option, accept the two windows and select one of the Germany servers. If one won't connect use the other. Once connected, restart Steam, go to Mad Max and decrypt it. From there until the game launches wherever you are you'll need to be connected to the VPN in order to see Play instead of Preload, but you can play to your hearts content.

You magnificent bastard.

So I changed my password before I started so my phone would error out, then did these steps and I'm here in Australia 12 hours before release and it SAYS PLAY and IS UNPACKING! :)

I will spend today playing Max and discussing it with you lot.

THANKS!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Saw a "stuff you didn't know about Mad Max" video. Points of interest:

Original movie had a budget of $3000. Many people were paid in beer. The crazy bikers with weird outfits were mostly recruited from a real biker gang, who also worked for beer. An ambulance was borrowed for beer. It may be the beeriest movie ever.

Dog for Road Warrior was a rescue from a pound, one day away from termination. The director's wife noticed how good he was at focusing on playing with a stone, and they wanted an Australian breed for the movie, and they realized his focus meant he could be trained, so they got that boy. After the movie he went and lived on a farm.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Oh hey, new Nvidia driver for MAD MAX and some other game nobody will play dropped.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ok gunna go make a coffee and get comfortable and SETTLE IN. Thanks again thread!

Merrill Grinch posted:

Oh hey, new Nvidia driver for MAD MAX and some other game nobody will play dropped.

Oh, it totally did. Gunna whack that on before I even start, great!

Orv
May 4, 2011
I can see it being pretty decent fun once you've got all the toys, gonna have to split my time this week, linear nature of time loving me in the rear end again here.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Found my first bug and although it's not a major one I do find it pretty funny.

Entering the Upgrade Your Max menu while in a car causes this to happen. :v:

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Orv posted:

Turn off Steam. Then go here, download the topmost zip. Unpack that, install the client, start the program. If it asks you to create a network adapter let it do so, if not there'll be an option to do so. Once it's created, open the VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers option, accept the two windows and select one of the Germany servers. If one won't connect use the other. Once connected, restart Steam, go to Mad Max and decrypt it. From there until the game launches wherever you are you'll need to be connected to the VPN in order to see Play instead of Preload, but you can play to your hearts content.

What do I do if Germany isn't showing up on the list of countries available?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Muttonchips posted:

It's 45 minutes to release for NA/SA, if you just want to wait. Otherwise any western European country should suffice currently.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Muttonchips posted:

Make a pot of coffee. Have a nature bar. Wait 45 minutes. Install update. Play game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I think I found out why the steam page for the game's a little wonky right now. Its loving weird seeing cool big budget films on steam now.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

I can't see that in AU. What is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Mad Max: Fury Road, the movie.

[e]

• Locked thread