Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Uh the Anagram does not work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Artificer posted:

This sounds like a hostile workplace. :(

No, clearly Ainz has read Team of Rivals and is trying to mimic the leadership style of of famous necromancer-President Abraham Lincoln.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Was this one of those scenes that the LN folks are up in arms about? Because I feel 100% okay about what happened with Crazy Clem this ep.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

GloomMouse posted:

Was this one of those scenes that the LN folks are up in arms about? Because I feel 100% okay about what happened with Crazy Clem this ep.

Not even.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

GloomMouse posted:

Nope, as far as I know. A guy spoiled it a few pages back but most people seem really excited about it. I have to wait another five hours though. :(

Gonna miss you Clem. :smith:

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 1, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

GloomMouse posted:

Someone got really upset about it but its safe to say that guy was retarded.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Clamentine's voice actress is really amazing.

:glomp:

The CGI stuff looked really out of place though. All those flakes and bits with shade on them looked really weird compared to the characters.
Oh, and that necromancer being crushed by a maid was just wonderful. Lord Ains, so cool.

Poil fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 1, 2015

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Don't lie.

Everyone make sure you catch the stuff after the credits~

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

Don't lie.

Everyone make sure you catch the stuff after the credits~

Its a 1 when stuff that happens in vol 6 and 7 go up to like 9, in terms of really pointless cruelty. The early stuff the anime is at was when I still thought it was all cool, instead of kinda cool and kinda bad.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
That was hosed up.
I loved it

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Sharkopath posted:

Its a 1 when stuff that happens in vol 6 and 7 go up to like 9, in terms of really pointless cruelty. The early stuff the anime is at was when I still thought it was all cool, instead of kinda cool and kinda bad.

But nobody else has really read the webnovels, so what the hell.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Huh, guess that explains her fighting Ainz in the opening.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
C'MERE METAL WOLF, I'LL HUG YA TO DEATH!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Poil posted:

Lord Ains, so cool.
I will let the heir ride on my shoulders, from time to time :kimchi:

All of the minions are super adorable since we haven't seen them all turning into Turbohitlers yet.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Poor Clementine. If only she'd found someone who'd give her a nicer hug and she could teach to dance or whatever.

Never Forget :911:'

e: Apparently this is potential spoilers for anime watchers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9End_DSf0I

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 1, 2015

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Man I get home and I got good food and overlord waiting for me. This is gonna be a good night.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Verdict: Ehhhh. THE HUG wasn't too bad but considering how violent and sadistic Clem was I was hoping it'd be this agonizingly long kill worthy of old-school anime gore like Genocyber/MD Geist.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Verdict: Ehhhh. THE HUG wasn't too bad but considering how violent and sadistic Clem was I was hoping it'd be this agonizingly long kill worthy of old-school anime gore like Genocyber/MD Geist. Akira

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm not sure what you guys want because I thought that was pretty loving brutal. drat Ains.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7OAW_6Fo_s

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I'm not sure what you guys want because I thought that was pretty loving brutal.
It's like way the gently caress more gruesome in the LN. Much like everything else of course.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Books 1 and 2 are Momonga's books, containing his attempts to figure out the world and his place in it; Book 3 is the changeover book, partially Momonga-focused but starting the trend of more focus on the Guardians and other Nazarick denizens.

Now we are officially in Dad Anime territory.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They did skip a part however. Probably because the Anime is not going to go on much farther and because nothing has happened in the novels yet related to it.

When Narberal went back to get Clementine's gear, Clementine was missing.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I have to say I really liked how Clementine had sealed spells on her stilettos. I prefer games that have spell casting magical weapons over the ones that just do additional elemental damage.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 2, 2015

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Narberal sure enjoyed taking out the trash this episode.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I was hoping for more gore. More torture. A 10 minute hug.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

*licks lips gorefully*

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Namtab posted:

*licks lips gorefully*

You might wanna see a doctor about that...

edit: At least get a band-aid or something.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Next episode is going to be hella amazing.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

They did skip a part however. Probably because the Anime is not going to go on much farther and because nothing has happened in the novels yet related to it.

When Narberal went back to get Clementine's gear, Clementine was missing.

What? No, that didn't happen.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I'm dissapointed they didnt bother to tell why the necromancer wanted to kill the entire town. He basically wanted to turn into a lich so he could bring back his mom to life.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Iretep posted:

I'm dissapointed they didnt bother to tell why the necromancer wanted to kill the entire town. He basically wanted to turn into a lich so he could bring back his mom to life.

haha what an idiot i'm glad he's dead

gently caress yer mum, bagworm

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Iretep posted:

What was that DnD monster that was basically this superzombie that was only made via attempting to revive a loved one?

Yeah gently caress you dude, your mom doesn't deserve that.

What did Ainz mean when he said he was actually hypocritical?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Artificer posted:

What did Ainz mean when he said he was actually hypocritical?

He said in the earlier episode he couldnt really judge Clementine for what she did since he probably would do the same thing under diffrent circumstances. Then he intentionally slowly hugs her to death because hes kind of angry about her torturing the mage.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordaedil posted:

What? No, that didn't happen.

Well I don't know when it happens or when it was stated as I don't know the Light Novels very well. But Clementine's body is stated to have vanished at some point in them.

• Locked thread